InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Passage of Time ❯ Gangs and Lords ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha or Yu Yu Hakusho, or its characters.
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
Crimson eyes opened once, but the bright light filtering in through the window was too bright for his hyper sensitive eyes, so he closed them. His entire body felt both worn and torn, he felt so drained and weak, then he remember the army, the dragon than being sucked into the black rift. 'Where did I come out?'
 
"I think he is waking up." A voice to his left said, which was followed by footsteps rushing to his side, causing a whiff of food to reach his nose as well. He tensed up out of reflexes, he did not recognize the scents, nor the voice that had spoken. His eyes shot open and he came face-to-face with what he thought at first was a pirate prune.
 
The prune pirate turned out to be an elderly lady, greatly wrinkled, who was wearing a patch over her eye. He glared at the old woman, who just leaned away and looked at someone else. "The child will be fine." She told the others that he could then see as she had leaned back.
 
'Something's not right.' Hiei thought to himself, 'If we were pulled into that strange vortex... wait! Where is Kurama?' He asked himself silently as he suddenly sat up, and looked around trying to find the location of his fox inhabited friend.
 
"Hey! You shouldn't move yet! You're hurt!!" A feminine voice reached his ears and he swung his head around and glared at her. "Where's Kurama?" He demanded, still glaring at the girl wearing one of those ridiculously short school uniforms, which should be considered illegal.
 
Kagome blinked in confusion "Kurama?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side not recognizing the name. Hiei blinked and looked around. He spotted the old women wearing red and white priestess robes, then some female dressed in the garbs of an ancient demon slayer, then he saw a small fox child who had a bow in his hair, a two tailed cat, and last a half-breed dog demon clad in a pure red outfit.
 
'Demons and humans under the same roof... Something isn't right.' He mentally told himself as he took turns glaring at each of them. "Is this a costume party?" He questioned as he pointed to the half-demon's attire.
 
"What did you say?!?" Inu Yasha demanded as he cracked his knuckles. "Inu Yasha! He's just a child, and he's hurt badly!!" Kagome scolded Inu Yasha. Hiei turned and glared at the person who dared call him a child, even if she was scolding the loud half-breed.
 
"Human," Hiei started and in a blur had his sword pressed against the female's throat, causing the one called Inu Yasha to visibly tense, and he readied himself to defend the girl if needed. "I am no child." He stated as the others tensed and looked at him in a second light.
 
"He moved faster than Sesshoumaru..." Shippo said in awe as he hoped onto Hiei's shoulder. Hiei withdrew his blade from the girl's neck, re sheathed it, then glared at the fox child on his shoulder. "Hnn..."
 
"Wow! You're so cool! My name is Shippo! What's yours? What are you? I'm a fox demon! How old are you?" He questioned hyperly while Hiei merely blinked, knowing that hyper kitsune's are never a good thing, so he had decided it would be best to humor the kit.
 
"Hiei; half fire apparition, half ice koorime; 200." He summed up in one answer while Shippo jumped over to his other shoulder. "How did you get your hair to stand up like that?" Shippo questioned as he prodded at the short demon's anti gravity hair.
 
Hiei just ignored the questioned. "Shippo?" Kagome asked while mentally wondering why the young fox was acting so nice-strange towards this odd unknown demon, whom looked like a child but was older than Inu Yasha. The fox turned his head to the side and looked and Kagome before leaping onto Hiei's lap.
 
"He smells like he has been in contact with a kitsune." Shippo informed her in an excited voice as he looked up into Hiei's deep crimson eyes. "I have." He stated shortly as he plucked the fox child up, off his lap and deposited him on his strong shoulder. He then stood and looked at his right arm and noted the bandage was untouched, same as the bandana on his forehead covering his jagan.
 
"Really?!? Where is the kitsune!?!?" Shippo asked while all the other occupants in Kaede's hut listened carefully. "I asked where he was, meaning I am uncertain of his location." Hiei told the fox as he ran a hand over the bandage concealing the dragon on his right arm.
 
"Kaede didn't touch the bandages on either your hand or your forehead, since they didn't appear to have any wounds beneath them." Kagome stated as Shippo eyed Hiei with stare filled eyes, which made the fire apparition shift uncomfortably.
 
