InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Candy (kiss 23) ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Candy (kiss 23)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
Special thanks go out to Jen! Without your help these kisses wouldn't be half as good!
 
FYI: Valentine's Day is a recent holiday in Japan. It is celebrated a bit differently than in West, in Japan women give the special man in their life a gift of chocolate. They will also sometimes give candy to their friends and co-workers. White Day is a holiday that was created by candy makers for men to give the women in their lives a reciprocal gift. It was originally called Marshmallow day, as that was the traditional gift given. Since marshmallows are white, it was later changed to White Day. Besides candy, men will also give gifts of flowers or jewelry. The guys call it three times day as their gift is supposed to be three times the value of the gift they were given.
 
FYI: Jakotsu is singing the Bow Wow Wow version of the Strangeloves' 1965 hit, I want Candy. Since Bow Wow Wow had a female lead singer, the altered lyrics fit.
 
888
 
“Happy Valentine's Day, Ban honey,” Jakotsu said. He pulled a small brightly wrapped box out from behind him and handed it to his life-partner. The cross-dresser smiled and kissed his life-partner's cheek.
 
“Thank you,” Bankotsu said while he carefully tugged on the ribbon, loosening the bow until it came untied. He removed it and opened the box. “Chocolate truffles! My favorite!”
 
“I know!” The cross-dresser giggled.
 
“Don't tell me you made the ones with the cream filling?” Bankotsu said dreamily.
 
“Yup! I was thinking of you when I made them as I know how much you love the cream filling...” Jakotsu said huskily.
 
Bankotsu picked out a truffle and bit into it. The rich creamy filling squirted out onto his tongue. He swallowed it appreciatively, popping the rest of the truffle in his mouth and chewed. His expression took on a dreamy quality as he swallowed. “These are...” He sighed.
 
“What...?” Jakotsu said with baited breath.
 
“Orgasmic...” He sighed blissfully.
 
“I thought you'd like them,” the cross-dresser said smugly.
 
“Do you mind if I give you something for White's Day this year?” Bankotsu asked. Reaching out and, wrapping his arm around his life-partner's waist, he pulled him onto his lap.
 
“No, not at all.” Jakotsu happily snuggled against him, resting his head against the shorter man's neck as he melted into Bankotsu's embrace. I see you forgot to go buy me chocolates this year... Not that I mind, as this means I'll get a better present than the store bought version of your favorite candy...
 
888
 
A month later...
 
Bankotsu stared at the kitchen calendar in horror. Oh crap! I forgot I'm supposed to get Jak something for White's Day. It's March thirteenth and I still have no idea what to get him. I wonder if he'd like a handful of weeds like my aunt... What am I thinking?! I'll get him flowers! No wait... he made me some chocolates so he's probably expecting them in return which means he'll want candy... Oh hell! Cooking ramen is a big deal for me and he knows it... But if I make him some chocolates and they come out like shit, it's the thought that counts, right? As these and several other panicked thoughts danced through his head, Bankotsu picked up the phone and dialed.
 
Hello, Nishi residence.
 
“Sessh, it's me, Ban, put Rin on!”
 
No can do, Boss-man, she's busy nursing Aiko-chan.
 
“Damn it!”
 
What's wrong, Ban?
 
“I need to make Jak some chocolates for White's Day and I don't know how.”
 
Sesshomaru laughed. Good luck, Dude! Rin may be good, but she doesn't know how to make candy.
 
“Shit...”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled. Sorry, Ban. I wish we could help.
 
“It's okay, Sessh. I'll figure something out.” I hope...
 
I know you will. Anyway, I've gotta go.
 
“Bye...” Ban hung up the phone and sighed. I wonder if I can find something on the `net... He walked out of the kitchen and headed into the living room. There on the coffee table was his laptop, and plopping down on the sofa, he opened it. A few minutes later, he was busy looking through several food sites for an easy candy recipe. After an hour, Bankotsu finally struck gold. He had found a simple recipe for homemade chocolate marshmallow candies. Perfect! It's got chocolate and marshmallows!!
 
888
 
“Hibiya-san!”
 
Jakotsu turned around. “Yes?”
 
“Takahashi-san said to tell you, you can have the day off tomorrow. Nakajima-san called to say he won't be in as wife just went into labor.”
 
“Really? That's wonderful. Then I'll see you on Monday.”
 
“Bye, Hibiya-san.”
 
“Masuda-san,” the cross-dresser said.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Here's to that ring you wanted.” Jakotsu smiled.
 
She giggled. “Oh yeah!”
 
888
 
Bankotsu brought his laptop into the kitchen and set it down on the table. He made a list of what he needed, before heading down to the little corner grocery store. Twenty minutes later, he was back upstairs in their apartment, emptying the bag on the table. He carefully measured out a cup of dark chocolate chips and a quarter cup of shortening and dumped them into the two cup measuring cup. Placing it into the microwave, he set it for a minute and a half at fifty percent power. Bankotsu watched it carefully and just as the chips started to get shiny and soft looking, he opened the microwave and took them out. He stirred until smooth; at least he hoped it was smooth enough. Taking a toothpick, he stuck it into the marshmallow and dipped it into the chocolate. Ten minutes later, he had the whole bag dipped, and sitting on a cookie sheet. While he was waiting for them to set, he heard the door open and someone step inside.
 
