InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Passage of Time ❯ Miasma, Castles, Jewel Shards and Reunions ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha or Yu Yu Hakusho
 
A/N: I'm sorry for the long lapse in my updates, but I'm STILL having technology malfunctions, meaning my computer is K.O'ed. I have written a lot out on paper, I just need to type it out then submit it, so please be patient I'm trying my best to get my computer up and running. F.Y.I. I have decided to go one story at a time, and I will complete this story first before moving onto my D.N.Angel and completing that one. Later I plan to start several new ones, which I already have ideas for, so please read and review all my works, as I love to hear from the people whose opinions count: The readers.
 
 
Chapter 3
 
 
Sesshoumaru was finishing writing a document as a rough knock on his door symbolized that Kyou and the human had arrived, though he ha both scented and heard them coming. He placed the quill back into its holder, and set the parchment off to the right side of his desk.
 
He looked up at his guest and his breath caught unnoticeably in his throat, 'This human could pass as a female demon.' the demon Lord thought to himself as he regarded the red-head with a calculating look. "Sit." Sesshoumaru ordered emotionlessly as he motioned to the plain white cushion placed in front of his beautiful desk.
 
"You are wondering why This Sesshoumaru has brought you here." Sesshoumaru stated apathetically as he fixed the red-head with his emotionless molten gold eyes. "Yes." Kurama agreed with the demon Lord's statement, as he gracefully took the offered seat.
 
"I found you unconscious in my lands, explain that and also who you are." Sesshoumaru said, and awaited an answer. "My name is Kurama, during combat I was pulled into a strange portal along with one of my friends. That's the last thing I remember before I was awakened by a molester in my room." Kurama answered shortly.
 
"I thank you for taking me in when you found me Lord Sesshoumaru." Kurama stated honestly as he bowed his head in gratitude. "You said you and another were pulled in, yet I had found only you, and no trace of another." Sesshoumaru said.
 
"I believe he may have been transported elsewhere." Kurama said intelligently and the great demon Lord nodded slightly in understanding. "Kurama, explain why you were dressed as you were." Sesshoumaru asked having only seen something remotely similar on his half-breed, half-brother's wench.
 
"That was my uniform for school." He answered truthfully while mentally deciding to keep the fact that he may be from another time a secret. "You are a human, yet educated, what is your social rank?" Sesshoumaru questioned as his curiosity towards the handsome human grew, more and more steadily.
 
Kurama thought over the question for a few minutes before answering, "I am a solider." He stated simply, referring to his work as a Spirit Detective. "Do you have the ability to return to where you came from?" The dog demon asked as he remain unmoving, silently regarded the calm red head.
 
"I am uncertain." Kurama answered truthfully as silence fell over them. 'An educated warrior of human lineage, who was found unarmed and unscathed in a forest within my lands. He has proper hygienic habits judging by his scent, and it is rare to find a human who baths at least once a month. He moves with grace unknown to even many demons, and his beauteous looks are normally only found in higher ranking/powered demons.' the Lord thought to himself during the lapse of silence.
 
"How skilled are you in battle?" He asked as he gazed into the unflinching human's deep emerald eyes. "I am often underestimated." He simply stated, meaning he is stronger than he looked. "If you prove skilled enough, you may stay here as one of my soldiers, seeing as you have no means of returning to your home." He offered not normally being one to permit a human to be welcomed in his home, but Kurama had piqued his curiosity.
"I thank you for your generous offer Lord Sesshoumaru, it is gratefully appreciated.." Kurama thanked him with a nod of his head. "Come, I shall see to your testing in combat." Sesshoumaru stated as he swiftly stood and made his way to the door, and Kurama stood smoothly and followed.
 
'He is missing an arm. Most likely from being in battle, but from what I can tell, he is a powerful adversary.' Kurama thought to himself as Sesshoumaru opened the study doors and exited, motioning for Kyou to come along with them. The blue-head and the red-head followed easily, the Lord's pace was simple for them, but undoubtedly difficult for many others.
 
Sesshoumaru lead them quickly through the winding halls, and out into the grounds. He moved behind the soldiers' dorms, and into an outdoor sparring/training arena.
 
The arena was a large white marble ground in an ovular shape, stretching 400 meters in length and 200 meters in width. It was plain and simple, but it served its purpose for all those who used it. Off to the side nearest them was a medium sized building, which had a sign over the door reading 'Armory'.
 
