InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Such a Small World ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven
 
She sighed. “Hiei?”
 
“Hn?” He shifted his eyes to look at her, and then wrapped his arm around her. He hadn't really thought it was such a good idea to take her home with him, not after all this had happened, but damn it, she was his girlfriend and had been for some time now. It was Yusuke's fault that she looked so uncomfortable leaning against him in the bed that she'd often slept in before Yusuke had gotten his claws on her. Before those stupid bitches' managed to make her think all of those stupid things. Before all of this stupid crap started happening.
 
“Why are you doing this?” she asked.
 
He frowned. What was she talking about now? He never understood why she couldn't just tell him what she meant when she went from one subject to another one. Shaking those thoughts away, he said, “I don't understand.”
 
“Why are you staying with me after what I've done?” she asked again. Turning her eyes up toward his own, she sighed deeply. “You don't have to, you know. I'll be ok if you decide you no longer want anything to do with me.”
 
His grip tightened around his shoulder, while he rested his head on top of hers. He never understood how she managed to get these types of crazy thoughts into her head, either. He liked that she was beginning to surprise and confuse him once more, though, for it meant that the Kagome he loved was showing toward the surface. She was trying to prove that she was independent and didn't need him in order to stand on her own two feet, even when she did. He liked teasing her about that, but he knew that right now wasn't the time. He didn't want to screw anything up simply because he'd gotten so used to simply teasing her about things that could be more sensitive at this point.
 
“I don't want to be a burden.” She closed her eyes, resting gently against him.
 
“You're not a burden, Kagome,” he whispered. Nuzzling against her, he brought his other hand up and gently ran his fingers over her cheek. He hated seeing her this way, especially when a tear managed to escape her eye and fell down her cheek like it knew the path so well. He never wanted her to cry in his presence, yet she was. He didn't like the way his heart constricted from seeing it, either.
 
“You're only telling me that because you don't want to admit that I am. I am a burden to everyone that comes into my life,” she whispered.
 
He frowned deeper. “Why do you believe that, Kagome?”
 
“Because I was told so.”
 
“By who?” he asked.
 
Inuyasha,” she hissed softly.
 
Pulling her face up, he lifted his head and made her look him in the eye. Narrowing his, he spoke truthfully, but with an underlying threat to the man in question. “Just because he thought you were a burden to him, does not mean you're a burden to everyone you meet, Kagome. You shouldn't take that bastard's words to heart, nor should you allow them to sway your decisions.”
 
She lowered her eyes.
 
He pulled her chin back up so that she was staring at him again. “Trust me, Kagome,” he said. “Trust me, not the word of a man who does not know what he wants in life. Trust me, for I will be true to my word and not leave your side. I may not say it often, Kagome, but I wish to be with you. You're not a burden to me.”
 
“Hiei,” she whispered.
 
He sighed, “I love you,” he said. “I do not say it nearly enough, and I know that I may not often show it, but I do. I do, Kagome, and that is the reason you are not a burden to me. I will do what I can to help you through this, because I can tell its hurting you, here,” he slipped his hand away from her face and placed it on her chest above her heart. “You hurting makes me hurt, Kagome.”
 
“I'm sorry I'm hurting you,” she replied. “I'm sorry.”
 
“It's not your fault,” he said. “You're not to blame, for you're not the one to make yourself hurt. You just need to find a way to get over it, Kagome, that's all.”
 
Leaning against him, she softly replied, “I'll try.”
 
His lips tilted into a smirk. “Good, I do not like you in pain.”
 
Leaning further into him, Kagome buried her face into his neck. It'd been a while since she'd been this close to him, but she felt that she was back where she belonged. Their encounter with Yusuke on the street seemed like something that happened weeks ago while she sat with him and he actually told her how he felt. She wasn't sure what was wrong with Hiei, but she was glad that he was showing this side of him once more. She was sure there was still a chance for them, but she needed to step forward in order to do her share of the work to make it work. Her determination showed underneath the guilt and confusion she'd been feeling, and she wanted to make it work, instead of simply saying she wanted to. She did.
 
