InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ (*Untitled*) ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I take it that some people like what I did to Inuyasha, and others do not. I'm sorry for making him evil, and for it to be completely off character….but it just seemed so…cool. It was something unexpected, and that was what I was aiming for. Once again, I'm sorry.

 

Disclaimer: The animated series Inuyasha does not belong to me.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

 

Untitled

 

Chapter Twenty

 

Kagome leaned against the cold wall, wrapping the blanket tighter around her. She didn't like this place. It was cold, drafty, and worst of all it had bugs! She was taken out of the warmth of Sesshomaru's arms to be put in this hellhole of a place. How she missed to escape.

It's been a couple hours since she was kidnapped, or so she thought. She really couldn't tell the time. Plus, it was the last on her list of issues. She had other things to think about. If Sesshomaru was okay, and what is going on with Inuyasha?

When Inuyasha first walked into the door, she didn't know what was going on. Why was he working for someone who was trying to kill his brother? Why did he say that he was in Sesshomaru's shadow?

So many questions….but no answers.

"Open the door."

"Yes sir."

The voices made her snap her head up, staring towards the door. She tried to push herself into the wall, trying to get away. But of course it wasn't working. Which one of her teachers said that we could walk through walls if we set our mind to it? (A/N: One of my teachers last year said that. I tried it a couple times, but I only got hurt in the process…hehe.)

She heard the key click in place, and watched as the door slowly opened. She pulled the blanket to cover her eyes as the light touched her slate gray irises. It's been hours since she seen light.

"Kagome…" a voice whispered from above her.

She immediately turned her head upwards, staring up at the man leaning over her. The man that she called her friend for so long. The man that she trusted with her secrets…her life. The man that betrayed her.

"Inuyasha…" she whispered back.

He waved his hand in the air, the door snapping shut behind him. He walked closer to her, stopping a foot away.

"How are you Kagome?" he asked.

Rage came swiftly within her body. How dare he ask her that, after everything that has happened! What was wrong with him? He attacked his brother! Kidnapped her! She hated the fact that she was called him her friend.

"Don't ask me how I am you bastard!" she yelled, standing up, clutching the blanket to her chest. "I was kidnapped! Pulled away from Sesshomaru! Taken away with no more than this blanket and you dare to ask me how I am! Go to hell Inuyasha!" (A/N: Way a go Kagome!)

He took a step back, surprised by her outburst. He expected her to be confused, scared, possibly a little mad, but not furious.

"Kagome…"

"Why Inuyasha! Why did you take me away?"

"It wasn't my idea. It was Naraku's. I only wanted-"

"I don't care whose idea it was. You were apart of it!"

"Well, I'm sorry Kagome!" he said, yelling his apology. (A/N: When someone yells at you, you yell back…well it's that way for me.)

She gasped, retreating in fear. That was the first time Inuyasha ever yelled at her. Except for a few names brought her way, he never lost his temper at her. He's different…what made him this way? Naraku? Bullies at school? Sesshomaru…?

She lowered her tone. "Tell me why Inuyasha. Why did you join with Naraku?"

"All my life, I was told of my older brother. How strong he was, how brave he was, how completely irresistible he was. I was sick how it. Dad used to ask me, `Why can't you be more like your brother?' `Why can't you control your emotions like Sesshomaru?' Sesshomaru was always in Father's eyes! It was never me! Well, now I'm changing that! I'm gonna prove that I'm stronger that my good-for-nothing half-brother!"

Kagome crowded in the corner, afraid of the lunatic man. (A/N: Inuyasha has gone insane!!!!! Therapy anyone?) His reason was understandable. The love of a parent is important to growing adolescents, and when they are overlooked because of a sibling, they do drastic things. (A/N: Do I sound smart?) Slash their tires. Dismember their dolls or action figures. But never this! Never going as far as actually killing their sibling!

"Inuyasha, Sesshomaru is your brother. He loves you, no matter if he does deny it. You must believe that. He never meant for your father to act the way he did!" she said, trying to convince him.

