InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The road to Destiny ❯ "Sesshoumaru's Sword" ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own Inu-Yasha or any of the characters in it and if I did I wouldn't be living here in this so called home. So I ask of you not to sue me for I don't have any money to give or a normal life to toss away.

Claimers: However I do own Kohaku because she's my girl, my very own character of this story. She's also Sesshoumaru and Kagome's daughter! She won't be on until later chapters!

======

"The road to Destiny"

*Chapter #2 - Sesshoumaru's Sword*

======

Sesshoumaru walks the great halls of his father's castle. Though the outside is as ugly as one's evil heart but the inside is far more beautiful as the one who made it happened! Sesshoumaru walks on, with his silver hair still wet; he thought of Kagome. "She's still the same." He said in his mind as he walks to his chamber. "Still the same but looks much older." He took off his robe and lay upon on his bed. "Why am I even thinking about her? He said aloud.

He closed his eyes and thought back when he fought with his brother.

"WHY BROTHER?" Sesshoumaru shouted. "WHY DID FATHER GIVE YOU THE SWORD OF DEATH INSTEAD OF ME?"

Inu-Yasha laughs at him and shouts back. "MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE HE SAW THAT YOU DIDN'T DESERVE IT SO INSTEAD GAVE IT TO ME!"

Sesshoumaru opened his eyes and thought. "Why?" He looks at his right and stared at the sword that his father gave him. "Why give me a sword that only brings life back to the dead? A sword that will do me no good when in battle."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "There better be a reason why I have that sword." Those where his last thoughts before falling asleep.

======

Kagome ran back to the village where Kaede lives. As a priestess, Kagome was the protector of the village and its people. "Kaede!" Kagome shouted as she ran into the house. "Kaede guess who I saw this afternoon?" Kaede had her back facing Kagome and was paying no attention when her name was being called. "Kaede are you listening to me?"

"Neh child, I am busy making you're supper." She said and pick up a bowl and sat it on the table for Kagome. "So eat, you haven't been home all day." Kagome sighed and sat down. She waited for Kaede to join her. "So what is the excitement this time child?" Kaede asks as soon as she joined Kagome. "Well what I was saying is………" Kagome started. "Guess who I saw this afternoon Kaede?"

"Who child?"

"Sesshoumaru!" No sooner then she said that, Kaede spites back out her soup.

Kagome wipes her face. "Not the kind of reaction I was looking for but I guess I can ask why you did that."

"Neh child, don't speak of his name. That is Inu-Yasha's brother who still has hate in his very soul!" She cleaned off the table and got herself a new bowl of soup. Kagome watches her and starts to laugh. "What is funny child?" Kagome took in a deep breath and wipe the tears from her eyes. "You Kaede, you're always telling me these things. Sesshoumaru isn't the same anymore like some people would think; like you would think, he's different somehow." Kagome got up and took her bowl with her. "Here Kaede, I'm not hungry anyways." And walks back outside.

"That's what you think Kagome." Thought Kaede. "She acts like she's gonna be lonely all her life. My sister and Inu-yasha were promise to each other before their time." She took Kagome's bowl and poured out the soup. "Kagome is now knowing it but does not want to accept it.."

"Besides……… There is someone out there for her but who it will be, I do not know."

======

He stood by as he watches his father take off to battle. "It isn't fair!" Thought a young man as he ran after his father. "Dad why can't I go with you?"

"You can't son, you have to stay here and watch our lands."

"But I want to go and battle with you father!"

"Son we both know that next me, you're the second strongest; so you have to stay and watch these western lands. These are our lands by right and no other demon can have it!" With that said, the great lord left. Leaving the young man by himself.

Sesshoumaru awoke from his dream. He put a hand to his face and wipes away the sweat. "He left me alone just to be with my brother's mother." He said quietly. "I hate you father!" He thought has he looks at the sword again. He got even angrier as memories came back to him. Without a word, the demon got up and pick up the sword. "I hate you for what you done to me. The sword that you gave me is useless! The only good thing that came from you was you're death!" And without another thought, Sesshoumaru threw the sword out the window. "And that's what I think of you're gift."

