InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ :::My Unknown Life::: ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
As the colorful vortex swallowed me, all my emotions felt mixed up. I was excited, nervous, confused, and scared at the same time. I mean being swallowed by your computer is not an everyday thing.
The bright insignia were hurting my eyes and the pressure was too much for me. After a couple of minutes of struggle I blacked out.
My senses were coming back to me slowly. I didn't move or open my eyes. The sounds I heard were not the sounds from the city that I usually hear. No cars rushing, no people talking, no trucks honking; no loud noises whatsoever.
I did hear the bird singing, and some leaves rustling amongst the wind, and some small animals doing their daily work.
~This is definitely not the city~
I opened my eyes to discover my surroundings. As my eyes adjusted to the intense light, I discovered that I was lying in the middle of a forest, on top of some dead leaves.
~I must be dreaming~
Slowly, I tried to sit up but a pain rushed through my ankle. I knew that I should't move or the pain will come again. I saw that I had small bruises all over my body. As carefully as I could, I sat up started to rub my ankle.
"Great, just what I needed, to be swallowed by a vortex in my computer and to land in the middle of nowhere, bruised up and with an injured ankle. Yeah, this is juuust perfect" I said bitterly.
I started to move my head around to figure out exactly where I was, but all I saw were trees, dead leaves and roots sticking out of the ground.
"Well, if I can't stand up or move out of this position, I'll just have to get someone todo it for me, won't I?"
"HELP!!!!" I yelled as loud as could, "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME? I SAID I NEEDED HELP!!" I yelled and screamed for help but no one came.
"Damnit. Even here nobody hears me."
I lay back down defeated. I closed my eyes and think of another way to get help. I didn't notice when sleep took over me but it did. When I woke up, I saw that I wasn't in the same place I had fallen asleep.
I scanned my surroundings and saw an old lady looking down at me. She had a black eye patch over her left eye and what seemed to me a miko outfit since it had a white top and red pants. Her hair was gray and it was pulled back. Her face looked stern, but gentle.
We just stared at each other for couple of seconds before she moved away.
"Who are ye child?" the old lady asked.
I took a better a looked at her and it took me a little bit to realize whom she was. I stared at her, too stunned to move.
~This can't be real. It must be an illusion~
"Is something the matter child?" she asked me after not receiving any answer.
~No, no, no, no, she can talk and move just like Kaede. I must be dreaming~
"Please tell me your name is not Kaede"
"It is, but how did ye know?" she asked me mystified.
"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" I shrieked, "This must be a dream; nothing but a dream. Ye-yeah, that, that must be it, nothing but a dream"
But as I tried to pull my knees up to my chest the pain in my ankle reminded me that this was no dream.
"Are ye alright my girl? Did that medicine do ye any harm?" she asked moving closer to where I was sitting. She tried to touch but I jerked away.
"NO, no, no, no, no this can't be real. YOU can't be real," I told her holding both sides of my head and shaking furiously.
She looked at me like I had gone mad. Kaede went to the back of the hut and retrieved something from a small table. She came back with a cup.
"Here drink this," she told me pleasantly.
For some reason, I did take the cup and drank the whole thing. It tasted disgusting to me, and I have never been a big fan of medicine. As I drank my eyes never left her. I couldn't believe that what I thought was an animated character was sitting here, tending to my wounds and talking to me.
After I handed her my cup, she sat down next to me, "Now tell me child, what is it that ye
can not believe? What is it that can not be true?"
~Should I tell her that she is nothing but paper, ink and color mixed together to create and animated person? No she wouldn't believe. She would think I'm crazy~
"No, nothing is that well I was just scared that's all, "I lied.
"I do not look that scary now do I?" she said with a small chuckle
I felt my face get a bit hot. "No. No, it was not your looks that scared me. It was something else that I would prefer to keep to myself," I told her a bit uncomfortable.
"Ah yes, I understand. But tell me what is yer name?"
"My name is Yumi"
"Are ye from Kagome's time child?"
~What else can I say but yes~
"Yes, yes I am."
"How did you get through the well girl? The only people allowed to go through the well are Kagome and the half demon InuYasha"
"Well ummm, I don't know how I went through the well without any trouble."
She stood up and took the cup with her. "I see," she told me, "Rest now child. Those wounds are not healed yet and ye need as much rest as ye can."
"Yes and thank you for taking care of me."
She smiled at me and just nodded. I did as I was told and decided to take my rest.
~I wonder if I will get to see Miroku?~
I smiled as sleep took me over.

Converting /tmp/phpyG4BiT to /dev/stdout