InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 2: Through the Ancient Well ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Inuyasha characters, however Kagome being half fox and half dog demon is my own idea. (Although, there's probably other stories with her half dog, half fox demon...)
T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U -T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D
Chapter 2: Through the Ancient Well
After Shippou had made his wish and the Shikon Jewel had disappeared, Shippou had announced that he was hungry. The others had laughed, clearing away some of the tension in the air. Kagome and Sango got started on some food, ramen of course, while Shippou and Miroku explained to Kohaku what exactly was going on and who everyone is.
“Kagome, pass me the instant ramen please, I’m going to make some for Kohaku, who knows when the last time he ate was.” Sango says.
“Of course Sango. Here you go.” Kagome says, handing the container of ramen to Sango.
Kagome sighs and looks at her clawed hands. ‘This is gonna take some getting used to…’
“Kagome! Miroku’s talking about things he shouldn’t be talking about!” Shippou yells, while Miroku frantically tries to stop Shippou from saying anything.
Sango suddenly appears behind Miroku. “Saying naughty things eh Miroku? BAD!”
-THUNK- Sango whacks Miroku in the head with Hiraikotsu while Shippou and Kohaku move quickly away.
“BAD(-THUNK-) MIROKU (-WHACK-) YOU IDIOT! (-SLAM-) HOW-
Miroku evades Sango’s last strike at him, grabs his staff and proceeds to run around the camp trying to keep away from Sango.
Shippou and Kohaku laugh happily while Kagome watches with interest and a mischievous gleam in her eyes.
‘Even though Sango doesn’t act like it, I can tell she loves Miroku. You can see it in her eyes. She doesn’t even hit him as hard as she did when they first met. And whenever Miroku meets a girl Sango gets so jealous. The same when Sango meets a guy. Miroku looked almost heart broken that one time, he didn’t even grope Sango that day… not that I know of anyway…’ Kagome thinks, chuckling slightly. ‘Strange… before I had thought that if anything were to happen to Inuyasha, I wouldn’t be able to stand it… so what changed…’ Kagome sighs and looks up into the trees, hoping to catch Inuyasha sitting in one of the trees. ‘Get a hold of yourself Kagome, he’s gone and nothing will bring him back… not now.'
“Kagome?” Shippou asks, jumping onto Kagome’s shoulder. “Miroku said a bad word.”
Kagome sweatdrops. "Did he? Maybe I should go try and keep Sango from killing him..." She mumurs.
“Sango was yelling it at Miroku. I think sis likes him.” Kohaku remarks thoughtfully.
Kagome smiles. “It took us a while to figure that out, didn't it Shippou?”
Shippou nods. “Hey ‘Gome, when’s the food going to be done?”
“In 5 minutes Shippou. When my timer goes off take the food off the fire, I’ve gotta go stop Sango from killing Miroku.” And with that said, Kagome takes off running, using her demon speed for the first time.
“I guess we get to cook today Kohaku.” Shippou says, turning his attention to the cooking ramen that Kagome and Sango had dumped into a large pot.
Kohaku simply watches Sango, Kagome, and Miroku.
“Sango!” Kagome yells running up to her friend. “Sango, wait ! Don’t kill Miroku, you know he always says things he doesn’t-!” Kagome yelps and dodges Hiraikotsu, which is on the return path to Sango.
“Sorry Kagome!” Sango yells, grabbing Hiraikotsu.
Kagome skids to a halt in front of Sango. “Sango, now’s not the time to be trying to kill Miroku! Besides,” Kagome brings her voice to a whisper as she stops beside Sango. “He seems to be Kohaku’s role model, I don’t think Kohaku would like it if you killed Miroku.”
Sango slowly turns to Kagome. “Truly Kagome, you may be able to replace Miroku. You have ten seconds.”Kagome yelps and takes off running seconds before Sango throws her Hiraikotsu. No, Sango’s not aiming to kill. She knows that since Kagome’s a youkai now she’ll be able to dodge it, and she wouldn’t get as hurt as a normal human wouldMiroku calmly goes over and sits down with Shippou and Kohaku, telling them all sorts of odd things without the girls over to hear.
