InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ Broke Her Heart ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Overcome All Odds
Chapter 9. Broke Her Heart
8884 years later888
"Momma can I go please!" Rayven begged with her famous puppy dog eyes.
"Ray, I said no!" Her mother Iyudaka said once again in a stern voice. Rayven had been begging her for a week now to go to the Dark Tournament.
"Why not?" Ray whined.
"Because you have school." Iyudaka informed her daughter.
"Why? That's stupid! Why would you have school during The Dark Tournament?"
"I know dear . . ." Daka trailed off.
"Ha ha I get to go and you don't!" The 4 year old Romah chanted.
"Romah don't tease your sister." Daka scolded her brown haired blue eyed son.
"Yeah or else I'll beat you up you little twerp!" Rayven threaten her little half brother.
"You're just jealous that I get to go and you can't." Romah stuck his tongue out at his sister.
"I am not!" Ray shouted.
"You are too!" Romah continued to tease.
"Not!"
"Too!"
"Not!"
"Too!"
"Children, children that's enough!" Iyudaka yelled, trying to get her kids to stop bickering.
"Hey, Romah, your village called. They're missing their idiot!" Ray continued to taunt her little brother.
"Hey!" Romah cried.
"Rayven!" Daka said sternly.
"But Momma!"
"We'll see Rayven if I can get you out for a day or two. But right now it's time for school." And as if on cue the door bell rang. "See there's Somachi and Iyume."
"Alright Momma." The 8 year old Rayven groaned and went to the door and as her mother had said there was her 14 year old cousin Chitty (Somachi) son of Sesshomaru and Rin, and 11 year old cousin Iyume. Inuyasha and Kagome's oldest. "Bye Momma. I'll see you after school."
"Bye Sweetie. Oh hey, Rom, why don't you go and play with Yashgo (Kagome and Inuyasha's 5 year old son) today."
"Ok Momma. See you later." And Romah was out the door as well.
Finally, maybe I can actually get the house clean today. Iyudaka thought. But luck was just never on her side.
"Hello Iyudaka." Came a deep voice from the shadows.
"Ahhh! Koga don't do that . . . please." Daka said a little disappointed that her 'lover' had returned.
"I'm sorry." Koga said wrapping his arms around Iyudaka. "About the other day . . ."
"No that's ok. You can't even see it any more. See!" Daka said showing Koga her wrists that a few days ago had been bruised and swollen.
"I see. So how about I make it up to you?" Koga said with a sly smile, Iyudaka began to back away.
"Oh no, no It's ok. I . . . I have some work . . ." Iyudaka started to say at the same time Koga was advancing toward her. She tried to back away but she found a wall had decided to plant its self there without her looking.
"Nonsense, I insist." Koga picked Iyudaka up, flung her over his shoulder, and went up to 'their' bedroom.
888
Why do I get these pains sometimes? Could it be . . . could it be possible that Iyu is hurt, that I can feel her pain? That we are in some way bonded? Hiei was in a trance the night before the tournament would begin.
"Hiei are you alright." Kurama asked worried shaking him out of his trance. "You spaced out."
"I'm fine." Hiei snapped.
Yusuke, Kuwabara, and the masked fighter were sleeping getting a good nights rest for tomorrows fight in The Dark Tournament. Kurama and Hiei just sat talking before they went to bed.
"Hiei?" Kurama asked quietly
"Hn?"
"Were . . . were you . . . ever in love?" Kurama asked not sure if he should have asked Hiei such a question.
"Why would I ever be in love?” Hiei said snapping again. He was beginning to be in a bad mood.
"Just curious." The fox stated.
"Were you?" Hiei asked.
"It was a long time ago, when I was still in my Yoko form. She was beautiful. I knew I loved her from the moment I saw her." Kurama said as he began to reminisce.
888Flashback888
"Hey watch where your going, you stupid ass!" A red headed fox demon said after she had collided with Yoko Kurama.
"Maybe little girl you should watch where your going. You ran into me." Yoko raised an eye brow at the female fox.
Shikka sighed. "I'm sorry, it's just . . ." Shikka sighed again and Yoko could tell there was something bothering her. "I'm Shikka."
"It's a pleasure to meet such a beauty." Shikka blushed as Yoko kissed her hand. "I'm Yoko Kurama. Now do you mind telling me what's bothering you?"
Shikka, who never opened up to strangers before felt compelled to answer him. "I just lost my mother." Shikka said quietly with tears starting to come to her dark brown eyes.
"I'm so sorry, here." Yoko handed Shikka a white cloth to dry her tears with. "But running from your problems doesn't solve them.” He said wisely.
"Thanks, I know it's just hard." Shikka took the cloth and blew her nose. "Yoko Kurama wasn't it? That's too long. How about Yoko or Kura'? Yeah I like that, Kura'."
"Then I shall call you . . . Red." Yoko Kurama said with a dashing smile, Shikka blushed again her face almost as red as her hair.
"SHIKKA!" A strong male voice was heard.
"That's my dad. I have to go but . . . I want to see you again." Shikka said sadly.
"You will, Red, of that I'm sure." Yoko smiled at her again.
"Bye Kura'!" Shikka waved as she left.
"Good bye . . . my lovely." Yoko said as she ran off but she was already to far gone and didn't hear him.
888End flashback888
"So you're the one who broke that loud mouthed bitch's heart." Hiei chuckled.
"Excuse me! You know Shikka!” Kurama said with surprise.
“Yeah, unfortunately.”
“D-did you say broke I her heart? I broke her heart? I . . . she loved me?" Kurama was still in complete shock.
"To my knowledge she still does." Hiei said idly.
"She does? Wait how would you know?" Kurama asked now curious.
"I just do ok!" Hiei yelled with fire in his eyes. Kurama backed off and went to leave Hiei alone and to think about what he just told him. What have I done! Did I too break the heart of the one I love? Please, Iyu, please forgive me.