InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 1: Make a Wish ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: (as Inuyasha gives a muffled curse) Right now I'm extremely thankful I don't own Inuyasha. Rumiko Takahashi has that honer. (runs away as Inuyasha breaks free of the rope holding him and gives chase) Oh yeah, reviews are at the end of the chapter-! (runs off stage with Inuyasha right behind her)T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E- -T-O-L-D
Chapter 1: Make a Wish
Morning comes soon for the little group. Kagome being the first to awaken to the loudness of the chirping birds and the sunshine in her face. She sighs and sits up, making sure not to disturb the kit sleeping beside her.
‘It’s too nice of a day, after all the bad things that have happened…’ Kagome glances down at Shippou, as the kit begins to awaken.
He soon yawns and opens his eyes. “Morning Ka- Kagome is that you!?” Shippou yelps, catching sight of Kagome.
“What’s wrong Shippou?” Kagome asks, frantically.
“Your hair! And eyes! And… and…” The shock seems to be too much for the young fox demon to handle as he almost faints.
“Shippou, what’s wrong?” Sango asks, sitting up. She see’s Kagome and her eyes widen. “Kagome…?” Sango elbows Miroku, who snorts and rolls over muttering something about someone, ‘bearing his child’, which causes Sango to growl and hit the perverted monk over the head. Miroku yells something and sits up quickly.
Of course, Miroku sees Kagome as well and his eyes widen in shock.
By now Kagome’s really confused and possibly a little frightened. “What’s wrong you guys?” A piece of silver hair with orange tips flutters into her view and her eyes widen. ‘No way! The dream was real? Is that possible?’ A million other thoughts run through Kagome’s head before she pulls a mirror out of her backpack, (which is conveniently placed right by her) and looks at her reflection.
“Oh- my- god…” Kagome murmurs.
Her hair is now silver with orange tips. Instead of rounded human ears, hers are now pointed very much like Shippou’s. Her eyes are forest green with hints of gold in them. A fluffy silver tail with orange tips is wrapped around her waist. On her cheeks are two stripes. The top one dark red and the bottom one orange. She has sharp claws and fangs now as well.
Shippou see’s the shocked look on Kagome’s face and creeps onto her lap, burying his face into her tail. “It’s okay Kagome…”
Kagome slips the mirror back into her backpack and looks over at Sango and Miroku.
“Kagome, do have any idea of what happened?” Sango asks gently.
“I had a strange dream… I made the first wish on the jewel. For some reason I wished to be half dog, half fox demon… The jewel granted my wish but the spirit told me it was mainly because I just had a disguise spell on me… That’s all I remember.” Kagome says.
Shippou removes his head from Kagome’s tail and looks up at her. “Maybe that’s why you smell the same.” At Kagome, Sango, and Miroku’s curious looks Shippou continues speaking. “Whenever Inuyasha changed into a human or full demon his scent changed. But even though Kagome’s a demon now, her scent hasn’t changed at all.”
“Kagome, you said something about you making the first wish in your dream. What do you mean?” Miroku asks.“The jewel is made up of four souls. Each soul grants a wish, I used up one so you guys can make yours.” Kagome says, pulling the glowing jewel out of her pocket.
“I don’t have a wish I want to make.” Miroku says. “Sango dear, what about you?”
Sango glares at him with the ‘Sango dear’ part. Miroku notices and leans over to whisper something in her ear, causing Sango to blush. Sango scoots away from Miroku carefully, so she doesn’t hurt her ribs further, before looking over at Kagome and holding out a hand, her brown eyes determined.
Kagome smiles faintly and hands Sango the jewel.
Sango takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, holding the jewel tightly. The jewel flashes bright pink, illuminating the area they are in. When the light clears, Sango gives a sob of relief and hugs her brother tightly.
After a few minutes of Sango talking to Kohaku, and telling him it wasn’t his fault that the villagers died, and that many people stronger than Kohaku had fallen to Naraku as well, Kirara starts tapping at the jewel.
They all turn to look at Kirara but have to shield their eye’s when the bright pink light fills the area again. When the light clears, they all look back over at Kirara, not noticing the jewel rolling on it’s own to Shippou.
