InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Passage of Time ❯ Graduation ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho or any or its character. Any other characters not from any of the two shows are more then likely people I thought up so no stealing.
 
 
A/N: Here is the next chapter, I hope it is long enough to keep you guys happy, please review, the more reviews show me people want to read more.
 
 
Chapter 5
 
 
Kurama and Sesshoumaru silently made their way back to Kurama's, having just finished transporting all their newly purchased goods to Sesshoumaru's castle without anyone knowing. The sky above was a pinkish orange, and the clouds where a golden purple, soon the sun would set, meaning that dinner would soon be ready and they needed to hurry up.
 
They turned down a side walk, which passed through a seemingly empty residential area, and they suspected all families were indoors eating their evening meals, so they simply enjoyed the peace offered by the surrounding silence. Of course all good things eventually come to an end, and the sound of a noisy car was just that end.
 
An old Black Mercedes, which looked as though it had been modified for illegal street racing drove down the silent street they were on, and pulled to a rolling stop beside them. "Hey beautifulls, heading our way?" The passenger in the car stated huskily as he leaned out the opened window. The passenger would be considered handsome for a human, but was way out of Kurama's and Sesshoumaru's league.
 
The driver was what one would call drop dead ugly, his mother most likely beat him with the ugly stick as a child, either that or his father threw him out of the ugly tree and he hit every branch. The hideous one wiggled his eyebrows suggestively as he looked over at the two hot, but flat chested 'females', in tight ass leather.
 
Both demons just ignored them and kept walking as though nothing even happened, but the two males were persistent. "Awe.... Come on! You know you want some serious action." The passenger said as he patted himself through his pants, the bulge quite obvious, as he licked his lips in a suggestive manner. "We will take good care of you, we promise." He added as he eyed them lustily.
 
"Filth." Sesshoumaru said apathetically, while Kurama inwardly smiled at the Demon Lord's reaction to their hints at wanting to get laid.
 
"What did you say wench?!?" The driver demanded hotly proving he had no brains along with no looks. The questioned inwardly infuriated the mighty Sesshoumaru and in a blur he pulled the passenger from his seat by the neck and held him at arms length.
 
"Learn your place human." He said in an icy voice that could make full grown demons cower in fear. The Lord then tossed the disrespectful human back into he car with the stunned driver, keeping his vow of not harming or killing humans while he was here.
 
Both horny men were scared shitless and the driver put the pedal to the medal and tore off down the street, tires screeching their protest as they rounded the nearest corner in a hurry.
 
The rest of the silent trip back to Kurama's majestic home went uneventfully, and when they opened the door to the house, they were greeted with the delicious aroma of exquisitely prepared food. The silently removed their boots at the door and moved into the kitchen to see Shiori putting the finishing touches up on the feast she had prepared.
 
"Mother, we are back." Kurama said and his mother spun around smiling brightly. "Excellent! Dinner is ready." She said smiling. "Akito dear, you may go sit in the dinning room with my husband and Shuichi. Shuuichi, would you kindly help me bring the food into the dinning room?" She asked as Sesshoumaru went to the dinning room.
Once all the food had been placed on the vast table, Kurama took his seat beside Akito and waited for grace to be said. Then they started eating, having already broken the chopsticks apart, and the taste of the food was as delicious as the scent, which was saying something.
 
Dinner passed by without much happening, just a minor amount of polite chit chat ranging from a large line of topics, some of which Sesshoumaru did not participate in due to his lack of knowledge in the fields, such as cars, and airplanes.
 
As dinner was completed, Shiori brought out a delicious desert, which tasted like dear sweet heaven, even Sesshoumaru and Kurama had a second helping of it.
 
Once all of them were filled, and slightly sleepy from the warmth of the meal, they moved into the lounge, and sat down for some tea, where they could discuss various things.
 
"So when is it you plan to be wed, and what arrangements have you set up?" Kurama's step father inquired as he relaxed into the Lazy-boy chair he was seated in, his feet resting lightly on the retractable foot rest piece.
 
