InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 19: Conflict Arises ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Still don't own either of them.
Chapter 19: Conflict Arises
School- 8:25- MathKagome, Sango, Miroku, and Kurama walk into the room together. The entire class and teacher almost faints due to Kagome’s new uniform. All the girls send Kagome a death glare for being near ‘their’ Shuichi.
Math- 9:15Sango and Miroku have each gotten asked out at least 5 times already. Miroku tried to say yes to one, only to get knocked out by Sango. The two get detention for ‘disrupting the class’.
History- 10:05Mr. Iwamoto gave Kagome, Sango, and Miroku detention for ‘not wearing the right uniform’ or as Yusuke put it, ‘being potential rule breakers’. Yusuke got detention for speaking out in class. Twice.
History- 11:45Sango punched out a boy who kept bugging her about going out. She got a weeks detention and the boy had to be carried to the nurses office.
Science- 12: 58Kagome’s banging her head on her desk due to stress. Sango’s grumbling something about immature perverted monks. And Miroku and Keiko are the only two truly still paying attention at all in their small group.
Lunch- 1: 10The whole group meets on the rooftop for lunch to talk about her day. Kagome and Yusuke decide to complain to each other about all the idiots at the stupid school. Then they decide which class to skip together.Sango hears the two’s plan and asks who’s going to show her and Miroku to class. Kagome volunteers Keiko for the job, getting an exasperated sigh from the brown haired girl.
P.E.- 1: 30Fortunately, this class passed with no incidents for both the girls and the boys. Sango felt it was rather boring compared to the rest of the day. Kagome secretly agreed.
English- 2: 45Kagome and Yusuke skipped this class, leaving Keiko and Kurama to show Miroku and Sango where this class is. At this point, Sango and Miroku have received over a dozen date offers each. Both of them are sick of it.
Art- 3:54Kagome and Yusuke happily go to this class, as it’s the only class with a nice teacher. The teacher has been nicknamed, ‘Miss Moony’ by the class, and she allows them to call her that as long as they do their work.
After detention- Higurashi Shrine
“We’re home!” Kagome yells after walking through the door with Sango and Miroku.
“Momma!” Shippou yells, blurring into Kagome’s arms. “Gueswhat,momma? Kuramawalkedushometodayandhegavemecandy! Isn’tthatcool? IlikeKurama,he’snice,andhe’safoxtoowhichisevenbetter! And-!”
Kagome sighs and walks into the living room and sets Shippou down on the couch.
Kohaku looks at the babbling Shippou and leans over to whisper to Souta, “Maybe we shouldn’t have let him eat all that candy before dinner…”
Kagome glares at the two boys before turning to face Sango. “Up for a girls night?”
Sango shrugs. “Why not. Will it be just us?”
Kagome shakes her head no before starting up the stairs. “I say we call Shizuru, Keiko, Botan ,and Yukina too.”
“Good idea, Kagome.” Sango says, following Kagome up the stairs.
“Where are you girls going?” Miroku asks, ready to follow them up the stairs.
Kagome turns and resists glaring at Miroku. “We’re going up to my room to escape our boring lives and call the girls for a girls night. You follow, we will give you a make over.”
Miroku gulps before walking to the living room to join the other boys.
-------
About a half hour later, Kagome and Sango run downstairs. Each of them have their own bag.
“Well boys, have fun tonight.” Sango says.
Kohaku and Souta turn their attention away from the game Miroku and Shippou are playing.
“Where are you two going, sis?” Kohaku asks.
“We’re going over to Genkai’s temple so we can spend time with the other girls. Just a girls night out.” Sango explains, while Kagome goes to the kitchen to tell her mom and grandpa.
“Great,” Souta comments. “So we’re stuck here with mom, grandpa, a perverted monk, and an over hyperactive kit. Gee thanks, Sango.”
Kagome walks back into the room. “Souta, it’s your and Kohaku’s fault Shippou’s hyper to begin with. Besides, Miroku’s not too perverted when there’s no girls around. At least,” She pauses to glare at Miroku’s back. “he better not be.”
Sango glares at Miroku’s back as well. “You hear that, Miroku?! You tell these boys anything perverted or anything that has a perverted meaning, and we’ll bash your head in!”
Miroku nods without taking his eyes off the TV screen.
“Okay then…” Sango mutters.
