InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 500yrs to wait ❯ chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
blanket disclaimer: I do not claim any rights to Inuyasha or any characters associated with the anime/manga. They are the property of Rumiko Takahahi.
I do claim rights to the orginial character mentioned in this chapter
"talking"
'thinking'
.
.
.
.



As Inuyasha held Kagome in his arms her promise to be with him again settled in his mind. He could feel his mind awaking, no different then when she revived him from his 50-year sleep on the Goshinbuko, she was reviving him once again. His mind was becoming clear, it felt like a veil had been lifted. 'We can start off on the right foot this time. There's no one to come between us this time.' He thought, 'she is my companion again.' He nuzzled into her hair, ' I don't know what exactly she feels for me but, she cares and I know she doesn't see anything wrong with me. Kagome has even held my hand today and hugged me. So there is a future for us.' He squeezed her tightly lifting her up. 'It doesn't matter. I'm immortal and I can give her a talisment so we have all the time in the world to reconnect and let our relationship grow.' Laughing he twirled her around. 'It doesn't matter to me, as long as she is by my side I'll take whatever she is willing to give me.'

At the same time Kagome was coming to terms with the last several days, especially the last 48-hours. All her friends were alive and well. They wanted to continue their lives with her being a part of it. Inuyasha had made her angry with the whole gold thing but, when he confessed what he had thought had been a terrible crime she simple felt her heart break even more for her beloved hanyou. He had always held him self to such a high code. What he had done was really just a slip up in her mind but, to him he had beat him self up all these years over it. With all he had suffered with after the jewel took her away she couldn't be mad at him for long. She had never wanted to leave his side but, maybe things had worked out for the best. 'I don't have to choice between my family and my time and him, our friends and their time this way.' She had been dreading that choice.

As he nuzzled her and picked her up Kagome wondered where they stood. 'He's held my hand and been hugging me. He says he wants me by his side but, what does that mean?" He whirled her around happily and Kagome couldn't help but, be happy as well. 'Maybe that's not important right now. We have time to just be together.' As he set her back down he smiled at her, "I believe we have an audience."
"An audience?" Kagome asked looking around.
Guesturing with his thumb behind him Inuyasha nodded, "yep."

Stepping to the side they were faced with an audience of her famly and their friends. Her mother looked like she was almost in tears smiling at them. Souta was holding cups and Jii-chan had some sake. Miroku , Sango, and Shippou had party poppers which they had just let off as the group began chanting, "banzai!"

Leaning over to Inuyasha Kagome asked, "what's going on?"
Shrugging his shoulders Inuyasha replied, "who know's with those guys."