"Kurama, go and chose a weapon." Sesshoumaru ordered as both he and Kyou moved to the center of the training arena, as Kurama entered into the armory. The red-head walked over to where there was an arrangement of many different whips and he inspected each of them, before he chose the one in the best conditions that he'd be able to easily wield, though in all honesty he preferred his own whip over any of the ones in the Lord's armory.
 
He silently exited the building filled with weapons of all kinds, and made his way over to join the two demons awaiting him. Kyou blinked in confusion as he spotted Kurama's weapon of choice. 'A whip?' He asked himself having thought the handsome human would chose a sword. "Kurama... are you sure you want to use a whip?" Kyou asked in concern, knowing whips were a difficult weapon to master, and it has as many disadvantages as it does advantages.
 
"I am positive." Kurama answered as he stopped several meters away from them, holding his whip relaxed, though he was prepared for a sudden attack if it were to be launched at him. Kyou shrugged and drew his broadsword smoothly from its sheath and lowered himself into a battle ready position. Sesshoumaru moved several paces away and Kyou launched into an attack. He rushed forward, using great speed, sword held firmly in front of his chest.
 
Kurama watched his silently, calculating the arctic fox's every move, and he swiftly executed an attack which caused Kyou to leap back to avoid being struck. The whip crashed loudly on the ground before Kurama swiftly brought it back to himself so he could stop Kyou's next attempt at attacking him.
 
Sesshoumaru regarded them closely, Kyou would charge, changing speeds, movements, and more, but Kurama would continuously send him back with well calculated whippings. 'He is skilled with that whip, but to what extent?' the demon Lord analyzed, cold gold eyes unblinking.
 
Kyou dodged the next whip strike, and instead of moving back as he had done all the times previous, he raced forward, sword poised to strike Kurama in the red head's lower abdomen. Just as the sword was about to pierce him, he moved to the left and easily evaded, before he used the whip to unarm the arctic fox.
 
Kyou fell down un armed, having already been thrown off balance from his missed assault, then the force of the whip striking his blade had finished in knocking him down. The fox looked up at Kurama, a light of respect and amusement shone in his eyes. 'He is skilled, but he pretends to be a novice. I have been defeated once before and the hands off my Lord... But I was going easy on the human, and had foolishly underestimated him.' Kyou thought to himself.
 
Kurama held out his left hand in an offer to aid the fallen arctic fox to his feet, and the blue haired beauty accepted and was pulled swiftly to his feet. "You'd make a good strategist, skilled warrior." Kyou praised his as he retrieved his blade and returned it to its sheath.
 
"You too have skill, though you would do better not to underestimate your enemy no matter what you think the odds of them winning are." The red-head stated knowledgeably as Sesshoumaru silently approached them. "Kyou, in battle you've grown arrogant, it is for the best that you did not come out of this spare triumphant." The Lord stated calmly.
 
"My apologies, I vow to carry this lesson with me always." Kyou bowed low in respect to both of them. "You have skill yet from what I witnessed, you were holding back. What is your true strength?" Sesshoumaru questioned as Kyou straightened silently.
 
"I am uncertain of my full powers." Kurama answered as he wound up the whip and held it at his side. "As are many." Kyou added as he placed his hand firmly on the red-head's shoulder, and looking at Sesshoumaru who merely nodded. "Welcome to the Western Armies." The arctic fox said cheerfully and Kurama smiled his thanks. "I am truly honored, thank you."
 
"You've proven your worth, though it is only past mid-day, perhaps a tour, and then a list of regulations that you must follow." Sesshoumaru said as he turned and started to walk back towards the castle, and the other two males followed obediently. "You may keep the whip." Sesshoumaru state as emotionlessly as ever, seemingly almost bored.
 
"Thank you Lord Sesshoumaru." Kurama thanked him happily, though he would personally prefer to use his own whip, but he had decided to keep Yoko concealed for the time being. The dog demon Lord merely continued walking as though he had not heard him, but Kurama knew otherwise.
 
The handsome red-head quickened his pace so that he was walking beside the highly revered Lord. "Do tell me of your plans." Kurama stated, curious as to what use he'd be to this obviously powerful Lord's army.
 
"I intend to train you myself, and you will be my second. After that you and I will travel the lands to see how well you adapt to different terrains, and real battles where your life is on the line." Sesshoumaru summed up as he regarded the red-head out of the corner of his molten gold eyes. "Very well. Perhaps if luck is on our side, we'll find my missing comrade." Kurama said, feeling pleased with his current situation.
 
Sesshoumaru nodded before he thought to himself, 'Indeed, this will also grant me the perfect opportunity to study this odd and rare human. I wonder if his friend is as strange a human as Kurama, if so the next few years shall prove to be interesting ones.'
 
