InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of Fire ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]





Hey! I hope you liked the last chapter. Actually it was the prologue, but you know what in mean. I like this story more then Stronger. I really think I should make Kagome be with Hiei. They are like the perfect couple. If Hiei isn't with Kagome he shouldn't be with any one else. I hate when people put him with Sango. That pairing is not meant to be. If he's with anyone else I don't read it. No matter how good the story is. But enough about what I think. That isn't important right now. You know, I was thinking of having a Hiei-Kagome-Yusuke pairing. Not many people do those. And Yusuke and Kagome look nice together. I know it's kind of weird to think an anime character is hot, but Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama are hot. The hottest is Hiei. He has red eyes. I love red eyes. I have red-brown eyes. No it's not contacts. They just change from reddish-brown to brown sometimes. Most of the time their brown. Unfortunately. I'm sorry I talk to much. I'm giving you one more chapter to change my mind about Kagome/Hiei pairing. I would probably do Yusuke/Hiei/Kagome. And I don't usually like three people pairings. I'm just making an exception.


Hiei/Kagome - 8


Kurama-Youko/Kagome - 1


I forgot the rest of the pairings. I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience. Well, actually I'm not. Sorry for lying. Damn, there I go with the lying again. And I said sorry twice. What is up with me. If you want a Yusuke/Kagome/Hiei please tell me. Maybe I don't want to that after all. Hmmm....


I'm changing Cilla's name from Cilla (duh...) to Karai. If I do say so myself, I did a great job. You are all probably praising me. I just know you are.
I might also do a Kagome/Kurama-Youko/Hiei. Tell me if you want that also. I really like that pairing.




_______________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________



Chapter 1





Tears Of Fire







___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _________________








Kagome looked up at the sky happily but a bit sullenly. She had found out some good and bad news. Well mostly good news. For her at least.





FLASHBACK




Kagome climbed out the well hesitantly as if she really didn't want to come out. Which was most likely true since she was met with a punch in the face the last couple of times. The bruises were gone quickly thanks to her youkai blood. ( will explain later in story ) Her mother was surprised at how fast it healed but shrugged it off as priestess thing. The only reason she even came back to the present at all was because of her studies. The faster she was done with her studies the faster she could leave her mother. She smiled. The other reason was Souta. That was a big reason in her eyes.




When she found nothing aiming for frightened face she leaped over the rim of the well. She slunk down, trying to delay her going home further. She didn't want to meet her mother so soon. Every time Kagome would come back from the past the evil bitch, as Kagome had kindly took to referring to her as, would beat her even harder because she was hoping Inuyasha would come back to tell her she's dead. She almost did die but that story was reserved for another time.




Kagome sighed. She was used to this by now. Ever since Kagome could remember her mother would beat just for fun of it. She never did anything to Souta. Never to Souta. She also never hit her in front of him. But she knew that he knew. It was obvious the way that he would cower away from there Kaa-san when ever she came near him or cringe whenever she moved to near Kagome for both there comforts. Sometimes he would sleep with her to prevent the ''evil bitch'' from hurting Kagome during the night.




Kagome smiled a small smile. She really did love that little guy. She promised that if she could ever get away from there mother she would take Souta with her. She had asked him if he would do it and he immediately said yes. She already knew that there mother wouldn't call the police in to say she kidnapped him because then she would have to say the reason Kagome left. And that would just put her in jail.




She sighed again. It was good if she started getting up now. Today was her sixteenth birthday and she was supposed to meet her friends for a birthday lunch. Then she and Souta were going to go out for awhile. Her Grandpa was out visiting neighboring shrines but had already gave her gift. It was a beautiful handcrafted sword that was long and thin without a dent. The hilt was a deep blood red color with two strings wrapping around it and the top of the sword (I forgot what that was called) in a color of white. The end of the sword there was a medium sized ruby that glistened when the sun hit it just right. She was surprised that it was so because ruby's were her favorite gem. They seemed to match her attitude. Well that's what most people told her.




