InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The road to Destiny ❯ "Just an old Friend" ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own Inu-yasha and I'll never will nor do I own the other star characters. So please don't sue me just because I have a story base on that show!

Claimers: Anyways I do own this story and the character name *Kohaku* she's my girl! So…. Happy reading.

======

*The road to Destiny*

"Prologue and Chapter #1 - Just an old Friend"

======

"Prologue"

Kagome is now 20yrs old, still alone, still living in the past, still a broken heart; ever since Inu-Yasha decided to go back with Kikyo and live a normal life with her as a human. It took six long years to get over him and still it wasn't enough. The well that once went to her world and back was no more. So to Kagome; she was trap. She felt trap, she couldn't go back to her family and being stuck here in the past was just as bad. She couldn't be with the one she loved, for he didn't chose her, he chose some else.

======

"Chapter #1 - Just an old Friend"

Kagome sat among a forest that was known as a graveyard for the dead, those who were innocent and killed by a demon and those who died in war and in battle.

"I might as well be dead myself!" She thought herself. She leaned her head against a tree and look up to the sky, where the bright sun shined upon her face. She frowned at the sight. The way she was feeling, it should be dark and gloomy. "If I had the power to control the weather, I'd make the world see how I feel!" She down again and took a deep breath. "Who am I kidding? I couldn't even change Inu-Yasha's mind when he chose Kikyo instead of me!" She slump her shoulders and sighed. "What makes me think that I can't make the world see my pain?"

A she left up her right hand and opens them. There laid a jewel that took her, Inu-Yasha and the rest of the gang forever to make whole. The Jewel of four souls was now in her care, she was now the protector of the jewel and people and more powerful then Kikyo ever was. No human or demon had a chance, for they could not make it past her arrows. Though she doesn't care and to her, her life was nothing but a pile of ashes that will soon be gone with the wind.

Kagome got up and started to walk away, she wanted to walk away from the past but couldn't, the past will always be right there next to her; no matter where she turns.

She doesn't know it but fate has made a road for her to follow, a road that will lead her to her destiny and to a new life.

Kagome walk to a clearing and saw a stream that lead to a waterfall. Beautiful as it was, she couldn't resist going to it. "A nice bath should do me some good!" She said aloud as she untied her hair. "After today, I think I deserve it." As she got closer, she took off her pants. "And besides I stink of demons…….. And who knows what else."

By the time she got there, she was naked. Her long hair had covered her almost everything. But Kagome didn't care. For all she knows no one was watching (or at least that's what she thought!). She had barely put her foot in when she notice that somebody was already here. "How could that get past me? I thought no one was here!" She thought as she jumps back. The person who was in the water got out and pulled back its long hair and out of its face. Kagome realized that the person didn't have any breast, quickly grabs her shirt to cover herself.

"My gosh!" She exclaimed. "He's beautiful!"

The man got out of the water and put his hair back and away from his face. With a crescent moon that showed on his forehead; Kagome couldn't believe her eyes when she remembered who it was. "Sesshoumaru!" She said aloud. Sesshoumaru looks at her and gives her a half dead smile, like he wasn't all that happy to see her like she was of him. He slowly walks over to her and asks in a stern but deep voice. "What brings you to the western lands Kagome?"

*Sweat drop*

"Don't be so excited to see me Sesshoumaru, I mean it has been six long years since we last seen each other."

He gave her a cold shoulder and started to walk away. "One, I wasn't even excited and two it's not long enough!" Kagome couldn't believe what she was hearing and what he just said tick her off even more. "You mean to tell me that after six years, you still hate me?" Sesshoumaru slowly swam to the other side of the water fall and got out. Though the sight of him made Kagome blush, she couldn't entirely see his body, only his legs. Sesshoumaru's long hair covered the rest of him. "Yes that is what I'm saying. Why, are you hurt?" He said as he put his cloths on.

"No! I mean…… Is it because of you're brother's sword? Is it why you still hate me?" She said as she watches him walk over to her. Kagome remembered that she didn't have any cloths on but a shirt to cover her self from him.

"Well?" Said Sesshoumaru as he gave her a blank expression. "Well what?" She thought. "Are you going to take a bath or not?" Her face went bright red when he said that to her. "I mean that is why you took you're cloths off right?" He said again. Kagome step back a bit and with her face still red from what he had ask. "Don't change the subject Sesshoumaru!"

"Right now Kagome, I wish not to talk about it. It is a past that's long dead."

"Says you! You're the one who brought it up and who started it!" She points at him. "Angways, that is why I'm here, is to take a bath but I would like it if you don't watch."

Sesshoumaru shrugs his shoulders and starts to walk away. "Suit you're self." Kagome watches him go and thought how much of a man looks. He looks much older and much more mature than the last time they met and that was when she was still with Inu-Yasha who was trying to find the jewel shards.

Sesshoumaru chuckled to himself when he walks into the forest. He seen how much of a women Kagome had become and much more beautiful than before. Jaken sees him. "Who where you talking to my lord?" Sesshoumaru looks at him and walks on. "I was just talking to an old friend Jaken, that's all."

"An old friend eh?" Jaken said as he hurried to be at his master's side. "What kind of an old friend?"

"That Jaken is for me to know and for you to find out!"

======

A few words from Avalon: I know that this was a very corny beginning but that I couldn't help! I promise that the next chapter will be better. Anyways why don't you go and check out my website? By the way I've change user name. So it's "Lady Avalon" now I have other stories under that name in this site if you want you can check it out.