The three of them entered the palace, and had barely walked a few paces when an out of breath Jaken ran over to them and threw himself in an undignified manner at his Lord's feet. "Lord Sesshoumaru!! I've been looking everywhere for you!" He shrieked and the dog demon regarded his retainer icily.
 
"Jaken, cease your groveling and explain yourself." the Lord ordered as both Kyou and Kurama exchanged a look. "One of you spies has returned barring important information your Lordship!!" the toad informed them. "Kyou, to the front gate, Kurama, and Jaken follow me." Sesshoumaru ordered as he turned and started off towards his study.
 
Sesshoumaru walked off, down the halls with Kurama and Jaken in tow. He arrived shortly at his study and entered, and moved towards his desk. The hideous toad glared daggers at Kurama, "Filthy wench, dressed as a noble warrior in my Lord's unrivaled army." Jaken muttered but all the occupants of the room with good enough hearing merely ignored his, as he stood to the left of his mater who was seated on his cushion, and Kurama stood near the doors.
 
Kurama looked on as Sesshoumaru regarded the demon seated nervously on the cushion adjacent to the Lord. The spy had scaly blue skin, blood red eyes, no hair, and his fangs hung far bellow his bottom lip. The snake demon fidgeted out of pure nerves of being in the presence of such a feared and ruthless demon, a thick scent of fear wafting from him was like potent perfume.
 
"Zazuru, what news do you bear?" Sesshoumaru questioned as Jaken attempted to make himself taller to seem more impressive and important at his Lord's side but he failed miserably. "I...I ha..have word on ... Naraku." Zazuru stuttered in a hiss like voice.
 
Sesshoumaru regarded his sharply, which caused the spy to flinch as though he had been struck. "Where?" the demon Lord asked, eyes narrowing slightly. "To..To ... the sssouth, in the mountains. Lord Akito remains unable to pass the ...the thick miasma." the snake stuttered as he spoke.
 
"Jaken, go prepare Ah-Uh, Kurama go to the armory and retrieve one sword, a bow, and a quiver of arrows, then meet me at the front gate." Sesshoumaru instructed them and Jaken tore out of the room as though the devil himself was at his feet, while Kurama left at a more leisure pace.
 
Kurama walked in silence. 'Naraku... I wonder who he is... Sesshoumaru must be intending to destroy him... but if the miasma is too strong... there will only be one way through.' He thought to himself as he exited the palace and walked over to the armory.
 
He entered the armory and inspected the weapons. He chose a sword, similar to Hiei's but held no where near its power, and place it in its sheath and attached it to his new attires belt. He tests several bows before having picked the best, then he shoulder a quiver carrying magnificent arrows that had beautiful silver feathers on its ends.
 
Kurama made his way back towards the front gate, bow and quiver placed over his right shoulder. He approached Jaken and Sesshoumaru who were standing near a large, green, two headed dragon, who he assumed to be the one called Ah-Uh. "About time wench!!" Shrieked Jaken, who was still under the impression that Kurama was a women.
 
"Kurama... we are going to the South to destroy Naraku, and avenge my ward, who was slaughtered by one of his many filthy spawn." Sesshoumaru informed Kurama as he leapt onto Ah-Uh's back and Jaken scampered up behind him. The red head nodded and climbed on as well, a plan already formulating in his calculating mind.
 
The dragon spread its wings to its full wing-span and took to the airs with one swift downward stroke of its mighty wings. The Lord's retainer held on for dear life, and Sesshoumaru remained standing there, unfazed, eyes glued straight ahead. His vengeance would soon be realized, 'Rin...' his stoic mind echoed as he frowned ever so slightly. Kurama merely sat there, eyes trained to the ground, watching the land fly past with great speed. Little did he know, he had a frown adorned on his face similar to the frown that was on the Lord's face.
 
'His ward had to have been rather important to him.... as thanks for all that he has done for me, I shall aid him in destroying this Naraku.' Kurama silently promised, and determination set in, causing his frown to disperse leaving him with his normal calm and perfect expression.
 
They flew through the air, over countless land types, for a countless amount of time, until finally, Ah-Uh began to slowly and make his descent towards a rapidly nearing Japanese style castle. The two headed dragon glided soundlessly to the ground in the castle's courtyard, where a cat demon stood, awaiting there arrival.
 
