InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ (*Untitled*) ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

People, school sucks! I'm getting swamped with essays…then this thing called a senior research paper. And if we don't do it, or get a bad grade on it, we don't graduate. God, I hate it! Someone take me away! Please! Anyways, sorry for the lateness of this chapter. So many things going on in with life. Hectic! So, I hope you enjoy! And I apologize if it sounds bad. I was in a hurry to write this, so I could keep you people happy.

 

Disclaimer: Me no own this most wonderful anime show. Wish did. Does anyone want to give it to me for a Christmas present?!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Untitled

 

Chapter Twenty-one

 

He was growling all through the house, trying to figure out what to do. Nothing was coming to him, frustrating him more. He didn't know how to save Kagome's life. Of course, he got the ideas to storm into the place, kill everyone and blow a lot of things up; usual male ideas. But he needed a clever plan…a plan where Naraku won't know what's coming.

He needed to calm down, to relax, but he knew he couldn't. There was just one hour left before he had to meet Naraku. He had to think. Think!

Goddammit, nothing was coming to him. Sesshomaru's mind was too clouded with anger and fear. He leaned against the windowsill, staring out at the darkened sky. A few years ago, the moon was his only light in his life, but now…he has Kagome. He can't afford to lose her now.

That's it! Forget a plan. Just try to get Kagome safely out of there, no matter the cost. He'll gladly give his life to save her. (A/N: My kind of man!)

Grabbing what he needed, he traveled out the door, heading towards his car. Remembering where he had to meet the lowlife bastard, he turned on the car and drove off.

He hopes everything works out for the better. (A/N: so do I…)

 

"Five minutes," Naraku stated, "five minutes till show time."

He struggled against her captor. "He's not going to come." She yelled, knowing it was a lie. She knew that Sesshomaru would come for her, but she hoped he wouldn't. She couldn't bare it if he got hurt because of her.

He turned to her, the smirk she despised so much on his face. "Oh, he'll come," he whispered, his hand caressing her cheek, "he'll come for you."

Kagome turned her head away, not wanting his touch. Naraku found this amusing and decided to torture her more. His fingers moved through her hair, making a sound of disgust come from the lady's mouth. He laughed as his fingers moved down her slender neck. (A/N: You can tell he's enjoying it.) His fingers traveled lower, stroking the skin that was exposed. He decided not to give her any other clothes, thinking it would be a great advantage over Sesshomaru. (A/N: Meaning, she's still in the blanket….only the blanket.)

"Move any lower, I'll cut off your fingers." The voice cut through the darkness, stopping Naraku.

"Sesshomaru," Naraku whispered, "glad you could make it."

He turned around, pushing Kagome towards Inuyasha, watching as the man who ruined his life walked into the light. Oh, how long he waited for this moment!

Sesshomaru walked calmly towards the small group, but his attention was on the woman being held by his brother. He could tell she was afraid, but she likely wasn't going to show it. She was too proud.

"Inuyasha," Naraku said evenly, "take Kagome into the warehouse. I'll like to have a private conversation with Sesshomaru."

The handsome silver-haired man glared daggers at his brother as he forcibly dragged Kagome away, but gave no protest. He knew it was useless to argue. So, he watched, silently, as she kicked and screamed obscene phrases at the young man; until they disappeared into the warehouse.

"Well, here I am Naraku." Sesshomaru stated.

"Yes, here you are," Naraku agreed, "but now what to do with you?"

He circled around like a panther stalking its prey. However, Sesshomaru stood there, waiting patiently for the answer. (A/N: Dude, the woman you love is in warehouse, barely clothed with another male…Do something! Please excuse me. I like to pretend this is really happening. Umm…anyways…)

"Aren't you going to beg and plead for your woman's life Sesshomaru?"

He turned his gaze to the man circling around him. "Would you let her go?" he asked coolly.

"No, but it would be nice to hear you beg." He said, stopping in front of him. "Follow me."

He followed his enemy, walking around the warehouse to the back, leading to some stairs. Traveling up them, he arrived at a room, dimly lit by a few candles. Now what was going to happen, he thought.

Naraku walked to the other end of the room, removing a sword hanging from the wall. Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow as Naraku threw the sword at him, catching the weapon in midair. He stared at its beautiful sheath, wondering. What's going on?

Naraku removed another sword, taking it out of its sheath. "For so long I wanted this Sesshomaru, and now is the time to get the revenge I want. You're going to fight me."

"And if I refuse?" he asked.

"Then your woman won't be graduating high school."

Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed, taking out the beautifully sculpted sword from its sheath. Throwing the scabbard across the room, he said, "Then let us fight."

With that, Sesshomaru charged forward, ready to kill.

 

"Don't touch me!" she yelled at him, getting her arm out of his grasp.

"Don't test me Kagome. You know my temper." He warned her.

She growled at him, the fire of hatred burning in her eyes. "I hope you get what's coming to you Inuyasha."

She moved away from him, sitting down on a small crate. Crossing her arms across her chest, she rubbed the upper part of her arms. Damn, it's cold in here, she thought. They don't have heat in warehouses or something? Now if Sesshomaru was here-

Sesshomaru!

She forgot that he was outside, alone, with Naraku. (A/N: And you just now remembered?) She hoped that he was alright. Yet, she also hoped that he was kicking Naraku's ass.

 

Sword clashed with sword. A dance only the most skilled men knew. A dance that began so many centuries ago, and will never be forgotten. (A/N: I felt like putting that in.)

