InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To See the Truth in Each Other ❯ A Family with Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To See the Truth in Each Other 
 
Chapter Three : A Family with Secrets
 
I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha
 
 
Souta checked his backpack for the fifth time his girlfriend would not be happy if he forgot even one thing from her list. His head still hurt from the last time she had smacked him for making her mad. Satisfied he threw the bag onto his back and headed down stairs. Nearing the bottom of the stairs Souta heard his sister crying. “Great.” He whispered softly dropping his bag near the door to the living room. “Let me guess the ass left you.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi glared at her son for some reason the last several months Souta had become hostile about Shuichi and Kagome's marriage. “You know what I don't care what happens to you.” Souta reached down grabbed his bag and left the house as his mother screamed him to return and apologize to his sister.
 
At the end of the stair case stood a figure next to a motorcycle. When Souta reached the bottom step, the figure threw a helmet at him before straddling the bike. Within seconds, the pair was speeding off.
 
………………………&# 8230;….
 
In a small diner a block away from the Higurashi Shrine a group of elderly priests set. “We have to do something our fellow priest and priestess are being killed.” A old man that looked like he was over two hundred said as almost every one agreed. A fifty year old man stood. “All these creatures seem to want is a miko named Midoriko if we give her to them then they will leave us alone.” Mr. Higurashi stumbled onto his feet glaring at the younger priest. “You think they will leave if we give them Midoriko. Blah, then you know nothing of demon or of legend. Midoriko has been dead for hundreds of years so they can not be looking for her. As for the demons even if we had Midoriko and gave her to them they would continue to attack till we are wiped out.”
 
“I remember the legend of Midoriko. She mistakenly forced her own soul from her body in an attempt to destroy a demon. So who is to say that they are not looking for her recarnation. We should find her and give her to them.”
 
“If the only thing that you want to do is sacrifice an innocent girl to blood thirst beast then do not count on my help.” The elderly Higurashi slowly began to walk towards the door as several of others began to also rise and leave the room.
 
“You know where the Miko is.” It was not a question but a statement. Mr. Higurashi stopped for only a moment before walking out the door. The fifty year old priest motioned for a young man that had been hidden to follow Higurashi. `Finally, my line will become the strongest there is once the Higurashi priestess is destroyed. Five hundred years they have over shadowed my family but no longer.'
 
………………………
 
Kagome had fallen asleep on her mother's couch. A couple of hours later her grandfather came in and went upstairs never noticing his granddaughter. It was nearly four in the morning when Kagome felt the pull to wake up. “MIDORIKO!” Kagome went to the door as fast as her growing stomach would allow.
 
Sliding the door open Kagome saw a huge ogre standing in the shrine's court yard. “A demon but they aren't real!” The demon began to reach for Kagome and like any normal woman faced with danger, she screamed. The ogre's hand fell to the ground with a load thump. Kagome jerked her head to the side to see her brother crouched holding a sword. “You are more trouble than you are worth. Get in the house and do not come out.” Kagome opened her mouth to respond. “Now!” Kagome entered the house just as her brother turned towards the giant ogre. “Why do I always have to fight the ugly ones? I mean I would love for just once have to fight a hot female. Oh well.” With one strike Souta beheaded the ogre.
 
Souta stepped into the house to find his mother standing at the base of the stairs and a near hysterics sister. “Crap.” Mom narrowed her eyes at Souta. “So how about them Cubs?”
 
End Chapter
 
Authors Note: Well I hope you like it. And so you all know I almost got decapitated during all this awful weather the piece of tin just missed me. I have thanked God several times for that half second. Well I hope everyone likes it. If you also read Roses I am working on it I hope that by the end of summer to have it finished.