A half hour later the boys are now eating ramen watching the girls do some play fighting. Sango is apparently teaching Kagome how to fight with a sword. Shippou and Kohaku are bored, to say the least, while Miroku seems mesmerized by the two girls fighting skills.
“Shippou. You’re a fox demon right? And Kagome’s half fox…” Kohaku says.
“Yeah, so?” Shippou asks, finishing off his 2nd bowl of ramen.
“Don’t you think you should teach her some fox skills? I heard once that demons learn best from other demons, the main branches though. Like the Dog families, the Cat families, the Dragons and so on.” Kohaku says, slowly eating his ramen.
“It’s the parents that teach the pups stuff. I’m just a pup, I can’t teach Kagome. She’s like my…” Shippou looks down at his ramen suddenly finding it more interesting than where the conversation is going.
Miroku has abandoned staring at the girls for a more fun past time. (For the moment anyway) Eavesdropping is so much fun!
“She’s like a mother to you isn’t she?” Kohaku asks.
Miroku chokes on his ramen as Shippou nods.
“I suppose it would be kind of odd to teach your mom something like that, but how else would she learn. This could be your chance to show off your cool fox skills. Give it a chance Shippou, it could be fun. Sis, had me do teaching lessons for some of the villagers a few times, it wasn’t too bad.” Kohaku says encouragingly.
“Okay. Thanks Kohaku.” Shippou says, before setting down his ramen cup and running over to Kagome and Sango, who are now taking a break.
“Kagome, can I ask you something?” Shippou asks.
“Of course Shippou, what’s up?” Kagome asks curiously.
“Would it be okay if I taught you some fox magic? I know I’m only a kit and my magic isn’t very strong, but I could help…”
“Of course Shippou. I’d be delighted if you’d teach me. I need all the help I can get!” Kagome says enthusiastically.
And so, for the next month Kagome got training from Sango, Shippou, Miroku, and even Kohaku. Sango with the swords and self-defense (which she claimed she needed to defend herself against ‘that perverted idiot and the rest of the male species’ ), Miroku with spiritually powers (oddly enough, Kagome kept her holy powers.) Shippou with fox demon skills, and Kohaku helped out with tracking (in other words, he would go off into the woods and see how long it would take Kagome to find him.)
Kagome seemed to have an enormous supply of energy that never seemed to disappear. At night she stayed up late usually getting 4 hours of sleep at the most. Shippou mentioned something about grown-up youkai not needing very much sleep.
By the time the month was over, her friends had taught her all they could, and Kagome was ready to head back to her time in order to catch up on school and see her family.
Up 3 hours before the sun had risen Kagome had already eaten breakfast, fix breakfast for the others and was ready to leave by the time the others woke up.
“Well, I’m off to my time guys! Don’t have too much fun without me!” Kagome says, as she grabs her incredibly light backpack off the floor.
“You’re leaving already Kagome?” Kohaku asks surprised.
“I’ve got some tests that I’m fully prepared for, for once. I’ve had a lot of extra time so I was able to study. I’ll only be there for about a week so I can get the tests over with and pick up my homework for the next month. I’ll be back before ya know it! See you later guys!” Kagome speeds off after saying the last two words, leaving two surprised demon slayers and a confused monk.
"Did anyone catch what she said?" Sango asks.
Shippou sighs. "Something about tests, and studying, and homework." He replies. "She was talking too fast for me to catch anything else."
“Kagome has a lot of energy doesn’t she?” Kohaku asks quietly.
“I’m thinking it has to do with her being half fox demon now. Foxes are known for their spirit, impatience, and cunning nature. It’s only reasonable that she has a lot of energy. If she didn’t, I’d be worried.” Sango replies.
The boys sigh and start eating breakfast, wondering what else could happen. After all that has happened could they be any more surprised? Truth be told… yes…T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H --B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D
Shiro: (happily) Well, that was a fun chapter to write. Couldn't resist the humor, it was calling me.
Kitsune: Aren't you going to introduce your muse?
Shiro: ^_^ of course! Everyone, this is Keitaro, he's half fox, half cat demon. Nicknamed Kei-kun and he's a pervert just as bad as Miroku.
Keitaro: (sweatdrops) I'm not that bad!
Shiro: Well, that's true... Please review, everyone!