InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ (*Untitled*) ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Another chapter and it didn't take a week!! Yay!!! Thank you all for reviewing and not killing me because there was no lemon.

Disclaimer: How many times do I have to write this? I no own Inuyasha and company.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Untitled

Chapter Seventeen

Kagome opened her eyes, stretching her arms above her head. It was morning, a time to face her actions from last night. She felt the blush cover her cheeks. God, how was she going to face Inuyasha? Worse! How was she going to face Sesshomaru?

She spent her time digging through her clothes, looking for an outfit to wear. She didn't know what to do. Should she wear something that covered her whole body so Sesshomaru couldn't make anymore arrogant remarks? Or should she wear something to grab his attention?

She settled for a red tang top that stopped just above her belly button and a pair of tight, dark blue jeans. She looked at herself in the full-length mirror and admitted she looked good. The tang top clung to her breasts and her curvy form. The jeans hugged her legs, showing off their how long they were and their slimness.

Time to face the music, she said within her mind. God, she never felt this embarrassed in her life. She can only imagine what Inuyasha was going to say to her.

She grabbed a small bag and placed her wallet, her house keys, and other small items within. She put on her white flip-flop sandals, walking out her bedroom door. Maybe she'll walk with Sango today. She had yet to find out what was going on between her and Miroku. Maybe after Sango told her, she'll tell her about the incident last night.

Memories flashed within her mind. Of Sesshomaru kissing her. Touching her. Invading her body. One vivid memory was where Kagome was touching his… his…private part! She could feel her blush returning. God, how could she do that?

She walked down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. There she found Inuyasha nibbling on a piece of toast, leaning against the counter. She stopped, nervousness developing within her stomach. Okay, so she couldn't face him. She turned on her heal, thinking she was getting out of an embarrassing conversation.

She didn't turn fast enough.

"Kagome. Stop." Inuyasha ordered.

Her mind screamed, NO! Keep going! But her body obeyed her friend's order. Maybe she did owe Inuyasha an explanation.

"Kagome."

She took a deep breath and turned around. "Hello Inuyasha." she said without looking him in the eye.

"Look, I want to talk to you about what I walked into last night."

"Nothing happened Inuyasha."

"Sure fucking looking like something happened. Goddamn it Kagome! You were in nothing but panties-" (A/N: Hmm, could you see Inuyasha saying panties?)

"A bikini bottom." she corrected.

"What?"

"I wasn't wearing panties," she said with a blush. "I went swimming and Sesshomaru went to the pool. Then we…"

"Then you went to his room! God, the pool too! I'm never gonna be able to swim in there again, wench!" Inuyasha growled, moving away from the counter.

Kagome flinched at the harsh tone in his voice. He yelled at her before, but never like this. He was really angry at her, and she really didn't understand why.

"God, Kagome. How could you do that with him of all people?"

She bowed her head, till her chin touched her chest. She could feel the tears burning her eyes. God, she was going to cry, and in front of Inuyasha. For all she knew, it'll make him even more furious.

Inuyasha grabbed her shoulders in a tight grip. His fingers dug into her flesh, making her yelp in pain. He quickly decreased the pressure, but still held onto her. Then something unexpected happened. He pulled her against his body, wrapping his arms around her body.

The tears she was trying to hold back were now falling freely down her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around his waist, pushing her face against his chest. (A/N: That bastard made her cry!!)

"I'm sorry Kagome," he whispered into her hair. "I never meant to make you cry. I'm just surprised that's all. I never expected to walk in on you and Sesshomaru…"

"I know you don't like your brother Inuyasha, and I'm sorry for that. But I can't help the way I feel."

He gave a vicious curse above her head. "You love him, don't you?"

She gave a dry laugh. "Isn't it obvious? I would bend over backwards to see him!" (A/N: So would I!!!)

She pulled away from his embrace, rubbing the tears away with the back of her hand. Inuyasha stood there looking uncomfortable, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Now listen to me Inuyasha! You say one word to Sesshomaru about what I told you, I'll come after you with a butcher knife!" she said, for the first time that morning, looking him straight in the eye. (A/N: Ah, the butcher knife. My second favorite weapon, right after my long nails. If you couldn't tell, I'm psycho.)

He held up his hands in surrender. "Okay, I won't say anything as long as you don't tell Sesshomaru I made you cry. I have a feeling, if he knew, he'll try to kick my ass."

Kagome raised an eyebrow. "Try?"

"He'll never kick my ass. I'm a far better fighter."

She smiled and shook her head. Inuyasha was just as arrogant as Sesshomaru. Though Sesshomaru still held the gold metal in that department. I wonder if he has gold metals in other departments, she wondered, blushing.

"It's a deal Inuyasha." She agreed.

They shook hands on it, finalizing the deal. Inuyasha gave her a piece if toast, telling her that she needed to eat because she looked like a twig. Kagome smacked him upside his head, saying he needed to get a brain.

"Oh by the way, your mother called." Inuyasha said.

"Really? What did she want?" Kagome asked.

