InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Said the Joker to the Thief ❯ The Silver-Tongued Devil Comes Baring Gifts ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: I enjoyed writing this one. :) Hope you enjoy reading it! This is probably as close to a lemon as I'll ever get... I would love to hear feedback, impressions, constructive criticism, or whatever you have to say! I write for my own enjoyment; I post to strengthen my writing skills. Feedback helps! I will be getting back to Soul Magic soon; I apologize for the delay. I'm in the process of tweaking the plot a bit. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

The Silver-Tongued Devil Comes Baring Gifts

——

 

“So you’re telling me your gift isn’t your ability to manipulate plants, it’s your tongue?”

 

“You would disagree?”

 

“You’re depraved.”

 

——

 

He could have called, but he preferred to see her face-to-face. The long walk from the hotel in the early spring air under the trees that lined these old residential streets had been pleasant and gave him time to think. As Kurama passed under the red torii and started the long climb up the steps to the Higurashi shrine, Youko continued to turn over their current problem. As usual, his solution involved sex. ‘We have to let her know that we’re interested in spending time with her outside of the bedroom, and in daylight. Dinner and sex the past two months have been-‘

 

Fantastic, Kurama cut in.

 

Youko nodded in agreement, ’-highly satisfying, but we’ve made little to no progress figuring out how she hasn’t aged and what this family is hiding or convincing her to accept that she is our’s alone and we have been and still are in a relationship, despite her protests to the contrary.’  He sounded mildly irritated by the end of it.

 

Mm, since that first night when we met Kimi, she hasn’t let anything useful slip about her past. And the kit hasn’t been helpful, either, Kurama added.

 

‘Even her grandfather won’t talk about it,’ the old fox sounded a little bitter about that. 

 

It was a good try, Youko. But I think we should start focusing on other avenues of information-

 

‘I already thought of that. The family is obviously going to remain tight-lipped about it. This shrine is ancient; we could probably find some information on it at the public library,’ Youko mused. 

 

Kurama stifled his irritation at being interrupted and let it pass. Picking up again, he offered, I was actually thinking about bringing Hiei in on this-

 

‘No,’  Youko answered simply.

 

Stop interrupting me, Kurama growled. Amused, the ancient fox was about to interrupt him again for pure mischief, but his counterpart cut him off before he could. We’ve both observed the spells carved into the torii at the entrance and a few of the trees around the property. Obviously, they’re protection spells, but I think there’s something bigger here…

 

Youko became very serious at that. ‘I feel it, too. The whole property feels- charged. The air is heavy.’

 

To most others, that wouldn’t have made sense. But, as he often did, Youko had put words to something Kurama struggled to articulate. I think Hiei could tell us something more about what this weird energy is, he explained why he thought they should consult the apparition. And there’s also that weird scar on her side. It has that heavy feel to it, too, he said, using Youko’s word for it. 

 

At least the fox paused to consider it again. Or maybe he was just recalling when they had first discovered that scar, and the very pleasurable circumstances which led to it. But then, ‘No.’

 

I don’t understand why not. We always work with him. His insight has proven very helpful on a number of occasions.

 

’Too risky. Kagome is very sensitive and there’s a good chance she would detect him snooping around on the property, let alone getting close enough to her to get a look at the weird energy coming off that scar. And even if we brought him here openly, he is another Reikai agent, and we would lose what little trust we’ve been able to gain from her.’

 

We could easily get her away from the house long enough for him to investigate the shrine, at least, Kurama insisted.

 

’The kit will still be here,’ the fox replied stubbornly. 

 

You just don’t want to share her.

 

’That, too.’

 

They were a dozen steps from the top when Shippo came barreling over the crest of the hill and nearly ran into him on the narrow staircase. The young fox looked panicked. Thinking he’d almost run over a shrine patron, Shippo slowed down to apologize until he realized who it was. “Oh. It’s just you,” he said, giving the elder kitsune a sour look. If he wasn’t in his human disguise, his tails would have been puffed in irritation.

 

Youko, better at dealing with the kit than Kurama, pushed to the forefront. Ignoring what he recognized as the younger fox’s instinctual boundary testing, he asked, “Where are you off to in such a hurry, kit?” In the distance he could hear Kagome cursing. 