Shaking his head, Hiei decided that was good enough for now. As long as she told him she'd try, he knew that she'd really try. She'd try to make everything better, too. Still, he felt almost like she was trying to get away from him, like she wanted to simply fall out of his grasp and never be his again. She was the first woman to understand him and accept him completely for who he truly was, not all the crap that came with being him. Because she did, he had decided long ago to be the same with her, but he didn't quite understand the reason why she couldn't move on from this. He was helping her, trying to at least, and he had even called Sesshoumaru to make sure that his job wasn't forfeit while he was trying to make things better. Apparently he had six more days before he had to go in for two hours for the same amount of days and then start over again. Truthfully, he was simply amazed Sesshoumaru had given him time to fix this in the first place, since he usually didn't care about a person's life outside the office.
 
Looking down, he noticed that Kagome was once again staring up at him; her head moved enough so she could. Blinking at her, he noticed the look in her eyes. “Hn, you don't have to do that to stay by my side,” he muttered.
 
She leaned forward, touching the tip of her nose against his own. Staring at him with a more intensified version of the look she was giving him, she smiled. “I know,” she whispered, “but I want to. I want to remember what its like, instead of constantly thinking about the way another man's hands made me feel unloved and unworthy. Please, Hiei.”
 
His lips tilted a little more, and he leaned forward, catching her lips with his own.
 
OoO
 
“Are you ready?”
 
“Feh, I'm always ready,” Inuyasha frowned. Turning to look at Kikyo, who was eyeing the woman inside the small café in front of them, he shook his head. “I can't believe you're making me do this, and with her. I shudder every time I think about her, how the hell am I supposed to pull this off?”
 
“By thinking of me,” Kikyo smiled, batting her eyelashes. Resting her chin on Inuyasha's shoulder, she smiled brighter. “Just think about it. Once again playing with each other behind another woman's back,” her eyes shined. “Unless, you want me to find a man, maybe Naraku, to do this with?”
 
“No way I'm going to allow another fucking bastard to touch you,” Inuyasha growled.
 
She giggled a bit. “Inuyasha.”
 
“What?” he snapped. This was not something he wanted to do, but he'd do it in order to save his relationship. But still, he hated the fact that Kikyo even suggested such a damn thing. He wasn't going to sit around thinking about all the things another man could be doing to his woman. Besides, he was a bit afraid of what would happen to him if she found someone who pleased her better and left him all together. He loved Kikyo, and he'd do almost anything for her, so he didn't want to lose her over something so stupid.
 
“You just called yourself a bastard,” she said.
 
“No I didn't,” he huffed.
 
Kikyo placed a small kiss on his neck. “You did, Inuyasha. You said you would not allow another bastard to touch me, even if you did add such a vulgar word along with it. I've never touched another man while I've been with you.”
 
“That time that we first started to see other people, though, right before we decided that it was fun to go behind Kagome's back, though. You were with some other guy then, don't deny it—you dumped him in order to come back to me,” Inuyasha muttered.
 
“Yes, but we weren't technically together then,” Kikyo replied, frowning.
 
“Well, I was talking about that fucking bastard, not myself. I'm not going to allow another fucking bastard to touch you while I know you're with me, got it?” he asked.
 
Sighing, she nodded. “Alright, Inuyasha.” Looking up, she blinked a few times and saw that the woman sitting by the window was about to leave, muttering to herself, most likely with a dark undertone. “You better go, though. I think Kagura's starting to get restless waiting for you.”
 