"Well..." Kurama began, working quickly on another smooth lie, but Sesshoumaru cut in.
 
"We will be wed upon my lands, a small ceremony, with only the priest and one witness." Sesshoumaru answered the question with such a smooth lie that Kurama couldn't help but wonder if he was a bad influence on the honorable demon Lord.
 
"Will either of you two be wearing the dress?" Shuichi asked teasingly and Kurama simply shook his head.
 
"If anything we will wear traditional ceremonial kimono's, but no dress." He informed his younger step brother.
 
"But you do promise to write, right?" Shiori asked nervously, not wanting to loose her son then never hear from him again.
 
"Of course I will if I have the chance." Kurama said, but he was secretly unsure of when he'd have a chance to do so, or if he could even get it done, but he'd try and that would be what counted.
 
Shiori and her husband nodded while Shuichi regarded his step brother and the stranger known as Akito, before another question escaped his mouth. "Will you take his last name, or will he take yours, and what is his last name?"
 
"Hiwatari, and I suppose he'll take mine." Sesshoumaru said as he looked over to Kurama who nodded his head in approval.
 
"Shuuichi Hiwatari.... It has a ring to it." Shiori said with a motherly smile as she regarded her son and his fiance. "So who proposed? Also, who got the ring?" She asked as any female would when finding out about a proposal.
 
"Akito did." Kurama said as he brought his hand up to his hair, making it look as though he was brushing his bangs out of his hair before reaching into his pocket, seed transforming into the most beautiful of rings, which looked like pure white gold intertwined vine like with gold, and emeralds and diamonds were placed strategically on it.
 
He withdrew his hand and held the ring in his pocket and his mother climbed out of her chair, approaching her son and looked at the ring eyeing it in awe. "It is gorgeous." She whispered in shock, certain that it would have costed several billion yen. "It must have been expensive." She added under her breath as her husband came over and looked over his wife's shoulder at it. Even Shuichi got up to peer at it, and even he was shocked by it.
 
"It was, I saw him purchase it." Kurama said with a smile. "He let me pick it out and as soon as he purchased it he proposed in front of everyone in the store. It was indeed several billion yen, about 2.5 billion to be precise." He said with a smile as he took Sesshoumaru's free hand in his own and wove their fingers together just to make the whole lie so much easier to believe.
"Will you adopt children?" Shiori asked curious if she'd have any grandchildren, since it was impossible for them to have babies together.
 
"We may consider it, it just depends in circumstances I suppose, but we will decide when the time to arises." Kurama said, while purposely ignoring the echoing laughter in his head courtesy of a certain silver kitsune who was having a heck of a time at the expanse of Kurama and Sesshoumaru.
 
"Well, if you do decide to adopt, and not visit, you have to at least send a horde of pictures of my grandchild or grandchildren." She said with a brilliant smile at the thought of having grandchildren and finally being a grandmother.
 
"Why can we not visit?" Shiori's husband questioned curious as to why they couldn't go to them if they couldn't come here.
 
"Well, the cluster of small islands that are my lands is very secluded and extremely difficult and time consuming to get to." Sesshoumaru explained smoothly, their tag teaming lies working perfectly well. They were as bad as two mischievous kitsune on sugar highs.
 
Kurama inwardly smiled, with Sesshoumaru's help everything was so much more simple, and he was glad and curious as to why the fierce demon Lord would even consider helping a kitsune avatar lie to his family.
 
"You own island?" Shuichi asked, eyes wide and jaw impersonating a fish, while Shiori's husband merely looked stunned and Shiori smiled and shook her head.
 
"You are loaded aren't you?" Shuichi asked as he finally snapped out of his fish like stupor, and regarded Sesshoumaru with an appraising look. "What kind of car do you drive?" He asked curiously.
 
"Many different kinds, depending on what I feel like driving." Sesshoumaru said inwardly hoping he had used the terms correctly, which he thankfully had making Kurama smile lightly.
 
