InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ The Warning ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter Three: The Warning
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Hey, did you think that it'd be that easy to get rid of me!” Rika asked from the far side of the room.
 
Clara spun her head to see Rika standing there unharmed. “How-?”
 
“After image, it comes with my speed.”
 
Another rock started to fall and Rika looked up. Moments later there seemed to be four Rikas going about the room, each in a different way. Frustrated, Clara called for more rocks to come crashing down. One hit the real Rika's hand and knocked her sword out of her hand. Yusuke jumped out of the way of the oncoming blade. Andrea merely manipulated the blade to swerve its way around her.
 
Two of the four Rikas jumped into the ear. Each one threw their right arm out, but only one launched ninja stars at Clara. Each star let of a faint pink aura. Behind her, Andrea narrowed her eyes at the stars and they grew in size, making them harder to dodge. Clara managed to avoid one of the four stars. The second one sliced her right leg causing her to no longer be able to move quickly. The third one sliced her right arm. The last one hit her hard in the chest. Clara fell to the ground and her body dissolved into the ground. The only thing left was Rika's ninja stars which had returned to their normal size.
 
Rika walked over to the pile and gathered up her stars. “My star's have never done that before.” She placed the stars back in her metal box. The box glowed pink for a moment then returned back to simple black. “Growing I mean.”
 
“I aided to their size.” Andrea said. “Why did they dissolve her body though? I know I can't do that.”
 
“You noticed the slight glow they put off didn't you?” the group nodded. “One of my trainers is a miko, she put a purifying spell on my stars and the box they reside in.”
“How many trainers do you have?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Erm…. I lost count.” Everyone sweatdropped.
 
~At the core~
 
“Clara lost?” Vlad staid confused.
 
“I think that we've underestimated that ningen onna.” Jake said. He hit one button and the screen pulled some close-ups of Rika. “Why should we be surprised? Sky did train her just a bit.”
 
“True true.” Vlad nodded his head. “We should be glad that she doesn't have very strong reiki.”
 
“Mmmmm.” The two demons spun around. Sky was slowly sitting up. “Wha-?”
 
“Welcome back sleeping beauty.” Jake teased. “While you were meditating, someone attacked your mind.”
 
“Well that was nice of them.” Sky said sarcastically. She looked up at the screen. “Hey, what's Rika doin' here?”
 
“She's here for you.” Vlad sneered. “Thinks your crazy for wanting to find your brother.”
 
“Hmmm.” Sky thought back to a small voice she had heard whilst she was meditating. `You don't know me, Sky, but I know you. You could say that I'm the bond between the members of your family. If you stay with Jake and Vlad, you or Yoko may end up as Kuronue did. The one with the red hair is your brother, in a human body. Please heed my warning; these men have been lying to you. Leave them before it's too late. I can only give you a small taste of what might happen.
 
After the voice she had felt a sharp pain, stronger than any other she could ever imagine and blacked out.
 
“Guys, why don't we get rid of Meg?” Sky suggested. “I mean, her sister turned on us, what's to say she won't?”
 
“Meg's more loyal to us than Andrea, we shouldn't have any problems.” Jake said.
 
“Yeah, the odds of her leaving us are about the same as you leaving us.” Vlad said.
 
Then she'll be leaving very soon. “Yes, true, but Meg's Andrea's little sister, and they're wolves. Wolves tend to stick together with their own pack.” Sky explained. She wanted Andrea and Meg out of here before she left. They never truly were loyal to them, it was just that this was the only place they could go after Jake and Vlad had killed most of their pack. If it wasn't for Sky, they'd probably be dead as well.
 
“You make a strong point, we'll have her properly disposed of.” Jake said.
 
“Disposed of?”
 
“Yes, disposed of. We don't want her attacking us now do we? Would you like the honor?”
 
“I just meant something like sticking her on a desert island.”
 
“Too easy.”
 
“But I like things to be easy, Jake.” Sky moved around Jake's chair and have him a pouty/playful look. “Can't we make it easy, just one time, for me?” Sky looked in his eye.
 
Vlad instantly noticed that she was turning on her vixen charm. He came over and slapped Sky across her face. “We made a deal that you wouldn't do that you damn vixen bitch!” he yelled at Sky.
 
Sky stood up enraged. “Well, I was promised my brother! And you failed to mention that that guy with red hair happens to be that brother! I don't appreciate you lying to me! My word is good so long as you don't break yours! And that's exactly what you did!” Sky stomped to the door. “Don't think you're getting off that easy, I'll be back for you two!” she left.
 
Jake and Vlad sat in silence for a moment. Jake decided to say something first. “A mad vixen is the last thing we need.”
 
“How did she find out?”
 
“Who knows.”
 
~With the SDs~
 
“How many more,” Yusuke said hitting another grass solider, “of these things do we have to take out?!”
 
Andrea shrugged as she and Rika sliced trough more grass soldiers. “I don't know whose these are.” She said.
 
“I do.” Rika said. “They're Sky's grass soldiers, she's tested them on me multiple times during training.”
 
“Enough! Receded!”
The thousands of grass soldiers shrank down and became grass on the floor. Standing at the entrance to the next tunnel was Sky. Rika dropped her sword and ran to Sky. Sky happily accepted her friend into her arms. Rika was lifted off her feet being seven inches shorter than Sky.
 
“So, have you come to your senses?” Rika teased after they pulled away from the hug.
 
“You might say that.” Sky looked over Rika's shoulder to where the rest of the group stood.
 
Kurama was approaching with Rika's sword. “You may need this.” he said handing Rika her blade. Then he turned to Sky. “You must be Sky, Rika keeps saying is my sister. You've got me mistaken for the wrong fox, I never had a sister.”
 
