InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ News; letter (kiss 2) ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

News or Letter (kiss 2)
 
 
By kira
 
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
 
FYI: The line Jak sings to Suikotsu is from the Shoop Shoop Song, by Rudy Clark.
 
 
An onnagata is a male actor in female Kabuki roles. Jakotsu puts a modern spin on this traditional art form.
 
Okama: Japanese slang for an effeminate man, especially a drag queen, and can also refer to one's behind or anus. It also means a pot. When used to refer to a gay man it can have negative connotations.
 
 
888
 
 
Bankotsu stared at the phone for several minutes, before picking the receiver up, and dialing.
 
 
Hello?
 
 
“Hello, Oba-chan? It's me, Ban.”
 
 
Hello, Bankotsu. Is everything alright?
 
 
“Yes. Everything okay with you?”
 
 
Yes. So? Bankotsu's aunt prompted; her voice full of amusement.
 
 
“I've got good news!! I met the love of my life yesterday!”
 
 
You did? Who is she?
 
 
“Ummm... she's a he, Oba-chan.”
 
 
I see.
 
 
“You're not upset?”
 
 
No. Love is love, Bankotsu. It has no gender. And if this person makes you happy, then that's all that counts.
 
 
“Thanks, Oba-chan.”
 
 
Don't mention it. So, what's his name and what is he like?
 
 
“Hibiya Jackson, although, he's known professionally as `Jakotsu-chan.' Ummm... what's he like? Well, he's funny and outrageous, and easy to listen to and he's beautiful...”
 
 
Beautiful?
 
 
“Yeah, he dresses up like a woman professionally and he's drop dead gorgeous.”
 
 
Ah...So he's an onnagata? It takes a long time to become very good at that profession. He's very much older than you, then? his aunt said, carefully keeping the hope that this Jakotsu-chan was not an okama out of her voice, for she felt her nephew deserved better than that.
 
 
“Oh no... he's only a few years older than I am, Oba-chan. And he only does kabuki when he can't get another job.”
 
 
So how good an onnagata can he be?
 
 
“Very good! If you'd seen him, you'd know. I've known women who don't do half as good as job at being one than he does. When he dresses up, Oba-chan, he becomes a woman... it's really amazing to see. I wish you could have come to the shoot yesterday. Wait! You still read those glamour magazines, right?”
 
 
Yes...?
 
 
“He's probably in one of them. Sessh saw him in a Maybelline ad in one of girlfriend's magazines.”
 
 
I'll have a look later, Bankotsu.
 
 
“Okay. I really want you to meet him, Oba-chan. I think you'd like him.”
 
 
If he makes you as happy as you sound, then I'm sure I will love him.
 
 
Bankotsu laughed. “You're the best, Oba-chan.”
 
 
I love you too, Bankotsu. Bye...”
 
 
“Bye...” Bankotsu hung up.
 
 
888
 
 
On the other side of Tokyo, Jakotsu picked up the phone in his apartment and dialed.
 
 
Hello?
 
 
“Hey, Sui! Guess what?!” the cross-dresser said excitedly.
 
 
What? Suikotsu replied sleepily. As a pediatrician, he had been on call last night at the hospital where he ran a clinic and he had just gotten home after spending the night dealing with a young patient's parents.
 
 
“I met the most gorgeous, wonderful, adorable guy on the planet! We went out on a date after work and I had the best time!”
 
 
Oh...” his friend yawned into the phone. Sorry, I just got home myself.
 
 
“I'm the one who should be sorry, Sui. I didn't mean to wake you.”
 
 
I'm not mad, Jak. I'm glad you found someone special, but aren't your rushing things a bit?
 
 
“It's been two years, Sui. I think we both need to put Naraku and Kikyou behind us and get on with life.”
 
 
True, Suikotsu said thoughtfully. So does this paragon of manliness have a name?
 
 
Jakotsu laughed. “Kusao Bankotsu.”
 
 
Like the record producer? Are you sure he's not bullshitting you?
 
 
“Nope, because he is the record producer!”
 
