InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Lover's Quarrels ❯ Messing up an old friendship and other stuff ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha
 
Lover's Quarrel
Chapter 6
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru went inside of Sesshomaru's castle. “Why did you kidnap me, Sesshomaru?” Kagome inquired with more force pushing away from him.
“Rin needs a mother and I've chosen you.” Sesshomaru said in a way that made her hair stand on end. Then he pulled her into a kiss. The kiss was passionate and made Kagome melt in Sesshomaru's arms. Just then Koga and Inuyasha burst through the doors, Koga helped lead Inuyasha to Kagome so they could save her.
When Inuyasha saw Kagome, HIS Kagome, kissing Sesshomaru, HIS BROTHER, he couldn't take it, he ran off. Kagome heard this and broke the kiss with Sesshomaru. “Inuyasha!!!” she called. He heard her calling but didn't care. “Koga” Kagome said as she stepped forward to meet him. After seeing Kagome kissing another demon he was mad beyond belief. He growled furiously at Kagome, turned, and ran. “Koga!!!” Kagome yelled after, but he was out of earshot.
After seeing two of the most important people in her life run out of her life she couldn't take it she ran out of Sesshomaru's castle. Sesshomaru tried to stop her but using her miko powers she forced him back and kept running till her legs gave out.
Finally she reacted a clearing. There she fell asleep from exhaustion. When she awoke she was in a cave surrounded by wolves. “We've brought you here to cheer Koga up.” Said one of the wolves she remembered seeing her first time at Koga's cave. He picked her up and dragged her over where Koga was. “Koga we brought someone to cheer you up.” The wolf said as they reached Koga.
Koga looked up and saw Kagome. “Get her out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” he yelled.
“Koga, please forgive me. Sesshomaru kissed me, not the other way around. Koga please listen to me.” Kagome pleaded, but Koga wasn't listening. “Fine. I'll be leaving.” With that Kagome ran out of the cave.
As she was running she saw a big shadow. `Oh no please don't be one of the Birds of Paradise.' She thought. Kagome looked up and sure enough it was the Birds of Paradise. At this the bird started to swoop sown, but Inuyasha came and saved her. He was close by and smelled her scent.
After killing the bird, with his Iron Reborn Soul Stealer, Inuyasha picked up Kagome, who had fainted, and ran off to join Miroku, Songo, and Shippo.
Since Kagome didn't awaken when they reached the others Inuyasha carried her while they searched for more jewel shards. “I'm sorry, Inu...yasha.” Kagome said in her sleep. Inuyasha looked down and was happy to hold her in his arms.
Soon Kagome woke up. The first they she saw was Inuyasha carrying her. She jumped out of his arms a little embarrassed and said, “Thank you for saving me. I am for saving me. I am truly sorry about what happened with Sesshomaru.”
Kagome saying this brought back the scene of her and Sesshomaru kissing and a new hurt. “It's okay” he said trying to hold back his true feelings. He was devastated, but he couldn't let Kagome know.
“What happened with Sesshomaru?” Songo, Miroku, and Shippo asked together.
“Nothing.” Inuyasha and Kagome said quickly. Whispering to Songo Kagome said, “I'll tell you later.”
Later while bathing Kagome told Songo everything. “So he kissed you?” Songo asked.
“Yea. It's kinda weird though,” Kagome replied.
“Well I can see why Inuyasha was moping when he came back from trying to find you.” Songo stated.
“Koga is mad at me now. He won't even see me. I don't know what to do. What happens if Sesshomaru tries to kidnap me again?” Kagome asked a little scared at that thought.
“I don't know but I think this means we have to keep a closer eye on you.” Songo replied with uncertainty.
That night Kagome tossed and turned. She dreamt about Koga and Sesshomaru. When she awoke she wasn't rested at all.
That morning Kagome was tired and couldn't keep up. “Keep up wench!” Inuyasha yelled a few yards a head.
“I'm trying,” answered back. “I didn't get much sleep last night.” Just then she froze. “I sense a jewel shard!” she yelled so the other far ahead of her could hear before she collapsed.
“Don't go fainting on me you stupid girl,” Inuyasha yelled shaking Kagome to wake her up. “Where is the jewel shard? Kagome wake up! Kagome!!!”
“Stop that,” Shouted the others as they arrived. “Listen,” Songo said, “She's snoring. Let her be Inuyasha.”
“How are we suppose to know where the jewel shard is if she's asleep?” Inuyasha asked frustrated at not finding the jewel shard and trying to cover his fast beating heart to have Kagome lying in his arms again. After some pleading from the others Inuyasha yelled exhausted himself, “Fine! We'll rest for now. I'm still not happy about not going after the jewel shard.”