"She and Gramps has to stay a few more days. Gramps found some old book, and won't let it go till he reads it."

She sat down at the kitchen table, laughing. That was Gramps. She grabbed a piece of toast from the plate, and began eating it in small pieces. Now, only one more thing to ask.

"Inuyasha?"

"Yeah."

"Is Sesshomaru here, in the house?"

"No, he left really early this morning, saying he had some business to take care of."

Business? What kind of business? Was he trying to find the people or person who threw the rock last night? Or was he trying to find the person whose been calling her?

"Thanks Inuyasha," she said standing up. "I think I'm going to go visit Sango, so we can walk to school."

"Are you sure you don't want a ride?" he asked.

"No. Sango and I have some girl things to discuss."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye."

She walked out of the house, walking down the long driveway, and heading towards Sango's house. Though Kagome's house was far from Sango's, Inuyasha's was only a block away. From there, it was about two miles to school. Though school starts at seven thirty, Kagome and her friends had study hall first, so they always went in late. They're seniors, they're allowed to do that. (A/N: At least at my school. ^__^)

Kagome turned the corner, seeing no one on the street. How odd, she thought. Usually someone is walking around. Seeing this, warning bells ringed within her head, but she ignored them. What could happen in the daytime for God's sake?

She got her answer.

She turned her head when she felt something behind her. Even when she was turning, she knew it was too late. There was nothing she could do as she caught glimpse of a man's fist coming at her. The blow went to her temple, making everything go black and stars dance before her eyes. She clawed at his material-covered face, tearing at his shirt as she went down. She fell to the ground, letting the darkness take her.

A/N: Usually I would stop there, but I wanted to make it longer so I could have another pat in the back.

She heard voices within the darkness. Familiar voices. She didn't understand where she was, or what was going on. Only thing she did know was that the side of her face hurt like hell.

"Why didn't you take her to school, you bastard?"

Sesshomaru. He was here, in the room. She felt better hearing his voice. He was pulling her back towards the light.

"Don't fucking yell at me! I offered to take her to school, but she wanted to walk instead."

Inuyasha. He was here too, wherever here was. She moved her head against the feathered pillow, wanting to return to consciousness.

"Look, she's waking up!"

Kagome opened her eyes slowly, letting them become accustomed to the light. She moved her eyes around the room, seeing her friends and her brother around her. What was going on?

"Where am I?" she asked softly.

Sota answered. "You're in the hospital, sis. You got hit in the head."

She lifted her hand to her temple, expecting the damage. She felt a huge bump beneath her fingertips. Then it all came back to her. A man punched her when she was going to Sango's house.

"How long have I been here?" she asked.

"You've been sleeping all day. It's eight o'clock at night. You must have been hit pretty hard, sis." Sota answered once more.

"Did you see who hit you, Kagome?" Sango asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Kagome shook her head. "I was just turning around when he hit me. When I was going down, I grabbed at his face, and felt he was wearing a mask."

There were a couple more questions, and Kagome did her best to answer them. Later on in the night, the police came in, asking her questions about the attack. After the questioning, her friends left, due to school the next day. Sesshomaru was the one that stayed. He sat down beside her, his fingers caressing the darkened bruise. Kagome winced, pulling away from his touch.

"I'm sorry Kagome," he whispered. "This will never happen again."

She lifted her hand, touching the side of his face, trying to give him some comfort. "You didn't know Sesshomaru."

"Still-"

Her fingers covered his mouth. "Shut up Sesshomaru."

He smiled beneath her fingers, and then captured her hand with his. He kissed each finger, and took her index finger within his mouth, sucking gently on it. She gasped, never knowing that him sucking her finger could be so exotic.

"Sesshomaru?"

"Yes Kagome?"

"Will you sleep with me tonight?" she asked softly.

He was taken aback by the question, not expecting it. Kagome didn't expect it either till she heard it come out of her mouth.

"Hmm, I always expected our first time in my bed, not a hospital's." he answered.

She blushed, and gave a nervous giggle. "Not like that. I mean will you hold me tonight?"

Sesshomaru closed his eyes, thinking about the question. Could he possibly hold her all night, and still be in control of his body? He didn't dare risk it, but Kagome was hurt and scared. He would do anything for her.

He laid his body down beside hers, pulling her into his arms, answering her question. She placed her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arm around his chest.

When Kagome finally drifted off to sleep, Sesshomaru laid awake, staring up at the ceiling. Something dark and vicious had awakened when he discovered Kagome was in the hospital. Someone dared to touch his woman. That was definitely the wrong thing to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Yay, I broke my record! This is my longest chapter!! ::Jumping up and down:: So, Kagome got hit in the head. Wonder who it was. I'll never tell. Well, I will…but later on.

Yay! Psycho Demoness was able to update! I was getting worried. I also feel bad for Inu-chan and Sesshy. Hmm, I really don't know why the move out of the water InuyashasLoveLorn. I did it for the plot. TheHellChild, two days isn't long right? Since someone threw a mouse at me, there's now one running around at my feet.

Please review!! I want to know what you think.