"They aren't wounds." Hiei stated, glad they were left untouched and the old lady nodded. "Aye... as I thought." She said as she hobbled over to the fire to stir a large pot of delicious stew. Sure he was hungry, but the only person to ever see him eat was Kurama, and that was normally sugar filled treats.
 
Kaede and the girl in her school uniform started spooning the stew into wooden bowls, using a wooden ladle. Shippo then leapt off Hiei's shoulder and snagged two bowls from the women and returned to the short fire apparition's side. "Here!" Shippo held up one bowl towards him a smile on his cute face.
 
Hiei crossed his arms over his chest, there was no way he'd ever eat in front of anyone save his fox friend Kurama, who was still missing. 'He was pulled in too.. but where is he if he didn't come out at the same place as me?' Shippo looked down as if saddened and then proceeded to eat his stew after having set Hiei's untouched one down.
 
Everyone ate in silence, save Hie who didn't eat at all. As Shippo finished his meal, Kagome reached into her pack and retrieved a king-size Kit-Kat bar, and handed it to Shippo.
 
Hiei eyed the delectable treat hungrily, his sweet-tooth was craving the delicious chocolate and his stomach agreed. Shippo happily skipped onto Hiei's shoulder and ripped open the packaging before tossing it on the hut's wooden floor. He then broke the treat in two, and offered the larger half to Hiei.
 
Hiei snagged the offered treat up by his claws and plopped the entire thing into his mouth, savoring the chocolate-delicacy. Shippo smiled happily as he copied Hiei and deposited the entire chuck into his mouth, making a perfect impression of Hiei.
 
"Looks like someone has a sweet-tooth." Kagome giggled and pulled out two boxes. One held in its card-board interior the delicious treat known as strawberry pocky, while the other held another delicacy known as reverse pocky. Both Hiei's and Shippo's eyes widened and in a blur both they and the pocky disappeared.
 
Kagome blinked, "They're gone..." She said stunned and confused as she looked over at the steeled demon exterminator. "They are on the roof." Inu Yasha stated and they all walked outside and looked up at the roof. Both of them had multiple sticks of pocky shoved into their mouths, while the empty boxes littered the ground at the gang's feet.
 
"Child perhaps it wasn't wise ye gave them those treats." Kaede said as she regarded the two who were sitting on the roof staring down at them. "Human, I am not trivial enough to befall a sugar high." Hiei stated as crossed his arms and glared at Kaede, as if to prove he had not changed into a hyper mode after having devoured the boxes of pocky with Shippo's help.
 
Shippo copied Hiei and sat there calmly, arms crossed and he glared down at Kaede in an exact replica of Hiei, but way smaller. Kagome giggled, 'Looks like Shippo found himself a role-model.' She thought to herself while smiling happily for the young kit.
 
"Feh!!" Inu Yasha said as he added his glare to the glare fest. 'Shippo is never calm after he eats those treats from Kagome's world... What's going on?' The half demon mentally asked himself as he scowled up at the strange Hiei.
 
Sango regarded Hiei closely, he looked like he'd make a fierce opponent. Hiei gave one last glare to the group before scooping the young fox into his arms, and a blur that would put Sesshoumaru to shame, raced off towards the God Tree. He leapt up onto Inu Yasha's branch, and settle down, placing the small fox child on his lap. 'In a way, he reminds me of Kurama.' Hiei thought to himself.
 
The Inu gang returned to the hut, Inu Yasha scowling at the fact that someone was sitting in his tree, on his branch. "We're setting out for shards first thing in the morning." The silver haired Inu-hanyou informed the group as he sat down against a wall, placed his sword against his side still in its sheath, and closed his eyes.
 
Kagome pulled out a blanket and handed it to Kaede, then another which she gave to Sango, then another for herself. They all settled down and closed their eyes, hoping for some rest after the long and tramatizing day they had.
 
Hiei silently observed Shippo as the fox fell asleep, then as the kit's heart beat and breathing slowed to a relaxed pace, he closed his eyes and feigned sleep. He kept himself alert and on guard, weary of everything in this strange medieval place.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Kurama slowly pushed against the fog in his mind, moving through the layers of sleep towards awakening. He was nearly awake when a stench filled his delicate nose, which made him mentally cringe. 'What's decomposing?' he silently questioned himself as alertness was restored to his mind and body.
 