Walking up to the house Kagome was meet by her mother who wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you two!"
"Ummm, thanks.."
"Here my boy, sacred sake. A toast is in order." Jii-chan said filling the cups and handing one to Inuyasha.
Taking the cup Inuyasha thought, 'sure why not. I feel like celebrating.' "What's the toast to Jii-chan?" Inuyasha asked sniffing the sake.
"Why to you and Kagome of course my boy." The old man answered.
'Wow, they have all taken this so well.' Inuyasha thought as he raised the cup. "Alright then, to Kagome and me. Banzai!" Inuyasha said taking a big drink.
"Here's to your up coming wedding my boy, banzai!" Jii-chan said drinking as well.
'Wedding?' Inuyasha thought as he choked on his sake. Cough...cough..."What wedding?" He struggled to ask.
"Why the wedding you and Kagome willl be having just as soon as we get everything in order." Jii-chan explained.
Coming up behind his old friend Miroku wrapped an arm around him, "yes my friend remember you did initiate the wedding procedure when you presented them with your gift." Miroku reminded the still sputtering hanyou with a smirk.
"You did say you wanted her to go back to Canada with you. You did not expect her to go with you and not make an honest women out of her did you?" Jii-chan aksed.
Coming over and patting on his back as Inuyasha was bent over trying to breath Mama told him. "It's fine dear. Miroku explained the Chinese custom you were using. We don't expect you to give us gold to have the right to marry our Kagome though. I always knew you two would end up together, I just want you to promise to take care of my little girl and I want lots of grandbabies." Reaching up to rub his unconcealed ears she asked, "do you think they will have your cute ears?"
Kagome once again was in shock. 'First he wants to buy me. Now they are trying to marry me off.' "Please everyone, Inuyasha and I have just got somethings worked out. We haven't discussed anything yet."
Turning to Kagome her mother asked, "Kagome, don't you want to marry Inuyasha?"
"Mama!" Kagome squeaked.
"Mama, does that mean Inuyasha will really be my brother when they get married?" Souta asked pulling on his mothers shirt.
Having gotten control of his coughing fit Inuyasha wore a red face, embarrassed at all the attention. "Well Inuyasha, what is your intentions towards my granddaughter? Your not going to disgrace our family are you?" Jii-chan asked.
Straightening up Inuyasha reached one hand behind his neck and began rubbing it as he tried to answer old Jii-chan's questions. "Well...I..I don't want to..um, that's to say I do want to..but, only when Kagome is ready..that is if she does feel that way..uh...Kagome?" He turned a pair of pleading eyes towards her.
'He's worse then Jaken was.' Kagome thought. "Don't look at me, your the one who started it all." "Well boy, spit it out. I'm not as young as I once was." Jii-chan said.
"I think what my friend is trying to say is he is waiting for Kagome to make any decisions." Shippou butted in, "you must forgive him he's not always the sharpest tack in the box, if you know what I mean."

Thump....

"Ow, Ka..go..me!" Shippuo wailed.
Standing beside Shippou Inuyasha had reached over and bonked the kitsune on the head. His fist cocked to strike again if need be, Inuyasha eyebrow twitched. "Why you little..." Inuyasha started, seeming more like his old self then he had in a long time.
"Inuyasha..don't make me say it." Kagome warned, 'Ghosh what's up with those two? You'd think they would have grown up a little. Is it just cause their around me?'
Crossing his arms over his chest Inuyasha humped, "I think I had every right to bop him." Clenching one hand in a fist he pointed a finger at Shippou. "Did you hear what that runt said about me?" Sango walked up to Kagome leaning over she whispered, "is it just me or is Inuyasha has reverted to his old self?"
Whispering back Kagome said, "don't ask me. This has been one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride these last several days. I'm about tired out."
"To bad no hot springs around, huh?" Sango asked.
"No kidding, I could use a soak and a break." Kagome answered.
"We could go back to Sesshoumaru's estate. Rin had a big whirlpool put in a couple of years ago. Us girls could soak and then all of us could have a nice dinner together. It might help." Sango suggested.

Sango could see her friend was getting emotionally drained. It had been a taxing 48-hours for them all and now with Kagome's family trying to get her friends married off, she could tell both her friends were at their limits.

It had been Sango's job since Kaeda's death to keep Inuyasha within his limits. While the men had helped Inuyasha as Taiyoukai of the Americas run the lands Sesshoumaru had given him reign over, it had been her job to help Inuyasha not over burden himself emotionally.

Sure they all tried to help but, at times the men seemed to forget just how hard even everyday life had been for Inuyasha while he suffered with his youkai madness. She had learned over the years to watch for the warning signs the others seemed to miss.

Inuyasha loosing his temper may have been a common thing but, it was best not to get him backed into a corner. With his youkai so close to the surface it made for a dangerous trade off. Sure he had more power and it had allowed his treatments for youkai madness to work better but, it also confered that temper of his caused him problems. He had fantastic control of his youkai all things considered but, in anger when he felt threatened even if it wasn't life threatening his eyes would flash the warning that all hell could break loose. Though Sango had to admit, since waking up with Kagome in his arms Inuyasha had seemed to be acting more like his old self than someone trying to control depression from taking them over. 'perhaps, he has finally beat his sickness.' Sango wondered.

Running interferance Sango spoke up, "Mrs. Higurashi, I had promised Rin, Sesshoumaru's wife and friend to Kagome, I would inquire about her returning for dinner and some girl time. I'm sure Inuyasha and Kagome are probably in need of time to adjust to being together once again before taking any futher steps."