The dragon had barely touched down when Sesshoumaru gently leapt off its back and landed gracefully in front of the elegantly dressed demon, who had long golden colored hair. "Lord Akito." Sesshoumaru said in acknowledgment, and nodded his greetings, while the other Lord smiled and nodded back at the taller Lord. "I thank you for coming Lord Sesshoumaru. My men have the base of the mountain surrounded, but the miasma has made it impossible to even try to pass through. There is no way over, through or even under as we have tried, and failed." Akito said somberly.
 
"Sesshoumaru... Have you any idea on how to pass through?" the Lord asked, a glint of hope shimmering in his crimson eyes. "None so far." Sesshoumaru admitted apathetically, and the other Lord's eyes lost their glimmer of hope. "I have an idea." Kurama cut in as he gracefully slide off of Ah-Uh's back.
 
"Sesshoumaru, who is this?" Akito questioned the dog demon, as he regarded the crimson haired human. "My new second." Sesshoumaru answered as Kurama walked to his side and regarded the demon cat Lord with an unreadable expression on his handsome face.
 
"Tell me your idea boy." Akito ordered, feeling inwardly shocked that Sesshoumaru had a human as his second, since the Lord had a reputation for despising humans since the birth of his half-breed half-brother, Inu Yasha. "Not until I am certain it will work." Kurama stated as he looked off at the mountains in silence.
"Well.... Then what are we waiting for? Let's get over there." Akito said in an impatient voice, wanting his lands to be purged of this evil miasma and the vile half-demon Naraku.
 
The Western Lord and his Second nodded slightly, before all them turned and quickly proceeded towards the mountains in silence. Half an hour went by before they arrived at the foot of the mountain where they met up with Lord Akito's army, who had encircled the mountains base. "Milords!" The General, who was also the Southern Lord's Second, bowed as he approached them.
 
"We are still unable to devise a method to pass through this Miasma." He regretfully informed the Lords, while Kurama walked right up until he was standing mere inches from the thick purple miasma. He studied the miasma closely, as all eyes turned to him. 'I could use one of my plants to disperse this miasma, though it would reveal I am not the human I was pretending to be. I owe Sesshoumaru, no I shall no longer resort to secrecy.' He silently concluded.
 
The vermillion haired beauty reached into his hair and retrieved one of his many concealed seeds, though his movement merely looked as though he was tucking his hair behind his ears. He drew his hand back, holding the seed within his fist, and suddenly beams of light flared out of his closed hand, causing many of the soldiers to step back in shock, and for some in fear.
 
Kurama lightly tossed the glowing seed into the miasma, where it landed unharmed on the lifeless ground, and suddenly sprung to life. A plant rapidly grew to its largest size, and began to suck in the toxins, clearing a path for them to travel up the mountains.
 
The Lords and the soldiers were shocked, and Jaken was doing an impressive impression of a gaping fish out of water. Kurama entered into the arched pathway that seemed to be cut into the miasma. He silently walked up the path, emerald eyes looking for any signs of possible dangers. He had barely gone several paces before Sesshoumaru, Akito and Jaken entered the trail behind him, while a great portion of the soldiers feel into line behind them. The rest of the soldiers hung back to resume guard duty, and halt Naraku or his spawn should they attempt to flee for their pathetic lives.
 
The group marched on in silence, many held their weapons at the ready as the climbed the winding pathway up the steep mountain, drawing closer and closer to the dark castle housing their opponents, and his mostly faithful minions, whom he usually sends to do his dirty work.
 
Emerald eyes moved to each plant as he passed them. He may have thrown one seed in, but it quickly multiplied, and now there was one every ten feet along making their path by sucking in the toxins and putting out fresh air in return. Sesshoumaru noted the strange plants, and was curious as to what they were as they were the sole living thing within the thick miasma coated territory.
 
'What did Kurama do? Did he summon these plants that this Sesshoumaru has never before lain eyes upon?' Sesshoumaru thought to himself as the made it to the top of the pathway, and stood facing the gate which lead into the dark and dreary looking castle. Kurama kept the lead, showing no fear as he felt none, and he opened the gate before being the first to enter inside.
 
They all followed suit, the soldiers had spread out and were looking for any sign of Naraku in the eerie and lifeless courtyard. The hairs on the back of the red head's neck prickled and he looked off in the direction his instincts told him to. "We are being watched." Kurama informed the Lords, who were standing on either side of him.
 
'I wish Hiei were here, he'd be easily ale to locate this Naraku using his jagan.... I wonder where he could be...' Kurama thought to himself, missing his younger demon friend, who had lead such a depressing and disturbing life before he had met up with the Spirit Detectives.
 
