InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Six: ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Like a Battery



By: RisuBento



Chapter Six:



Oo0O0oO



The next day, Tao sat down and began brainstorming.

'I should be able to 'recharge' their relationship if there's a way I could---Ah crap! I need help!'

Standing up in frustration, he ventured downstairs to the kitchen and was surprised to find his uncle Inuyasha snooping through the cupboards.

"Uncle?" He asked.

Inuyasha yelped and jumped around.

"I wasn't looking for anything! Nothing! I swear!" He admonished hurriedly.

Tao quirked an eyebrow. "Ramen's in the cupboard to your left."

Inuyasha flinched, before speeding towards the said cupboard. Tao shook his head and was dialing a friends phone number when his uncle spoke.

"Your mom was wanting me to take you somewhere today." He said, watching the water in the pot----almost seemingly trying to will it to boil.

Tao paused and hung up the phone when he suddenly had an idea. "Sure." He grinned in a strange way that made Inuyasha back up and swallow nervously.

Oo0O0oO



Inuyasha sighed. Him and Tao were both sitting in the food court at the mall and were currently finishing off their "all you can eat Ramen" buffet lunch.

"You have no idea how much this cost me, ya know." He warned.

Tao shrugged and slurped the last bit of his noodles.

When he set his cup aside, he took out a small pocket sized notebook and a pencil.

"Hey uncle? Where did my mother and father go on their first date?" He asked, waiting to scribble down some notes.

Inuyasha quirked an eyebrow. "What? You a news reporter now?" He grinned.

Tao frowned and waited, making an impatient hand gesture.

"All right, all right…um…I think they went to an Italian restaurant…uh… Bilotti's? Yeah." His uncle surrendered leaning forward so his elbows were resting on the table.

Tao nodded and quickly wrote down the name.

"Why? What're you planning to do?" Inuyasha asked, growing suspicious.

Tao smirked and pocketed the notebook. "Nothing that concerns old men like you."

"OI! I ain't old! I'm only 27!" Inuyasha protested heatedly. Tao burst out laughing.



Oo0O0oO



Now, alone and back in his room, Tao sat down at his laptop and began typing in Microsoft Word.

"Operation: Recharge…" He said aloud as he typed it in.

"First date…" Then he typed "Bilotti's" underneath that category.

The second category was, "First Kiss…"


'This one might take a while…' He thought as he wasn't sure whom to ask…his mother or his father. His mother was still a little to fragile when it came to speaking about his father and his father…NEVER spoke about anything that had to do with lip locking and…well. THAT. Or basically anything that had to do with him and Kagome.

Who to ask…GRANDMA!


Oo0O0oO


Meanwhile…

"Kagome? Where're you heading off to?" Rei Higurashi asked her daughter.

Kagome looked up from buttoning her coat and sighed.

"The doctor's office called and said that I can go in and get an early hysterectomy…they have an opening and wanted to do a quick check up before it happens." She said quietly, slipping her boots on.

"Oh…were you planning on telling me that you were leaving?" Mrs. Higurashi asked, looking somewhat hurt.

"No. I didn't want you to worry."

"Kagome! You're getting surgery! Of course I'm going to worry over my baby girl…" Mrs. Higurashi said.

Kagome sighed and hugged her mother.

"Will you…come with me?" She asked quietly.

"Well, silly, I was going to come whether you wanted me too or not!" Mrs. Higurashi said, taking her jacket from the hook.

Kagome smiled and rung her hands together in nervousness.

"Tao's supposed to be staying with his father for a couple days…" She suddenly said, climbing into her car.

Her mother sat down into the passenger's seat and frowned. "Did Sesshoumaru call and ask him too?"

"No…Tao asked if he could." Kagome sighed putting the car into reverse.

"Well…he IS the man's son after all." Mrs. Higurashi pointed out.

Kagome nodded and stopped at a red light.



Oo0O0oO



Tao was packing his bags, frowning when moments ago he saw his grandma and mother leave his in his mother's car. Crap. Now he had to wait a couple days to ask about his mother and father's first kiss whereabouts. When the doorbell rang, he quickly zipped his bags shut and ran down the stairs.