A few hours later Kagome woke up to find the others sleeping around her. Again she felt the jewel shard only it was stronger and somewhat familiar but she couldn't tell what from. Kagome went outside. She felt like she was being watched. “Who's there? Show yourself.” Nobody came out. “I know your there come out now.” She yelled. Just then out came Koga. “Koga!” Kagome said astonished.
“Kagome,” Koga started, “I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I treated you the other day. I should have given you time to explain. Can you ever forgive me?”
“Of course I forgive you Koga. I understand why you were so mad. I just want you to forgive me.” Kagome exclaimed hoping that Koga would forgive her.
“Yes I forgive you.” Koga said softly pulling Kagome into a kiss.
Just as they were about to kiss Inuyasha jumped into the clearing and yelled, “Get your hands off MY Kagome, wolf!”
`HIS Kagome!' thought Kagome pulling away from Kagome.
“What do you mean your Kagome, mutt face?” Koga shouted.
Just realizing what he said Inuyasha tried to explain. “I mean I need her to find the jewel shards so I can become full demon.” He sounded more confident than he felt. He turned his head cause his eyes betrayed him.
“So I just collect jewels for YOU, huh!!!” Kagome yelled. “Well why don't you ask Kikyo to do it for you?” with tears in her eyes she continued. “Tell the others I left with Koga because of your ignorance. Koga are you ready to go?”
“Uh, sure.” Replied Koga a little confused about what was going on. And before Inuyasha could stop them Koga and Kagome were gone.
When Inuyasha arrived back at camp everyone except for Miroku was awake. Miroku had a very large bump on his head, which made Inuyasha think he tried to feel Songo up and got hit. “Where's Kagome?” asked Songo.
“She told me to tell you that she left because of my ig…ignor…ignorance what ever that is. I tried to stop her but she left with Koga before I could.” Inuyasha replied.
“She's with Koga AGAIN?!” half asked and exclaimed Songo. “What did you do this time?”
“Me! I didn't do anything except for…” Jut as Inuyasha was about to tell Songo everything (it's a new moon) Miroku woke up and Inuyasha stopped.
“With Koga. There's a fearsome demon with a jewel shard and it's a new moon, so Kagome's there for protection.” Songo explained winking at a changing Inuyasha.
Later that night Inuyasha and Songo took a walk. After checking for eavesdroppers Inuyasha told Songo everything (remember it's a new moon). “So you almost let out certain feelings for her but to protect yourself you thought up the first reason you ever let Kagome stay. That was quick thinking but a little dumb.” Songo thought a loud.
“Yes now Kagome's pissed off and is with Koga. What should I do?” pleaded a pitiful looking Inuyasha.
“Let's let her cool down over the next couple of days, then we'll get her away from Koga. Ok?” Songo explained.
A few days later Inuyasha and co. went to retrieve Kagome. When they got to Koga's cave Inuyasha demanded to know where Kagome was.
“She's gone home, mutt.” Koga answered calmly to Inuyasha's threats.
“Fine” Inuyasha said angrily. `That means I have to go get her.' He thought and took off with Songo, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara behind him.
When Inuyasha reached the well he didn't even wait for the others (they can't get through the well without Kagome or Inuyasha) he just jumped in. He was transported to Future Japan.
Inuyasha climbed up the wall of the well and looked at the Higurashi Shrine. Soon he spotted Kagome with some red headed guy. “Hi Kenshin. It's great to see you!” Kagome exclaimed.
“Hey Kagome. I was wondering if you were feeling better.” Kenshin said.
“Oh I'm feeling better thanks for asking.” She replied.
“I came to ask if you wanted to go to a movie. There's a great film out.” He said hoping not to be rejected this time.
“Sure I would love to go. Let me get my coat.” Kagome said cheerfully running into the house.
Inuyasha watched devastatingly as Kagome got her coat and happily left with Kenshin. `I've lost her forever.' Inuyasha thought sadly as he climbed limply walked back to the well and sorrowfully floated back to Feudal Japan.
“So how did it go?” Songo asked enthusiastically.
“IT didn't. She went to some place called `movies', whatever that is, some guy named Kenshin.” Inuyasha said as he climbed out of the well. After saying this, the scene of Kagome leaving with Kenshin returned to him and ran he ran off so no one could see his tears.
Inuyasha didn't return for days. Everyone was looking for him even Kagome who had returned to the group. Songo, Miroku, and Shippo began to get discouraged after a week but Kagome refused to stop looking.
Inuyasha sat on a branch of a tree reflecting over what he saw at the Higurashi Shrine. Then he heard a noise. Turning swiftly around he just stopped from hitting his childhood friend Kurama. “Kurama? Is that you?” Inuyasha asked with surprise. “I haven't seen you my mother and I had to leave to escape those killers. How are you?”
“I'm doing fine. It's you I'm worried about. Is everything okay with you? You seem distracted.” Kurama replied thoughtfully.
