InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 23 – A New Evil ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha cocked his head back to lean against the corner he had fallen into. He put a hand to cover his eyes from the dull moonlight escaping into the room from a window across the hall. He let out a large sigh and Kagome shifted in her sleep. He uncovered his eyes and gazed at her briefly…
He mumbled a few short words to him self. “How could I forget…Kagome already killed Kikyo…” He looked back down and dropped his arms to his knees, `I forgot because I wasn't the one that killed her…Kagome did…'
Inuyasha didn't know what to think, Kikyo was gone but he had the weird nightmare as if she was still alive, and he could see into the future. A sweaty hand touched his forehead, interrupting his thoughts.
“Inuyasha…is everything all right?” Kagome asked just loud enough for his sensitive hearing to pick it up.
Inuyasha never looked at her and just gave a false smile. “Everything is fine.”
“Well come back to bed why don't you.”
“I'll be there in a second, I'll just check on the boys.”
Inuyasha slowly stood up leaving Kagome kneeling beneath him. As he was walking away Kagome grabbed hold of his pant leg.
“You are sure everything is alright?” Kagome asked wanted to get some reassurance
“Worry about me in battle, not now…”
“I always worry Inuyasha, because I love you.”
Finally Inuyasha was caught out of his daze and returned to Kagome's side. He gave her a hand up and pulled her into a hug.
“We all love you Inuyasha, don't ever forget that…”
Inuyasha captured her lips and a romantic and tender kiss.
Inuyasha spoke into her mouth, “Thank you Kagome.”
Kagome let go and rested her head on his chest just as two small whimpers came from in the living room.
“They are probably hungry, I'll go and get them, and you should go wipe your face Inuyasha you're dripping in sweat.”
With that said Kagome slipped passed him and went to go care for the boys. Inuyasha just watched her for a few seconds before he did what he was told and walked into the bathroom and quietly closed the door behind him. Inuyasha splashed some water on his face and dabbed the towel on his face.
“That feels much better”
When he exited the bathroom and walked back to the bedroom Kagome was sitting with two bottles handling the boys with difficulty. He sat down next to her and took one and started feeding. Over a course of a good hour or so switching between feeing and burping the boys where once again is sweet slumber. Inuyasha and Kagome where used to have to wake up in the middle of the night to slay demons but not nearly as often.
“Inuyasha, I really want to go back to the feudal era.” She said as she cuddled closer to him.
Lately Inuyasha seems to have lost some of his spark, the thing that gave him enthusiasm and excitement, ignorance and bravery. It's like part of him died, that or he was…bored. Inuyasha caressed Kagome's cheek and let in a whiff of her sweet sent.
“I would really like that.”
Kagome smiled, “besides I really want to see Sango and Miroku and show them Tanjiro and Ichiro.”
“Well lets get as much rest as we can and we can head over there whenever your ready Kagome.” He then muttered, “Now that mangy wolf can never have Kagome, now that we have two sons.” He smirked; satisfied that he finally beat Koga to Kagome.
Kagome was pulling herself under the comforter and getting settled when she heard Inuyasha mumble and asked. “What was that Inuyasha?”
“Oh nothing, just talking to myself.”
But he replied to late because Kagome was already grasping onto his arm like a teddy bear, sleeping.
Two ice blue eyes opened in the darkness and they snickered as they watched Inuyasha and Kagome through a smoggy broken mirror.
“There are only more nightmares to come.”