He sat back down and for no reason, Kagome came to his thoughts. He realizes that his brother had left her alone as his father left him alone. Needless to say it was in the blood, in the genes. "Why am I even thinking about her again?" He remembers that Inu-Yasha left her alone to be with an ex priestess, he also remembered how hurt she was.

He couldn't take remembering things anymore so he got up put his robe on and went for a walk. He walks to the forest where he met Kagome earlier that day.

======

Kagome sat by the river with her knees covering her face. "Why?" She thought as tears fell from her eyes. "Why is this happening to me? What did I do to even deserve this?" What would she do now? Pretend that none of this ever happened? Kagome felt that she couldn't go on and that she was beating herself if she ever did. She made a promise after that day that she wouldn't be with anyone or anything for that matter.

"I thought love was a happy feeling but instead it feels like knifes going through all at once." She thought as she let a tear roll down her face. "Six long years and I still haven't forgotten."

Tears of legend was all she was. When Kikyo got to live a normal life, she wind up living a life that was meant for no one else. A life that was alone. A life that would not allow weakness to knock at its doors.

Kagome lefts up her head. The presents of another alerted her senses and something told her that she needs to be on guard. So she got up and got her arrows ready. These where the times that she was not allowed to let weakness enter. Her death could be any day and even now so she was to make sure to live and escape it.

"I'm ready!" She thought. Her heart beating faster as the sound of footsteps came closer. She saw that the forest was getting darker. "A shadow demon…….." She thought as she pointed her arrows in its direction. Before the young priestess had a chance, her breath was taken away and death consumed her.

======

Who knew that night, Kagome was going to die? Sesshoumaru wouldn't let it happen either. On the day they where to burn her body as they did with Kikyo when she died, Sesshoumaru showed up with Jaken by his side. "Sesshoumaru……." Inu-Yasha started. "What are you doing?" Sesshoumaru gave Inu-Yasha a dirty look and ignored him like he was some kind of bug. Every villager in there was quiet as they can be when they watch him approach Kagome's now dead body. Kikyo couldn't understand why or what he was doing so she jumps in front of him. With her arms out to stop him, she said in a stern voice. "Lord of the western lands, I know not of why you are here or what you plan but if it's to steal the jewel, you're body well soon join hers!"

"Priestess of the past, I have no fight with you. You may keep the jewel if you want but I want Kagome's body."

This was news that no villager alive would ever expected to hear not even Inu-Yasha! Soon people who where around Kagome's body where whispering among another. Miroku stood up and asks. "Why do you want Kagome's body Sesshoumaru?"

"Yeah!" Added Shippo.

Without a word Sesshoumaru brought out his sword and cut it through Kagome's body. Kikyo was in shock and slaps him. "You came here just to cut her body in half? How dare you have you no respect?"

Kaede with her arms behind her, came up to her sister and the lord and said in a half serious voice. "It seems that this lord had good intentions sister…….." Kikyo's eyes widen even more then they already where. "Are you insane Kaede? Did you not see what happened?" Kaede shook her head yes and sighed. "But look behind you sister."

Kikyo looks at her sister in bewilderment and turns around. What her eyes saw could not believe. What was now a fallen Kagome was now risen from death. Realizing that she was in the wrong, she looks back at Sesshoumaru and steps aside.

Sesshoumaru walks over to Kagome and puts her arms around his neck and told her to hold on. Without a second thought or even a word, they where in the air and away from the people.

Inu-Yasha was gonna go after them but was stop by Miroku. "ARE YOU INSAINE? MY BROTHER JUST TOOK KAGOME" Miroku shook his head and said. "No Inu-Yasha! There is a reason why things happen and there is a reason for his actions but in time we well know."

So the half demon stood and stared up to the sky. "I don't know what you plan brother and I wish I knew, but if anything happens to her; it will be you're head!"

======

A few words from Avalon: It's not as good as I thought it would be but I put it up anyways. The next chapter will be a little lemony but before I write it you're gonna have to tell me what you think.