Rika put a hand on Sky's shoulder. “He's been saying that since we started this fun little adventure. You may have to knock some sense into his head.”
 
Sky sighed and sat down. “Kuronue told me that Yoko probably wouldn't believe me if I told him.”
 
“You knew Kuronue?” Kurama asked.
 
“Know him? I was mated to him. He was my only connection to you. I wish there was a way for me to show you.” Sky wrapped her arms around her waist and felt a tear falling down her face. She closed her eyes. `But there is, I can help you.' Sky heard a more familiar voice say to her. She looked up. “Ok Meg, show yourself, I know you're here.”
 
Right behind Andrea, another wolf demon appeared. She was 5'9”, only two inches taller than Andrea. She wasn't as thin as Andrea. She had shoulder length blond hair and baby blue eyes. Her face had no marks on it as Andrea's did. Her ears and tail were more brown color like her tan skin. “Hi, the name's Meg, Andrea's only sister.”
 
“You two don't look much like sister.” Yusuke said.
 
“Our mother was a gray wolf demon, I follow more after him.” Andrea said. “Our dad was a brown wolf demon which Meg follows more after. The only sign that we're not full gray or full brown is our hair.”
 
“Yeah, well.” Meg sighed. “Now, maybe we could pull out of here, I just don't like it.”
 
“Allow me to help with that.” Rika said. “I've got transportation powder.” she pulled off one of the sacs from her waist.
 
“Why couldn't you have used that before onna?” Hiei asked.
 
“One, because I don't have much. Two, I can only transport to three places: my home, the temple I get this stuff, and Genkai-sama's. And tree MY NAME IS RIKA, NOT ONNA!!!”
 
“You know Genkai?” Kurama asked.
 
“Yeah, she showed me how to train what little awareness I do have so that I can find where things are spiritually wise.” She pulled off the drawstring. “Everyone gather round.”
 
“Rika, one thing before we go.” Sky said. She pulled up two of her grass soldiers and sent them out. They retuned a few minuets later with a confused looking Yukina. “We should take her with us, I don't think it a good idea to leave her in the care of Jake and Vlad.”
 
“Ok, now we can go. Everyone close, I'm taking us to Genkai-sama's.” Once Rika was sure that everyone was close enough, she grabbed a bit of her powder and threw it on the ground. When the smoke cleared, they were at the top of Genkai's steps.
 
“That was easy.” Andrea said looking around. “It's been quite a while since we've seen the outside of that cave, huh Meg?”
 
“I forgot what it looked like it's been so long.” She had her eyes closed and was enjoying the breeze tickling her ears. She opened them to say `back to business' and turned to Sky. “You ready?”
 
Sky looked Meg in the eye and nodded. Before they left to the open field, Rika grabbed Sky's wrist. “I've got something I believe is yours.” She pulled off another sac and handed it to Sky.
 
Sky looked at the bag and opened it. Inside was Kuronue's pendant. “I thought I had lost it.” she said shakily.
 
“Not lost, misplaced. I found after you were abducted by Jake and Vlad.” Rika smiled. “There's more, I had it fixed, look.”
Sky pulled up the chain and sure enough it had been completely repaired. She placed it around her neck. “Thank you Rika, you have no idea how much this means.”
 
“I guess I don't. Well, you've got a brother to get, I've gotta find Genkai-sama.”
 
“Right, of course. Lets go.” She noted to Meg and Kurama to follow her. They reached the center of t he field. “We sit in a circle, right Meg?” Meg nodded and sat down. “Right.” Sky sat down and yanked Kurama with her.
 
Meg reached her hands out. “We have to take hands in order for this to work.” Sky took Meg's hand as well as Kurama's. “You've got to take my hand as well, Yoko.” Kurama sighed and took Meg's hand. “Now, these are Sky's memories and thy are exactly as they happened. Sky, you have to focus on only what you want him to see, ready?”
 
Sky had already closed her eyes and started to focus. “Yes.”
 
“Ok, they'll transfer through me to you, Yoko. Here we go.”
 
“I can't do it Kuronue, I just can't.” Sky said.
 
Kuronue smiled and put his arm around Sky's shoulder. “Yes you can. Remember, your brother is my partner. After we return from tonight's theft, you'll tell him, and I'll be right there for both of you.”
 
Sky snuggled close to Kuronue. “I still don't think tat I can do it, but you won't let give up, will you?”
 
Kuronue kissed her temple. “Nope. I've got to go , got some things to `borrow'.”
 
“Be careful.”
 
Kuronue stood up. “Aren't I always?”
 
“No, and that's what has me worried.”
 
Kuronue gave Sky his trademark smile and exited his room. “Alright Yoko! Let's get this show on the road!” he called outside the door.
 
“I'm right here.” Yoko's voice growled. “Do you have any idea how much your screaming hurts my ears when I'm standing right next to you?”
 
“Sorry Yoko.” Sky could see Kuronue smirking at Yoko. “Didn't realize you were standing right outside my door.”
 
“Who were you talking to?”
 
“No one, shall we go?”
 
The voices stopped and footsteps left the lair. Sky lay down on Kuronue's bed and drifted to sleep. A few hours later she was awoken with a start by someone banging on the door. “You and your damn pendant Kuronue.” Yoko's voice said.
 
Sky didn't like what she was hearing. She climbed out the window and followed Kuronue's scent. She started to smell his blood and quickened her pace. She stopped when se saw Kuronue's body. Slowly, Sky knelt down next to him.
 
“Damn it Kuronue, you weren't' supposed to die.” She looked at his wrist where his broken pendant sat. Sky picked it up and noticed the broken chain. “I'll keep this safe until we meet once more.” Sky whispered tucking the pendant away. The she leaned over and brushed Kuronue's lips one more time before leaving into the thickets of the Makai forest.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Please read and review