Sesshomaru pulled away from his opponent, trying to catch his breath. This wasn't going very well. Every move that he made, Naraku countered, laughing all the way. He had to come up with something, and fast.

"Scared Sesshomaru?" Naraku asked, leaning against his sword.

He growled in return. "I'll never be afraid of you Naraku. You're pathetic, using other people to do your dirty work. You give me no reason to be afraid."

That must have hit a nerve because Naraku came charging forward, knocking Sesshomaru to the ground. "If you're not afraid, then why is there fear in your eyes?" he asked, the tip of his sword going to the beating vein in Sesshomaru's neck.

He had to do something and he had to do it quick.

Remembering when he walked into the room, a plan was created within his mind. He smiled up at the man leaning over him. "That's not fear in my eyes, Naraku. If you would know, it's the knowing that victory is coming my way."

Tightening his grip around the sword, he flung the sword upwards, colliding into the candles. Naraku watched in shock as the candles fall, the flame spreading across the paper, which covered the floor. He moved away from his rival, wanting to get from the fire.

Sesshomaru got up, watching Naraku. "Scared Naraku?" asking the same question he was asked before.

Dropping the sword to the ground, he ran out the door. Now he just had to get Kagome.

 

Kagome stared off into the distance, watching as smoke began to form. Her brow furrowed. What's that?

"Inuyasha, what's that?" she asked.

Inuyasha stared in the direction that she was. He could see the smoke, and then orange broke through the darkness. He knew what that was!

"Kagome run! Fire!" he yelled.

He ran away, leaving Kagome by herself. (A/N: Asshole!) Gathering her courage she ran after him, only to be stop by the hot enemy.

The fire burned brightly, blinding Kagome. She crouched down in a corner, trying to stay away from the heat. The fire moved around her, removing all means of escape. She was trapped, and there was nothing she could do about it.

The orange and yellow dancers (A/N: Fire people.) creped closer, skimming along the blanket that covered her body. She screamed, pulling the sheet closer. What was she going to go?

She desperately looked around, trying to look for something that could help her. Buckets, pieces of wood, clothe. Nothing that proved to be useful.

Black smoke surrounded her, suffocating her. God, this was the end. She was going to be burned alive. (A/N: A wonderful way to die! Not….) She never even got to tell Sesshomaru that she loved him. Now, he'll never know.

As she was giving up hope, a voice came destroying it all.

"Kagome! Kagome, where are you?"

Her head snapped up, tears burning her eyes. He came to save her! (A/N: Of course silly. He loves you!)

"Sesshomaru, over here." She yelled back.

She could hear objects being thrown across the room, wood being broken. He was allowing nothing to get in his way. (A/N: Awwwwwwww, why can't guys be like that anymore? Willing to save you no matter the danger. Sigh…)

Sesshomaru came into view, his eyes widening on the sight before him. Kagome was completely surrounded by fire, which only means one solution.

"Kagome, you have to jump over the fire."

She stood up immediately, placing her hands on her hips. "Are you kidding? You actually think I'm going to jump over fire?"

"Kagome, you have to drop the blanket and jump over."

Instinctively, she wrapped the blanket tighter around her. "I'm not dropping this blanket! I have nothing on underneath!"

"Trust me Kagome." Sesshomaru said calmly, staring into her eyes.

Now, how to you respond to that? Kagome bowed her head in defeat and dropped the blanket. With a deep breath, swallowing her fear, she jumped over the fire, running into his arms.

He enclosed his arms around her, smelling her hair. God, he was so scared when he realized that Kagome was still in the warehouse. He thought he wouldn't reach her in time. He was relieved to know she was all right.

Pulling away from the embrace, he pulled his shirt over his head, handing it to her. "Put this on. It should cover you."

And it did. It covered her from the bottom of her neck to the middle of her thighs. (A/N: That is why I stole my boyfriend's shirt. Hehe.)

Grabbing her hand, he pulled her along the maze of the warehouse. He could hear her coughing behind him, but now was not the time to worry about it. The most important thing right now was getting out.

After minutes of searching and avoiding flaming boards, he found the exit to the building. Quickly gaining speed, he dragged Kagome out, giving her a taste of fresh air in what seemed like hours.

The fireman escorted Kagome to the ambulance, wanting to see if she was going to be okay. Sesshomaru stood there, the heat beating against his bare back. His gaze moved across the area, noticing only one thing. His brother was nowhere in sight.

Could he still be inside?

Forgetting all the betrayal Inuyasha put him through, he took a deep breath, and went through the flaming door. He had to save his little brother. (A/N: Now there's a hero for you.)

Kagome watched from the ambulance as Sesshomaru ran back into the burning building. What in hell is he going? She pushed away the medic, and raced towards the entrance. However, she was stopped twenty feet away.

"No! Let me go!" she yelled, struggling with the fireman.

"I'm sorry ma'am. But I can't let you go back in there. The building about to collapse." He stated, holding her flying limbs.

"But you don't understand. Someone is still in ther-"

She never got to finish the sentence. She watched in horror as the roof collapsed, falling to the ground. Oh God!

"SESSHOMARU!"

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Muhahahahaha. How's that ending? Hahahaha. I'm thinking that there's one more chapter to go, possibly two. I really don't know. I'm sorry the fight scene sounds so bad. It's not my specialty.

 

Will Sesshomaru make it out alive? What about Inuyasha? What about Naraku?

 

Please review!!!!