Half Hour Later- Genkai’s Temple
Kagome breaths heavily as she reaches the top of the stairs to Genkai’s home. “Hey Sango, remind me to never walk up those stairs without having a better reason ever again.”
Sango raises an eyebrow. “Kagome, that was nothing compared to the miles we walked every single day with the slave driver.”
“He wasn’t that bad,” Kagome says defensively.
Sango gives her an odd look.
“Okay, but maybe he was, but you can’t blame him!”
“I can and will.”
“It’s about time you two showed up,” Shizuru remarks for her greeting. “We were starting to think you got lost.”
“Lost? Us?” Kagome says in mock surprise. “Why Shizuru, I’ll have you know I have the best sense of direction!” She pretends to trip over a rock, and then the three girls start to giggle.
“It’s going to be a long night, isn’t it.” Sango remarks.
Shizuru smiles. “I brought every scary movie and sappy romance movie that I own.”
“Of course,” Kagome says. “The scary movies are nothing compared to some of the stuff we’ve seen.”
“True, but it’s still fun to turn off the lights and scare each other.” Shizuru says. “Now lets get inside, Keiko, Botan, and Yukina are waiting for you two inside.”
At seven o’clock Genkai walks past the living room and past 6 sobbing idiot girls watching sappy romance movies.
“No! Why did he have to -hic- leave!” Keiko sobs before blowing her nose on a tissue.
“Poor Hinata-san!” Kagome says, sniffing.
Genkai shakes her head. “You girls are idiots. Crying over a stupid movie when you could be doing something more useful.”
Botan grabs a tissue and wipes her eyes before saying, “We’re about to start on the scary movies if you’d like to join up, Genkai-sama.”
“I have meditating to do. Don’t wake me up in the middle of the night screaming, I won’t tolerate that.” Genkai says before walking past the room.
The six girls exchange glances and blink before cracking up. It seems that hyperactivity has already hit them.
The Park
After searching for Yusuke for nearly an hour, Kurama comes upon the park and decides to check there for Yusuke. He’s already gotten permission from Mrs. Higurashi, Shippou, Souta, Kohaku, Atsuko, Miroku, and Sango. Now the only one who’s left is Yusuke.
Kurama sighs inwardly. ‘This will be difficult.’-‘It can’t be that bad.’- Youko says.
‘Youko, you do know how stubborn Yusuke is, correct? He and Kagome have grown closer in three weeks. It will most likely be harder to get permission from him.’
-‘We’ll merely have to prove to him we can take care of her.’-
Youko replies stubbornly.
Kurama looks around the park, searching for the familiar green clad boy. ‘And how do you suggest we do that?’-‘If she’s ever attacked we’d save her.’-
‘We’d do that anyway.’
Kurama says, finally spotting Yusuke. ‘There he is.’
-‘Ask him. We don’t think like he does anyway.’-
Kurama quickly makes his way over to Yusuke, who is resting on a bench for an unknown reason.
Yusuke looks up as Kurama approaches. “Hey Kurama, what’s up.”
“I have something I want to ask you.”
One minute later…
Yusuke stares at Kurama for a minute. “Let me get this straight. In order to date my cousin you need permission from her closest family members. You even got permission from Kohaku, Sango, and Miroku.” At Kurama’s nod, Yusuke continues. “And now you’re asking me. Last.” Kurama nods again, and Yusuke sighs. “I’ll have to think about it Kurama. You’re my friend and all, but my cousin’s already been hurt once and there’s no way in hell that I’ll let her go through that again.”
Kurama nods for the third time. “I understand, Yusuke. I will wait for your decision.” He turns to leave Yusuke alone to think.
“Hey Kurama!” Yusuke calls to him.
Kurama stops and glances back to Yusuke. “Yes?”
“I know you didn’t really have to ask me, but thanks for doin’ it anyway.” Yusuke grins. “It does mean a lot to me.”Kurama bows his head slightly in acknowledgement before walking back to his home.
Yusuke sighs and falls back on the bench. ‘Damn…’
Genkai’s Temple- 11:25 p.m.
“AHHHHHH!!!” All the girls scream as the bad guy jumps out. Then they all exchange glances and crack up, one of them pausing the movie.
“Oh gods, we probably sound like complete idiots.” Sango says, tears of laughter springing to her eyes.
The girls laugh for a few minutes more before they calm down.
“Okay, lets get back to the movie.” Kagome says, before reaching for the remote.
BOOM! Sizzle…
All of the girls jump and cling to one another as the electricity goes out, leaving them in complete darkness.
