InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Lost Mother ❯ A dream premonition ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey there minna-san! New chapter thanks to my ONE review….hm, can you pweety pwease review more? It would kinda help my ego as a writer…
Well, in this chapter, its from someone else's point of view. So here it is! And I might start the voting for pairings. It is a 75 percent chance of it being a kurama/kagome fic. So here it is! The new chapter of My Lost Mother!
 
Disclaimer: I rock at this. *deep breath and shouts* I SOO DON'T OWN INUYASHA! I WISH I DID THOUGH! *giggles* hee hee, I did it!
 
Chapter 2
 
A figure stumbled away from the bandits, heavily bleeding from the many cuts on his body. His rags called clothes ripped and tore even more from the defiant branches standing in his way. Panting in exhaustion, he quickly tried to find a hiding place. As he slowed down to look, he heard bushes snap and rustle as a crowd of feet could be heard running to his location. Panicking to the limits of hyperventilating, he almost sighed in relief and slouch at seeing a hole, small enough to not be noticed if you were in a rush under a rotting tree under its roots. He quickly hid in it and, with his ruby eyes, watched as well used boots clouded his vision from underneath.
 
“Where is that little brat?” he heard one of them ask.
 
“I have no clue, spread out and search men!” The brash voice commanded all the others as the boots spread out, fanning about the clearing. The small child held his breath as one pair came extremely close to his hiding place.
 
`Oh please! Please don't find me! All I want is a home, a mother, and a family! I don't want to live like this!' he cried out desperately inside his head. He could feel his hot, wet tears slide down, what should be round, jubilant cheeks of a child, but instead almost hollow cheeks of one who has been through unnamable things. As the wet crystals dropped from his chin, they turned into ruby red gems, falling to the forest floor. As he tried to stop his tears, he sniffed, quite loudly. He froze as he saw the boots in front of him stop. He could hear the slight humor and the voice that soon said, “Come out, come out, wherever you are! We know where you are, now just come out and it wont be painful,” One of his comrades looked at him in surprise, then grinned at the next word. “much.”
 
The child's blood froze. They knew where he was! He could feel himself start to panic once again, much to his dismay, started to breathe heavily. His soft pants could only just be heard, but with the silence in the clearing, only broken by his rapidly beating heart, he could tell they found him. Boot came into his view, pausing, as if he was checking. He tried to calm his erratic breathing, but it did him no good. Suddenly, when he wasn't expecting it, a horribly scarred face with evil, cold, glinting gray eyes caught his ruby red gaze.
 
“Boo.”
 
He gave a startled gasp before moving back as much as he could. He didn't realize how big the hole was, for the man could stick his whole upper body in it, even more!
 
“You can never run.” The cold voice of the man forced him to move back even further, which did no good, since the man just entered even more.
 
“You will never fit in.” Forbidden tears started welling up in his eyes. He tried scooting away, but there was no where else to run.
 
“Did you expect to be able to get away?” He was terrified.
 
Suddenly, a hand rushed out and caught his throat. He gasped as he struggled to breathe. The man smirked, and drew him out. The boy was immediately surrounded by the bandits, all ugly, scarred, and evil. They were as evil as any demon, but they were human. He dropped the kid and kicked him in the stomach. The child gave a gasp of pain. The man hunched down on his haunches and grabbed the boy's spiky black hair and mad the boy look at him in the eye before punching him there. Again, another cry was heard. He grabbed the boy's hair again roughly before him, looking at him straight in the eye.
 
“You can never hide from us…” He slapped his cheek for emphasis before he dropped him onto the ground, bleeding, bruised, and broken. With a nod to his men, they gathered him before starting to walk away. The words of the leading bandit floated to his ears in the wind, cursing him, haunting him, for the rest of his life.
 
“If you ever run, we will hunt you down. You can never hide…”
 
Throughout this whole seen, terrified sapphire eyes watched the mistreatment of the young boy, cornered by men, and no matter what she tried, she could not move, could not help him. All she could do was watch. As soon as they left, and she could move, she ran over into the clearing. Tears ran down her cheeks as she saw him. She could not leave him alone, not like this. So, allowing her motherly instincts to overwhelm her, she picked him up and held him close.
 
“Hiei…” The name fell from her lips, surprising her with their gentleness and the knowledge that she even knew his name. He began to respond to her calling of his name. It had only been a few minutes, but she already felt a strong bond of mother and song forming. This had only happened with Shippou, so does that mean that she would adopt him as a son too? The question flew out of her mind as she felt him cuddling into her, then look up, ruby eyes meeting sapphire with silver flecked eyes. As he saw the love there directed to him, he gave a smile, but then whimpered. The pain of reality finally sunk in. He buried his face into her neck, crying, and the arms that hung about her neck loosely tightened so he could get closer.
 
She smoothed his back, cooing in his pointed ear, whispering reassurances that he would be fine. As it soon became apparent that her coddling was not helping, she used her powers. As she continued smoothing his back, her hands began glowing a gentle baby blue, and in satisfaction, his wounds began disappearing. “There there, little firefly, Momma can make it all better,” she whispered. As soon as she whispered it, he started fading. His eyes snapped open and locked with hers, tinged with panic and surprise. He started fading away from her and started reaching for her. Tears fell down his cheeks. He did not want to go away from this woman. She could possible be his mother! His family! He started to get frantic, struggling again with the forcing holding him back from her, but it was all like in slow motion.
 
Just before he disappeared complete, their eyes connected and a bright light flashed. She yelled out to him in vain.
 
“Hiei!”
 
~End dream sequence/premonition~
 
A/N: hee hee, cliffy again. If you guys review more, I'll post up the next chapter sooner. Oh and the chapters with only the YYH group will be in numbers, and the things happening in the Feudal Era with Kagome will be named. Until the two people meet again, it will stay like that. When they do meet, it will be both numbers and titles…unless I can't think of a title. Anyway, hope you like it! Ja ne minna-san!