His lips turned further down. “Yeah, and it'd suck to let her find me here with you. Whole plan ruined.” He shifted, nearly shuddering from even thinking about that stupid woman. She was always so demanding, stating that she was free to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted and that if they planned to ever be together, as she'd said when he'd suggested dating, that he'd have to give her the space she needed. He could understand the fact that she wanted to be able to make her own decisions, but the depth that she'd went into, stating that she was like the wind, was something that really ticked him off. He could just bet what his life was going to be like whenever he was near her, instead of sleeping with Kikyo behind her back, or simply doing something in order to try and ignore her without her getting to suspicious.
 
“Well, we could always act like we're fighting,” Kikyo smirked. “Me trying to regain your favor and you rejecting me for her.” She sighed dramatically, tilting her head back as she placed her hand onto her forehead woefully. “I bet Kagura would love that little show.”
 
“She's not gettin' it,” Inuyasha growled. Turning his head, he quickly pecked Kikyo on the lips and then said, “I'll call you when I get the chance. Who knows how long that bitch will keep me up with her talk of being free or whatever.”
 
Kikyo nodded. “Just remember not to call her a bitch when you go see her, alright.” Seeing that Kagura was about to walk out the café door, she pushed Inuyasha forward a bit. “Go get her, tiger,” she growled, waving her hands like she was going to scratch him. Once he was off, she watched him run across the street and quickly grab Kagura's arm, smiling, nodding, and saying something to her as her face brightened. Smirking a little in happiness to finally get to know that she would be the woman Inuyasha was secretly meeting, Kikyo brought her finger up to tap at her chin.
 
The question was, what would she do until then? It wasn't a hard question, she was sure she would be able to find something to do, even if it wasn't exactly something that anyone would approve of. Besides, Inuyasha would be touching another woman, so why couldn't she touch another man, even if he didn't know about it? Plus, it was so much more exciting to know she was cheating on two men at once, just like she'd been doing ever since Inuyasha cast Kagome aside with declarations of love for her. Yes, it was terrible that her cousin had been so hurt from it, and she hated to know that she'd been apart of that, but Kagome was getting better from what she knew. Inuyasha, however, was an idiot and would never know the difference, just like he didn't for the last few months.
 
Seeing Inuyasha look over toward her as Kagura pulled him away, she waved a little and then turned away. With an extra skip in her step, Kikyo walked away, smiling as if she was a child who'd just got the toy she'd been looking at and begging her parents for. Kikyo couldn't be happier, even if she knew that it was considered bad what she was doing. She considered it to be a game with added pleasure slipped inside for the player's enjoyment. And, just like a game, she'd play until she lost, whether it was by being caught, simply getting bored with it, or someone else beat her in her own game.
 
OoO
 
“So, where to begin,” Keiko said, tapping her finger against the counter. She watched as Yukina turned the open sign over so that it read closed, even though the bakery wasn't supposed to close early on that day. She looked up at her expecting friend, and sighed. “I'm not sure what to say. I came home, I found the recorder, and thought it was kind of strange that it was clicked to on and was dead. I kind of figured that maybe Yusuke had gotten a little drunk or something and recorded his friends just being silly, but I found that on it.”
 
Yukina watched as a tear slipped from Keiko's eye. “It's alright, Keiko,” she said, placing her hand onto her shoulder. “You don't have to tell me more than you want to. I won't hold it against you. Just remember to take it slowly, and stop when you want to, I don't want you to say more than you feel like today.”
 
Keiko nodded. “So, I watched it, and it took nearly the whole thing for me to realize exactly what I was watching. Then, I was horrified, anger, and sad to know that Yusuke was going behind my back to sleep with other women. I snapped, even though I'd thought that we'd always be able to get through out problems, and I just wanted to hit him so hard that he never got up again. I wanted to, but I knew it was wrong, so I decided that leaving might knock some sense into him, prove that I was serious this one time and I wasn't going to allow him to get away with it.”
 
