InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 22 – A Nightmare ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Now both Inuyasha and Kagome had been up almost all night with their boys, who now lay asleep in their arms. Kagome and Inuyasha left to the bedroom and snuggled against each other. Kagome rested her head on Inuyasha's shoulder and closed her eyes. Tanjiro who was sleeping, nestled snuggly in Kagome's arms, and soon Inuyasha rested his head on top of hers. Kagome was fast asleep within seconds and Inuyasha set Ichiro on the foot of the bed beside him than the same with Tanjiro. Inuyasha pulled back the covers and tucked his Kagome in.
`She needs as much rest as she can get.' He thought
Inuyasha grabbed his sons and left the small master bedroom back to the living room. He gently kicked the door closed behind him, so not to wake Kagome. When he entered the living room he yawned and placed the babies in the crib there. He looked at his watch and it read three twinty-one. He then turned on the stereo quietly and lies back on the couch. Inuyasha had his eyes half open and starred at the ceiling, he was deep in thought.
`This world is like my home now; Kagome and I live in this apartment. Kagome even had a part job in a hair salon, but what about my era? We have to go back there sooner or later. Besides I have to get rid of…Kikyo. For Kagome and I to be truly happy with no distractions.'
When That name finally came back to him he knew that his relationship with Kagome would be ruined if she where to ever show up again.
`I won't ditch Kagome for Kikyo. Kagome bared me two sons I can't just…leave them. I have to lay Kikyo to rest without Kagome finding out.'
Inuyasha's thoughts made him weary allowing him finally to put his eyes to rest.
(Inuyasha's dream)
Kagome was in her time and would be coming to the feudal era any time now with the boys that where now both eight years old. Inuyasha was walking past the sacred tree when his ears picked up something. Slowly bringing his hand to his sword he called out to them.
“Who's there?”
Inuyasha waited a moment and Kikyo revealed herself from behind a tree. Her eyes where filled with sadness and bitterness.
“Kikyo…?”
“Inuyasha, I was expecting you.”
“What are you doing here?”
“What? Do you not feel happy in my presence?”
Inuyasha didn't say anything, but kept his eyes fixed on Kikyo.
“Leave now! Before I have to kill you.”
“Is that what you want, is my death?”
“Just leave.”
“Did you think that you could keep the secret of your sons from me forever?”
Inuyasha's eyes widened, Kagome and him have been in the Feudal era almost everyday since the boys where old enough to walk. But how did Kikyo find out about their children, news doesn't spread that fast, and besides they only stayed around the village.
“We where going to live together, have children together,” Now Kikyo was crying. “But instead you lied to me, and betrayed me, and had all of our dreams of living together and having children with that dumb girl.”
Kikyo shook her head to shake off the tears; she grabbed an arrow and positioned her bow. Inuyasha was shocked, he hated seeing woman cry. Just then he heard one of his boys voices. It was his youngest.
“Daddy!” Tanjiro yelled
“Don't you dare bring my kids or Kagome into this.”
“Shut up!”
Ichiro called after his slightly younger brother, than by Kagome. Kagome gathered her boys and looked up, the smile fading away off her face. Kikyo had the slyest smile on her face and let go of her arrow. Inuyasha was once again pinned to the tree and watched as Kagome, Ichiro and Tanjiro where sealed in a barrier, only able to watch.
Kikyo walked over to Inuyasha who was struggling to get free. She placed her hand on his cheek and he starred into her eyes.
“We can finally have that family I always dreamed of.”
“Let them go, I have no desire of ever being with you.”
Kikyo put a finger to his lips and have him a gentle kiss. Inuyasha was not numbed in his arms and he pulled Kikyo off of him. He jerked his head to the side and noticed that a large amount of miasma was seeping into the barrier his family was in. One by one, Tanjiro being the first then Ichiro, then slowly Kagome, all wavered to the ground. They inhaled too much of the poisonous gas and where unconscious. Inuyasha started to cry and Kikyo pulled the arrow out causing him to fall to her feet.
(End of dream)
Inuyasha rose up off the couch and saw the boys still sleeping then ran to the bedroom. Kagome was lying on her side and was still sleeping soundly. When he looked at his watch this time it read tree fifty-eight. He slid down against the wall to the ground and leaned his head back, eyes closed.
“Thank goodness it was only a dream.”