 

“Nowhere,” he said typically. “I’d come back later if I were you. She’s on a warpath,” he said shortly, turning to flee once again. His mother’s voice stopped him in his tracks, however. 

 

“Don’t forget you’re taking Grandpa to his doctor’s appointment at noon!” they heard her shout across the quiet courtyard above, her tone unyielding and tinged with irritation. 

 

The tawny-haired kitsune rolled his eyes, something he only dared to do now that Kagome couldn’t see him. “Yes, mother!” he shouted back to her and then continued in a hurry down the steps toward the street below.

 

Smirking, Youko continued up the stairs. He rather liked the little miko’s hot temper. 

 

Maybe we should listen to him and come back later. She doesn’t sound happy, his counterpart advised as they crested the steps and Kagome’s muffled expletives echoed across the empty courtyard. 

 

‘She is upset. This is a perfect opportunity to offer emotional support,’ Youko assured him. 

 

They found her in one of the storage sheds. It was a weekday morning and she was tending the shrine, so she was dressed in her red and white miko garb. They both liked her in it, but Youko especially became somewhat excited at the sight of it in a way that Kurama thought bordered on a fetish. Youko insisted that he did not have a fetish and it was a topic of some contention between them. In any case, seeing her in it never ended in anything less than an intense sexual encounter. So, Kurama knew immediately where this was headed, and couldn’t bring himself to be upset that Youko would be getting his way after all.

 

Kagome was moving out boxes stacked ceiling-high inside the building. Although she seemed to be looking for something, her body language told Youko to tread lightly. She was exiting the building, carrying a box bigger than her in a way that made it look like it weighed nothing. She had tied back the sleeves of her hakui, leaving her arms bare. Her long, glossy black hair she lad left unbound and upon closer inspection, he realized it was still damp. That meant she had been in a hurry getting ready this morning. 

 

When she spotted him, she leveled a glare at him. “It’s rude to show up unannounced,” she told him curtly as she set the box down and stepped back into the building for another. 

 

Youko, I really don’t think she’s in the mood for this, Kurama warned him.

 

‘Oh, I disagree,’ Youko answered, pulling their souls close together to both sooth Kurama’s fear that Kagome would react negatively to a sexual advance at the moment and to allow him to fully experience the fruits of the ancient fox’s wiles. ‘You will see, young one. This will not be for us. This will be only for Kagome. We will give her a glorious gift,’ he assured Kurama. 

 

When he spoke to Kagome, Youko did his best to keep the amusement out of his voice. “I was going to call, but you always seem to come up with some reason why I shouldn’t come over,” he admitted. 

 

“I’m busy, Kurama,” she said, hidden within the darkness of the little building. “I get off work tonight around 9 if you want to meet me for drinks or something, but-“

 

She cut her sentence short when she turned around, box in her arms, and nearly ran into Kurama standing in the doorway. “If you’re busy, let me help you,” he said, holding out his hands to take the box. She eyed him skeptically for a moment and then handed it over. 

 

“Thank you. Just help me move these boxes out,” she said, the edge in her tone softened. “I need the rest of the archery targets in the back.”

 

While he helped her move boxes, he went about trying to figure out what she was upset about. “I ran into Shippo on the way in. He seemed eager to vacate…”

 

“Yea, well, he should be,” Kagome answered curtly, picking up another box and passing it to him.

 

“Arguing about school again?” he asked curiously, trying to get her to open up. 

 

“I wish it was just school,” she said, the irritation returning to her voice.

 

“…Well?” he prodded gently.

 

Kagome stood just inside the building poised to pick up another box, but she stopped and stood straight, giving him a long, searching look. Her storm cloud eyes shone in the sunlight that streamed through the door and she looked so vulnerable briefly that Youko and Kurama could do nothing but drink in the moment and try to commit every detail of the image to memory. The miko took a deep breath and let it out slowly, and some of her strength seemed to leave her with it. When she spoke, she sounded tired. 