Yukina blinked, nodding. “I understand, Keiko. Um, why don't you tell me about the Kagome you saw on the tape? Not the fact that she was naked for anything,” Yukina blushed a bit, “but what you remember of her features.” She nodded in encouragement, noticing that Keiko's eyes lost some of their shine, and thought that maybe she'd gone to far to ask this so soon. After all, to think about the description of the woman, whether it was her Kagome or not, meant that she'd have to think about what exactly Yusuke had done on that tape. She could only imagine how much Keiko must have hurt when she saw it all.
 
Keiko tilted her head down. “She was very pretty. Not beautiful, beautiful, but she held a natural beauty that seemed to shine even through her as she tried to discourage Yusuke. Her hair was black, and I think it had a soft blue shine when it was cast into the light perfectly. Her eyes were dark, but I think they may have been blue, but maybe they were brown. I couldn't tell really, I wasn't paying that much attention.”
 
Yukina smiled, “Did she happen to have a small scar on her right side?”
 
Keiko nodded. “Yes. Right here,” she brought her hand up and pulled it across her side, just below her ribs. “It looked kind of like she'd been cut by a knife but I think it might have been caused by some type of fall now that I think about it.”
 
“I'm so happy,” Yukina smiled brighter. “That is Kagome.”
 
“Isn't that bad, though?” Keiko asked, her voice tight. She knew that she couldn't really blame this Higurashi Kagome, but Yusuke had still cheated on her. Yusuke could be a total jerk, she knew that from personal experience, but they were talking about knowing the woman that he'd taken advantage of. Especially with all the stuff that Yukina had been talking about happened to Kagome while she was with Inuyasha. Always being hurt and put down, yet continuing to stand by his side because he seemed to be a big softy on the inside. So much like her Yusuke, but he didn't sound like a pervert who'd record something he shouldn't have like an idiot.
 
Sighing, Yukina thought about it for a moment and then nodded her head. “Yes,” she whispered, feeling tears build in her eyes. “I can't help but think about how Kagome must be feeling right now. Her boyfriend seems to love her, and he's the type to keep a woman he's gotten so close to, but he's not the most social person. She probably feels like she's being pushed away unless she knows him better than anyone else.”
 
“That's terrible,” Keiko replied. She blinked, “May I ask who her boyfriend is, though?”
 
“Hiei,” Yukina said, shaking her head lightly. She was glad that it was Higurashi Kagome, for she'd be able to help her. Perhaps she'd go see her on one of the days that she was at the shrine with her stepsister, since she was positive Hiei would keep her close until he was positive she wasn't going to end up sleeping with another man. Yes, she was sure that by now he knew, Kagome wasn't the type to keep a secret like that from her loved one, but she'd always known Hiei to be possessive and he'd most likely keep Kagome until he was positive no one else would take advantage of her weak state.
 
“Wait,” Keiko said, bringing up her hand. “Jaganshi Hiei?”
 
Yukina nodded.
 
Keiko's lips thinned out, and she felt her tears begin to flood over her cheeks. “He's one of Yusuke's friends,” she snapped, trying to keep her voice down. “Yusuke used to go to see him, but he never stayed long, something about Hiei not wanting him to stay long because he wanted to spend time with his girl. I didn't think that Yusuke would want to go over there simply because he thought she looked like a good fuck or whatever he thought.”
 
“I'm sure that's not what's happening, Keiko,” Yukina said, bringing her hands up in defense.
 
“But what if it is!” Keiko cried. “What if Yusuke only slept with her because he heard about a fight that Hiei and Kagome had and decided that he wanted to try and get close to her? What if he's been planning to cheat on me for months now? What if he wanted to simply sample her in order to see if he really loved me, or if he was beginning to fall for her from a distance?”
 
“Sh, sh, it's alright, Keiko,” Yukina said. She quickly brought her hand up to pat the other woman's back and wondered if she'd just ruined her relationship. She was sure that Keiko would be able to find someone else, but she didn't want to think that she'd been the reason she'd left the father of her only child. She hadn't wanted that, nor did she think she'd be the cause of it.
 