"Goodness me! How time flies, it is all ready eleven. We had all best head off to bed as we all have matters to attend to tomorrow. Goodnight everyone." Shiori said as she stood and made her way upstairs to her room, her husband in two after saying his goodnights. Shuichi said goodnight too and Sesshoumaru and Kurama were the last to leave.
 
"I suppose we ought head to bed as well, we have plenty of places to go tomorrow." He said as they both made their way upstairs and into Kurama's room, before closing the door and locking it. He moved over to the window and opened it to allow a fresh cool breeze to enter his room. He looked around outside momentarily before drawing the curtain closed and making his way over to his closet.
 
Kurama silently dug through his closet for two pairs of pajamas that they could wear, and he found just what he was looking for at the back of his closet. He pulled out a pair of black cotton pajama pants and a pair of dark blue cotton pajama pants. "Would you prefer a shower before bed?" He questioned as he closed the doors to the closet and looked back at Sesshoumaru.
 
"Shower?" The Lord questioned, unfamiliar with the term, as he tilted his head to the side awaiting an explanation of the word.
 
"It is like a bath, but you stand up and water gently falls down over you. Almost like a gentle waterfall." Kurama explained so someone not from this era would understand and Sesshoumaru nodded meaning yes.
 
"Come, I'll show you how to work the shower then." Kurama said as he lead Sesshoumaru through the door which joined his room to his personal bathroom. Kurama explained the workings of the shower, and everything before pulling out a towel and setting it on the rack for him. He then placed a pair of fresh boxers and the pajama bottoms on the sink counter before exiting the bathroom, and going back into his bedroom.
 
The sound of the shower turning on met Kurama's ears as she sat down at his desk and turned his computer on. It took a few seconds for it to bout up and he logged onto his side before opening his AIM, which instantly signed him in.
 
SilverRoss1000 has just signed in.
 
Kurama searched through the chats looking for someone he knew when a message popped up.
 
LittleSchoolGirl- KURAMA!! YOU ARE ALIVE!! WHAT ABOUT YUSUKE? KUWABARA AND HIEI?
 
SilverRoss1000- Calm down Keiko, Hiei and I are fine, though I am unsure of Yusuke and Kuwabara. Did they not come back from the last mission in the Makai?
 
LittleSchoolGirl- No! Botan came and said all four of you suddenly vanished on your mission, and you guys were all classified as dead!
 
SilverRoss1000-I am sure they are fine, they may not be back for some time, don't worry Keiko, remember Yusuke can't stay dead.
 
LittleSchoolGirl- You have a point..... Thanks Kurama, but I got to go, it's late and I have school tomorrow, night!
 
SilverRose1000- Goodnight Keiko.
 
LittleSchoolGirl has left the conversation.
 
SilverRose1000 has left the conversation.
 
The sound of the water turning off greeted his ears and he signed off before shutting down the computer. 'So Yusuke and Kuwabara are still missing? I am certain that the future version of Sesshoumaru wouldn't harm them.' He summed up as Sesshoumaru walked out of the bathroom wearing the pajama bottoms and was drying his hair.
 
Kurama quickly plucked his things up and went into the bathroom and closed the door, it was time for his shower. The red head turned the water back on and climbed in before he relaxed against the shower wall. The steaming waters washed down over him, relaxing each muscle as he and Youko talked silently about what the Future Sesshoumaru could want with an army, and why they captured Yusuke and Kuwabara.
 
After a few moments he quickly but throughly washed and conditioned his hair before rinsing, then washing his body. Once done he turned the water off and stepped out of the shower and into the steamy bathroom. He grabbed his towel and dried his body before putting on his boxers then pajama bottoms, then he stepped out of the bathroom and into his own room drying his hair, much as Sesshoumaru had.
 