His eyes shot open, and he came fact to face with a mutated slug thing with bright yellow eyes. Kurama's eyes widened at the hideous sight and he swiftly rolled to his left, away from the unknown thing and off the edge of the bed, going smoothly to his feet in the process.
 
"Human filth!" The creature thing shrieked loudly. "It is amusing you refer to me as being filth, when a horrid stench clings to you, not to mention the fact that you make even Kuwabara look like a super model." Kurama stated witily as he regarded the speaking thing icily.
 
"You ungrateful wench!!" The thing squealed angrily, which merely caused Kurama to quirk a brow.
 
"Lord Jaken?" A voice asked as the door leading into the chamber where the fox and hideous toad were located. "What?!?!?" Jaken snapped as he glared at the green-eyed, blue haired, and undeniably gorgeous arctic fox demon.
 
"Lord Sesshoumaru has ordered me to assist our guest." The fox said as he bowed respectfully. "Fine!! Bathe the wench, and fit her with a proper kimono worthy of our Lord's presence." Jaken ordered as the foxes exchanged an exasperated look.
 
"As you say Master Jaken." Kyou bowed and motioned for Kurama to follow him. The gorgeous red head silently followed as Jaken stood there, fuming. Kyou closed the door behind Kurama and lead the way down the hall.
 
"I apologize for Jaken crude behavior." Kyou stated as he lead Kurama past the guard standing at the entrance to the Royal Wing. "I am Kurama." Kurama offered his name as his emerald eyes took in his surroundings with precise detail.
 
"Kyou." Kyou stated, while smirking over his shoulder at Kurama. "You referred to the slug as 'Lord', why?" Kurama questioned as he quickened his pace so that he was no longer behind Kyou, but beside him.
A sigh escaped Kyou's lips, and he regarded Kurama momentarily before he answered, "Jaken is Lord Sesshoumaru's retainer." Kurama looked thoughtful for a few seconds before he nodded showing he understood fully.
 
"For a retainer he sure has a low I. Q." Kurama stated thinking on the fact that the idiotic creature was foolish enough to think he was a she. How insulting!
 
"I.... Q?" Kyou questioned in confusion. "Scientific term of one's level of intellect." Kurama explained simply as they descended the main stairs and headed to the doors leading outdoors.
 
Kyou nodded, understanding the level of intellect part but no recognizing the whole scientific aspect of it as he did not understand the meaning of that word. They exited the castle and walked down to the main front steps, then onto the cobble stone path. The two of them walked over to the giant bath house doors.
 
"Are you a scholar?" Kyou questioned Kurama as the guards at the bath house doors open the solid white gold door. "No." Kurama answered as they stepped into the steam filled building.
 
Kyou regarded Kurama as he lead him to the changing area and said, "If you are not a scholar then you must be a noble." Kyou nodded knowing in human politics, that only those of noble birth would receive an education, either that or if you were either a scholar or a monk. Not to mention he was very well groomed, unlike the majority of humans.
 
A deep chuckle escaped Kurama's throat as he shook his head negatively. "No A am not." He stated with amusement coloring his words. "A monk then?" Kyou questioned as his curiosity grew larger.
 
His chuckle intensified, him a holy being, now that was laughable. "Not a monk either." He said as they entered the change rooms and Kyou closed the door behind them.
 
"If you aren't a scholar, noble , or monk, may I ask what you are?" Kyou questioned as he pulled out a large fluffy white towel from a shelf and returned to Kurama's side. "You can, but I won't necessarily answer." Kurama stated as Kyou set the towel down on a bench.
 
"Let me guess.... It's something involving some strange unknown term of yours?" Kyou guessed as he reached around and started unbuttoning Kurama's pink school uniform top, which caused the ruby-haired teen to blink, and his eyes to momentarily flash gold. Within a few seconds Kurama's pink jacket was removed, then his top which was located underneath the jacket, leaving him topless, and revealing his perfect chest and stomach.
 
'This medieval ancient Japan, judging by the buildings, grounds, soldiers, and someone undressing a person of higher stature.' Kurama summed up, having taken in all the information he had accumulated, and that was how he came up with such a precise conclusion.
 