*
 
Deep inside the castle, sat the notorious Naraku, who was gazing intently into Kanna's mirror observing the intruders silently. His attentions were mainly focused on the beautiful woman who had flaming crimson hair, he had watched as she had somehow cleared a path through his miasma, and who now stood facing in the direction he himself was seated.
 
"Kagura, take one thousand demons and greet our guests, though do not harm the red head, simply bring her to me as soon as an opportunity arises." Naraku said to the taller, fan wielding incarnate, who was in fact younger than Kanna, though she does not look it.
 
The wind witch narrowed her pinkish-red eyes and stood, off to do her deeply loathed master's bidding. She silently wove her way through the castle halls, and moments later she stepped into everyone's line of view. "Wench! Where is the scum Naraku hiding?!?" demanded one the soldiers nearest her, but as he spoke a thousand demons appeared overhead, causing many to tense in a battle ready position.
 
"Naraku only wishes to see one of you, the red-headed maiden." She said as she pointed at Kurama who inwardly sighed. 'Why is it everyone thinks I am a woman? Once I return to my home, I will change my wardrobe completely, and have a new attire that will scream I'm male.' The kitsune avatar declared silently, as the two Lords on either side of him exchanged looks.
 
*
 
The sun rose over the horizon and landed on a certain fire apparition and fox, where were sitting/sleeping on Inu Yasha's branch in the God Tree. Hiei opened his eyes and glared icily at the sun before looking at the small fox-child, who was snuggled on his lap. He silently regarded the village, and watched as the horrid smelling humans arose to start another day of hard work in the fields and at their homes.
 
A stirring on his lap informed him that Shippo was awakening, and he looked down just as the small fox opened sleeping eyes and stretched while yawning. "Morning Hiei." Shippo said as he sat up and looked at Hiei. "Hnn." Was the fire apparition's response to as he picked the kit up and leapt down from the tree, before silently making his way towards Kaede's.
 
Shippo climbed out of Hiei's arms and onto his shoulder as they entered the hut. Kagome and Kaede were making porridge, the slayer was sharpening her blade and the half demon was sitting moodily against one of the walls inside the hut.
 
All eyes focused on the two to enter the hut. "Uh... Hiei... Would you care to join on our travels?" Kagome questioned as Kaede began to scoop the porridge into bowls and then hand them out. "Hnn." Was his response and Shippo cheered, "Yay! You're coming with us!!"
 
Kagome blinked in confusion, unsure of how Shippo had understood what Hiei meant by 'Hnn.' Inu Yasha scowled and everyone, with the exception of Hiei, ate their porridge in silence. After breakfast the task of preparing for their trip commenced and only Inu Yasha and Hiei did not assist in any manner.
 
"Let's get this show on the road people." Inu Yasha said as he stood and moved towards the door, then outside. The rest of the gang followed after having bid-fair well to Kaede. They walked into Inu Yasha's forest and silently trekked through the trees, bushes and other wild plant and animal life. "There is a rumor of a jewel shard to the South." Sango informed them as they headed South.
 
They walked at a quick unrelenting pace for countless hours, moving further and further South. They had passed through many forests, and fields before the sun was high in the sky when Inu Yasha called for a lunch break. Kagome quickly pulled out a large pot from her yellow pack and filled it full of water that she got from a near by stream, before setting it on a fire that Inu Yasha had built.
 
They all sat in a comfortable silence as the water slowly boiled, once it had reached its boiling point, Kagome withdrew five cups of instant noodles and put the water in them, before setting the timer for three minutes. Inu Yasha sat impatiently, eagerly awaiting his noodles, and once the timer rang, he dug in, devouring his chicken flavored ramen, in what looked like two gulps.
 
'Instant noodles? ..... Maybe I didn't time travel after all, but am instead in an alternate universe.' Hiei thought to himself, as he ate the noodles, despite the fact that others could see him eating. 'Would Kurama have come out in this alternate universe as well, or was he sent elsewhere?' he questioned himself soundlessly.
 
They all ate in silence, then proceeded to clean up likewise, before the all continued South. It was nearing mid-afternoon when they exited the forest the were walking through, and came face to face with a mountain base, that was covered in thick purple miasma. There was only one route leading to the top and it was lined with a strange Makai plant. 'Was this Kurama's doing?' Hiei questioned himself.
 
"I sense jewel shards!! Lots of them!!" Kagome exclaimed while looking at the miasma coated mountain. "It's Naraku's miasma! His castle must be at the peak!" Inu Yasha declared. A scent drifted to Hiei's noise and his crimson eyes widened. "Kurama!" he said, and in a blur, raced onto the path cut into the miasma, and the rest of the group ran after him, but none came close to even catching up with him. Hiei made it to the courtyard, and everyone there looked at him, but he only payed mind to the owner of the emerald ones. "Kurama!" the fire apparition said, while the red head responded by saying, "Hiei!"
 