Kurama being one of his childhood friends Inuyasha told him everything. “So she went to the movies with this human guy named Kenshin, right?” Inuyasha nodded. “Well if she's who I think she is she's been looking for you for days. I think you should go back. I'll go with you if you want me to.” Kurama suggested trying to comfort his long time friend.
“Ok Kurama let's go.” Inuyasha responded more cheerful and confident than he had felt in days.
They found the gang camped out. Inuyasha and Kurama jumped from the trees to the ground in the middle of the camp.
“Inuyasha,” Kagome shouted happily. “I've miss-. Who's he. Hi I'm Kagome.”
“I'm Kurama.” Kurama said shaking Kagome's outstretched hand his gorgeous green eyes sparkling as he met Kagome's gaze. “It's nice to meet you.”
“Likewise.” Kagome said lost Kurama's eyes. “Oh.” Kagome declared breaking the long lasting handshake. “Inuyasha you had me worried. Where do you get off running away like that? Huh? I'm waiting for an answer.”(Sounds like someone's mother)
“I'm surprised you even knew I was gone. What about Kenshin and Koga?” Inuyasha answered angry that Kagome looked at Kurama that way but never at him.
“I-I,” Kagome stammered.
“Let's all just get some sleep and continue this little chat tomorrow.” Kurama said stepping between a hurt Kagome and an angry Inuyasha. Everyone agreed and went to sleep. (Always the peace keeping burro)
When Inuyasha awoke he found that Kagome and Kurama were gone. He found them in a clearing a few yards away.
“Ok, use your sprit energy to turn the rose into a whip.” Kurama said standing behind Kagome extending his arms around her slim body to guide her hands and the whip.
“Thanks Kurama.” Kagome stated looking behind her at Kurama. “This will really come in handy when fighting evil demons.”
“I'm glad you like it. Let's go back to camp. I think the others are waking. We'll continue tomorrow morning.” Kurama said letting go of Kagome.
When they got back to the came to the camp a moody Inuyasha was already there. “Where have you been?” Songo asked with a raised eyebrow.
“I went for a walk and found Kurama. We started talking and loss track of time.” Kagome said hastily not wanting anybody knowing what she was really doing.
“Well you two must be hungry. Come have some breakfast.” Miroku suggest happily covering up what he was really thinking. `There's more to it than just those two talking and losing track of time.'
After breakfast the gang started off. Kagome sensed a rapid moving jewel shard so the other decided to split into groups.
“Songo, you, Kirara, and Miroku go that way.” Kagome exclaimed barking out orders. “Inuyasha and Shippo go over that way. Kurama and I will go this way.”
“Why do I have to be stuck with Shippo? Why can't he go with Kurama?” Inuyasha asked annoyed that Kagome wanted to search with Kurama but not him.
“Shippo knows you better. Come on Inuyasha. The longer we wait the farther away the jewel shard gets.” Kagome's forceful voice at the beginning changing into a sweet, enthralling voice that made Inuyasha melt.
“Ok. Fine. I'll go with Shippo. We'll all meet here in an hour.” Inuyasha stated as he ran off with Shippo to find the shard. “I can't believe she chose Kurama over me.”
“The way you've been acting,” Shippo started harshly, “I'm surprised she hasn't left us yet.”
Kagome and Kurama were the first to reach the demon. Kagome using her arrows (she doesn't have a rose) paralyzed the demon while Kurama disembodied it. Then using her miko powers Kagome located the jewel shard and extracted it before the monster could reassemble.
“Got it!” Kagome exclaimed happily hugging Kurama. “You were great, so graceful.”
“No we did it together.” Kurama said beaming from Kagome's compliment and hugging her back.
Just then Inuyasha and Shippo burst through the woods, for they smelled blood. “K…K…Kagome? What's going on here?!” Inuyasha yelled getting angrier by the second. “Kurama what the HELL are you doing?!”
Breaking the hug Kagome said, trying to calm Inuyasha down, “I was just thanking Kurama for helping me defeat the demon and getting another jewel shard. Calm down Inuyasha. Stop being so overprotective. It's not like we're in a relationship or anything.”
Upon hearing this Inuyasha backed down. `Not in a relationship? Stop being so overprotective? Am I hearing this from the girl whose life I've saved countless times? The girl I love?' “Fine if want to stop being overprotective then let's see how you fair without me here to save you.” With that Inuyasha ran deep into the woods yet again.
“Oh no!” Kagome cried. “I better go after him who knows what he'll do in that state.
“Stop Kagome!” Kurama yelled. “Let him cool down who knows what he'll do to somebody in that state.”
“You're right. Let's find Miroku, Songo, and Kirara and go back to the campsite.” Kagome said worried about Inuyasha but feeling guilty about liking Kurama.