Sesshoumaru was seated on his bed watching him as he walked out. "If you want, you may sleep on the bed, and I'll go sleep on the couch." Kurama suggested as he tossed his towel into the laundry hamper near to his closet.
 
"That would look suspicious." Sesshoumaru said as he ran his claws through his long silky silver hair, molten gold eyes looking directly into deep emerald ones.
 
"True, but the only alternative is for us to share my bed." Kurama said wondering what Sesshoumaru's reaction the that would be.
 
"It is fine by me." The Lord of the West said as he climbed under the blankets and held them open for Kurama to join him, and he did.
 
"Good night Sesshoumaru." Kurama said as he snuggled into his pillow, eyes drifting shut, and Sesshoumaru nodded his head before resting his head on his pillow. Soon both demons were off in the land of blissful sleep, dreaming like they never dreamt before.
 
 
*
 
 
The sun's light drifted in the slight gap between the curtains, and was sneaking further and further along the bed, moving in an attempt to get close enough to awaken the occupants who were sleeping soundly. The songs of birds quietly rang threw the air, as they flew innocently through the trees, making as much noise as they could at the morning hours.
 
The red headed kitsune avatar rolled over away from the sun's wrath and snuggled more closely into his warm, solid and breathing pillow, then it struck him. 'My pillow breaths?' 'Well what do you expect when you use a certain Demon Lord as your pillow? For him to stop breathing?' Youko teased and Kurama pointedly ignored him as he opened his deep emerald eyes.
 
He blinked several times to clear his vision, and he focused his eyes on his pillow, which was a very well sculpted chest, which looked as pale and beautiful as moon light. He stared at it in awe, purposely ignoring the more perverted comments being put out by a certain kitsune whose mind seemed to live in the gutter or in the vault.
 
His eyes wandered from his chest to perfect stomach taking in Sesshoumaru's rich glory, before his eyes trailed upwards to his face. He looked relaxed and calm, almost peaceful by definition, and it seemed so different then his usual apathetic facade.
 
Kurama liked when he looked so peaceful, so he lay happily on the Lord's chest, watching the dog demon sleep in peace, not wanting to wake him just yet, though he was certain he would eventually wake up, and when he did, the peace would be shattered and the good old Sesshoumaru would be back.
 
He listened intently, the only sounds reaching his ears was that of the twittering birds outside, Sesshoumaru's breathing, and the Demon Lord's heart beat. No other sounds were near. Either it was still rather early and his family was still fast asleep, or it was later on in the morning and his family had already left for school and work.
 
A quick glance at his clock told him all he needed to know. It was well past ten, and everyone was gone and only would return in the evening close to dinner time. He smiled, after all it has been a while since he has slept in and he was glad he did, as it made him feel more rested.
 
Kurama slowly, almost reluctantly sat up and stretched silently before slipping out of bed and into the bathroom to tend to his business.
 
The Demon Lord frowned at the loss of heat, and slowly opened molten gold eyes. He blinked several times, looking around, before remembering where he was and how he got there. Sesshoumaru slowly sat up and gazed around from the red headed fox, but didn't spot him, though he did hear a whooshing water sound coming from the wash room.
 
Sesshoumaru moved and sat on the edge of the bed and the sound of running water met his sensitive canine ears. A few seconds later the water sound stopped and not too long after that Kurama emerged from the bathroom and noticed Sesshoumaru was awake. "Good morning. Sleep well?" Kurama asked politely as he stretched.
 
"Yes." He answered simply as he stood and looked at the kitsune avatar.
 
"Hungry?" Kurama asked as he made his way to his bedroom door.
 
"Very." Sesshoumaru answered eyeing Kurama as he tested his scent, noting the fox was covered in his scent, which made him feel strange. Acting on instinct Sesshoumaru moved forward in a blur and spun the red head around and slammed him against the door, closing the door which Kurama had only opened slightly.
 
The fox's eyes widen in momentary shock as he regarded Sesshoumaru worriedly, wondering what was bothering him, and he also felt uneasy at such a close distance, even though they had just slept in the same bed. "Sesshoumaru?" He asked lightly.
 
