InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Invincible; unrivaled (kiss 16) ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Invincible; unrivaled (kiss 16)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
Thank you, Jen, for looking this over for me. You're the best!
 
888
 
“I am invincible!” Jakotsu laughed as he danced around their bedroom.
 
“Tell me about it,” Bankotsu quipped tiredly.
 
“I thought I just did,” the cross-dresser deadpanned.
 
The shorter man heaved a long suffering sigh. “You're also unrivaled when it comes to being a nutter too.”
 
“What about Sessh?” The cross-dresser stood still, quirking his eyebrow at him, his arms folded neatly across his chest.
“I don't think Sessh is this nutty. Besides, I don't feel like talking about Sessh; I'm more interested in why you're busy prancing around in your underwear, telling me how invincible you are.” Bankotsu chuckled.
 
Jakotsu giggled. “No reason... I just felt like saying it.” He turned around and wiggled his butt at his lover.
 
Bankotsu reached over, and grabbing a pillow, he threw it at his life partner.
 
“Hey!” The cross-dresser whirled around and stood there, his hands on hips, mock-glaring at his life-partner. “I was busy doing the dance of unrivaled invincibility!” His glare quickly melted into a smirky smile.
 
Bankotsu smiled back at him. “And I loved it, Sweetness, but I have a headache.” And a body ache too...
 
“Oh...”
 
“I'm sorry, Sweetness, I really appreciate you trying to initiate `let-me-make-you-feel-better-sex' but I think I'm coming down with something.”
 
Jakotsu hurried over to him and sat down on the bed next to Bankotsu. Placing the back of his hand against his life-partner's forehead, he said, “You are a little warmish. Would you like me to make you some warm milk and honey?”
 
Bankotsu nodded as Jakotsu fussed over him, fluffing the pillows, and tucking him in. The cross-dresser leaned over and kissed his cheek, before getting up and grabbing his kimono, which his shrugged into. “I'll be right back,” he said softly as he left the room and padded quietly down the hallway to the kitchen.
 
Bankotsu closed his eyes and listened to the sounds coming from the kitchen as he dozed off. He hated getting sick because he always felt he had too much work to do and could not afford to waste the time lying in bed. And yet, having someone fussing over him, and taking care of minor details like comfort food, was oddly soothing, like he had permission to get sick.
 
“Miss me?” the cross-dresser said impishly when he entered their bedroom, startling his life-partner awake.
 
“Yes.” Bankotsu sat up in bed and took the proffered cup when Jakotsu came over and handed it to him. He sipped it at first, and discovering it was not too hot, Bankotsu drank it. The warm milk soothed the beginnings of his sore throat and its warmth, when it filled his stomach, radiated outwards, easing his chill. “Thanks...”
 
“Don't mention it.” Jakotsu took the empty cup and set it down on the bedside table. “Do you want me stay or go?”
 
“Please stay...” Bankotsu said sleepily.
 
“Okay.” The cross-dresser walked over to his side of the bed. Taking off his kimono, he draped it on the foot of the bed and crawled in, spooning in behind Bankotsu. He did not like how warm the smaller man was, but he was ready in case the sick man woke up later, having brought along some aspirin and a glass of water that he set on the dresser when entered the room. For now, he was content to cuddle Bankotsu and watch over him until he also fell asleep.
 
Several hours later, Bankotsu woke up, drenched in sweat and shivering. “Sweetness...” he rasped softly. “Sweetness...?”
 
“Hunh...?” The cross-dresser yawned as he struggled to surface from his dream. “Ban honey...?” he said, repeating it. “Ban honey, everything okay?”
 
“No... It's cold in here, can you get me another blanket and some more milk with honey for my throat...?”
 
Jakotsu sat up, glanced at his bedside clock, before leaning over, and laid a hand on his lover's forehead. “You're burning up. I've got some aspirin and a glass of water. I'll go get them for you.” He carefully threw back the covers and got up out of bed. Padding over to the dresser, and retrieving the bottle of aspirin and water glass, he walked back over to Bankotsu. “Here...” He handed the glass to his life-partner, after Bankotsu reluctantly sat up. “I'm sorry, Ban honey, but you have to sit up...” Jakotsu frowned as he shook a couple of aspirin out of the bottle and handed them over. “I'll be back in a few with your milk.” He took the glass and aspirin with him when he left the room. At five in the morning, Bankotsu wouldn't need any more until later.
 
888
 
If only it wasn't so early, I could call Sui and have him come over, Jakotsu thought as he bustled around the kitchen, gathering the things he needed to make another cup of warm milk and honey.
 
Jakotsu set the pot on the stove and waited. When the milk started to foam up around the sides of the pot, he drizzled in some honey and stirred as he turned off the stove. A quick taste to make sure it wasn't too hot, and Jakotsu poured the honeyed milk into a waiting mug. Rubbing his neck tiredly as he put the dirty pot in the sink and turned on the water, filling it so that it could soak until later, Jakotsu turned and walked over to the mug and picked it up. He hurried back to their bedroom, wondering as he traveled down the hallway if he should wake up Bankotsu or not if he was sleeping.
 
“Sweetness...? Is it ready?”
 
Bankotsu sounded so pitiful when the cross-dresser entered the room, that Jakotsu would have run the last few steps if he could have seen a bit better in the dark. “Yeah,” he said, making his way over to him. “Sit up.” He helped Bankotsu drink, and after setting down the mug next to the other one, he said, “I'm calling Sui later as I've never seen you this sick before. Usually I'm the one dying and you're the one with the sniffles.”
 