 

“It’s not Shippo. Well, it is somewhat, but-“ she closed her eyes and growled in frustration. Irritation seemed to have blown some wind back into her sails. “I’m just- tired, ok? Shippo had me up worried all night sneaking in and out of the house. So I didn’t sleep well, and then I woke up late… Then while I’m trying to make breakfast for Grandpa I get four calls about archery lessons, which is great, but at the same time I’ve got Grandpa reciting me a list of things that need to be done around the shrine today, i.e. things that I will be doing around the shrine today. Then, Shippo spills to me that he broke it off with Harue and he wants to enroll in a local high school now because he met some girl who goes there.” By the time she finished, she was seething again. 

 

‘Called it.’

 

Damn. That little shit. Kurama voiced in disbelief. 

 

‘He’s a kitsune and his fourth tail is just beginning to split. This is the time he should be leaving the den and establishing himself on his own. It would be like a seventeen year old human getting engaged. He’s not ready for that commitment. Harue’s father is old-fashioned, and Shippo did what he had to do to get close enough to bed her.’ 

 

Kurama was disgusted. Ugh.

 

‘We were teenagers once,’  his counterpart chastised. ‘In any case, it just occurred to me that what our lover needs is a vacation… I have an idea.’

 

Youko, she’s not going to go on a trip with us. We can’t even get her to concede that we are in a romantic relationship, and to be honest I have to agree with her. We can only come into Tokyo every other weekend, and every time we meet up with her it’s late because she’s just gotten off work, we might have dinner or drinks, then we have sex in the hotel room and she’s gone before daylight. Not really a relationship. And by the way, I’m still unclear when we came to the decision that we wanted a real relationship with her.

 

’You know she won’t open up to us unless we get her to relax her guard around us. We need more opportunity than late-night hotel rendezvous to gain her trust and uncover whatever it is that this family is guarding so jealously.’

 

I told you from the beginning I wasn’t comfortable with playing with her feelings, Youko. Kurama protested. But it was difficult to take the high road when he was honestly enjoying himself with the miko. And if he was being honest with himself, he was beginning to develop a certain affection and regard for their lover that went beyond the bedroom. As for Youko… well, when you’re sharing a body with another soul, you get to know them pretty well and Kurama knew Youko was beginning to feel at least somewhat possessive of her, if not what the old fox would label affectionate. Although Kurama certainly would. And had. It wasn’t something the kitsune was going to easily admit to, though.

 

‘We’ll discuss this later,’ the fox sniffed, tired of the same old tired discussion about their feelings and ready to move forward with his plan for Kagome. Like the best of his plans, it involved sex, and he was eager to get started.

 

What they could agree on right now was that they both genuinely wanted more time with her, and they disliked to see her so stressed. Inwardly, Youko gathered their souls closer together, intertwining them so they could both enjoy an active role in their interactions. 

 

To the miko, Youko couldn’t come up with much of anything helpful to say, nothing he hadn’t said before anyway. “At least now he wants to go to school.”

 

Kagome narrowed her eyes at him. “Not for the right reasons,” she growled. 

 

The fox threw his hands up in a gesture of surrender. “Alright, I know.” He took a few steps towards her and took up her hands in his. “But maybe if you enroll him now that he is interested, he’llfinish for the right reasons.”

 

Kagome sighed, accepting the affectionate gesture from the kitsune because it was admittedly comforting. “I’m just asking for three years. Three measly years to earn a high school diploma, and then he can do whatever he wants! And Kimi isn’t helping anything, offering him a job…  He’s just- so talented and passionate, but he jumps from one thing to another. He told me Harue was his soulmate! Even his soulmate couldn’t keep his interest for more than three months! I’m afraid he won’t be able to commit to a three year obligation,” she explained, feeling like she’d fretted and rehashed this argument a hundred times, which she probably had. Suddenly realizing what she was doing, she shook her head and pulled her hands away. “I’m sorry, Kurama, I know you didn’t come over here to hear me gripe.”

 

And there was his opening. Youko grinned. 

 

“I am here to be of service to you in any way that I can, my dear,” he purred, taking her hand again, catching her somewhat off-guard with his sudden change in mood. He had gone from comforting to playful in a moment. She had yet to become accustomed to it, but she would admit, if only to herself, that she was coming to find it less irritating than she sometimes let on. 