“No, it's not alright!” Keiko sobbed. “Yusuke cheated on me with his own friends girlfriend!” She closed her eyes tightly, and brought her hands up to cover her eyes in hopes of stopping her tears. “I bet she didn't even know he was married! He's probably been taking off his ring ever since he thought all this up!”
 
Yukina wrapped her arms around her friend, and allowed her to bury her head into her shoulder. “It'll be alright, Keiko. It'll be alright,” she said, gently running her fingers threw her friends hair. It saddened her to see her this way, but she hoped that Keiko would be able to get over this, since from what she knew of Yusuke, that might actually be true.
 
OoO
 
“You did what?” she giggled.
 
“Jakotsu and I beat the crap out of him,” Bankotsu smirked. “He got away before I was able to go get Banryuu, my lucky baseball bat from when I was young, but I made sure that he'll have a couple bruises for a few weeks.”
 
Sango smiled brightly. “Well, I know that Kagome isn't into violence, but I think you did the right thing. You should have called me, Bankotsu, I would have come in order to watch over him while you went to get your bat, though I think that thing is starting to get extremely old.”
 
“Hey, hey,” he frowned, “don't talk that way about Banryuu, I've had it for years.”
 
“You don't play baseball anymore,” she scowled playfully.
 
“So, it still brings me luck.” Bankotsu turned his head away, and felt Sango wrap her arms around his neck. Smiling, he ignored her, knowing that sooner or later she was going to ask the big question.
 
“So, what does this Urameshi Yusuke look like?”
 
And there it was. “I got a picture of him on my cell phone if you want to know so badly,” Bankotsu replied. Shifting, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, before flipping it open and pressing a few memorized buttons in order to open up his picture file. Clicking the one he wanted, the picture of Hiei pulling his hand back to punch Yusuke in the face filled the small screen, and he allowed Sango to take it from his hands, though she seemed rather greedy as she was grabbing for it. “I took it while they weren't paying attention. I noticed the way Kagome responded to seeing him and figured that must be him, especially after Hiei went to confront him. I thought that something good might happen and whipped out my phone in order to snap a picture. It's not the best from the angle, but I did manage to get most of his face before Hiei struck him, and I confirmed it was him after they'd left.”
 
Sighing, Sango silently memorized the face in case she ever saw him, and then handed the phone back. “You still should have called me,” she muttered into his ear.
 
“I know,” he replied.
 
“I think you should be punished,” Sango continued. “But Yusuke getting away was probably enough punishment for both you and Jakotsu. However, I'll have a little talk with Hiei next time I see him, since I want to be there when he goes after Yusuke, since I'm pretty sure he knows where he lives.”
 
“That's a plus,” Bankotsu nodded. “I won't have to go looking for him.”
 
“True,” Sango sighed.
 
“To bad I don't know where Inuyasha is, though. He's the only reason all this is happening. If it wasn't for that bastard Kagome wouldn't have believed that Hiei would have cheated on her and wouldn't have gone to that nasty place,” Bankotsu huffed. “Next time I see that bastard, I'm going to rub his face so far into the dirt he's going to find himself six feet under.”
 
“Don't forget to call me,” Sango scowled, punching him lightly in the arm. “That dick needs to be punished. I understand Kikyo, she's always had a childish way of thinking about everything that happens to her, but Inuyasha seemed at least a bit mature. Besides, I promised mother when she died that I wouldn't hurt family, blackmail or otherwise when I swore to kick Kaiya's ass after she bitched about Kagome behind her back after talking to her as if she cared.”
 
“I wouldn't have even made that promise,” Bankotsu said.
 
“You're also sadistic,” Sango replied.
 
Bankotsu smirked. “I know, but you still love me.”
 
She nodded, “Yeah, unfortunately I do.”
 
He smiled, and then frowned. “Wait, unfortunately? What the hell do you mean by that, wench?”
 
“Don't you dare call me a wench, bastard,” she hissed. “Besides, I was being sarcastic.”
 