Using all the speed he could muster, Hiei moved to Kurama's side, and gave the fox a once over, making sure he is unscathed. Kagura watched in confusion at the reunion, as the shikon tentai arrived in the courtyard, all wide-eyed.
 
"Sesshoumaru!!" Inu Yasha said loudly, shocked and angry at seeing his elder brother, the Southern Lord, and a fraction of the Southern Army, along with the strange human Hiei seemed to know, all standing on Naraku's front door. "How fitting! I'll kill you all with one attack!" Kagura purred out as she swung her fan which created a strong wind blowing all but Kurama, Hiei, Sesshoumaru, Akito, and Inu Yasha down.
 
The lesser demons above, took that as their cue to attack, and quickly engaged the enemies in battle. Sesshoumaru easily destroyed all the lesser demons near him using only his speed and claws. Akito who wasn't quite as strong as Sesshoumaru struggled to fend off the opponents using his beautifully crafted sword.
 
Inu Yasha and Kagome continuously unleashed the wind scar mixed with the purification powers of the sacred arrow, while Sango and Kirara were annihilating opponents in a tag team effort. Kurama and Hiei blinked, and exchanged a look, both wondering why they weren't being attacked, as everyone else was.
 
Naraku silently observed the battle, curious os the new figure at the fair red headed maiden's side. "Kagura, retrieve the girl at once." Naraku ordered quietly, though Kagura heard it loud and clear inside her mind. 'I must separate that boy from her.' Kagura thought to herself and brought about another wave of demons, and they all dove straight for Hiei.
 
Kurama recognized the look in Hiei's eyes and took several steps back, as the fire apparition tore the bandages off and his right arm was surrounded with black and dark purple lightning bolts. "DRAGON OF THE DARKNESS FLAME!!" Hiei shouted as the dragon soared out of his arm, which caused everyone to stare at the dragon in shock.
 
Everyone froze as they watched the dragon destroy all one thousand demons headed straight for the small spiky haired demon. After they were destroyed the dragon turned and quickly returned to Hiei's arm, and the fire apparition quickly rebound his arm in the bandages. Shippo stared in awe at the small demon and he muttered, "He has a curse in his arm just like Miroku did..."
 
Kagura moved forward while everyone was distracted, and placed a dagger to Kurama's throat, and she slowly lead the red head up the steps. Kurama pulled him inside that castle, but he didn't struggle, he was curious as to what this Naraku wanted with him.
 
The wind witch lead him through the halls, the blade still pressed firmly against his throat, as she opened a door and pushed him through before closing the door behind him, and headed back towards the battle, to keep the 'guests' preoccupied. "Sit." A deep and eerie voice said, and he turned and spotted a man with long, wavy black hair, and crimson eyes that had a line of purple above them on the man's eyelids.
 
Kurama didn't obey the command, and remained standing where he was. "Tell me why you are with the Lords and dressed in the inform belonging to the Western Armies, my dear." Naraku asked as he too stood; he was taller that Kurama, as was almost everyone Kurama had met in this time, even though very few were taller than him in his own era.
 
"Firstly I am not a female, and secondly, my choice of outfit doesn't concern you." Kurama said in his silky masculine voice which caused the vile-half-demon to step back in shock. "Intriguing." Naraku summed up as he walked right in front of Kurama and circled him closely. "I suppose your gender doesn't matter human, as you now belong to me." He said cruelly as he came to a stop in front of Kurama.
 
"You are mistaken yet again Naraku." Kurama chuckled and moved his hand forward with such speed it was a mere blur in the dark room. Crimson eyes widened as he noticed what the human was doing, and he brought both his hands up in order to prevent being strangled.
 
Before Naraku could get his hands to Kurama's wrist, the red-head released him, though in his hand he clenched a pure black gem, which had fragments missing, but it was nearly completed. The kitsune avatar turned on heel, heading to rejoin the Lords and Hiei, he needed to inform them he had just taken Naraku's power source, or so his instincts told him so as he had grabbed it. "NO!!!" Naraku shrieked as he tore after Kurama.
 
Back outside all the demons that were summoned by Kagura were destroyed, and Kagura was the last of the enemies standing in plain sight. "Time to die wind witch!" Lord Akito said as he pointed his bloodied blade at her. "Fool! You can't kill me! You ma... may... Ugh!" She screamed in pain before she fell to dust; since Naraku no longer held any shards in his possession he could no longer keep any of his incarnates alive.
 
