InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ [nan demo nai]Broken Wings ❯ Take 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[tiarella_cordifolia]

______________________________________ __[TiarellaCordifolia ]

ll nan demo nai ll

--------------(nothing)---------- >> Broken Wings << ------------------

[Sess/ Kag AU fanfic]

[pg13] DISCLAIMER: I hold no claim on "Inuyasha" or any characters/ideas directly related towards the original anime or manga. This disclaimer applies to all the chapters I shall be posting under this title. Therefore meaning, for the entirety of this humble fanfic, I hold no claim whatsoever towards "Inuyasha" in general. Thus, do not sue me if I neglect to post a disclaimer later on. Thank you for your cooperation.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` < p>_________________________________________________________

------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: -sighs- Spring break indeed. I've been so terribly busy then so its little wonder I never update anymore. Anyways, I'm procrastinating while working on my laptop, so here I am=] Anyways, what's up with the reviews? I seriously think this is one of the best works I've come up with -.- And I know I update too little but still. I've realized there's less and less ppl reviewing these days, not just for me, but in general. I know that reviews are feedback when its really good or really bad, but still, people just never review anymore. I find that terribly disheartening. We authors like feedback as long as its not threatening.

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

[Take 4]

.

She kicked a stone.

Then another.

And another.

And another.

One…two…three…

Zero.

Nothing. Nothing at all. She felt nothing.

Her glassy eyes stared blankly out at their artificial lake. The artificial lake Kagome begged to have when they moved into this absurd city. This tight, suffocating city. Her body went limp, falling against the single weeping willow in their backyard. All alone.

She too was alone. She too was weeping.

She too was an oddity in the busy modern life. A disturbance to tight schedules and sober meetings. A bother to her husband.

A burden.

A muffled sob strangled the stretched silence.

It was a terribly pathetic sound. A sound so filled with self-misery and resentment towards the world that it would have disgusted even the most sympathetic of people. That is, if one was blind to how much her misery stemmed from self-loathing and her resentment from her frustration in failing to meet other's expectations has aged her. A pathetic plea, but a plea filled with lingering faith that the world would not betray her during her last moments. A small spark of hope that her troubles will be laid to rest before it's too late.

The sand was already falling, and she must find a way to tilt the glass before she was drowned.

Time. She needed more time.

Dark, sooty eyes peered over the edge of the water, looking helplessly at the even more helpless girl dying beneath the water. The pressure will kill her.

.

.

.

Carefully, he balanced his take-out in one arm and his files in the other while he took his shoes off at the door. Closely the door softly behind him, he gave a small tired sigh. Inhaling the fresh clean air that was rare for a house in the city, his features relaxed. No matter how much he lusted for his work because it took his mind off of things better not thought too much on, it was always sort of an indulgence on his part to rest at home. It was more or less of a shrine if you will, for here, not even the troubles of work can taint the holy peace of mind.

Placing his keys on the table, he walked straight to his office. Turning on the computer, he opened his now cold take-out, listening to the soft humming of desktop.

He froze.

Slowly, he stood up from his seat, and stepped calmly into the kitchen, flipping on the lights. Everything was in order. Not a single dish was out of place. No fire burning and no food left out.

Briskly, he turned on his heel, rigidly walking through the halls. How did he not notice before? The dank small of unopened air space, the dimness of the house, the eerie quietness, the lack of food…

Ripping open the doors, his footsteps became more frantic as he searched the house he abandoned for nearly three weeks. There wasn't a soul in the place, but his mind was ill at ease.

Where is she?

True, he didn't come home every day, but he still lived here. Not many businessmen such as he see their wives on a daily basis when running a successful cooperation like his. He was still here for her when she needed it. He still slept in his own bed from time to time. He was still part of her life.

But then, why does this house feel like it hasn't been lived in for at least three weeks? Did she move out without telling him? Is she living with someone else?

Sharp footsteps echoed in the empty house, a steady pulse rapidly speeding up. He opened the glass doors and stepped into the cool air outside. He glanced quickly across the field, turning to leave until his eye caught sight of a pale white bundle on the grass. Eyes widening, he strode furiously towards the small form of a young Japanese girl leaning against the white bark of a willow tree, her back facing him. He made no sound as he walked, for he was an excelled master of the arts, but even as he grabbed the bony shoulder in a tight grasp, not a single reaction occurred, as if she had already sense him without aid. He narrowed his eyes at the motionless girl cradling an injured sparrow and he felt his ire grow by her lack of response towards his presence.

"Kagome"

She keeps her head bent towards the little thing, whispering a few moments later something he later deciphered into being an "I missed you".

Gingerly shifting to face him so as not to hurt the sparrow any further, she inquired, "How did you know I was here?"

"The kitchen wasn't being used."

She nods. She cooked dinner everyday, leaving out his share on the table, whether he came home or not. She would always leave the counter light on, even when she went to bed, in case he was hungry and needed to find something to eat should he be coming home late.

She usually ends up eating it for breakfast. Don't put good food to waste right?

"I'm glad you're home. I'll fix you something to eat then."

He eyes the bird. She looked down into her arms and grinned weakly. "I plan on healing him back to health before I let him off again. I hope that's not a problem."

"Of course not."

"Good," she replied. Stepping back into the house, she turned and gave him a sly smile, full of the kind of sad wisdom that one knows the another will never perceive, and spoke hauntingly:

"I just want to help him regain what he lost, but never really quite knew. I sometimes wonder though, if that is just too much to ask for."

_________________________________________________________

---------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

.

.

A/N: Reviews are my motivation. =] I know it's been a while since I've ever updated, but this is the best I can do for now. I really love this fanfic and I hope I didn't mess it up too bad posting this. I'll try to update my other fanfics soon. Thanks for reading.

:

.

.

____________________________________________ _____________