InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ *Over a Box of Wax Rainbows* ❯ Orange ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Over a Box of Wax Rainbow's
By: RisuBento
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot of this story.
Chapter Two: Orange
oo0O0oo

Rin was off at school again, so he was home alone. Hopefully he'd be able to get some work on his new piece done.
It was tiresome…not being able to meet the requirements of art galleries these days. He was told that his work was…"too different" and that some were disturbing to look at. Wasn't art suppose to be painted from the artist's soul? He painted his past…his future and his present on his canvas'. But that wasn't enough. No…he needed something new and exotic.
A pair of electric blue eyes flashed in his mind for a split second and he groaned. Opening the fridge and popping the cap off of a beer bottle, he collapsed onto the couch and sighed. Closing his eyes he began to ponder at how…mysterious, Rin's teacher was.
Kagome Higurashi. He'd known her since Rin had started Kindergarten only 3 months before. It seemed like forever to him. She was something different. Something so…real. Ever since he could remember, he'd had twisted feelings for that woman. He felt the all too familiar satanic emotion swell in his loins when he thought of her.
It was hell just riding in the same vehicle as her.
But…ever since Rin had been conceived…he'd been so shaken at the thought of creating something so innocent and something that was a part of him…he'd sworn off intimacy for good. He'd thought he was in love with Rin's mother. But…that was only a fool's love. He was only 22 when Rin was born. Kagura was 18 and didn't want anything to do with "the mistake", as she had dubbed Rin.
Rin wasn't a mistake. Well…she 'was', but she was the most precious mistake that he'd ever committed and he would NEVER wish to go back and change that. Rin was his light in life----his source of life that made him open his eyes and breath the morning air around him. The muse that allowed him the courage to face the world's harsh realities.
He'd tried everything to try and make her happy…but deep down…he knew that he wasn't enough. Rin needed another 'female' in his life. Someone she could depend on to tell her fears and deepest secrets to. He definitely wasn't looking forward to the day he was to deal with her first period. He didn't know the first thing about how the female body functioned and was afraid that he'd somehow mess it up and scare her for life.
He was contemplating his future way too much. But…it'd always been something that he'd been used to doing. It was what inspired him to paint. Looking around the room now, he smiled at the pictures and oil paintings he did of Rin. Her bright brown eyes were so extravagant and alive, that he was slightly cringing at how they seemed to stare right into your soul.
Gulping his beer, he sat up and flipped the television on.
Things were lonely around here when Rin was at school. It was too quiet, almost eerie-like. Finding nothing on television, he flipped the contraption off and stood up.
He couldn't take his mind off of her…Rin's teacher. Something about her…just drew him to her. Hypnotized him…seduced him. She was an enigma that grated on his bones, chipping away at his stability of mind.
She was indeed a lovely woman. Kind, gentle, and wonderful with kids. She was even more so lovely when she blushed a light pink tint and laughed with that embarrassed smile of hers.
Yes…she was someone Rin could depend on. Someone 'he' could depend on. But…he suddenly heard her words echo in his mind.
"I just don't think anything between us could happen because I'm Rin's teacher."
Who cared about being his daughter's teacher? He didn't! But…I suppose you had to look at the situation from her point of view. It would probably be awkward, dating a student's father. He could tell that she was inexperienced when it came to men. The way she'd scooted away from him, when he'd sat next to her during "Doodle Dime". The way her breath hitched in her throat when his hands were resting on hers. He could almost feel the heat rising from her cheeks, she was flushing so deeply, as he whispered instructions on how to draw daisies in her ear.
That night…she'd smelled so nice. He was almost intoxicated----almost high off her natural scent. When they'd been drawing the daisy's shape, he'd taken a moment to glance down at her ivory neck. He wanted to taste it. To taste her essence. The pulse in her neck was pounding wildly and he would've given anything to just feel that pulse against his tongue. He was broken however from his lustful reverie when she'd turned around and their noses had bumped together.
Her electric blue eyes----something so incredibly rare in a Japanese woman----held something akin to…fear. He was reluctant at first but he'd leaned forward anyways, not wanting to see her emotion filled eyes any longer. The moment their lips had touched, Rin had her leg spasms and kicked the entire crayon bucket---showering them with a box of wax rainbows.
She'd left quickly that night, and he was sure that she'd been frightened by his forwardness. He'd admit that things had gone fast…but he could only think about her rosy lips and how soft and plump they felt against his.
Shaking his head, he threw his empty bottle into the recycling bin and sat down on his stool in front of an empty canvas. He'd had artist block for sometime now.
Nothing could inspire him any longer.