Souta was standing at the door glaring at an ever stoic looking Sesshoumaru, but was nevertheless letting him in.

"Father!" Tao chimed, running forward and throwing his arms around the man's waist.

Again, Sesshoumaru looked uncomfortable and was reluctant to hug his son back.

He did so, albeit slowly.

"Are you ready?" He asked, looking down at the top of his only son's obsidian hair.

'He must be wearing his charm…his ears are hidden.' He thought.

"Hai! Let's get going." Tao said, picking his bag up and heading towards the door.

Sesshoumaru watched his son put his jacket on and go outside, before turning back to Souta who was standing with his arms crossed and leaning against the doorway.

"Tell your sister that Tao will be back on Wednesday." He said surprisingly quiet.

Souta hesitated, still glaring, before nodding.

With that, Sesshoumaru turned and left the house. Reaching the bottom of the shrine steps he noticed that his son was already standing next to his Lamborghini.

"I have to quickly stop at the office and do a moments paperwork. It will only be a few minutes." He said, clicking the automatic unlocking button on his keychain.

"That's fine." Tao said.

Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow. 'He HATES going to the office…why the sudden…joyfulness?' He pondered before shaking his head and climbing into the drivers side.



Oo0O0oO



"Kagome Kagiyama?" Came a voice from the doorway. Kagome immediately looked up and saw a smiling doctor.

"That's me…" She answered quietly, standing up and handing her mother her coat.

"Good morning, Mrs. Kagiyama. How are you fairing today?" Asked the nice looking man.

"All right, a little under the weather, but nothing too brutal." Kagome smiled.

It was true. She'd gotten sick once again that morning after she'd smelled the scent of her mother's cooking in the kitchen.

"That's good. Now how about you hop up onto the bed and we'll feel if there's anything abnormal today." The doctor said, motioning towards the paper covered bed. Kagome did so and was told to lift her shirt so her midriff was exposed.

The doctor began apply pressure to her abdomen with his warm hands and was now putting his extremely cold stethoscope to her belly. Everything was going fine until he paused his ministrations at her bulge of fat below her bellybutton. He hesitated, furrowing his eyebrows, which further made Kagome nervous.

"Is something the matter?" She asked. The doctor didn't say anything. He just moved over to a cabinet and extracted a machine on wheels.

"An ultra sound machine?" She wondered aloud.

"When was the last time you had your period?" He asked, setting the monstrosity of a machine up.

Kagome frowned. 'When DID I have my last period?' "I…I don't know." She admitted, quite hesitantly.

The doctor nodded and took out a warmed tube of jelly and some rubber gloves. Slipping the gloves on, he began spreading some of the jelly onto her abdomen, as the machine warmed up.

Kagome was beginning to get worried. 'He used the same machine for when I was pregnant with Tao. Why is taking it out now!?'

The doctor, without speaking, picked up the ultra sound handle thing and placed it onto her abdomen.

Kagome fearfully looked at the television screen and watched as something appeared onto the screen.

The doctor nodded to himself and turned the machine off.

"Doctor? What…what's wrong with me?" She asked.

The doctor looked up and smiled. "Are you sure you wish to have the hysterectomy this early?"

"Well…since there's an opening then…yes. Why? Is there something wrong?" She asked, watching him pause in cleaning her belly off.

"Mrs. Kagiyama…you're pregnant. Congratulations."




Oo0O0oO



There. I didn't like that chapter either. Not so much of Tao…but you did get a gist of his "Operation: Recharge"…yeah.

Thank you to everyone who has reviewed! It makes me very happy and very motivated to write more! :

*~*Faithful Vampire*~* : Did I get it right this time!? I'm so sorry! ::Bashes head into the wall a couple more times before pausing and then continuing::

teenagetomboy69

sometimes things suck

Yenye

kitsune ninja: WAAH! I'm sorry! But hey! At least now I know my dollar store magic book has proven to work! I can hypnotize you into reading my story! Muwahaha!

Kilala _ shippo

Jackie O

Ice Goddess Kitsune

ILOVEInuyasha07



Oo0O0oO


< br> Thank you!



REVIEW!



RisuBento