 
Suikotsu, now fully awake, said, You're kidding me!
 
 
Jakotsu giggled. “No! You know how I knew it was going to be good?”
 
 
How?
 
 
“When he kissed me!”
 
 
Suikotsu chuckled on the end of the line.
 
 
“I know it sounds corny and clichéd, but it's true! It was so unexpected, Sui. I was completely caught off guard by it.”
 
 
Yeah?
 
 
“Yeah! I've been kissed plenty of times by guys, most of them looking to see if being with me is the same as being with a woman, but this time it was different. I'm sure it started out that way for him, but something changed... I don't know what it was and I don't even think he knew what it was, but it was like something out of a cheap, trashy, romance novel, you know?”
 
 
No, I don't, but I'll take your word for it.
 
 
“`And if you want to know if he loves you so...'” Jakotsu sang. “`It's in his kiss...'”
 
 
Suikotsu laughed. You're a nut, you know that?
 
 
“Yeah... but this lil nut is deliriously in love.”
 
 
Suikotsu chuckled. Tell me something I don't already know.
 
 
“I know, I'm fool, Sui, but what can I say?”
 
 
That's why we all love you, Jak. Still, I'd feel better if you took things slow. I don't want to see you getting hurt again, okay?
 
 
“I know, you've always been such a good friend to me and I appreciate it.”
 
 
No problem.
 
 
“And I feel badly I woke you. Anyway, I'd better go as he promised to call me this afternoon.”
 
 
Then I guess he's a keeper. Suikotsu chuckled. Maybe we can meet for lunch in the next few days and you can tell me all about him.
 
 
“Sure!”
 
 
Bye, Jak.
 
 
“Bye, Sui!”
 
 
888
 
 
Sesshomaru looked over at his friend and producer/manger. Seeing that he was in a bit of a daze, he reached over and cued the mike for him. “That was good, little brother. We can lay down the vocal tracks tomorrow,” he said, tilting his head towards Bankotsu, and shrugging.
 
 
Inuyasha nodded and took off his headphones. Unplugging his guitar, and ignoring the others, the blond guitarist left to start packing it away.
 
 
“Whenever you're ready we can go,” Sesshomaru said as he stood up to leave. “All the major tracks have been laid down and all we need now are the vocals and we can start mixing this puppy in two days.” When Bankotsu made no move to go, or any sign that he had heard him, Sesshomaru said, “Earth to, Bankotsu. Come in, Ban. Over.” He waved his hand in front of the younger man's face.
 
 
“Sessh?”
 
 
“Aah, you're alive!” Sesshomaru grinned. “How was your trip to outer space and back?”
 
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and grinned sheepishly. “Good.”
 
 
“Oh good... So anything you want to tell me?” The blond guitarist quirked his eyebrow at him as he leaned against the sound board and folded his arms neatly across his chest.
 
 
“Like what?”
 
 
“Like your date with Jakotsu. I saw you two leaving together and you were late for work this morning and umm...” Sesshomaru waggled his eyebrows suggestively.
 
 
Bankotsu shook his head. “It was just dinner and back to his place for some tea, Nosey. And don't give me that face; nothing happened because I had to leave early. I was late because I overslept this morning.” Not to mention that I called my aunt about it, but you don't need to know that.
 
 
“Well?”
 
 
“Well what?” Bankotsu said peevishly.
 
 
“That's it? That's all the news fit to print? Tea and crumpets and nothing else? No ripping each other's clothes off, no rolling around in designer sheets, no hot steamy dog-sex... No nothing?”
 
 
“Nope. My date was exactly the same as the ones you go on with Rin except Jak and I didn't go to the arcade.”
 
 
Sesshomaru chuckled. “You're kidding.”
 
 
“I kid you not, Sessh. You know, maybe if you got some help for your Lolita complex, you'd have a normal sex life instead of listening to everyone else's gory details.”
 
 
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes. “I guess it's true what they say, `no news is good news,' hunh?”
 
 
Bankotsu grinned. “I did promise to call him today.”
 
 
“Yeah?”
 