Her grandfather told her not to open it till it was that morning. She had been squirming with anticipation but when she finally opened it she marveled at the beautiful weapon. Her grandfather had told her that it was a gift that an old woman had told him to give to someone special. She was overjoyed when he gave it to her. This was great birthday present in her opinion. She already knew how to wield a sword. It was necessary when she turned youkai. That day still brought pain to her.





FLASHBACK IN FLASHBACK


Kagome was walking alongside Inuyasha with Shippo on her shoulder playing with strands of her hair. She grinned at him and he returned the gesture with one of his own. She turned back to the road they were walking in and hummed a merry tune. Today seemed like a peaceful, happy day. Not even thinking of her mother could dampen her mood today. Everyone else seemed the same as her. Even the ever stubborn hanyou Inuyasha.




It was midday now and they had been walking for hours but no one complained. That was very unusual but the day was to peaceful to spoil it with arguments about when to rest or sits to our slave driving hanyou from our ever-loving miko. The peace soon vanished when two lizard youkai made there way to the shard hunting group.




'' Give usss the jewel ssshardsss and you won't be hurt,'' one of them called. They were each an annoying shade of bright green and had beady little yellow eyes. There hands were outstretched as if the shards would appear in there hands any minute. They were still outstretched when Inuyasha shouted,




'' Oi, assholes. We aren't going to give you anything so you better leave before I beat your asses down.'' Everyone got into battle ready positions and stood ready to fight the annoying youkai. The two in themselves prepared to strike at anyone that detained them from getting the jewels. Kagome took out her bow and arrows and aimed to hit one of the youkai but another came soaring out of the other side of the clearing. Everyone turned to see who it was and was surprised to see Kikyou, her arrow poised and ready to defend herself.




The arrow hit the lizard youkai's arm making the appendage turn to ash by her black miko energy. It screamed in agony and ran to attack the dead priestess. She shot another arrow but the youkai luckily dodged the attack. Meanwhile Kagome was the first to come out of her stupor. She realized that she was in a perfect position to shoot her arrow at the youkai who was watching his partner with curiosity. It flew true and hit him in the shoulder. Everyone in the group, but Inuyasha, turned at his yell of pain.




This youkai had also gone into a youkai rage. It was fast for a youkai and Kagome couldn't shoot her arrows at such a short range. She shouted Inuyasha's name so he could come and take her out of the way. She turned his way and saw him looking from her to Kikyo. It turns out that Kikyou was in the same position as her. Inuyasha could only save one of them. Sango and Kilala were to far away to get to her in time so it was no use.




She looked at him sorrowfully and turned away from him. She knew who he was going to save. She laughed bitterly. Like he was going to ever save her. No matter how much she loved him she was never going to be his precious Kikyo. He would never love her. And for that she was going to die. Maybe she could get away in time. But she soon knew that was a stupid plan. Even if she ran when she had first shot at him he would of gotten her. He was to fast for her.




Kagome laughed a laugh them It was a cold bitter laugh that they had never heard from her before. It was a laugh filled with angst, sadness, and the bitterness of life. It was filled with the coming of death, betrayal, and anger. But most of all it was filled with unrequited love. Love that would never be returned no matter how much one tries. That is so void of anything that it shatters hearts. Love that causes one the ultimate price. Death.




Inuyasha hid his eyes with bangs as he descended to the ground with Kikyo safely tucked into his arms. He knew what he did. And he was sorry, but Kikyo was his first love. He promised to protect her. `You promised to protect Kagome too', A voice said in his head. But he promised Kikyou first . `But Kikyou is dead', was how it answered him. Inuyasha clenched his fist as set Kikyo down. She looked into his eyes with her dull gray eyes and whispered a quiet ''Thank you.'', before whisking away into the surrounding forest area.