“Wh-what’s going on?” Yukina whispers.
“I don’t know. Maybe a fuse blew or something. Hang on.” Kagome says, getting up the best she can.
“Kagome, what are you doing?” Sango’s voice drifts from Yukina’s left.
“I’m looking for- OUCH! Damn it! Stupid table.” They hear a thump from Kagome’s direction.
“Kagome?” Botan asks. “Kagome, are you alright.”
A chill runs down Shizuru’s spine. “There’s something here.”
Yukina whimpers and tugs her soft blue blanket closer to herself.
“I’m getting up.” Keiko says, trying to make her voice not waver. “This is ridiculous, we need a light of some sort.”
Sango feels the couch cushion shift as Keiko gets up.
“Hey Yukina, do you know where Genkai keeps candles or flashlights?” Keiko asks, bumping into something.
Yukina shakes her head ‘no’, before remembering that Keiko can’t see her. “I don’t know, Keiko. We’ve never had any electric problems.” She says worriedly.
The girls hear a second thud.
“Keiko, are you alright?” Shizuru asks. “Keiko?”
“Maybe she left the room.” Botan suggests.
“Should one of us check?” Sango asks, searching for any light at all.
“No, I think it would be better if we stayed together.” Shizuru replies after a moment. “With us not knowing what happened to Keiko and Kagome, it’s for the best.”
“But we can’t just sit here!” Sango protests. “Kagome and Keiko may be hurt, and we can’t see a damn thing! I’m not going to sit here and wait for something to happen!”
The remaining four girls on the couch are silent for a minute.
“So, uh, who’s coming with me?” Sango asks.
Shizuru, Botan, and Yukina sweat drop.
Suddenly a bright light fills the room and a shadowed figure jumps in front of them.
“HAAA!”
“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!R 21; The girls scream, scrambling over the back of the couch.
The lights turn back on and laugher echoes from one corner of the room. Botan, Shizuru, Yukina, and Sango stop screaming in shock, and stare at Kagome and Keiko who are both laughing their asses off. Sango hesitantly peeks over the couch to see Genkai standing there, smirking.
Shizuru glares at the laughing vixen and human before cracking her knuckles. “You two are dead!”
Sango whips around and nods in agreement. “You had us worried!”
Kagome holds her hands up defensively. “Hey, it was Genkai’s idea!”
All the girls turn to Genkai only to find she’s no longer in the room.
“Well, I guess attempting to beat up Genkai will have to wait,” Shizuru says, now calm. “What do you say we all get some sleep.”
The other girls agree and set up their sleeping bags and sleeping area. Of course, halfway through a certain vixen had to start a pillow fight. By the end of the pillow fight most of the room was and still is covered in feathers. The girls calm themselves down to the best of their abilities, borrow Genkai’s pillows, and go to sleep.
Spirit World
Koenma tiredly reads over a report on Sari from one of the spirit guides. His eyes widen at one area. “WHAT!?”George- the blue ogre- is so startled that he drops the papers he is carrying to Koenma. “Koenma-sir, is something wrong?”
“Is something wrong? OF COURSE SOMETHING’S WRONG! I just found out that Yusuke and the others will have to go through another tournament just to challenge Sari! And what’s worse, I promised I’d tell Lord Sesshoumaru any news regarding her whereabouts and how to get rid of her.” Koenma moans.
“And, that’s a bad thing?” George asks.
Koenma sighs worriedly. “Look, Lord Sesshoumaru has his own team who are friends with Yusuke and the others. The leader of his team is Yusuke’s cousin and Kurama’s crush. No doubt Lord Sesshoumaru will have Team Shikon fight in the tournament. And while this increases our chances, it causes problems as well since the two teams will wind up fighting eventually. Both are equally skilled and those battles will be hard not only physically, but emotionally as well. You know Yusuke won’t let anyone harm his family or close friends, so it will be exceptionally hard on him if someone else goes up against Kagome.” Koenma rubs his eyes tiredly. “I’ll have to inform Lord Sesshoumaru of this tomorrow. My brains overloading right now and I’m tired. That’s not a good combination.” He hops down from his chair and walks past George.
“George, please clean this up before you leave. I’ll have enough to deal with tomorrow as it is.” Koenma says as he walks out of the room.
Georges eyes fill with tears. “He called me by my name… I’m so happy! I didn’t think he remembered it.”