 

“Oh? So you came all the way over here to dig out some archery targets for me?” she asked, giving him a skeptical look.

 

Sensing her willingness to accept his diversion, he lifted the hand he had recaptured to his lips, laying a kiss softly to her fingertips, never taking his eyes from her’s. He was pleased to note the color in her cheeks and the way her heartbeat quickened at the touch. Pulling her fingers away from his lips just far enough that she could still feel his breath across her knuckles, he answered softly, “I admit, I did have something specific in mind when I came over. But I’ll bet you can’t guess what it was.”

 

“I’ll bet I can,” she returned, somewhat breathlessly. Her frustration was melting away. How embarrassing was it that all it took was a kitsune breathing on her hand to get her to let go of her earlier frustration? But she wanted to get rid of it. The thing was, she was beginning to fear that she had taken on more than she could handle. When she had told her mother that she would take over the shrine for her and take care of Grandpa, she knew it was going to be difficult. For one, she and Shippo had to reestablish themselves in Ningenkai, a world that believed miko and youkai were nothing more than fairytales and superstition. That was difficult on both of them, but now she had bills to pay and another person to care for. She hadn’t felt this powerless and out of her element in a very long time. 

 

A pang of guilt stabbed through her. She truly did like Kurama, and the sex was- beyond amazing. But she did not, for one moment, let herself entertain the notion that they could ever be anything more. And she knew she needed to break it off with him, to find a way to deflect his interest somehow, before he got too close and Kimi ate him. But like any good kitsune, he was irritatingly persistent. And damn, but… she just had trouble saying “no” to him. He had this way of making her feel… special, and beautiful, and powerful, like no one had ever made her feel before. 

 

Youko closed the last bit of distance between them, backing her up through the doorway and into the wall just inside the building, trapping her hands between them. Kagome barely had time to gasp his name before he took her chin between forefinger and thumb and hungrily covered her lips with his. Momentarily caught off guard, her guilt was swallowed up under a wave of pleasure. Her lips felt hypersensitive and when the fox tilted his head slightly to deepen the kiss, she melted against him with a soft moan through her nose. Moments or minutes later, she didn’t know, she realized he was untying her hakama. She pushed against his chest until he pulled back, breath trembling through her flushed lips. “Kurama,” she said, giving the open doorway a significant look. 

 

“Don’t worry, little lover. I’d hear your grandfather coming long before he’d see us,” Youko whispered close to her ear, sending a rush of chills over her neck and causing her stomach to flutter pleasantly. 

 

“But my archery students will be here at ten,” she offered feebly.

 

“We have plenty of time. I’ll help you set up before they get here,” he said, knowing that wasn’t really why she resisted. They had never done this here, at her home. Regardless if either of them would admit it, they were about to cross an unspoken line, and Kagome was putting up whatever she could think of to keep the distance. She wanted to tell him she couldn’t see him anymore. But what came out instead was a breathless moan when he suddenly lowered his mouth to her neck, just under her ear, and laid an open-mouthed kiss there. “I promise you won’t regret it,” he said, his breath chilling the dampened skin. The last pillars of her token resistance fell and Kagome wondered when she’d become the kind of woman who had sex in storage sheds on shrine grounds… but Kurama made her do crazy things. 

 

Cool, early spring air hit her overheated flesh as her hakama fell to the floor and Youko pushed back the folds of her hakui to reveal the soft, supple body he’d come to adore. Without warning, he took two quick steps back and the miko gasped at the sudden loss of heat. She eyed him in confusion and irritation. “What, is my grandpa coming?” she asked, flushing with the thought and moving to cover herself. When had he gotten her bra off?!

 

“Don’t!” Youko commanded, and she froze. “Don’t cover yourself,” he softened his tone, grinning appreciatively. “I just wanted to see you,” the ancient fox told her.