Kirara looks up at Kagome and mews a few times, and a look of understanding crosses Kagome’s face. “Thank you, Kirara.” Kagome murmurs.
Kirara gives a happy mew, before falling over due to her paw.
“What did she wish for?” Kohaku asks quietly.
“She wished, for you all to age like demons, the same for your children, grandchildren, and so on. And for the well to be open for anyone who knows me, of this era and mine, and they have to have a pure heart.” Kagome says.
“A double wish?” Miroku asks.
Kirara mews. Kagome’s eyes widen. “Wow Kirara, I had no idea…”
“What is it Kagome?” Shippou asks, after picking up the jewel.
“Kirara’s the descendant of Midoriko’s companion fire-cat demon. The great granddaughter to be exact.”
“Holy chickens…” Miroku mutters, causing the others to stare at him in disbelief.
“Miroku… have you been reading any of my manga by any chance?” Kagome asks.
“Of course not Kagome. Why would I do a thing like that?” Miroku asks, oh-so-innocently.
“Then what was that ‘book’ thing you were reading a few days ago?” Shippou asks.
“It was nothing Shippou…” Miroku mumbles.during the whole conversation Kohaku sits there look confused as heck
Sango sighs and breaks the awkward silence that now fills the camp. “Shippou, is there a special wish you want to make?”
Shippou looks around the camp at everyone before nodding. Grasping the jewel in one hand, he closes his eyes and makes his wish.
For the third and last time that morning, the now familiar bright pink light fills the camp and then slowly fades. The jewel then floats from Shippou’s hand and shatters into microscopic pieces before zooming away into the sky.
A cool breeze picks up and sweeps through the camp as Sango, Miroku, Kagome, Shippou, and Kirara watch in amazement, at all the shimmering pieces of the jewel as they float away.
“It’s over…” Kagome says faintly. “Our mission is over and we no longer have to live in fear of Naraku or demons after the Shikon Jewel…”
Truly… their first mission is over... but truth be told, their second one is just beginning.
T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R- U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D
Shiro: (whistles as two dog demons and Kagome hover over her)
Kagome:You turned me ino a half demon!
Shiro: (coolly) You're not a half demon, that would be what Inuyasha is. You are simply a mixed demon, and I have a perfectly good reason for all of this but I'm not ready to reveil it yet. AND- (blinks twice) What is it Sesshoumaru?
Sesshoumaru: What purpose does this Sesshoumaru have in this foolish story?
Shiro: (tunes Sesshou out as Sango runs up with Kohaku)
Sango: Thank you soo much Shiro! I don't know how I'll ever repay you!
Shiro: (smiles as she hears a faint growling noise) Ano... Sango can you do me a favor?
Sango: Of course Shiro!
Shiro: Can you, Kagome, Shippou, Rin, and Kohaku handle everything while I go running through the stage and kill Kikyo for the 50th time this week while running from the two idiotic dog brothers?
Sango: *blinks twice* Umm... Well, sure Shiro we can do that, But what about Kitsune?
Shiro: She's just fixing up a dog demon proof lock on the frigde as well as everyone, but the dog brothers, bedroom doors. (smiles brightly) Thanks much! (takes off running as Inuyasha and Sesshou lunge) Haha! Missed me! (yelps and runs backstage)
Kagome: Well, since Shiro left us in charge we better make this quick.
Shippou: Whoever reviews gets a Kirara plushy! (disappears)
Sango, Kagome, and Kohaku: (sweatdrop)
Kagome: (sighs) You know, I can't help but wonder...
Sango: Where Miroku, Kohaku, Souta, and Shippou disappeared to?
Kagome: No- well, yeah, that too, but I can't help but wondering what Shiro has planned. She's so mysterious sometimes.
Sango: (turns red) Well, actually, I kind of know a little bit... But I swore I wouldn't tell! (runs off to help Kitsune)
Kagome: Well, that was different. Please review everyone! Reviews inspire Shiro, and please encourage her to let us know what's going one! Ja ne!