When Inuyasha opened his eyes he saw that Sango and Miroku had destroyed the other youkai that threatened Kagome's life. The only thing was that she was dying. He could feel it. Her heart beat was slowing down with each breath she took. His other comrades rushed over to her side, well not before shooting dirty looks at Inuyasha. Even Kilala had done so. Inuyasha walked over slowly with his head still bent. It was all his fault. It was always his fault.




Kagome looked up with blurry eyes at her friends. Shippo was clutching her stomach tightly and crying as if his mother was dying. Which in a sense was true since Kagome acted enough like it. Sango was weeping on Miroku's shoulder while he was clutching his staff tightly. They both knew that nothing could be done for there friend. Oh, how they hated Inuyasha right then.




When Inuyasha had finally gotten to Kagome side she was just two minutes from her death. She looked up at him with what looked like hate but it couldn't be. Kagome didn't hate people. Then it was more like pity. She pitied him. He didn't blame her. Sometimes he pitied himself. She soon spoke.




'' You do to reincarnation as you do to incarnation, Inuyasha. You kill both by your selfish wishes. I forgive you though. It's not in my heart not to. I just don't know if I'll ever be able to trust you again.'' The last part she whispered but Inuyasha could here just fine, as well as everyone else in the clearing. Inuyasha looked taken aback by what she said but still hung his head in shame. How did such a good day turn so bad.




'' Hey, Shippo '', Kagome said. He looked up at her, his face tear stained. '' I love you like a mother loves her son. Always remember that. '' He nodded and hugged her even tighter if that was even possible. She smiled at him then closed her eyes. She took two final breaths of air and then her body went limp in death....or that was what they thought.




Miroku bent down on his knees so he could pray for Kagome's spirit and soul to have a safe journey to Heaven. When he was done they all watched in awe as her soul flew up to the sky. But what surprised them was the fact that instead of flying higher it stopped until it was directly above Kagome's body. They were startled when a voice rung in the clearing.




'' It is not yet your time to die, Kagome. You still have a destiny to fulfill, a prophecy to make true. I will give you back your soul but at a price. You shall have a fire apparition soul as well. You shall need it in the near future. Also since you source of protection is no longer available '', this was directed towards Inuyasha,'' It shall come in handy. My child remember your life will take a different change in the near future. But be wary. It will be different then what you could possibly imagine. Another step of the prophecy has been accomplished. '' The voice disappeared.




The group was stunned at what they just heard. But they were startled out of there thoughts when Kagome's soul began to glow a bright blue. It stayed midair for a second then descended at break neck speed into Kagome's body. Her body glowed blue and then you could here the ragged breathing coming from her beaten form.




Suddenly, out of nowhere, a bright red orb implanted itself in Kagome's body also. She glowed red and blue then the glows receded back in her body. Shippo, who had jumped onto Miroku's shoulder when he saw her soul implanting into her body , jumped back onto Kagome's stomach again. He was just happy that she was back and he didn't have to live with out an Okaa-san anymore.




But soon the red glow returned and Shippo was still latched onto her body. He was also encased into the luminous light and held tightly onto her stomach in fear. He did that, that is, until he head her soft voice in his head.




' It's okay Shippo. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. I'm just turning into a fire apparition. And since your here, you get to be my real son. By a soul bond. Isn't that great, Shippo. I could be your real mother. '




Shippo looked up and saw that her eyes were still closed. Then how did he just hear her voice? He wondered silently. But nodded nevertheless and was surprised when he saw her smile in happiness. He smiled back, though he was sure that she couldn't see him, and settled himself more comfortably on her stomach and closed his eyes in peace. He was going to enjoy having her as his real Okaa-san.




To the rest of the gang it didn't look like anything because they couldn't see anything. Shippo and Kagome were completely encased in the red light and none of there friends could see what was going on. They were really worried and could do nothing but hope that they were okay. Inuyasha himself voiced this out. He was not prepared for what happened next.




Miroku and Sango were thoroughly pissed that Inuyasha even had the nerve to say that. Sango, of course, was the one to speak first.