“So he ran in while you and Kurama were hugging?” Songo asked while she and Kagome bathing later that night.
“Yes and then he took. I just down know what to do. I like Inuyasha but I like Kurama also. I'm so confused.” Kagome cried trying to keep her composure in front of Songo but then breaking down.
“Calm down Kagome. Maybe you should, I don't know, go home for a while. You know think it over. Get your bearings straight. Then come back and make your decision then.” Songo suggested comforting Kagome.
“Yea I think that's a good idea.” Kagome said wiping her tears from her face. “Thanks Songo.”
The next day Kagome went home. Songo, Miroku, Kirara, Shippo, and Kurama watched her go. But what they didn't know was that Inuyasha was watching from the treetops.
At home Kagome stayed in her room and refused to see her friends even Kenshin. She thought long and hard about her dilemma. `What should I do' she wondered. `How did this happen again? I thought after Koga this whole choosing sides thing would be over. I need to talk to someone, but who.' Then it hit her she would talk to Botan her friend and almost confidant for years. The only thing Kagome hadn't told Botan was about Feudal Japan.
Kagome got dressed, said goodbye to her mom, and walked to Botan's house. When she got there Botan's mom greeted her. “Hi Kagome. Are you doing ok? How're your bunions?” Botan's mom asked. “Oh where are my manners? Come and sit down. Get off your feet. I'll go get Botan. Botan!! Kagome's here.”
“I'm coming.” Botan yelled running down the stairs. “Kagome how are you? Are your bedsores doing ok?”
“Uh…yeah. I was wondering if I could get your advice about something.” Kagome asked wondering why her grandpa couldn't just say a cold.
“Ok let's go to my room.” Botan suggested. When the girls reached Botan's room Kagome told Botan everything (insert Kagome's story). “So that's where Kurama is hiding.”
“What?” Kagome asked.
“Nothing I'll tell later. So you don't know what to do about liking them both, right?” Kagome nodded. “Well you should talk to both of them. Find out their feelings for you. See if they feel the same way.”
“Thanks Botan you helped me a lot.” Kagome exclaimed hugging Botan and running out the door.
The next day after packing her bag Kagome jumped into the Bone Eater's Well. When she climbed out Kurama and the others met her, Inuyasha still hadn't turned up.
“Hi Kagome! Welcome back.”
“Thanks Songo. Have you heard from Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.
“Uh…um…no.” Songo stuttered trying not to blab to Kagome that she had talked to Inuyasha just a few days ago.
It was about four days ago when Songo got an anonymous letter to meet someone at the God Tree, where Inuyasha was trapped by Kikyo's arrow fifty years. When Songo finally got to the God Tree Inuyasha was sitting in one the lower branches of the tree. Setting down her giant boomerang Songo asked, “Are you the one who sent me that letter, Inuyasha?”
“Yea I gotta ask you something.” Inuyasha said starring out into the lonely sky.
“Sure Inuyasha anything.” Songo replied wondering what Inuyasha could possibly want.
“Is it my fault Kagome left?” Inuyasha asked looking at Songo. “And be honest with me.”
“I don't know Inuyasha. Kagome has been confused lately and yes part of it is you.” Songo replied trying to break it gently to Inuyasha.
“No I haven't seen Inuyasha, Kagome” Songo said snapping back to reality. “He's bound to turn up sometime.”
“I hope he comes back soon. I really need to talk to him.” Kagome replied, her worry deepening.
“He's bound to show up soon. Don't worry Kagome.” Kurama said putting an arm around Kagome to comfort her.
`I hope he comes back soon.' Kagome thought letting herself be lead by Kurama. `He has to come back.'
Sitting high in the trees watching was Inuyasha. He thought to himself as he watched Kagome and the others, `Today is the day I go back.'
 
 
 
 
Well that's that. Special thanks to the people at Fanfiction.net
 
Kurama's-One-True-Love
Vinh-Vietness
Xinh
FrbddnAngel
Regana
Nekokitsune 16
Numbah 1
BlookRoseOTDemon
Hiei's Godess
Smartalick Hiei Lover
Hiei! Hiei! Hiei!
Hiei's Miko Girl
Fire Aparition Demoness
Do Hiei or not do Hiei
MLD
 
Also Special Thanks to the people at MediaMiner.org
Shabopo
Starrystarrynites
Kagome15
Red_devil_dog
 
Thanks to everyone for reviewin'. I feel so happy for all the reviews I've gotten. Kurama tattoos for everyone :-D. So Botan knows about Feudal Japan but Kagome doesn't know about the Rei Tanki. She will soon. The Sprit Detectives should be coming soon maybe in the next couple chapters. I have a really great conflict I want to bring up before we bring in our favorite guys. So plz review and I'll try to get the chapter to u soon enough.