"I sense a bunch of jewel shards headed this way!" Kagome declared loudly and all who knew that Naraku held a greater per portion of the sacred jewel tensed, preparing for anything.
 
Kurama burst out of the castle and all eyes moved to him. "He has all the shards!" Kagome said as Naraku followed and unleashed his tentacles which latched onto the fox's ankle, causing him to trip. As he was still in mid-fall he tossed the tainted jewel to Hiei, who then quickly raced it over to Kagome, who purified it on contact.
 
Naraku growled in rage as he lifted the fox by the ankle so that crimson eyes could glare death into emerald ones. "Bastard! Let Kurama go!" Hiei ordered, his acid glare promising death to the vile hanyou who had his hold on Kurama.
 
Sesshoumaru narrowed his molten gold eyes, not wanting to loose his newly acquired second to the filthy half-demon who plagued them all. Meanwhile, Kagome joined the pieces of jewel shards she had with that of Naraku's with deep concentration and prayer, which left a jewel only short a small fraction of pieces. She knew where to find at least three; Koga had one in each of his legs, while Kohaku had one in his back which allowed him to cling to life.
 
The vermillion haired fox sighed, no one wanted to attack, as they may hit him instead, which meant it was up to him to destroy this disgusting Naraku once and for all. Kurama reached into his haired and retrieved another seed from behind his ear and tossed it at Naraku, and it struck him on the forehead where it stuck.
 
Everyone save Hiei blinked, 'A seed?' the question ran through many of their minds. 'He has several weapons on him, yet he chose to toss a tiny little seed? Strange, what is his plan?' Sesshoumaru thought before thought seed suddenly glowed and sprouted. "Yoko Death Plant!!" Kurama said as the seed grew at a rapid pace, turning into Yoko's trade mark/ favorite plant/ attack.
 
They all watched on in shock, save Hiei who knew the attack well. The plant tore Naraku to bloody shreds, allowing Kurama to fall free, before it completely devoured the half-demon, forever destroying him. 'We were too late.' Sango thought to herself while thinking of the deceased perverted monk, Miroku.
Kurama, who landed smoothly after being released, dusted the dirt from his uniform, as both the castle and the miasma disintegrated. Lord Sesshoumaru silently approached he who conquered over Naraku and regarded him with a critical eye, which earned him a glare from the small, near-by fire apparition. "Kurama... What are you?" he voiced the questioned that was on all but Hiei's mind.
 
"A kitsune avatar." Kurama answered simply, which caused many eyes to widen in shock. "What is the name of the fox spirit dwelling inside of you?" Sesshoumaru asked, curiosity being his main motivation. "Yoko Kurama."Kurama stated and a good number of demons, including Akito, stepped back in shock and fear.
 
Kagome and Inu Yasha blinked, as neither of them recognized the name, but Sango tensed and Shippo went all starry-eyed. "Prove it!" An arrogant solider demanded, not believing that the Legendary Fox Thief who had no equal was standing in front of them, hidden like a parasite inside a human.
 
"Very well." Kurama said as he flickered and changed. Red hair styled like a fox's tail grew longer and sleeker as it changed to a shimmering silver. Deep emerald eyes became a molten gold, his human ears disappeared and silver fox ears appeared a top his head. His canines lengthen into fangs as he nails grew into deadly claws. A silver tail appeared on his backside, and his entire outfit changed to Yoko's normal white and revealing robes.
 
Several demons gasped, their eyes wide at the sight in front of them. "He is The Yoko Kurama!!" The arrogant solider said as he backed several paces back. "Shit! How did you die?" Another asked. Yoko regarded the soldiers with a cold and indifferent look, very much like that of Sesshoumaru.
 
"I did not die. I am still alive over on the continent, though I am like this due to the fact that in less then five hundred years from now, I have to send my spirit into the womb of a human woman to escape capture at the hands of a bounty hunter." Yoko said which confused many of his audience.
 
"How can you be here, but still be on the continent. Plus, how do you know what will happen five hundred years from now?" demanded a confused solider, while everyone else payed rapt attention. "I am the future Yoko, who, along with Hiei, has been sent back in time through a rift in the time-space continuum." He explained, his patience with them depleted, and he changed back into his crimson haired form.
 
Kagome silently walked up to Kurama, and tilted her head to the side. "Wow! Are you Shuuichi Minamino?" she asked and the red-head looked down at her in surprise. "That is my human name, but how did you know?" He regarded her with his deep emerald eyes, awaiting a response.
 