The dog demon moved forward inhaling the fox's scent again as his eyes closed. The scent registered, and he saved it to memory, there was just something about it that enticed him, especially when his own scent was lingering on the human/demon.
 
After a few moments Sesshoumaru leaned back and reopened his eyes before stepping a few paces away from the fox so he could calm down. Kurama let out the breath he hadn't realized he had been holding and returned to his primary task of opening the door.
 
Once it was open, he walked out, Sesshoumaru following suit, and they made their way downstairs into the kitchen. On the table top was a note and Kurama went and picked it up before reading it.
 
'Dear Shuuichi and Akito,
 
We are at work, and your step brother is at school. I left my car here for you two to use if you wanted. Also, you'll need to drop your uniform back at school and then you can tell them you are leaving it. Take care and have fun you two,
 
Love Mom.
xoxoxoxoxox'
 
"After breakfast we have to stop at my school, then we will go on to sight seeing okay?" Kurama said to Sesshoumaru who nodded.
 
The red head then moved over towards the cupboards and opened them and pulled out a couple of boxes. "Shredded Wheat, Lucky Charms, or Corn Puffs?" Kurama asked as he turned back to looked at the demon Lord.
 
Sesshoumaru looked at Kurama with a look that seemed to ask if Kurama had finally went over the deep edge, and he wouldn't be back anytime soon. "It's the names for cereal." Kurama said inwardly smiling at Sesshoumaru's questioning look.
 
"The first sounds fine." Sesshoumaru said as he sat down at the kitchen table. Kurama pulled out two bowls, two spoons and set them on the table, before grabbing the milk out of the fridge. He poured the Shreddies into the bowls and added milk before he sat down and began eating.
 
Sesshoumaru followed likewise, and decided that the meal was decent, and didn't really taste like wheat as he first thought it would, but he did like it.
 
After breakfast, the two of them showered and got dressed in jeans and muscle shirts, nothing as elaborate as yesterday as all their goods were waiting for them in the Feudal era. Soon they were outside and in the car, Kurama's uniform in the back seat.
 
The drive to Kurama's upperclass school was quiet and uneventful, but they found the silence to be comforting after the event that had occurred earlier that morning. Soon they were at the school, and class was obviously still in session. They park in the parking lot and exited the car, taking the uniform with them.
 
Sesshoumaru and Kurama silently walked up the path up to the front steps, and entered into the school. They made their way through the halls, the sound of teachers' lectures echoed through the hall. Kurama lead the way through the massive school to the administrators office.
 
Once there, they entered inside, Sesshoumaru looking around curiously. "May I help you?" The secretary asked while staring at her screen and typing some things in.
"Yes, I would like to return my uniform and withdraw my information as I am quitting school." Kurama said and the secretary turned and looked at him in shook.
 
"Mr. Minamino!" She said in shock as she saw him, and she never thought she'd ever hear such words coming from the school's most prized student. "What did you say?" She asked wanting to make sure she had heard correctly.
 
"You did indeed hear correctly the first time." He said. "I am quitting." He said just to prove he wasn't joking.
 
"Oh my! I'll go and fetch the principle." The secretary said as she leapt out of her chair, tore off around her desk and into the principals office without knocking, though she did close the door behind herself as to not be over heard.
 
Minutes later the secretary walked back out of the principal's office followed by the principal himself, who looked somber. "Mr. Minamino, you wish to quit?" He asked as the secretary took her spot back and watched everything.
 
"Yes, that is indeed correct." Kurama said nodding as he directed a look at Sesshoumaru.
 
"Shuuichi-san, why would you wish to quit? You are the brightest student to ever pass through this school, you have every college and university offering you scholarships." The principal said, wondering why their prize student decided to quit after having been missing for a few short days.
 
"I am moving elsewhere and I am getting married." Kurama said with a light smile and twinkle in his eyes, and he purposely suppressed the laughter in his head. Youko was enjoying that lie all too much so his liking.
 