“I'm sorry...”
 
“Why? It's about time I returned the favor and took care of you.” Jakotsu yawned and headed back over to his side of the bed.
 
“Thanks...” Bankotsu murmured sleepily.
 
“Don't mention it...” the cross-dresser said, crawling back into bed.
 
Several hours later he was back in the kitchen repeating the process, although this time he was on the phone with his friend Suikotsu.
 
So let me get this straight, Jak, you were doing the dance of unrivaled invincibility and Ban said he had a headache.
 
“Yeah...”
 
And you were upset at first because he turned you down and said he had headache, but it turned out he also had a fever and a sore throat?
 
“Uh-hunh...”
 
Okay... Any other symptoms?
 
“None except he's been sleeping a lot more than usual.”
 
It sounds like the flu; there's a lot of it going around. Just keep doing what you're doing and try to minimize your contact with him. The last thing you need is to get sick with it, especially since you just recently got over having pneumonia.
 
“Alright, Sui...”
 
I know it's hard, but try. You can show him your unrivaled invincibility when he's better.
 
Jakotsu laughed. “Okay. Thanks, Sui.”
 
You're welcome. Oh and, Jak?
 
“Yeah?”
 
If his fever gets worse, call me.
 
“Will do. Bye, Sui.”
 
Bye.
 
888
 
Five days later, Bankotsu woke up, feeling slightly better than he had in days. He was happy his stuffy nose and achiness was gone along with the sore throat and cough. For the first time since he had gotten sick, Jakotsu's arm around him while they slept did not bother him. In fact, it felt comforting and the cross-dresser's soft raspy snore was like music to his ears.
 
He snuggled into Jakotsu's embrace and closed his eyes. A vague memory of the cross-dresser prancing around in his underwear came to mind and Bankotsu chuckled softly. Unfortunately, he shook slightly as he laughed, waking the cross-dresser.
 
“You okay, Ban honey?” Jakotsu said sleepily.
 
“Yeah... I'm feeling much better today.”
 
“That's good...” The cross-dresser yawned, and picking his arm up, he stretched and rubbed the back of his neck.
 
“I'm sorry I woke you.”
 
“That's okay.”
 
“I really appreciate you looking after me like you did.” Bankotsu rolled over to face him.
 
“It was my pleasure, Ban honey.” Jakotsu gently stroked his cheek.
 
“Uh, Sweetness...?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I had the strangest dream... I don't know why I remember it so vividly, unless I was feverish at the time and that had something to do it.” He laughed softly. “Or maybe it was because you were in it...”
 
“I was?”
 
“Yeah... You were ummm... dancing in your underwear.”
 
Jakotsu laughed. “That wasn't a dream, Ban honey.” The cross-dresser kissed his life-partner's nose. “That was the dance of unrivaled invincibility.”
 
“The what?”
 
“The dance of unrivaled invincibility.” Jakotsu grinned. “Would you like me to show you?”
 
“Okay...”
 
Jakotsu got up out of bed and stretched. A few minutes later, he stripped down to his underwear and walked to the foot of the bed. Bankotsu had sat up and waited.
 
“It looks better when I'm wearing my lucky panties, but these will have to do.”
 
Bankotsu laughed. “I can't believe you're actually wearing men's underwear. Seriously, I didn't think you owned any.”
 
“I do, I just save them for special occasions,” the cross-dresser smirked. “Anyway, let me do the dance for you.”
 
“Go right ahead.”
 
Jakotsu nodded. “I am invincible!” He turned around and started shaking his butt. Bankotsu sat there, hugging himself, as the laughter started erupting from him in little snorts and snickers. Turning around, the cross-dresser smirked. “I am invincible!” he repeated, and whirling around, he bent over and shook his butt at his life-partner again.
 
Bankotsu screwed his eyes shut as he laughed out loud. “Sweetness... hehehe...please... hahaha... you're...hehehe...killing...hahaha...me...”
 
Jakotsu stopped dancing and turned around. “That's the dance of unrivaled invincibility,” he deadpanned.
 
“I see...” Bankotsu wheezed.
 
“You okay?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Feeling invincible yet?” Jakotsu walked back over to his side of the bed.
 
“A little...” the younger man smiled as his lover got back into bed.
 
“Good... I figure if I do that every night for a week, you'll be better in no time.”
 
Bankotsu shook his head. “Missing the nookie, are we?” he smirked.
 
“A little,” Jakotsu said. He put his arm around his life partner and pulled him close. “But as long as I can cuddle you, I don't mind. Besides, you had to endure a longer dry spell than I'll have to and look at how well you survived.”
 
“Yeah, well, I was too worried about losing you to think about that.” Bankotsu rested his hand on his life-partner's chest over his heart. He tried counting the beats but failed miserably.
 
The cross-dresser kissed the top of his lover's head. “Thanks for worrying about me...”
 
Bankotsu tilted his face up to kiss him.
 
Jakotsu quickly broke the kiss. “Not now, Ban honey. Let's wait until you're a hundred percent. And I'll know when you are when you do the dance for me.”
 
“Sounds like a plan to me.”
 
“Sounds more like a date to me,” the cross-dresser teased.
 
888
 
 
A week later, while Jakotsu was reading in bed, Bankotsu hurried up with his bath. He quickly donned his underwear and tiptoed out of the master bath into their bedroom to stand at the foot of their bed. “I am invincible!” he said and as Jakotsu looked up and giggled, he turned around and wiggled his butt playfully at him...