'' You are worried about her '', she started her face red with her anger, '' When your disgusting self put her this position in the first place. I seriously wonder why Kagome forgave you. I would have killed you with the last remaining strength I had, much less forgive you.'' By now she had him backed against a tree, her hirakotsu ready to be aimed. '' How could you choose a fucking corpse over Kagome. Kagome, who has been there for you through all the tainting about you being a half-demon, Kagome who freed you from that tree, Kagome who had endure everything you've called her for over a year and your meetings with Kikyou, Kagome who has to leave her home in the future just to come to the Feudal Era and help you find the jewel shards, Kagome who would have gladly died in your place if the time came, and Kagome who loved you even if you chose a dead corpse over her. That Kagome is the one you let die and for that I will never ever forgive you. ''




Miroku was trying hard to keep Sango from permanently disabling Inuyasha. He was as mad as her but would not let her hurt him. Even if Inuyasha had betrayed Kagome he was once a friend and for that he wouldn't harm him. Yet.




'' Sango '', he said smoothly and calmly in her ear, '' I am as mad as you but we can't kill or hurt him. How would that make Kagome feel.'' He turned to regard Inuyasha with a lecture on what happened with Kagome but Sango didn't even here the first thing that escaped his perfect lips. She was to busy trying to keep her feelings in control.




Why did that stupid monk always make her feel this way? Why did he make her go weak in the knees just by a glance her way with his piercing violet eyes? She knew she loved the monk. She also knew she lusted after him. Sango mentally shook her head. Lust wasn't even the word. Obsessed was more like it. She tried to hide it and it seemed to be working except she couldn't hide it from Kagome. But the good thing was Kagome didn't know the extent of her attraction to the monk. And to that she was thankful.




She was shook out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned toward it and saw that it was the very monk she was thinking about. She fought down a blush that seemed to want to appear on her face but fought it down. It also seemed she hadn't heard the beautiful speech come from her obsession's beautiful lips. She mentally berated herself for letting herself get lost in thought again. What if he had been a youkai? What would she have to say for herself then? Sango stopped her train of thought when she heard him speak again.




'' Sango the glow from Kagome and Shippo's body seems to be detracting. Shall we go and see what has become of them? '' We waited patiently for a response and wasn't surprised that he didn't get one. He saw her run at fast speed toward the glowing figures of Kagome and Shippo. He chuckled to himself lowly. Oh how predictable his lovely, sweet Sango was. He was going to make sure she was his.




When they were both to the area where there friends were they each shared a gasp of shock and awe. Both of Kagome and Shippo looked different from what they were before.




Her hair, that now reached to the and of her rear, was a crimson red with midnight black streaks. The bangs went down to her shoulders and was the same color red but had numerous black strands that were starting to dominate the red here and there. Her skin was more tanned then before. Her school uniform didn't seem to look right on her body. The colors were seemed to clash with her new look. Then they were suddenly aware of her sharp claws as they glistened in the sun showing silver. She looked like a deadly angel. They wanted eagerly to see what her eyes looked like.




Shippo still had his red hair, that was now up to his shoulder, but it turned to the shade of Kagome's. His bangs were a bright red. His tale was thinned out and not as bushy as before. What drew there attention was what sat on his head twitching. Two kitsune ears sat atop his head. Both were the same color as his hair. The tips, though, were black the same color as his tale. Jagged black steaks ran down there length. They saw that he also the deadly silver claws. They both wondered what it meant.




They were both brought out of there thoughts when they heard a sharp intake of breath coming from behind indicating Inuyasha was witnessing what they both did before. Both of them moved unconsciously away from him as if he would strike them any minute. This seemed to go unnoticed by him as he drank in every feature of both Kagome and Shippo. He was totally miffed on how different she looked.




He was startled when he heard a groan from the figures below him. They were waking up. He quickly moved aside, not wanting the first person that saw be him. He wouldn't be surprised if she recoiled in fear from him. It was to be expected.