The arctic fox demon quickly removed the red head's shoes, then socks. Kyou blinked and stares at Kurama's pants at a loss of how to remove them. He frowned momentarily before slicing off the article of clothing with his fordable claws. Kurama looked questioningly at the arctic fox demon who had shredded his pants leaving him only clad in his metallic green colored boxers made of the finest silk.
 
Kyou shrugged, "The Lord had ordered me to get you a new outfit, and dispose of this one." He explained as he reached for the boxers. "Oh." Kurama said in shock, which was totally unlike him.
 
"When will I meet this Lord?" Kurama questioned. "After we clean and feed you properly." Kyou answered as he pulled the red heads last barrier of clothing down. Kurama shifted out of the material at his feet and Kyou gently pushed him through some beautifully decorated mats and into a room which held a large hot spring surrounded by rare tropical plants.
 
"Beautiful." Kurama breathed out quietly as Kyou nudged him towards the edge. He slowly climbed into the steamy waters and Kurama relaxed against the side, he could have seriously gotten used to all this. 'I wonder where Hiei is?' He thought to himself, 'He and I were both drawn into the strange vortex which disposed of him here, but where did Hiei come out?'
 
That question echoed throughout his mind as he soaked and washed in the steamy tub for a countless amount of time. Kyou had sat on a bench not too far away, waiting for Kurama to finish his bath.
 
Only after his naturally creamy skin had taken on a reddish tint, did he decide he had bathed long enough. He slowly stood and moved towards the edge, and Kyou stood as well and grabbed the towel before walking over to the point where the red head would exit the water.
 
Kyou wrapped the fluffy white towel around Kurama as the red head stepped out of the water. Kurama nodded his thanks and quickly dried his crimson hair, Kyou went into the changing room, where he would await the human.
 
After he was dry enough, Kurama followed him through the door and into the change room, where Kyou had pulled out a uniform which looked exactly like the arctic fox's and the other guards' as well. Kurama quickly changed into his white silk outfit, with Kyou's help, and then the two handsome males turned and exited the bath house. "Thank you." Kurama said to Kyou, who only smiled and shrugged.
 
They silently trekked back up the path and back into the castle, where Kyou lead them through the multiple halls, before they arrived at a magnificent dinning room.
 
The walls were pure white, but had emeralds woven into vines, with multiple rare gems making up flowers scattered her and there. The room had a black marble floor, and the ceiling was white with many intricate gold chandeliers made of gold and diamonds, which all held burning white candles. At the center of the room stretched a long and low, black and silver table. Hundreds of silver silk cushions lined the sides and the table is doted with vases filled with exotic flowers.
 
Kyou then lead him to the spot near to the head of the head of the table, and Kurama sat down. He had barely gotten comfortable before a servant girl, wearing a simple and plain white yukatta came out carrying a platter of delicious scented food, and she set it down in front of Kurama. "Thank you." He said kindly as he nodded his head, which caused the demon girl to blush then bow low. "A pleasure to serve you milord." She stated before she rushed out.
 
Kurama ate his meal in silence savoring the delicious food in his empty stomach. He quickly ate with proper etiquette which stunned Kyou. 'He can't be an ordinary human.' Kyou thought to himself as he waited.
 
As the red head finished his meal, the same servant girl as before, rushed out and retrieved the dishes and whatever food was left untouched. Kurama then stood as the demon girl and the plates disappeared, and nodded to Kyou.
 
The arctic fox took that as his cue to take Kurama to finally meet the Lord of the West, who was still in his study. Kyou lead him down many halls, enough to make a good number of humans and demons become lest, but he took note of their exact route.
 
Kyou and Kurama stopped outside of a solid oak door, engraved with a simple crescent moon. The arctic fox raised his hand and rapt on the door, and awaited permission to enter with their guest. "Enter." a cold masculine voiced stated from behind the closed door.
 
The blue-head silently swung the door open and beckoned Kurama to enter. The red head nodded his head in thanks for Kyou had done for him. "Thank you." he muttered and entered, and Kyou nodded back before closing the door behind him, waiting for their meeting to conclude.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
That's it for this Chapter! I hope you enjoyed it so far, please review, and continue reading future updates. Ja!!