 
“Yup. So while you're telling everyone the news, I'm going to call him.”
 
 
“Sounds good to me.”
 
 
Bankotsu smiled and shook his head as he got up to leave. Walking out of the studio, he waved at Sesshomaru while patting his pockets, looking for his cell phone.
 
 
888
 
 
Jakotsu puttered about the tiny kitchen space, gathering the things together he needed to make himself a cup of tea. While he waited for the water to boil he dialed home.
 
 
Hello?
 
 
“Hey, Haha-ue! It's me Jak!”
 
 
Jackson. How is everything?
 
 
“Just peachy! How's everything with you and Chichi-ue?”
 
 
Fine. Your father wants to know when you're going to come to work with him.
 
 
“Tell him I'll be there tomorrow if I can wear my black leather miniskirt,” Jakotsu said tartly.
 
 
Jackson! his mother said warningly.
 
 
“Sorry, Haha-ue. Anyway, I'm too happy to get in argument about getting a `real job.' You want to know why?”
 
 
Why, my son? Jakotsu could hear the smile returning to her voice.
 
 
Jakotsu sighed dreamily. “Haha-ue, I met someone special yesterday.”
 
 
Yes? Is she from a good family?
 
 
“Haha-ue, it's not a she, it's a he. Please, don't say anything, Haha-ue. It's not a phase I'm ever going to grow out of and the quicker you and Chichi-ue accept that, the happier you'll be.”
 
 
Jakotsu heard his mother sigh.
 
 
So this... man, makes you happy, my son?
 
 
“Yes...” Jakotsu took a deep breath to calm himself as he felt his eyes stinging with happy tears at his mother's effort to understand him. “He does. He's very wealthy, Haha-ue. Any girl would be lucky to have him.”
 
 
Then I will be happy for you.
 
 
“Thanks, Haha-ue.”
 
 
You're welcome, Jackson. Just try not to make a public spectacle out of yourself, okay? She left the “embarrass your father” unsaid.
 
 
“I promise.”
 
 
Bye, my son.
 
 
“Bye, Haha-ue. Love you!”
 
 
I love you too, Jackson.
 
 
888
 
 
Bankotsu looked around frantically for his cell phone. He had promised to call Jakotsu and since he had entered his phone number in his contacts, it would have been a simple matter to call up the number and hit “send” and have it dial it for him. Since he could not find his phone, this called for desperate measures. He walked into his office and closed the door behind him. Opening his laptop, he quickly went to his email page.
 
 
“Great! It's still here!” he said to himself when he spotted Jakotsu's email address. After a quick copy and paste, he was busy composing an email he prayed the cross-dresser would get.
 
 
Hey Jak!
 
 
I'm sorry, I haven't called you yet. Stupid me lost my cell phone and with it, your phone number. I want to thank you for the great time I had last night and I hope we can do it again real soon.
 
 
Ban
 
 
He hit send and closed his laptop.
 
 
888
 
 
Jakotsu gave the phone one last look and sadly walked out of the kitchen into the living room. He turned on the TV and sat down on the floor to watch. After a few minutes of channel surfing, and finding nothing good on, he decided to go online instead. He switched off the TV and got out his laptop from the closet. Sitting back down on the floor, he opened it and waited for it to boot up.
 
 
“Ooh! I've got mail.”
 
 
The cross-dresser opened the email and read it. He does like me...Yes! He quickly dashed off a reply.
 
 
Hi Ban,
 
 
So that's what happened to you. Yes, I sat by the phone all morning wondering if you'd call. And yes, I was a little disappointed when you didn't, but somehow, your simple little email made me feel a lot better. I don't know if it was the kind of old fashioned feel to it like a letter or what, but it was really sweet!
 
 
Of course I would love to do it again real soon! Email me back the details, okay?
 
 
Jak
 
 
The cross-dresser hit send and waited. A few minutes later he had a reply. Tonight!! Yes!! I'm going on another date!! Laughing happily, Jakotsu hugged himself while he thought about what to wear for his date. He smiled as he wondered where Bankotsu would take him...