InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ Wolf Gods ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Over Come All Odds
Chapter 10. Wolf gods
"What a fight that was! Good thing you're here Yukina. You can heal me." Kuwabara said with his goofy smile. They were all walking home from the stadium for the night.
"Huh?" Yukina wasn't paying any attention. She had noticed something in the corner of her eye. "That looks like . . ."
"Ahhh!" Kuwabara screamed like a girl. "Yukina look out!" He shouted as he saw a giant black wolf jump out from behind a bush. "Don't worry Yukina I'll protect you! Huh?" Kuwabara was puzzled for the wolf wasn't attacking Yukina but licking her face.
"Come on now, Nukka, cut it out." Yukina said as she pushed the big lug away.
"Ok what's going on here?" Kuwabara asked completely clueless.
"Precisely what I wanted to know." Yusuke said walking up to them. “Who's the mutt?”
"Oh it's Nukka. Hello old fella, how are you?" Botan said and began scratching Nukka behind the ears.
"Can we just leave the over sized mutt alone and go!" Hiei scowled.
"Hiei! Have more respect for a Wolf god then that!" Kurama scolded. Nukka growled and bared his teeth which were blood stained after so many years of living. "You know him don't you boy?" Kurama asked talking to Nukka.
"Oh good the damn mutt remembers me." Hiei turned to leave and Nukka continued to growl "Oh just shut the hell up. No one's afraid of you any way you old bastard!"
"Hiei . . ." The wolf finally spoke in a gruff, old, deep, voice. "The nerve of you coming back, you should be ashamed of yourself."
"Me ashamed! She's the one who accused me of cheating, does it herself, and mates with the damn bastard!" Hiei shouted.
"That's not how it is! If you would just . . ." Just then Nukka heard a whistle that was the signal for him to come home. "I'll talk to you later." Nukka said sternly and then left.
"Yeah, whatever, I'm so scared." Hiei said in a mocking tone and left as well to be alone.
"What just happened?" Kuwabara asked still as clueless as ever.
"Come on now guys. Lets go, this is none of our concern." Botan said trying to push them on.
888
"But, Momma, what about Papa?" Rayven whined.
"Rayven, stop complaining! I let you come here today didn't I?" Iyudaka said irritated. It wasn't necessarily Rayven's fault it's Koga that puts her in these moods. And it was the fact that Hiei was getting his ass kicked in the ring.
"But Momma, Papa's hurt!" Rayven cried.
"I know Sweetie. I know." Oh Hiei please stay strong. You must live through this. We need you.
Iyu? She's here? Hiei thought as he could sense her thoughts were near. He and the masked fighter where trapped in the force field of the `nurse' Ruka.
Hiei's power just increased drastically again. We may be out of this force field sooner then I thought. The masked fighter thought while watching Hiei.
"Damn it! Now we can't see a friggin' thing!" Shikka yelled.
"Shikka!" Iyudaka scolded for there were children present and heaven forbid you say inappropriate things.
"Sorry but what is that fog stuff?" Shikka said as she wiggled her nose and then sneezed.
"I don't know . . . “ Daka trailed off as something came out of the fog.
"No it can't be!" Shikka said wide eyed.
“It is! It's Yoko Kurama?" Daka said shocked.
"But Kura's dead! He's dead! But . . . Daka . . ." Shikka eyes began to tear. She didn't know what to think.
"It's alright Shikka, it's alright." Iyudaka said holding her friend. Then she realized something. "Wait, where are the children? Rayven! Romah! No!" She called to them in a panic.