InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 23: Team Shikon verses Team Kamikaze ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: (cackles) I'M ALIVE!

Kitsune: We're well aware of that. Thank you.

Shiro: (rolls eyes) You're no fun, Kit.

Kitsune: I do try. Introduce your yami and lets get this over with.

Shiro: Fine, fine. Everyone this is my yami/Dark, Kalysta. We all call her Bast though. And that's her friend Kyle, who we just call Kyle.

Bast: It's always fun to call him Bastet to get him riled up.

Kyle: Don't give her any more idea's, please Bast.

Shiro: (grins) Well, I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I do own any and all original characters in this story and the plot.

n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n

Chapter 23: Team Shikon verses Team Kamikaze

“Alright! Now that the matches have been decided to go one-on-one,” Koto shouts over the crowd. “Will the teams please send up their first fighters!”

Miroku automatically steps forward. “I’ll go.” He says, eying the blue-haired wind demon.

“Be careful, Miroku.” Sango murmurs.

Miroku smiles charmingly at her. “Why, Sango, if you’re so worried perhaps a good-luck kiss is in order.”

Sango gives Miroku a look. “I’m not that worried. Now get your hand back to where it belongs before I make you do it.”

Miroku quickly removes his hand and gives Sango an innocent look. Then he turns to walk up to the ring.

“Miroku, wait a second!” Sango calls, jogging over to him.

Miroku stops, and turns around to face Sango, puzzled as to what she wants.

Sango smiles, stands up on the balls of her feet and kisses Miroku on the cheek. “For good luck.” She says, a blush appearing on her cheeks.

Miroku nods, a blush barely apparent on his own face. “Thank you, my dear Sango.”

“Get out there, Miroku. We don’t want to make the other team too impatient.” Shippou comments.

“Yes,” Miroku agrees. “That would be a misfortune that we have no need of.” After saying this, Miroku walks up onto the fighting ring where the blue-haired wind apparition is already waiting.

“Alright!” Koto shouts. “The first match will be between Hokage from team Kamikaze and Miroku from team Shikon!”

“Three, two, one, FIGHT!” Koto shouts, dancing out of the way as Hokage shoots forward at Miroku. Miroku easily brings up his staff and blocks the attack, and the holy energy surrounding the staff makes the demon shoot back a few feet.

“Your good for a human, but your nowhere near my level.” Hokage says, pulling a beaded necklace off his neck. Suddenly, his aura erupts around him, showing he’s stronger than was thought.

“Miroku!” Kagura yells, surprising the rest of the team. “Be careful! He’s an A-class demon!”

Miroku nods slightly to show he heard and then he pulls out several sutra. “Then I’d better finish this quickly. There’s no time to pull it out… HOURIKI!”

To the entire group’s surprise, the wind demon easily catches the sutra. “Nice try monk. Now it’s my turn.”

Miroku hears Sango scream his name before everything goes black.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Up in the stands Sari smirks. ‘One down, four more to go.’ Drawing her blood red cloak around her, she makes her exit. Two cloaked forms stand beside her the entire time. One has a navy blue cloak and the other has a yellow one.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Sango stands up and steps away from Miroku, her brown eyes narrowed in hatred and contempt. “I’m going next.” She growls out, pulling on her mask.

“Sango, maybe you should reconsider!” Shippou says concerned. “You shouldn’t charge into battle when you’re angry! You said that one yourself!”

Sango notices the lightning apparition walk onto the ring and smirk at her. “No, I will go now. Take care of Miroku for me. Ki-” Sango freezes in her sentence and shakes her head. ‘I forgot that Kirara isn’t even here and defiantly isn’t a regular fire-cat.’ She heaves a sigh and walks up onto the ring.

“This next match is between Team Shikon’s Sango, the demon slayer, and Team Kamikaze’s Raikou, the lightning apparition!” Koto shouts. “Fighters, get ready! 3...! 2...! 1...! GO!” She yells, rolling out of the way as Sango launches her Hiraikotsu at the demon.

A bolt of lightning streaks out from the demon’s hands and knocks the Hiraikotsu away. The large boomerang then slams straight into one of the walls, where it stays embedded.

Frustrated at the loss of her main weapon, Sango draws her sword, thankful that it’s nonmetallic and is instead made from demon bones, as all of her weapons and armor are. Quickly, she lunges toward the lightning demon only to run into a barrier. With a frustrated cry, she backflips out of the way, just in time to avoid the swing of Raikou’s lightning sword. She pauses on the other side of the ring, tuning out Koto’s announcing in favor of analyzing the situation.

‘Okay, so this Raikou guy has some sort of shield that will only allow him to attack. But how? All shields usually have a weakness in that area because- When he’s attacking, he allows that body part to leave the barrier. So when he attacks me, I have to swing at the arm with the sword. If I possibly can…’ She glances down at the area where the poisons tucked into her sash. ‘It just might work. I have to be extremely fast and careful though…’

Raikou comes at Sango with his sword. This time, Sango is ready for his attack. She blocks his attack with her sword using one arm and with the other slips one of her more deadly poisons in Raikou’s sleeve. Sango dives for the outer edge of the ring and has to roll before getting up. Once she’s up, Sango easily sheathes her sword and looks down at the now-dead Raikou.