He had another job at a local mail office, delivering packages to homes around the city, but it was currently closed because of the Christmas season. He'd never really been that religious growing up, so he never celebrated any religious holiday's with Rin. He was sure that she didn't understand why so many other families celebrated a Western religion that gave gifts and presents to one another while he and she did nothing but make snowmen and have snowball fights.
The same pair of electric blue eyes flashed in his mind once again and were swirling in the newly falling puffs of snow outside. Before he knew it, he was gently stroking color after color onto the vanishing white of the canvas.
If she couldn't get out of his mind…then he'd paint his mind and show the world (hopefully) the very enigma that tormented him so.

He'd been standing there for more than 3 hours and was currently placing the finishing touches onto his canvas. It was a swirl of blues and grays all meeting into a center point.
In the middle of this swirl of colors was a small bolt of cracked lightning---exactly what his thoughts exploded into when she was overloading his very soul.
The chime of the clock brought his rapt attention away from the art piece and to its face. Cursing loudly he tossed his used paintbrush and paint palette into the sink and grabbed his coat before rushing from the apartment. Climbing into his used, car, that was no where near as nice as Kagome's, he started it after a few tries and sped off towards Rin's school.
He'd lost track of time once again and was almost a half hour late.
When the school came into view, the car was barely even turned off and parked, before he jumped out and ran into the quaint school. It was recently built after the other schools in the area were overcrowded and he noted that it still smelled like a new building.
Looking down the perpendicular hallways he took the left one and winced as his sneakers squeaked because of the slush filled streets.
He finally made it to the "Yellow Room" and paused to look through the rectangular window. There they were…currently sitting at the "Blue Table" coloring with some markers. Kagome was wearing a simple blue knee length skirt and a white blouse that had a semi-low u-neck front to it. He hair was pulled into a low ponytail and she was barefoot. It must've been warm in there today.
Quietly, he clicked the door open and was greeted with two pairs of beautiful eyes.
"PAPA!" His daughter squealed jumping up from her seat and dashing over to him. She lunged into his arms and hugged him tightly----almost too tightly----around the neck. "Rin was worried again, papa!" She said pulling back and kissing his cheek. She giggled again and pointed to his face.
He grimaced, not knowing what she was laughing at, and set her to her feet. "Rin, can you go and get your stuff ready?"
"Okay!" Rin smiled dashing into the back coat room.
Sesshoumaru turned his gaze back to the woman currently picking up and tossing the markers back into the little storage tub, and was obviously hoping he didn't say anything.
He shook his head and walked over so he stood next to her. "I am sorry…once again for being late. I---"
"It's all right Sesshoumaru." Came her soft reply. He looked up to find her smiling gently at him, the marker bucket resting calmly against her hip.
She began to giggle as well before blushing and turning away. "Were you painting with blue's today?" She asked.
He made a face, clearly not knowing how she knew that.
"You have dried blue paint on your hands and cheeks." She smiled, going over to the sink and putting a cleaned washcloth under some warm water. He felt silly standing there…looking like someone with war paint.
She came back around and handed it to him and he began to wipe his entire face off. Not having a mirror, he couldn't tell if he'd gotten it all. He must not have because when he turned around, she smiled that sweet smile and took the washcloth from him.
"You missed a spot right…here!" She said, dabbing gently at the spot right above his forehead. From here…he was clearly able to have view of her plump lips…and the pulse thumping slightly in her neck.
Just before she pulled her hand back, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her against him.
"Sesshoumaru---" She gasped, dropping the washcloth onto the floor at the sudden movement. Looking up, she found herself bumping noses once again with him and she swallowed hard.
"I don't think---" She was cut off however by the slightest brush of his lips against her---which effectively stole the very breath from her lungs.
He gently slipped his arms around her waist and pressed his lips a little more firmly against hers. Kagome closed her eyes and rested her hands on his biceps; gently kissing him back.
It was a slow…gentle brushing of lips before they both hesitantly opened their mouths a bit more and kissed a little more intensely.
Sesshoumaru was dazed and almost confused at the warmth that buzzed loudly through his body. It just felt so…right…so perfect holding her against him like this. It was nice seeing her again after the first encounter 2 months prior.
Kagome wasn't understanding what she'd felt at that moment. She was only concentrating on how good she felt pressed flush against him.
It was broken, however, by the sound of a crash and a cry from the back coatroom and they immediately broke apart. She paused for a moment, catching her breath before hurrying after the silver haired enigma.
Rin was sitting on the floor, crying and clutching her wrist. Big blobs of tears rolled down her rosy cheeks and fell onto her cute little dress. Scattered around her was the contents of a box that was on the shelf just above her coat cubby.
"Rin! What happened? Are you hurt?" Sesshoumaru asked, rushing forward and kneeling in front of his daughter.
"I—w-was trying to g-get m-my picture d-down from the sh-shelf and the box f-fell on me!" She continuously hiccuped.