“It's not my fault that you decided to become sarcastic,” Bankotsu frowned.
 
“It's not my fault you decided to start calling me names,” she replied.
 
He turned his head and stared at her. “Do you know how hot you are right now?” he asked.
 
She smirked, “Yeah, but you're not getting any.”
 
“Bitch,” he mumbled.
 
“Ass,” she snorted.
 
“Stop calling me names,” Bankotsu said, rolling his eyes.
 
“Stop being one and I might,” Sango said, continuing to smirk. She knew she was getting onto his nerves, and she knew that he liked it whenever she did. He was so much different than Miroku, and she liked that. At least she didn't have to worry about Bankotsu grabbing her ass along with tons of other women simply because his hand was cursed with the black blood of his family. Bankotsu was faithful and verbally fought with her to the point that she was sweating and ready to give herself to him, and she liked that. She wasn't sure why she liked it, but she did.
 
OoO
 
He glanced up, “What is it, Rin?”
 
“I was wondering if I could go to a party next week?” she smiled.
 
“No,” he replied.
 
She pouted, “Oh, why not, father?”
 
“Because, the children you spend time with are not responsible enough to watch out for you, whether you wish to believe they will or not,” he scowled. Blinking at the fifteen year old pouting in front of his desk, he shook his head, and then went back to his paperwork. He was happy to have adopted her, he was, but sometimes she asked the dumbest questions, since she should have known he wasn't going to allow her to go to a party that he was not supervising. Who knew how many young men wanted to sample his daughter!
 
“Fine,” Rin sighed. “May I go see a movie with Ami, Mayako, and Rinako then?”
 
“You may,” he said.
 
She clapped her hands together once, and then smiled brightly. “You're the best, daddy!” she said, and then raced out of the office. However, her head was stuck back in afterward, and she smiled when he raised his head. “And could you please tell Hiei that I wouldn't mind spending some more time with Kagome? She really helped me with my history homework last time she was here, and I've missed her since she broke up with Inuyasha.”
 
“Kagome is not well, Rin,” he sighed. “But I will tell him. Perhaps some time with you will help her.”
 
“What's wrong with Kagome?” Rin asked, frowning.
 
Sesshoumaru lifted his eyes, and blinked a few times. “She is dealing with a few emotional problems from what I know, Rin. From what I know, she will most likely not feel well for some time, until she can sort out her problems, at least.”
 
“That's terrible,” Rin frowned. “I hope she gets better, I know how much Inuyasha hurt her.” She smiled then, and waved her hand as she brought it inside the door, “Anyway, thanks dad, and I'll see you when you come home.”
 
He nodded, and then shook his head once more when she exited the room. He wasn't entirely sure how he was going to handle her when she began to show a true interest in boys. He was only happy at the moment that she'd made a vow to herself to wait until she was out of school to even think about a relationship. Dealing with her first monthly bleeding had been bad enough; boys would be the next worst thing, along with her wanting to become more independent and begin going to those stupid outing she'd been talking about. Really, loud music and possible alcohol was not a good place for a fifteen year old in his book.
 
Sesshoumaru nodded to himself, knowing that Rin would come to see that once she made a mistake. He was protecting her. He stopped, and lifted his eyes to stare at the closed door to his office, wondering when he'd become so soft. He'd allowed Hiei enough time as possible in order to fix his relationship, mostly because he was his colleague and pretty much his friend, and he was being extremely soft on his growing daughter. The only thing he could think of that he'd actually done cruelly was call Inuyasha and tell him to get his ass in gear or his money was going to a better cause. Dear god, he thought, and then went back to his paperwork.
 
He had a feeling that that evil paperwork was one of the reasons he seemed so soft, even to himself.
 