Kagome slowly opened her eyes and they rested on Sango's startled chocolate one's. She sent a questioning glance her way and then realized it was most likely because of the way she looked. Relief settled in her. She had thought that they would just reject. It seemed she was wrong.




Sango was indeed startled. Kagome's eyes were.....like wow. One of them was a crimson red while the other was green. They were a beautiful contrast and seemed to fit her face perfectly. Sango once again referred to the term ' Deadly Angel ' as her friends bangs frames her face. But that innocent look on her face made her look like a naïve teenager. Which Kagome tented to be sometimes. She smiled down at her best friend. This was one hell of a change.




Shippo soon stirred also. He clutched Kagome's shirt tightly and slowly opened his eyes. He heard collective gasp as he did so and opened them up faster just in case an evil threat was there to hurt his Okaa-san. He was going to protect her. He almost lost her before and he wasn't about to let it happen again. Wasn't he surprised when he saw the stares pointedly staring at him and Kagome. He blinked once. Twice. And then looked up at his Okaa-san.....only to find that that didn't look like his Okaa-san.






END FLASHBACK IN FLASHBACK





Kagome chuckled softly after that little memory. Shippo had fainted on the spot and earned a few sweat drops from everyone around. She had to admit though. She did look different. But she also had to admit. She loved the new look. At school she had to tell the principle that her disease made her hair and eye color change. Also as why her height had shortened. She sweat dropped. She never knew how naive ningens were.




She had learned all her new powers fairly quickly. It was easy enough for her and she was now in the process of teaching Shippo how to fight. Speaking of Shippo. She had known he was in her bag. But didn't mind. It would be nice to have him the same era as her. She just hoped he didn't meet her mother.




Kagome did forgive Inuyasha. She had promised him she would and she did. She just didn't trust him again. One of the reasons she had trained herself. The other reason was that she wanted her body to build up with power and have no way to let it out. Then it would slowly kill her from inside. Fortunately she had been able to maintain her miko powers. She had thought a struggle for dominance would ensue but just the opposite occurred. They seemed to be in balance. Like Ying and Yang. She found it odd but was always at peace because of it. Others seemed to find her aura comforting.




She shifted her backpack strap on her shoulder. The extra weight confirmed her suspicion's of Shippo being there. Kagome smiled a secret smile and decided to play along. When she had bonded with him she had gained some of his personality. Like his love of games. She was one with kitsune playfulness.




After a dusting off her clothes, Kagome stood up to open the well house door. She didn't wear her school uniform to the Feudal Era anymore. Instead she wore a pale green kimono with forest green leaves scattered around it. Red blossoms were on some of the leaves. Underneath the kimono was a plain forest green hakama. Black fighting slippers adorned her feet. She had many types of this outfit because of the many battles of the past.




The light from the sun beamed down on her red hair making the black steaks in it glisten. She stalked over to her house after checking her watch. Her mother was most likely out shopping and Souta was going to return from school in 2 hours. That gave her time to sleep in peace. She sighed. This day seemed to be a long one.




As she opened the door she swore she heard someone packing something her bedroom. It sounded strangely like packing. She praised her youkai senses as she realized it was her mother. What was she doing in her room.




Kagome raced up the steps mindful of Shippo in her backpack. She didn't know what was going on but she was definitely going to find out what. Her mom in her room spelled trouble for Kagome. Serious trouble.




When she got there she was shocked at what she saw.




The evil bitch was cleaning out her room. She had cleaned her mattress of its covers and threw all her clothes out of the closet. Her posters were off the wall and her C.D collection was currently in a messy stack by the door. Right now she was putting all her jewelry in her bag as if she was taking it. Kagome wouldn't be surprised if she did. She had tried many times to take off the necklace and ring on her person. But, strangely, it never came offhand when her mother tried to she'd get a minor born. Then Kagome would get another beating.




'' What are you doing in my room? And why are you taking out all my stuff? You have no business touching them or being in my room.'' Kagome was beyond pissed. The stupid woman always seemed to want to ruin her life. How she wished she wasn't a spawn of that evil woman.