Kagome knelt down next to Rin's father and asked to look at her wrist.
"Oh man…this doesn't look good." She breathed, almost wincing at the sight of the rapidly bruising and swelling wrist.

Kagome and Sesshoumaru both sat in the waiting room at the emergency room. Rin was currently being fitted a cast for her broken wrist. Of all the things to happen…
The silence was beginning to eat at the both of them and as a result, Sesshoumaru was bouncing his knee's and tapping his fingers against the chair's armrest.
Kagome was currently trying to ignore the tension between the both of them and to ignore the way her lips still tingled from their kiss earlier. He'd kissed her so softly. It felt so strange…yet so wonderful to be held as if you were going shatter the moment you were let go. Now, she couldn't look at him in the eye. She was almost afraid at what she'd see there.
Finally, after a half an hour of trying to ignore the fervent tapping, Kagome reached over and placed a warm hand on top on his, stopping it's movement completely.
"She'll be all right…" She reassured him. He looked up at her before looking back down at their hands. Slowly but surely, he maneuvered his around so their fingers were now intertwined. Kagome seemed uneasy at first but after giving a small squeeze, he sighed when she relaxed somewhat.
A door in front of them suddenly opened up and they both stood, both wincing at the loss each other's hands. The doctor stood there with a puffy eyed Rin with sling over her neck; cradling her arm.
Kagome had to stifle a giggle at the sight of the florescent orange colored cast resting in the sling. It was SO obnoxiously bright!
"Well, her wrist is broken 3 places, so it'll be about 6 months before the cast itself can be removed. I suggest lots of Advil or Tylenol, something to dull the pain. And definitely no rigorous activity." The doctor smiled, patting Rin on her ebony head.
Sesshoumaru lifted Rin into his arms and bowed a thank you to the doctor. Kagome bowed in thanks as well before following after father and daughter.
"Papa?" Came Rin's quiet sniffle against her father's shoulder.
"Yes Rin?" Sesshoumaru asked, gently placing Rin in the back seat of his car.
"Rin loves you." She said, her eyes drooping in sleep.
Sesshoumaru pursed his lips before leaning forward and kissing her on the forehead. He quickly buckled her in and turned to close the door when he found Kagome standing behind him with a small smile on her face.
"You're such a great father to her." She said with a small laugh.
Sesshoumaru put his hands into his pockets and stepped up onto the curb next to her. "She's my world…I'll never let anything happen to her."
"I know you wouldn't." She said, turning her head and looking up at him. A light snow began to fall and the little flakes were gently landing on his hair, giving his silver locks a more "sugary" look.
She smiled and leaned up to kiss him on the cheek. At the last moment he turned so his lips gently landed on hers. She gasped and pulled back, her face alive in a deep flush. Before she could retreat in further, he took her into his arms and held her tightly.
"Why can we not see one another because you are Rin's teacher?" He asked, burrowing his nose into her obsidian locks.
She sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Because…I…" She started burying her face into his shoulder.
"Why?" He prodded running a hand down her back.
"Because…I'm…I'm afraid that Rin and I will become too attached and then…something will happen and you and I won't be together any longer…I don't want that to happen to her. I would feel absolutely awful if it did." She answered quietly, watching breath rise up from between her lips and disappear in the air.
" 'IF'. You said if. What if I told you that it wouldn't happen. That we wouldn't be apart." He said.
Kagome's breath hitched in her throat and she pulled back. Studying his face, she cupped it with her warm hands and gave a sad smile.
"You can't guarantee that though…" She whispered.
"No…but I can promise." He whispered back.
Kagome bit her lip and sighed, her breath's mist mingling with his. She looked back up at him and cocked her head to the side in a cute manner.
"Okay…" She breathed. Sesshoumaru felt a small quirk at the corner of his lips and he leaned down to peck her gently on the lips.
Kagome pulled back and licked her lips before pulling his face back to hers and closing her eyes.
Unknown to the both of them a pair of bright brown eyes watched the both of them with a small smile before drooping closed in a dreamless sleep.

oo0O0oo
There. I didn't really like this chapter very much.
Oh well.
REVIEW!
Thanks for reviewing:
Miss Monroe
Spdsgirl:…open the box…I LOVE THAT!
Em
Ice Goddess Kitsune: Get crack-a-lacking on your stories Ice-chan holds pitch fork above head and grunts like a pig
Naraku's Faithful Servant
Syrinx: WOOT! O.O I was so surprised that one of my favorite authors reviewed 'me' of all people…you must be REALLY bored.
Leather Wings
Lass
ILOVEInuyasha07
SeSShieobSSESSed
oo0O0oo
There!
REVIEW!
Love,
Bento-chan