Putting her finger to her mouth and tapping her lips Mama Higurashi began, "your probably right Sango. I'm sorry I just got so excited about the thought of Kagome and Inuyasha getting married. I didn't think about the two wanting an engagement period..."
Inuyasha gawked at Mrs. Higurashi, 'I was worried about them letting us be together?'
Mama seeing Inuyasha staring at her with his mouth open reached over with her finger and shut his mouth. "you'll catch flies if you don't close that dear. You two young people take all the time you neeed but, Inuyasha if you live in Canada how will you two have a relationship? I don't thing it would be a good idea that Kagome went to Canada with you. It was one thing when you were younger and on your journey but, two young adults with a budding romance...I don't think that's wise." She gently said patting his arm.
"Mama! Please I promised Inuyasha I wouldn't leave his side and now you saying I can't go with him?" Kagome cried.
"No dear, I just think until you two come to a decision on your relationship you shouldn't go to Canada with him. Besides you have spent the better part of three years on your journey, we would like to spend a little time with you before you leave us to begin a new life." Her mama replied.
"But..." Kagome began only to be cut off by Inuyasha. "Your mother is right. It's not proper." He said laying a hand on her arm. Turning her questioning gaze to him she asked, "then what about us?"
"That's easy, Kouga can tend to things in the Americas and the others can come back and forth to Japan so I can continue to make decisions and such. I'll stay with Sesshoumaru and Rin, we can, I guess maybe date?" He asked her hopefully.
"You'd stay in Japan for me?" Kagome asked.
"Why not? I do most my work by phone anyway and Mirkou, Shippou, Kouga, and Ryoukan does a lot of meeetings for me so I can still run things from here." He assured her.

Kagome ran up to him and hugged him. He was going to stay in Tokoyo and they could date like a real couple. She had always hoped for that, this was perfect. 48-hours ago she thought her world was at an end and she was wondering how she could go on, now Inuyasha and all their friends were alive and well with her. Inuyasha had even said he wanted them to have a relationship, to date. 'He still hasn't come out and told me how he feels but, I haven't either so I guess I can't complain.' She thought releasing him from the hug Kagome turned to her mother and asked, "is this alright with you mama?"
Smiling Mama Higurashi replied, "yes dear it's fine. Why don't you get a change of clothes so you can go have some girl time with your friends. It's fine to spend the night."
Grabbing Sango's hand the two girls ran into the house to pack a bag.
Turning to Inuyasha Mama Higurashi said, "I hope you can understand dear, it isn't I don't trust you but, your not a boy anymore and I don't want anything to happen you two might regret later."
Bowing his head trying to hide his blush Inuyasha replied, "I understand, don't worry I'd never do anything to dishonor her."
Walking past him into the house Mama Higurashi said, "of course you wouldn't dear." As she patted his arm.

Upstairs the girls quickly packed a bag and returned down stairs, yelling their goodbyes and promises to return the next morning the group left in the SUV returning to Sesshoumaru's estate.

Once back to the estate the girls made quick work of ditching the men and going into the whirlpool room. As they entered the room with their bathing suit Kagome was in awe of the beautiful room. The room was done in a rose colored marble tile, the whirlpool was octagone in shape and could seat 5 easily. It made the hot springs they had enjoyed in Sengoku Jidai look like mud hole.

Changing into their suits the girls entered the pool to relax. As they enjoyed the whirlpool Sango and Kagome told Rin all about the meeting with her family, Inuyasha's gifts and of course the commotion that followed. Laughter could be heard from the room. "You should have seen him Rin, he looked like a fish out of water! Gasp....gasp...gasp." Sango said doing a very good Inuyasha impersonation looking like a fish. Rin flopped on to the side of the tub pounding the side with her fist as Kagome tried to hid her laugh behind her fist. 'It's amazing, out going Rin is with Sesshoumaru.' Kagome mussed as she watched Rin trying not to drowned her self as she laughed at Sango.
"So Kagome, when are you and Inu nii-chan going to become mates?" Rin asked having regained control of her self.
Turning red Kagome dipped futher into the pool, "umm...later."
"Oh later..." Rin replied, "Tonight?" Rin smirked at Kagome as she squeaked and dove futher into the water.