 

So, blushing furiously, she let the hakui fall open again and leaned back against the wall. The avatar spent a few moments, unabashed, drinking in the sight of her standing in only her lacy white panties and committing every detail to memory. Although they were somewhat sheltered behind stacks of boxes from the morning sunlight that poured through the open doorway, her white hakui and pale, creamy skin seemed to glow in the shadows. Like thick ribbons of blue-black silk, strands of hair had fallen forward over her shoulders to lay over her chest and sway against the taught, subtle muscles of her soft, pale belly, partially obscuring the white, subtle scars he knew spanned her shoulder and abdomen but which did not one iota detract from her beauty, and which were a testament to her strength and resilience. Her full lips were swollen and red and her taught, dusky nipples seemed to beg for his mouth. Her storm cloud eyes were downcast, half hidden under thick coal lashes. Splashes of pink colored her cheeks and neck, and her flush traveled in a ‘V’ over her collar and down into the valley of her round, full breasts. The folds of her hakui hung from the bends of her arms and draped behind and around her like huge, white wings, and the entire effect was angelic.

 

Kami… that is the sexiest thing I have ever seen. She looks like some kind of- sex goddess, Kurama said, unable to pull his eyes away from the enchanting sight before him.

 

‘I would have to agree.’ Youko’s voice was gruff with lust. ‘This venture continues to yield one sweet, succulent fruit after another.’ 

 

And they rarely agreed on things, but they could have spent all day looking at Kagome in all her feminal splendor. However, they unfortunately did not have all day and there was more fun to be had than just looking. Catching her eyes with his intense gold-green gaze, they closed the distance once again.

 

Awash on a wave of feminine pride despite herself, Kagome shivered at the first touch of his fingertips on her hips and gasped when his mouth descended on a particularly sensitive spot on her shoulder. Something about the way he found it so quickly, that he knew where all her sweet spots were, sent alarm bells ringing somewhere in the back of her mind. She shouldn’t be letting this go on. It was selfish of her. And dangerous. 

 

Almost as though he sensed her inner turmoil, Youko nipped the flesh of her shoulder lightly and sent her tumbling back into the hazy cloud of pleasure that had engulfed her the moment he’d put his mouth on her. He spoke, breathing his words into her skin like a prayer, “My beautiful little lover, do you know how often I think of you like this?”

 

And his words made something burn in her, something that terrified and excited her, despite herself. She wanted to deny it, to urge him not to say things like that, but the words caught in her throat and all that came out was a whimper when his fingers, which had so far been stroking soft patterns over her sides, suddenly gripped her hips tightly to hold her still while he ground his hard length against her with a growl. Kagome swallowed thickly and, unable to respond with words, moved her fingers to the fly of his jeans… but he swatted her hands away. 

 

“I told you you’d never guess,” he teased her, grinning viciously at the comical expression of simultaneous confusion and arousal on her pretty features. “I have a gift for you, darling,” he told her as he caught her wrists gently in his hands. “I want you to just relax and enjoy it,” he instructed, capturing her lips with his and pinning her hands above her head with one of his own in one smooth motion, leaving her body vulnerable to his other hand. Deepening the kiss, he trailed his right hand lightly down her side and across her ribs, letting his thumb brush the undersides of the full breasts he’d purposely left untouched so far. He swallowed her gasp, reveling in the little moan that followed, when he cupped one breast gently, but without warning, plucking her nipple between his forefinger and thumb. 

 

Kagome whimpered and her hips jerked at the touch, a familiar ache beginning somewhere deep inside her. Her heart pounded in her chest and blood rushed in her ears. While his fingers played wickedly with her breasts, his mouth was on her throat, teeth scraping lightly and hot, living breath rolling over her hypersensitive skin so that she could think of nothing else but his beautiful mouth and the words he whispered into her skin. “Do you know, lover, that when every kitsune is born, he receives a gift from his ancestors?”

 

Kagome’s mind felt like it was full of jell-o. His words didn’t make any sense to her. Why was he talking, anyway? “What?” was all she could manage.

 

Youko chuckled and the miko shivered from the feel of it against her shoulder. “A gift, dear, keep up.” He emphasized his point by tugging lightly on one swollen, dusky nipple with expert fingers.

 

She moaned and let her head fall hack against the hard wood wall that held her up. “Kurama!” she huffed, trying to gather herself back together when she felt like she was flying to pieces. “Why are you giving me a history lesson right now?” she asked in irritation.

