InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ [nan demo nai]Broken Wings ❯ Take 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[tiarella_cordifolia]

________________________________________[TiarellaCordifolia ]

ll nan demo nai ll

--------------(nothing)---------- >> Broken Wings << ------------------

[Sess/ Kag AU fanfic]

[pg13] DISCLAIMER: I hold no claim on "Inuyasha" or any characters/ideas directly related towards the original anime or manga. This disclaimer applies to all the chapters I shall be posting under this title. Therefore meaning, for the entirety of this humble fanfic, I hold no claim whatsoever towards "Inuyasha" in general. Thus, do not sue me if I neglect to post a disclaimer later on. Thank you for your cooperation.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

_________________________________________________________

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

Author's Note: Sorry about the long wait. I just can't bring myself to continue on with this fanfic cuz it's just so damn sad. But I owe it to you guys and I really do like the idea I have with it, so here's a brief chappie, since someone pointed out it's been nearly two months since I've update. Anyways, basically I need more reviews to motivate me, and I only have like 19 reviews for two chapters…..so you know. Not much hope. But whatever. I like my idea and I'll revise it afterwards if I feel like it. Thanks for your patience for those who waited! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

[Take 3]

The morning light was bleak, wavering in soft sheets like silk in the clear sky. A small sparrow rustled out its feathers, took notice of the sun's high position, and swooped down in search of midday's meal. Laughing children chased one another around an ice cream vendor and past a knitting mother singing to her infant child on the small green bench.

It was a fine day to be out.

"Excuse me, miss? Mrs. Hanajima?"

It would be lovely to hold her child and stroll about on a fine day like this. She was always good with children and particularly loved to dote on them. She leaned her forehead against the cool, glass window and gave a wistful sigh. Yes, it would be wonderful to be a mother.

"Mrs. Hanajima? Hello?"

The young woman clad in black jeans and a black maternity tank blinked rapidly and lifted her gaze from the glass panel to stare blankly at a short brunette. She appeared to be a young secretary by the looks of it. Black business suit with white stripes running down to the quaint rectangular glasses perched on her little nose. Ofcourse, the tight bun and brown clipboard only intensified the feeling. Kagome smirked. Leave it to her husband to have the best of the best, the most efficient and no-nonsense secretary around. She stood and smoothed out her small apron as well as the bandanna covering her pigtails and granted her companion a small smile.

"Yes? I am she."

"Oh," the little lady replied, not necessarily comfortable addressing her boss's wife dressed in such attire. She cleared her throat to ease out the tension. "Mr. Hanajima is currently closing off his business interaction and has asked for you to kindly wait for him outside his office."

Kagome nodded and supplied her with another wry smile before she carefully stepped across the hallways in her white nikes, slightly put off her footwear didn't give off that haughty click-clack the secretary's did. Shaking her head she berated herself, amused at her childish tendencies at such an age. Granted she was still completing her college courses for a medical degree, she did maintain her carefree ways.

One needs much light in their lives, especially when the candle's been snuffed out, she thought softly, biting her lips in silent resolve.

Carefully stepping into her husband's office, she smiled at his predictable orderly neatness. She glided effortlessly up near his desk and plopped down with a small 'oof!' on his puffy leather chair and spun around in a lazy circle, taking in her surroundings.

He needs more light than I do probably. Kagome sighed as she realized there was not an ounce of relaxing feel to his cold, dull second home. There wasn't even a single painting, much less a photo showing his family.

Not even a picture of me.

Not that she expected him to. In fact, she'd be much worried if he did. He just didn't have any reason to be reminded about his family. They didn't exactly bring to mind happy thoughts and he just couldn't afford to be distracted from his work.

Ofcourse that's what she keeps telling herself.

"Comfortable?"

Kagome snapped back to reality at the sound of an all too familiar drawling voice near the doorway. She flashed a brilliant grin at the tired form of her husband sauntering over to his desk.

"Yea, I'm beginning to see why you prefer the company of your office to your lovely wife Sesshoumaru."

"Indeed."

He slapped down his folder onto the desk and slumped elegantly into one of his other office chairs, reserved for guests and the like. He regarded Kagome for a moment before cutting straight to the chase.

"Why are you here?"

She winced at his blunt tone. She gave him a sheepish smile.

"Don't you love your wife no more?"

There was no laughter or denials. He kept staring with his placid face, void of any emotions whatsoever. Kagome sighed.

"No, no. Ofcourse not," she replied for him softly. She looked up straight into his eyes this time and took a shaky breath. "I just got a off and decided to come see you. I thought we might go for lunch is all. That is, if you're not busy."

He looked at her impassively for a few moments before getting up and rummaged through his office files.

"I've already eaten."

Silence.

"I see."

She stood and padded over to the door. She was stopped by a hand on her shoulder just as she reached for the door. She paused.

"You shouldn't be working."

"Why not?"

"A Hanajima should not work as a waitress, especially if she is pregnant."

"I was married into being a Hanajima and I can handle perfectly well being three months pregnant."

The hand on her shoulder stiffened and fell.

"We have enough money. There is no need for you to work or even continue studying for that matter. Stress is bad for the child."

Hurt gripped her heart and she bit her bottom lip softly. It always comes down to that doesn't it? The child within my womb. She smiled dryly, though he could not see it.

"We have enough money. There is no need for you to slave away all day here either. Stress is bad for you as well."

No one spoke.

And so she left.

_________________________________________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

.

.

A/N: Reviews would be greatly appreciated. I will try to update as soon as possible. Thank you for reading.

:

.

.

_________________________________________________________