InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bet That Could Lead To Love ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I FOUND IT!I found the disk with this story on it. I was reading over it and I decided to rewrite it, so it will be almost totally different. I hope you guys like it better.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu-Yasha, and you must be crazy if you thought I did!

Prologue

Miroku and Inu-Yasha sat facing the fire. It was rather late and Kagome, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo had already fallen asleep a long time ago. Inu-Yasha was in a rather bad mood because Kagome would be leaving for her own time in the morning for a week for another test or something he couldn't remember. He just knew he didn't want to waste time in collecting shards of the Shikon no Tama, and defeating Naraku once and for all.

Inu-Yasha's eyes drifted over to where Kagome slept. He knew that wasn't the real reason he didn't want her to go. The real reason was because she would be alone without his protection. He knew Kagome thought she was safe in the future, but the incident with the Ancient Koh mask and the soul piper really got him thinking, where did all the demons go? They were just too strong to be killed off by humans; maybe they were using a concealment spell to hide themselves making them look like normal everyday humans.

He just didn't want Kagome going into her own time with Shikon shards with this as a possibility. She could be killed by another power hungry demon, no stupid school tests or whatever it was, was that important. Even though he wouldn't admit it the hanyou had fallen in love with the miko from the future and he wasn't about ready to lose her.

Miroku watched as his friend watch the miko sleep. Just then a great thought occurred to the monk. He came to the conclusion this was his best idea ever. A mischievous grin spread across his face.

"You can handle anything right, Inu-Yasha?"

Inu-Yasha snapped out of his thoughts and faced Miroku, "Where are you getting at, monk?"

"Well I was just thinking how you're always getting angry when Kagome goes back to her own time. Even though she does stay in this time a lot and is a very big help."

Inu-Yasha eyed Miroku suspiciously. "What's your point?"

"I bet you couldn't spend a month in her time."

"I could too!" Inu-Yasha said defensively.

Miroku leaned closer to the fire, lighting up the features of his face. "So prove it." He grinned mischievously.

Inu-Yasha secretly grinned and looked back at where Kagome lay. Now he could protect her and get some time alone with her.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Kagome woke up early the next morning. She looked around; Inu-Yasha was no where in sight. `Maybe I can sneak away to my own time before he gets back.' Now don't get her wrong Kagome loved being in Sengoku-jidai, she loved being there more then being in her own time. But she still had school and couldn't let her grades drop because of it.

Kagome quietly packed her big yellow backpack. Making sure that everyone else was still asleep and Inu-Yasha was still no where to be seen she silently made her way through the woods.

`I swear if Inu-Yasha wasn't such a damn idiot about every time I went back home, I cold get some sleep in the mornings and tell everyone else good bye, but nooo.' She thought to herself.

Kagome made it to the clearing where the well was. `Okay Inu-Yasha's no where in sight.' She broke out into a full blown run towards the dry well.

`Almost there, almost th. . .' Kagome ran into something hard. She tightly closed her eyes hoping it was not who she thought it was.

"And where the hell do you think you're going?" Inu-Yasha growled looking down at her.

"Dammit," she muttered getting up. She looked over his shoulder towards the bone eater's well. She had gotten so close.

"I'm waiting." He said crossing his arms.

"I'm going home to my own time," she said getting mad.

"Without telling anyone."

"I knew you would try and stop me if I did. Like you are now!"

Just then Miroku, Sango, and Shippo came walking out of the woods. Miroku with red handprint on the side of his face, and an angry Sango walking 12 feet behind him.

"Ah lady Kagome I see you're leaving soon and Inu-Yasha too." Miroku said grinning widely.

Kagome stared at him, "What do you mean `and Inu-Yasha too'?"

"I mean Inu-Yasha has agreed to accompany you on this trip."

"Why?"

"Because he believes I won't last a month in your time." Inu-Yasha explained.

"Oh I see now." Kagome said rubbing her hands together as if coming up with a plan, "This is going to be interesting."

Inu-Yasha was starting to think this was a bad idea.

"Well lets go." Kagome said grabbing his hand and dragging him down the well.

-~-~-~-~-~-

"What are you planning monk?" Sango asked eyeing him suspiciously.

"Well my dear Sango, we both know Inu-Yasha has fallen for Kagome and I think some alone time will do them some good." He explained.

"Or with the way they fight, ruin each other's lives." Sango added.

"Don't worry my dear." Miroku said reaching down and grabbing her butt.

Sango turned slapped him with all her might, then she turned around and thundered off through the woods.

`This will also give us some alone time my dear Sango.' Miroku thought reaching up and touching his cheek.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Author's Note: Ah yes. I don't think I left a single thing the same. What do you guys think? Better or worse? I tried keeping everyone in character, how did I do? If have any ideas e-mail them to me at SleepingAwake988@aol.com or put them in a review.