InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ Dreaming of You ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Over Come All Odds
Chapter 6. Dreaming Of You
"So that was your best friend huh?" Hiei questioned after Shikka left to let them be.
"Yup." Iyudaka said happily.
"Man what a mouth." Hiei was drained from his verbal fight with Shikka.
"Come on, Hiei, leave her alone. She's been through a lot in her life." Daka defended Shikka.
"And like I haven't!" Hiei shouted at her in an angry tone.
"Then tell me!” Daka yelled back. She didn't know what happened to him but she didn't like him yelling her like that.
"Forget it!" Hiei growled and turned his back on Iyudaka.
"Fine!" Iyudaka barked back. Her features softened and she felt like she wanted to cry. “Hiei please . . .” She placed a hand on his shoulder. “I love you… please tell me.” Hiei turned to face her and gently kissed her on the lips and pulled her close. Hopeful that that would get her mind off the subject.
"So . . ." Hiei said after they pulled away. "What happened to . . . Shikka was it? What happened to her that was so horrible?"
"Her mother died when she and her little brother, Shippo, were both pretty young." Iyudaka began.
"Well that's not so bad." Hiei commented.
"After her mother died she would go on long walks by herself. One day she met a white fox demon like herself, Yoko Kurama. They got to talking and became the best of friends. Then these two demon brothers killed her father when she was away. Shippo and Shikka were devastated. She said she was 'very lucky to have Yoko there to comfort her.' I think she even loved him. But sadly he left Shikka one day too. He just said he had to leave. So you see Shikka's lost just about every one she's ever loved." Iyudaka finished tears coming to her eyes.
"I see." Hiei pulled Iyudaka into a close embrace. "You're a good friend Iyu." Daka looked up at Hiei and they kissed.
888
~*Dream/flashback*~

"Kura'!" Shikka yelled running to her friend.
"Hey, Red." Kurama said as Shikka hugged him tight.
"What's wrong Kura'?" Shikka asked worried.
"I'm sorry, Red, but I must leave you." Yoko Kurama said sadly.
"But, Kura', why!" Shikka asked confused, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.
"If I told you, you would hate me." He hung his head as if ashamed.
No Kura'! I could never hate you!” Shikka protested but Yoko Kurama just hugged her tightly as she cried.
"Please don't cry, Shikka, you must under stand." He said as he looked into Shikka's sad brown eyes.
"Will I ever see you again?" Shikka asked looking up at him.
"It's a promise, Red. Now I must go." Yoko Kurama left without another word.
"No wait! Kura'!" Shikka yelled after him. But her screams got lost in the wind. She fell in a heap on the ground crying in the darkness. "But I . . . I never got to tell you . . . I love you."
~*End dream/flashback*~
Shikka bolted straight up in bed with a tear stained face. She breathed a sigh if relief. "It was only a dream. A dream that felt so very real." She looked out her window and up at the half moon. "Kura', where are you?"
888
A young red headed boy awoke in a cold sweat. It was that dream again. Shikka your thinking of me again aren't you? Yoko came in through the boys thoughts.
"Shuuichi are you ok?" His mother's voice came from the other side of his bedroom door.
"Yes Mom." I promise, Red, wewillmeet again soon. Kurama looked out at the half moon and slowly fell into an uneasy sleep.