OoO
 
He knocked once, twice, and then again on the door, frowning slightly when it was not answered. He knew Hiei was home, mainly because the lights were on and Hiei was known to shut off all the lights so that it was pitch black inside when he was either sleeping or gone. Kurama sighed, and then placed his hand onto the doorknob, hoping that Hiei wouldn't be too angry with him walking right in, since he usually only locked the door when he wanted others to stay away. Besides, he'd once been told that if the door was open he could come in, since Hiei might be doing something that required his attention, and he'd come as soon as he was done, or Kurama found him.
 
Twisting the knob, the door opened almost silently, and Kurama stepped inside. The place wasn't that large, but it wasn't that small, and most of the walls were white, or slightly dark blue. He'd always wondered if Hiei painted it himself, or bought the place simply because it matched what he wanted. Shaking his head, Kurama closed the door behind him, and turned his head to listen for the shower or some type of sound in the kitchen. Receiving neither noise, he frowned, wondering if Hiei had gone out in a hurry for some reason, or simply wished to ignore anyone who came because of what was happening. Maybe he'd broken up with Kagome and was now sitting by himself somewhere simply staring at a nearby wall—he wouldn't put that past him.
 
Clearing his head, knowing that he shouldn't think that until he knew it was true, Kurama stepped into the doorway for the livingroom and found it empty. Only the leather seats, TV, stereo, and bookcase occupied the room. Turning his head the other way, he looked into the kitchen and found it also to be empty. Wondering where exactly his friend was, Kurama stepped deeper into the home, and began to walk toward the bedroom. His best bet was that Hiei was simply lying in the bed, since he'd found him doing that once, the first time that Hiei had told him he was going to take Kagome on a date. Now was not the time to think about that, though.
 
He was quiet, not wishing to surprise Hiei if he was thinking about something and hadn't expected him to suddenly walk in. Within moments he stepped in front of the closed bedroom door, and went to grab the doorknob. He was positive that Hiei wouldn't mind him coming in to see him, so he twisted the knob and allowed the door to slowly open. However, Kurama allowed his eyes to open when he looked into the room, and a small blush grew on his cheeks when he realized he'd walked into a room soon after they'd slept together. Or he believed they had, since they were both naked and Kagome's body was pressed tightly against her lover's, while Hiei's arms were wrapped possessively around her body. Kagome's face was viewable, but Hiei's face was buried away in her shoulder and hair, and when the door squeaked slightly, Kurama watched as Hiei's head snapped up and his crimson eyes came to rest upon him.
 
“Kurama?” he glared.
 
He nodded, “I'll leave you two alone and wait for you in the livingroom, Hiei.” He reached in to grab the doorknob once more, and watched as Hiei maneuvered himself to grab the blanket that they hadn't been using, before pulling it up around Kagome's shoulders. He hoped that this wouldn't be something he'd have to remember, since he had better things to do with his time. Like helping Keiko. Yes, that was so much better to think about then what Hiei and Kagome had probably been doing before he'd opened that door. He was only happy that he hadn't caught them together, since Hiei probably would have hit him—Kurama was sure he would have hit himself. He hadn't expected to walk into the room with them together like that, and he planned to knock the next time he came over, for there was no need to see them like that ever again.
 
Kurama scowled to himself, wondering why it was so embarrassing, until he realized that this was Hiei, and he hadn't ever thought he'd walk in on Hiei when he looked so loving. In fact, he'd expected to walk in on Yusuke when he'd been told he could simply come in if they were home as well, though he felt the need to knock first, but not Hiei. Never Hiei, and it was slightly embarrassing to walk in on them when he was thinking about a woman, though a different woman, to see Hiei like that. He guessed he was slightly embarrassed because he hoped that if Keiko accepted him and ended up with him, that he'd be that peaceful with her at every turn.
 
OoO
 
KibaSin: Yay, another chapter. I'm so glad to have found time to type the rest of this, though I don't know when I'll be done with the next one. I've got a couple school projects that I have to deal with and I'm not sure when I'll be able to find time to type. So, I'm glad that you've read this far, and I hope you enjoyed and read more in the future.
 
Kiba