"I've heard a lot about you from my friends in my era. They kept going on and on about how you were way hotter than even Hojo. I think they mentioned something about joining your fan club." Kagome stated happily. "You time travel?" Kurama asked, not wanting to hear more on his dreaded fan girls, while wondering if Koenma knew of this.
 
While Kagome nodded, Hiei and Kurama exchanged a look. "Oh!! Thank you for getting Naraku's half of the jewel, and for killing him, we've been trying for nearly two years." the time traveling teen said as she tucked the jewel beneath the blouse of her green and white highschool uniform.
 
"He was a simple foe... He underestimated too much, and tried to resort to trickery, making him not much of a challenge." Kurama said as he walked to Hiei's side. "You are well?" he asked the fire apparition who nodded slightly. 'You?' Hiei questioned back silently through the power of his jagan.
 
The vermillion haired fox nodded slightly, before looking to the Lord of the West, who in return was watching him with an unreadable expression. "Will you return to your time?" The great Sesshoumaru asked. "I will, but only to gather a few things, then I shall return to serve you milord." Kurama responded with a light, yet polite bow.
 
In this era he'd be free. Free of school, Koenma and his pitiful missions, and wrathful fan girls who stalked him. He was certain Hiei would join him here, though he did doubt the fire apparition would serve under Sesshoumaru. He would more then likely run free through the lands.
 
"I shall travel with you, that way I'll be assured of the return of my second." Sesshoumaru said, which caused Inu Yasha to become livid. "Like hell you will!! You'd kill all the damned defenseless humans, then proclaim yourself the ruler of her era!!" The Inu-hanyou said hotly, not liking the thought of his half-brother roaming freely in Kagome's era. Though in all honesty, he wouldn't mind if Sesshoumaru were to 'accidentally' kill off that Hobo guy.
 
"Sit!" Kagome said. "He can go, I doubt he'd hurt anyone unless he had a good reason to." Inu Yasha slowly pulled himself out of his crater and scowled. "Fine, but don't expect me to save who ever it is he's trying to butcher." He crossed his arms and started to trek down the mountain, obviously angry.
 
"Let's get going!" Kagome declared happily as she turned, then followed the half-demon, while holding Shippo in her arms. Sango silently walked beside the time traveling girl, Kirara perched on her shoulder. "Thank you for your assistance Lord Sesshoumaru, and Second Kurama." Akito said and bowed in thanks as the two mentioned nodded and turned.
 
Kurama, Hiei, and Sesshoumaru silently followed the Inu-Gumi down the mountain and proceeded into the forest bellow. They walked in silence, each to his or her own thoughts and they continued until the sun had long since set, and the moon had risen high in the sky, as the humans needed rest and food.
 
Supper consisted of a roasted deer, courtesy of Hiei, and the meal past by uneventfully. They all had decided it would be best to stay there for the evening, and rest up. In the morning, they'd continue their trek back towards Kaede's village, which was further West.
 
As the Inu-gumi settled in, Kurama went off in search of a bathing area, Hiei and Sesshoumaru accompanied him. After walking for fifteen minutes, they had arrived at a small but cozy looking hot spring surrounded by beautiful wild roses. Kurama undressed then entered into the steaming waters, then rested against the side, relaxing, and let the waters message his flawless body.
 
Hiei settled undressed as well, and climbed into the waters, and sat comfortingly across from the fox. He eyed the fox, before looking away, as Sesshoumaru undressed and climbed in as well, resting not too far from Kurama.
 
Their bath past by uneventfully, and soon they had returned to the camp. They ignored the glare directed at Sesshoumaru, courtesy of a sulking half dog demon. Kagome, Sango, and Kirara were asleep, but the young fox child was still wide awake. Shippo silently crept over to Kurama as the red-head sat down. He then proceeded to hop onto the older fox's lap.
 
"You're the first fox demon I've seen in ages." Shippo said in awe as he gazed all starry-eyed at Kurama who mentally cringed. "I can't believe you are the famed Yoko Kurama! My mother and father have told me of you! They told me how incredible you are." Shippo continued to rant on, but his words were placed upon deaf ears, as Kurama had turned his attention inwards to hear what Yoko had to say. 'Seems we have a new fan.' Though the comment was useless, as he didn't need another fan.
 
Before Kurama could respond to either Shippo or Yoko, the young fox had fallen asleep, and the red-head merely shrugged before laying down on the ground, joining the young kitsune in the realm of dreams.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
That's the end of that chapter, and I again apologize for the long wait in between updates. Please read and review!