'' I can do what I want to do. I'm kicking you out of the house and you can't do anything about it. But don't think you can take anything. I'm keeping all of your stuff. Try to live out there on your own.'' She then laughed a kind of evil, maniacal laughed. But soon stopped after her years of smoking finally caught up with her. She ended up coughing and sputtering. Kagome smirked despite the situation.




She wasn't angry or upset about it at all. She could finally be free of her abusive mother. She no longer had to hide in fear of her mother. She didn't have to stay awake all night to the torturous beatings or the hear the degrading names she called her. Kagome had a secret. She was afraid of her mother. Really afraid. Hell, she'd rather have a play date with Naraku then with her own mother. She knew it was wrong but she couldn't help it. Her mother was her first real fear and would probably be her worst one. Sometimes she wondered how anyone can be afraid of her own mother?




Her mothers horrid voice brought her out of her depressing but bright thoughts. Bright being she didn't have to live with her anymore. '' And I have another delightful news. This should sure as hell make you want to bawl your stupid eyes out.'' She had always been jealous of Kagome's new eye color.'' Are you ready to here about my wonderful news? ''




She was happy. Which meant Kagome shouldn't be. Now how was she to figure this out? Kagome eyed her mother warily and nodded her head slowly, not sure if she wanted to here this news. If possible, her mother's malicious smile just grew bigger.




'' Well, '' she seemed to draw out that word as if she were on a Game Show. '' I'm am '', she stepped forward slightly, '' Gladly not, '' Kagome's heart skipped a few beats in anticipation mentally noting that Shippo's did the same, '' Your real mother. '' Kagome expected confetti to be strewn about the room and a roar of applause but all there was an '' eh? '' from her.




Then she laughed as what her '' mother '' just said settled in. She found it extremely funny that what she had just been hoping only a few minute's ago had just come true. Her eyes were closed as she held her sides in mirth. When she opened them again she saw her former guardian gawking at her. And she had a reason too.




'' So I'm not your daughter, right? But is Souta your son? '' The woman nodded and Kagome smiled brightly. '' Well I'm taking him with me wherever I'm going. '' She shook her head as the woman made a move to protest. '' Nah, ah, ah. '' Kagome wagged her finger as if she were speaking to a child. '' You can't do anything about it either. Cause if you tell the police they'll find out of your abuse of me. And they'll believe me too. Because Gramps and Souta will back me up.'' She laughed again as the abusive female in front of her finally realized what Kagome said was true.




Kagome stepped forward and sorted through the clothes that were strewn about the floor while the woman stay stood gawking. She picked a few choice clothes and stuffed them in her backpack which instead was black then the yellow she used to use in the Feudal Era. After packing her necessities she put in all her battle outfits and laid her twin daggers on her bed next to the sword her grandfather gave her. She heard the gasp of surprise from her used to be mother and smirked. Hey, being with Inuyasha so long has changed her. She even cursed now.




She turned towards the person at the door only to see she wasn't there anymore. ' Probably afraid I'd kill her. ' Kagome thought wryly. She didn't care. She was about to kick her out anyway. Kagome closed the door and walked over to the edge of her bed where she laid her outfit for the day. Kagome looked at the corner, where she knew Shippo was hiding. She sighed. She really didn't want him to see that fight between her and the evil bitch.




'' Come out now Shippo. I know your there. And it’s okay. I won't punish you.'' And she wouldn’t either. She was glad he was here. Then he could meet Souta. She smiled again. The day was looking up for her after all.




Shippo slowly came out of his hiding spot. He knew that Kagome wouldn't go back on her word. But he was scared for her. Where was she going to go? She had no Mommy or Daddy. He knew he was lucky. While he had found another Mommy, Kagome lost one that didn't want her in the first place. All she had was him and Shippo promised to be the best son ever. And he would protect her. Maybe even find her another person to love. He never liked Inuyasha anyway.