 

He was still plucking impishly at her sensitive buds, nipping across her collar bone. Between kisses, he spoke softly, gruffly against her skin, “I want you- to understand- what it means- to receive a gift from a kitsune.”

 

Kagome couldn’t stop the laughter that bubbled up out of her, unexpected. “Oh, trust me, Kurama. I’ve received gifts from your kind before; I know what being in debt to a kitsune entails.”

 

Youko bit her shoulder and she cried out, which quickly dissolved into another giggle. “You misunderstand, miko-sama. Some gifts, by nature, are meant to be shared. And this gift is one I want to share with you, out of the kindness of my heart, and because you are so beautiful and deserving of gifts,” he said without a hint of sarcasm or self-mockery. 

 

Kagome’s laugh at that statement was cut short when the ancient fox dropped before her onto one knee and in one smooth motion, lifted her left leg to hook her knee over his shoulder and allow him access to her womanhood. Her mouth went dry when she realized what he was about to do. Not that she’d never done this before, or rather that no one had done this for her before, but… it was somehow so much more intimate than just sex. A protest bubbled up in her throat before she could stop it. “Kurama-?” was all she managed, but the fox heard the hesitation in her voice and moved no further. 

 

Green-gold eyes looked up at her through silken strands of crimson and a smile quirked his sly lips. Kagome didn’t know what she wanted to say. She didn’t want him to stop… more than anything, she wanted him to put that wicked mouth back on her body, in one place in particular it had yet to explore, but something held her back. This was… different. Different from two bodies sharing one another under the cover of darkness, cocooned in the secrecy of a hotel room. This was one body giving to another… and in broad daylight on her grandfather’s shrine. It was familiar in a way that she could not comfortably reconcile with her “no strings attached” plan. She couldn’t help but feel she was standing on the precipice of some road she couldn’t return from once she’d started. 

 

His soft, husky tone broke through her tortured thoughts. “Kagome, I won’t do anything you don’t want. You know that.” She knew it was a question, even if he made it sound like a statement. The way his gaze held her’s and he held his breath told her he expected an answer. 

 

“Of course,” she breathed, beginning to relax her posture. She hadn’t noticed how tense she had become. 

 

He nuzzled his cheek against the warm, soft skin of her inner thigh and laid a soft kiss there, letting his breath ghost over her flesh when he asked, “Why do you hesitate, darling? Has no one been with you like this before?” Youko ignored the little stab of jealousy that thought sent through him, and focused on the heat of her skin against his cheek, the smell of her arousal, the enticing pink flush that came to her cheeks and the way her raven lashes fluttered when she cast her eyes away. 

 

“It’s not- I mean, yes- just-!” The miko waved her hands, trying to find a way to explain it in a way that didn’t make her seem… well, loose. Although she had already slept with him on their first date, and numerous times since. Ah, screw it. “It’s… just so- intimate!” She felt his lips curve against her skin and found his eyes again, not at all surprised to find mirth sparkling there but nonetheless annoyed. “Oh, you know what I mean.”

 

“Have we not been quite intimate up to this point?” he asked innocently, knowing she was referring to a different kind of intimacy but wanting to make her articulate it.

 

“Kurama,” she said, a warning in her voice. 

 

The fox chuckled as he nuzzled one thigh and stroked the other with callused fingertips. “It’s only sex,” he said, even as some part of him knew it wasn’t. He grinned. “I promise you, little lover, you’ll beg for it next time.”

 

And yes, that was probably true. And he was right; it was only sex… This was different, but it didn’t have to mean anything. Her last reservations gave way. Still… “I don’t beg,” she retorted, just to be obstinate.

 

“I’ve heard you,” he teased, laying soft kisses along her leg again, moving ever closer to the apex of her thighs.

 

“Asking politely isn’t begging,” she said, her breath coming short as what he was doing with his mouth seemed to send electricity through her very core. 

 

“So is that what you call it when I am behind you and you say to me,” and here, Youko pitched his voice a little higher in imitation, “’please, please, Kurama, don’t stop.’”

 

 

“Well, I said ‘please,’ didn’t I?” she replied, but her voice broke when his lips finally reached their destination and nothing particularly coherent left her mouth after that.