"Shut up Kagome! When Sesshomaru gets the message and walks into our trap, he's dead for sure." He said, grabbing her arm, dragging her closer. (A/N: This sounds so movie like. Oh well…)

She squealed as she felt the tightness of his grip. There certainly was going to be a bruise there in the morning, but she mostly squealed from what he told her. They can't kill Sesshomaru! She hasn't told him yet!

He flung her across the room, her body coming in contact with the cold floor. She cried out as the pain spread throughout her body. Her elbow and hip were throbbing. Why did he do that?

"I'm sorry for what is happening," he whispered, walking to the door, "but there is no other way."

He knocked on the thickly wooden door, and the guard outside immediately opened it. One last glance in her direction, he walked out the door, his head held high. The door closed behind him, was again placing the room in seductive darkness.

Kagome pulled herself upwards, leaning against the stonewall. She refused to believe that anything bad could happen, but the proof was there…rolling down her cheeks…

 

CRASH!

Purple clay pieces fell to the floor, making a mess that Sesshomaru did want to pick up. There was a great deal of anger in him, and the vase took much of it. It was the only thing close enough to throw. He was sure he'll get yelled at later.

However, none of that mattered now. All that mattered was Kagome…sweet, lovable Kagome. The woman he swore to protect, and failed miserably. How could he live with himself if something happened to her?

He paced around the room, cursing himself for letting his guard down. He never expected Naraku to attack so soon. He also never expected Inuyasha….

Inuyasha.

His jaw clenched as he thought about the younger male. The man that he once called his brother. He couldn't wait to get his hands on him. To tear out his eyes, rip off his fingernails, anything that would cause him great pain. He deserves it, he thought. He deserves for what he has done!

And what I'll do to Naraku will-

A constant high tone ringing filled the room, stopping his thoughts. He searched around, concluding that his cell phone on the table was the cause. With two quick strides, he arrived at the small table, placing the phone to his ear.

"Hello." he growled.

"Hello Sesshomaru."

Naraku!

His hand tightened around his phone, a growl forming from deep within his throat. "Where is Kagome you bastard?"

An evil laugh filled his ear. "She's right here beside me. A lovely creature she is. Lovely pale skin, luscious curves, beautiful-"

"I swear to God, if you touch Kagome, I'll tear you to pieces."

"Protective aren't we Sesshomaru? Do you love her? If you do, that'll make her situation so much more enjoyable, at least for me anyways." Again the laughter came.

Fear came quickly, spreading throughout his body, overpowering him. God, what was he going to do? He wouldn't allow any harm to come to Kagome…the woman he loved.

His head bent to his chest, his eyes closing in defeat. "What do you want Naraku?"

"Simple-"

"Don't listen to him Sesshomaru. Don't do anything he says!" a voice yelled from the background.

Kagome!

"Kagome. Are you alright?" he yelled back, thankful to know that she was alive.

"She won't be." Naraku answered.

A loud slap came from the other line, as well as a woman's scream. His hand tightened, nearly breaking the phone. How dare he slap Kagome!

"Asshole," he snarled, "you touch her once more-"

"Shut up Sesshomaru. I'm the one the makes the rules here, not you. Understand?"

Afraid for Kagome, he answered, "Yes."

"Good, now listen up."

Naraku declared what he wanted Sesshomaru to do, clearly explaining every detail. He didn't want anything to go wrong. (A/N: Of course not. He's been after Sesshomaru for so long…)

"Let me talk to Kagome." Sesshomaru ordered when his enemy finished the instructions.

"I'm sorry, she's kind of indisposed for the moment. Try again later. Until later Sesshomaru."

Click.

He threw the cell phone on to the table, his fist slamming into the table. God, everything wasn't going right. What was he going to do?

What was he going to do…

He had forty-eight hours to plan…forty-eight hours to save Kagome's life. No matter what, he would save her.

No matter what.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

La la, so whatcha all think? Be honest now.

 

So what is Sesshomaru going to do? What is going to happen to Kagome in the hands of Naraku and Inuyasha? What does Kagome have to tell Sesshomaru? Okay that one is pretty obvious…but, shhhhhhh. Hmm….I guess you'll just have to wait and find out….hehehehe.

 

Please review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!