In the formal living room Inuyasha, Miroku, Shippou, and Sesshoumaru awaited the women to finish their girl time so they could have dinner. The men amused them self by watching Inuyasha throw a tantrum. "This is just fucking great. I wait all this time to be with her and what's she doing? Taking a damn bath!" Pacing Inuyasha huffed at Kagome's choice of things to do.
"Calm your self Inuyasha, I dont' blame Lady Kagome for needing some relaxation time. She has had a stressful week." Miroku tried to calm his angry friend.
"Stressful, hell were the ones who had to wait so long to be with her again. What does she have to be stressed about?" Inuyasha asked peeved at having to share Kagome's attention.
"Be not a fool Inuyasha." Sesshoumaru chastised his brother from his spot leaning against the side to the fire place. "Your miko has had a lot to deal with in a short period of time. I am surprised how well she has dealt with everything."
"Yeah, Inuyasha if your so worried about spending time with her you shouldn't have spent the first day drinking with Mankee, you baka." Shippou fired at him from his spot on the coffee table.

Miroku shook his head at the kitsune, not only for his choice in seating but, at pouring salt in his friend's wounds as he watched Inuyasha's unconcealed ears droop. Miroku promised him self to take Shippou a side an speak to him later in the evening. Ever since they had gotten to Japan Shippou had been giving Inuyasha a hard time. He would find out what was Shippou's problem later as for now he would try to pacify his friend. "Inuyasha you must try to understand, while it has been hard on us we have had time to adjust." Miroku tried to explain to his friend.

Inuyasha was a baka at times but, he was after all still considered a young adult for those with youkai blood, even at 520-years old.

"For Lady Kagome it has only been about a week since our battle with Naraku. She still has bruises and cuts that haven't healed from the battle. Not only that but, the pain she felt at our loss is still fresh as well as the shock of us all still being a live." Miroku sagely reminded his friend. "Tell me Inuyasha, were you not still lying in a corner in Kaeda's hut a week after our battle?"
"Keh, alright I get it." Inuyasha replied sighing.


Across the Pacific Ocean in the Canadian wilderness at the estate of Inuyasha


Rouyokan was busily typing up a report on the latest information from the coast about the oil slick clean up. His office was a small building on the estate lands of his lord. "I just love technology." Rouyokan happily said to him self as he printed off copies.

Before the use of phones had became widely used Rouyokan along with the other liaisons under him had to travel to all the youkai and hanyou tribes in Inuyasha's lands. Now with all the technologies Rouyokan could work from his office most the time.

He was brought out of his thoughts by the ringing of his most beloved piece of technology, his cell phone. "This is Rouyokan, head liaison to Taiyoukai Taisho Inuyasha. How my I help you...." Rouyokan asked turning to his computer and pulling up the file to type up the information on the call he was taking. "WHAT!" He yelled almost dropping his phone. Fumbling with the phone he heard the Thunder Bird hanyou on the other line curse about being deafen. "Sorry," Rouyokan remarked, "alright now give me the fact...when and where? Are you certain the Chupacabra are responsible? No, I don't doubt your evidence. Alright, alright...yes, Lord Inuyasha will be informed right away. Bye." Hanging up Rouyokan shook his head, "this isn't good. Lord Inuyasha is going to be pissed." Sighing Rouyokan ran out of his office headed to Kouga's home to report this latest problem to him.
.
.
.
.


Goshinbuko: sacred tree of ages
jii-chan: grandfather
Inu nii-chan: dog brother
banzai: hurrah/long life/congratulations/cheers
taiyoukai: demon lord
youkai: demon/ghost/spirit/magical creature
hanyou: half youkai
Sengoku Jidai: warring states era
Converting /tmp/phpJ7uIgV to /dev/stdout