Kagome watched the emotions showing on Shippo's young, adorable face. It had went from scared, to sad, to grateful, then sad again, then determination, then disgust. She was dizzy with trying to find out what they were about. But she also knew that she did the same thing. She shook her head of oncoming headache and opened her arms instinctively as Shippo came sailing into her arms.




'' Guess what, Momma? '' he said in rush,'' I can go through the well.'' Kagome chuckled softly. She really loved her son. Him and Souta were the only joys in her life. She set him on the bed gently and started taking off her fighting clothes.




'' Well, I think its because of your soul bond with me. The well recognized your connection to me and let you through. That means you can stay in the present with me Shippo. And you'll meet Souta. And I'll take you out for ice-cream and we can -'' Kagome was cut off by Shippo's voice.




'' But, Momma,'' he said quietly,'' Where are we going to stay. You can't stay here anymore cause then she'll hurt you.'' He suddenly looked up at her. '' But don't worry, I'll protect you.''




Kagome giggled at his antics. She really did love Shippo. '' Don't worry, kit. I already have a place in mind. It's with one of my friends from childhood. I'm sure he'll let me stay there for awhile.'' She put on a thoughtful look. It was true she was thinking of somewhere to stay. It had been a long while since she had seen him though. She smirked. He probably still hadn't changed. His mother had always been sweet. She did remember, though, that his father died.




Kagome finished dressing and looked herself over in her mirror. Her red hair cascaded down her back to end right below her rear. She wore a forest-green tank top that snuggled her newly acquired curves. On it said, in black letters, '' I Hear Voices And They Don't Like You.'' Her pants were baggy but snug on her hips and had green lining. She wore combat boots and put a green wrist band on her wrist.




She stuck her daggers on the straps of her waist ;one on each side. Her sword went into its sheath and was strapped to her waist also. She quickly put a spell on it so that no one would see it.




Looking at Shippo, she decided that he couldn't wear what he was wearing. The Feudal Era clothes made him look out of place and she wasn't sure if she could find anything to fit him. Suddenly she got an idea. She quickly ran to Souta's room and looked through his closet, looking around she found what she was looking for. It was some of Souta's baby clothes and they would fit Shippo perfectly. She ran back to her room and found Shippo waiting impatiently on her bed. Kagome walked over to him and gently picked him up to lay on her lap. After dressing him up she looked at her work.




Shippo was clad in a white shirt with blue stripes going across. His pants were blue sweats that were a little baggy on his small frame. Kagome had brushed his shoulder length hair and swept his light red bangs out of his eyes. Putting it into a ponytail at the nape of his neck and making sure it was tangle free Kagome was done. She had put a spell on him to hide his tail and his kitsune ears so that no one would see it.




Kagome shouldered her black duffel bag, put her backpack on her back, and picked Shippo up. She checked to make sure she had everything she needed and after it was confirmed she flew out the window landing safely on the Shrine grounds. She looked at the sky for a minute and then sped off. The only indication that she was even there were the blurs of black, red, and green.





END FLASHBACK





Kagome sighed. Actually there was no bad side to this. Everything was in favor of her. She resumed her running.




She had found one of her greatest assets was speed. She was faster then Inuyasha. Even Sesshomaru. And her height helped a great deal also. It made many youkai underestimate her. She usually slaughtered them before they could even blink. She valued her speed and no one had been able to beat her record. Yet. And if she could, she would like to keep it like that.




She had soon made it to the edge of Tokyo, where she knew her friend lived. She put more power into her speed and was soon standing in front of where he lived. She decided she was going to drop Shippo off and then go pick Souta up. Smiling she walked forward.







________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________< br>




Hey you guys. I'm sorry I haven't updated sooner. That's why I made this story extra interesting. I don't know how long it'll take to update this but I'll do it as soon as possible. And the first person to answer this question : Who is Kagome's friend? will get to pick what Kagome's next outfit will be.



Ja Ne