“Hey, Ban honey! I'm home!”
 
“Sweetness!” Bankotsu got up to greet him. “Don't come in the kitchen!”
 
“Okay, my darling,” the cross-dresser said as he walked up out of the genkan and into his life-partner's arms. “Oooh... I'm happy to see you too!” They kissed.
 
“You're home early.”
 
“Yeah. Nakajima-san's wife went into labor, so he left to go meet her at the hospital and I don't have to go in tomorrow and since tomorrow's Thursday, I've got an extra day off! We can spend White Day together.” Jakotsu smiled. “Since I can't go into the kitchen, want to go out for dinner? The American McDonald's is fine with me.”
 
“Okay. McDonald's it is.” Perfect! Now the candy can set without you eating it... Bankotsu turned him around and gave Jakotsu a gentle push towards the genkan and the door. “Let's go!”
 
“You poor thing, you must be starving...” Jakotsu said. He sat on the top step of genkan and put on his shoes.
 
“Yeah... I didn't go into work today so I wound up skipping lunch.”
 
“Oh. If you were making dinner, we can eat that. I'm not very hungry, so I won't mind having ramen. Or I can make you something.” The cross-dresser stood up and walked over to where his coat was hung up.
 
“No, McDonald's is fine with me. You can get a chocolate shake if you want.” Bankotsu sat down and put on his shoes.
 
Jakotsu reached for his coat and put it on. “What's going on in the kitchen, Ban honey?”
 
“Nothing...” his life partner said vaguely.
 
The cross-dresser's eyes went wide. “You didn't burn the kitchen down, did you?”
 
“No...”
 
“Please tell me there's not a ton of dirty dishes in the sink...” Jakotsu sighed.
 
“No...”
 
“Then why can't I go in there?” The cross-dresser narrowed his eyes at Bankotsu. “You're not hiding a real woman in there, are you?!” He folded his arms across his chest.
 
“No! It's.... It's a surprise,” Bankotsu said as he reached for his jacket and put it on.
 
“A surprise, hunh?” Jakotsu arched a slender eyebrow at him.
 
“Yeah. Now let's go,” Bankotsu said as he took Jakotsu by the arm, and opening the door, he gently steered him through it, closing it behind them.
 
888
 
On the way back from dinner, Jakotsu peppered his life-partner with questions about the surprise, all of which, Bankotsu refused to answer. He even went to so far as to completely ignore the questions, the closer they came to their apartment complex. When they stood just outside their door, Bankotsu looked up at the cross-dresser and said, “You know that surprise you keep pestering me about?”
 
Jakotsu immediately brightened. “Yeah?”
 
“It's my White's Day present for you,” the shorter man started to say as he fumbled with the lock. “It's just that you came home earlier than I had expected so I never got a chance to wrap it for you.”
 
The cross-dresser hugged his lifer-partner from behind. “Really?!”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Thank you...” Jakotsu murmured softly into Bankotsu's ear. He shifted slightly and kissed the shorter man's cheek.
 
“You're welcome,” Bankotsu said, trying to open the door. He struggled to pull away from Jakotsu's embrace so he could get the door open. “Do you mind?” he asked playfully, bringing his hand up to rest on Jakotsu's.
 
“Oh...” the cross-dresser groaned. “I was hoping to give the neighbors something to be jealous of,” he teased and his life-partner laughed.
 
“Save it for later.”
 
“If you insist,” Jakotsu said as he let go of him and opened the door. “Dash?” he asked, his voice taking on a husky lilt.
 
“Saunter.”
 
“Oooh... I like the sound of that,” Jakotsu chortled.
 
888
 
“Wait, Sweetness.”
 
“Why? Where're you going?”
 
“I just want to make sure your present's okay.”
 
“You got me a cat, didn't you?!” Jakotsu said happily.
 
Bankotsu heaved a long suffering sigh. “Nope. Sorry, Sweetness, there's no cat, there's no puppy, there's no hamster. There's not even a goldfish or two. It's something I thought you'd like much better.”
“Don't tell me you're going to dip yourself in chocolate...?” the cross-dresser said huskily.
 
“Close...” Bankotsu grinned. “Ok, I'll give it to you early.”
 
“Yeah?” Jakotsu closed the distance between them and smiled sweetly at him.
 
Bankotsu nodded. “How can I resist that face?”
 
“Dunno...” The cross-dresser shrugged.
 
“Come.”
 
They walked into the kitchen.
 
“I made you some-”
 
“Chocolates!” Jakotsu picked one up and bit into it, before popping the whole thing in his mouth. “Chocolate covered marshmallows,” he said with his mouth full. “My favorite!” he added, after swallowing. The rich bitter taste of the baking chocolate as it combined with sweetness of the marshmallow danced across his tongue. “Thank you so much, Ban honey.” He popped another one in his mouth, and as he chewed, he took his life partner by the hand. “I know a guy who's tough but sweet...” he sang as he grabbed a couple of candies on his way out of the kitchen. “He's so fine he can't be beat...” Jakotsu hummed much to his life-partner's amusement. “He's got everything I desire... Sets the summer sun on fire... I want candy! I want candy!” he popped a chocolate covered marshmallow in his mouth and chewed. “I want candy! I want candy!”