“I am not one to be underestimated.” She says darkly. “I may be human, but I can and will win.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The battles go on. Kagura went up against the blonde wind apparition, ironically named Kaze, and lost. Then Kagome went up against a lilac-haired wind demon named Adriana. Now it’s Shippou’s turn.

“And now we have Shippou from Team Shikon! And Souten from Team Kamikaze!” Koto announces.

“Souten!” Shippou, Sango, and Kagome all exclaim.

Sure enough, Souten, the little sister of Hitan and Manten they met 500 years in the past, steps up onto the ring. While she was very young all those years ago, she’s grown up now and looks more around 21.

‘I must be brave, I must be brave, I must be brave…’ Shippou chants over and over again in his mind.

“And 3... 2... 1... GO!” Koto yells for the fifth time.

A bolt of lightning streaks down in Shippou’s direction. Shippou quickly moves out of the way and pulls out a few leaves. “Fox transformation! Multiply!” In a burst of greenish smoke, a bunch of Shippou’s appear on the ring. “Charge!” One of them, most likely the real Shippou, yells.

Fox fire attacks blindingly fill the ring and yells can be heard from Souten as a few of the Shippou’s bite her. Because of the blinding fox-fire attacks, not much can be seen through the flames and smoke from illusions and lightning snapping at everything. Sounds soon stop and everyone looks at the ring in anticipation. Kagome, Sango, and Kagura all tense up, waiting fearfully for the name of the winner.

Koto coughs and peers through the smoke. “I don’t believe the outcome of this fight. It appears the young kitsune is the winner! But is Souten truly out?”

“Use your senses, Koto. She’s unconscious.” Shippou’s voice rings back clearly.

Kagome relaxes. “Thank kami… my son is alive…”

Sango looks at Kagome in alarm. “Kagome, are you alright?!” She lets out a sharp gasp as Kagome collapses at her feet. “Kagome! Kagome, wake up!”

“Momma!” Shippou yells, jumping off the ring and running over to them. “Sango, what happened?! Why’d momma collapse like that?”

In the ring, Koto is announcing the winner. “Seeing as how Souten is unconscious and therefore unable to battle, Team Shikon’s Shippou is the winner of this match, making Team Shikon the winner of this fight!”

Many cheers echo across the stands. Two wolf demons escort Yukina down to the bottom so she can check on Miroku and Kagome and Team Urameshi rushes down from the stands.

Yukina quickly looks over Miroku first. “He’s alright Sango. He just got hit really hard in the head. There’s a possibility of him having a concussion, but nothing beyond that.”

Sango nods. “It’s really a surprise it hasn’t happened before…”

Yukina gives a small smile and then moves over to Kagome, who’s being cradled in Kurama’s arms and has Yusuke and Shippou close nearby.

“Has any of you fools considered moving them to our rooms?” Kagura asks. “The next match will take place soon and I have no wish to be caught in the middle of it.”

The others pay attention to her words.

“That does make sense. Yusuke, what floor are your rooms on?” Sango asks, motioning Kuwabara over. “Kazuma, can you carry him?”

Kuwabara nods.

“Top floor.” Yusuke replies.

“Ours are on the third.” Sango says with a frown. “We’ll go there and then you can explain why you’re here.”

“Koenma sent us here, what do you think?!” Yusuke yells.

Kagura rolls her eyes and steps in between the two. “You can argue all you want later. But not here. Let’s get them up to the room first and then you can.”

Quickly, the two teams make their way back to the hotel-like building and take the elevator to the third floor. From there, it takes them five minutes just to get to Team Shikon’s room. Now the two teams sit in silence while they wait to hear what Yukina has to say about Kagome’s condition. Kurama nervously paces the room, Yusuke sits there shredding a piece of paper he found, Sango hovers over Miroku’s unconscious form, Shippou sits on the couch beside Botan, his forest green eyes flickering around the room constantly, Hiei sits on the windowsill, looking outside at the forest, Kagura is in the small kitchen area making everyone tea, and Kuwabara is sitting on the other side of Shippou, trying to keep himself entertained so he doesn’t go nuts.

After about ten minutes, Yukina finally walks out of the room. Everyone’s attention becomes focused on her at this moment.

“I’m afraid there may be some bad news…”

n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n O-o o-O n-n

Shiro: Ooo, isn't I evil? First I don't write for a long time and then I leave it on a cliffie. (grins) Oh well.

Kitsune: (rolls eyes) Pyschopath...

Shiro: Truth be told, I never meant for the ending to turn out like this. It just kinda happened. I don't know how, but it did.

Bast: Now you just have to figure out what's wrong with Kagome.

Shiro: (sweatdrops) Yeah, that's about right. Kinda forgot about that...