"You...you're getting married?!?" The principal asked in shock, wondering who the lucky young lady is. "I'm sure your fiancé and you can wait until after you get a decent education before getting married." The man added, trying to change the red headed teen's mind.
 
"I have a decent enough education as is, plus all arrangements are already made. Plus Akito and I can't wait." Kurama said as he took Sesshoumaru's hand in his own and laced his fingers with the demon Lord's, much to the shock of the secretary and principal.
 
"He...he....he's your fiancé?" The secretary asked in surprise as she eyed the couple, and noted they looked good enough to eat, not to mention they looked perfect for each other. Fire and ice, the perfect combination.
 
"Well... I suppose I can't change your mind, so I will remove you from the schooling system." The principal said sadly as he took Kurama's pink uniform. "I'm certain your teachers and classmates will be saddened that you are departing, perhaps you ought pay them all one last visit? I know I will call an assembly to bid you fair well." The principal said smiling as he raced over to the intercom and turned it on.
 
All the intercoms in the school turned on. "Attention all staff and students, sorry for the interruption, but I am calling an assemble. Please proceed to the gym in an orderly fashion." With that he turned the system off and walked back to Kurama. "Tell you what, I'll give you your passing diploma as you are the best student we've ever had, meaning you should have been bumped through your classes and well into University by now." He said smiling as he shook Kurama's hand, then tore off into his office to quickly get the diploma for graduating complete.
 
Twenty minutes later the school gym was packed with students and teachers, all wondering why they were called here, having not been informed of an assembly prior to the announcement. The room was buzzing with the sound of excited chat from the students, all coming up with crazy ideas as to why they were summoned.
 
"Settle down." The principal's voice rang through the air, as he stood at the podium, leaning closely to the microphone. "Now I am certain you are all curious as to why you were called here. Well this is just a presentation ceremony bidding farewell to one of our best students, who has been granted special approval to graduate ahead of time.
 
"This student has shown skill and intelligence in every field at this school, he is well known for his grades, skills and looks. I would like to present this honourary diploma to Mr. Shuuichi Minamino." The principal said as Kurama stepped up to where the principal was, and he was greeting with cheering and clapping from the whole school, staff and students alike.
 
"Thank you." Kurama said as the principal stepped to the side, offering him the chance to speak to his school. "I would like to thank all staff and students for the wonderful time I've had here, and you will be missed. I suppose you all wonder why I have received this long before I was ever intended to.
 
"In a few short days I am moving away." He was cut of by sounds of outrage coming from the student body, as they all protested the fact that he was leaving. "Calm yourselves." The noise died down and he was able to continue on. "I am leaving as I am to be married." A collective gasp ran through the crowd as they all stared at him wide eyed.
 
"My fiancé and I are moving to a secluded island, where we will live the rest of our lives. Thank you." Kurama said as he stepped back and everyone clapped and cheered, happy that their idol like person was going to be happy, and the principal took the podium again.
 
"Thank you, Shuuichi-san, it was an honor to have you in our school, and I am certain everyone agrees with me that it has been a pleasure to teach you or learn with you. You will be missed." With those final words everyone broke out into applause yet again and Kurama walked out off the stage, diploma in hand, and the principal following.
 
They moved over to Sesshoumaru who was standing near a wall, his back resting on it lightly. "Let's go." Kurama said to his and he nodded in agreement. Kurama said his quick good byes to the principal before turning and leaving with Sesshoumaru following. Those who spotted Sesshoumaru were in awe over his looks, and starting to piece things together in their minds.
 
Soon both teens were back outside, away from the noise of school, and walking down the path back towards the parking lot. They silently climbed back in the car and drove off down the street, Kurama's diploma set in the back seat, as he drove to their next destination.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
That's it for that chapter, I'm sorry if it is too short you're your likings, but I am doing my best, please review, and thank you for reading.