InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bet That Could Lead To Love ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's NoteWell school is starting to get hectic. I have to read that darn Wuthering Heights (which in my opinion is the stupidest and most boring book I have ever read) by Friday. Thanks for the reviews. Any who on with the story.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu-Yasha, and you must be crazy if you thought I did!

Chapter One

Inu-Yasha sat on Kagome's bed watching as she searched around the room for his school uniform. Yes, his school uniform. Kagome had decided that he was going with her to school since she didn't want him at her house alone to wreck havoc; she wanted to keep a close eye on him at all times seeing that he was a hanyou from 500 years in the past, and there were a lot of things in her time he just didn't understand.

Inu-Yasha rolled over on his back. He had been in her era for two days already and nothing really exciting had happened yet. At least in Sengoku-jidai he had something to do.

"I've found it," Kagome yelled triumphantly from under the bed. "Inu-Yasha you really need to quit trying to hide your uniform. It isn't going to go away because I will always find it."

"Feh, I'll just have to find a better hiding spot next time." He said.

"Then I'll just have to say the `s' word till there's 50 foot deep crater outside in the shape of you." She said casually.

Inu-Yasha gulped and decided that the uniform looked fine where it was.

"Oh yeah, we're going to the mall today, I need to get you some modern day clothes, and so you can get use to being around a lot of people and not try to kill anything that looks or sounds funny." Kagome glared at Inu-Yasha.

"Hey that thing was about to attack, luckily I was there to save you." He said defensively.

"Inu-Yasha, I wasn't going to be killed be my pencil sharpener!" (A/N: It was an electric one, you know the ones that sound really annoying. Any who.)

"You could have been." He stated matter-of-factly.

Kagome sighed grabbing a necklace while chanting some words. She walked up to him and put it around his neck. She stepped back and surveyed her work. Inu-Yasha stood in font of her looking just like he did on the night of a new moon, only that he still had silver hair and amber colored eyes.

"That should work for now." She said grabbing her stuff.

"What the hell did you just do?" He asked looking down at his hands.

"I put a concealment spell on that necklace. Don't worry you still have all your normal powers."

"Oh." He was amazed by how good of a miko Kagome was becoming. When he had first met her she couldn't even shot an arrow right. Now she was becoming even stronger then Kikyo.

"Okay let's go." Kagome said walking out the door.

-~-~-~-~-

About 10 minutes later they were at the mall. Inu-Yasha surprisingly didn't try to kill anything on the walk there.

"Okay Inu-Yasha, there's a lot of humans here." Kagome warned.

Kagome opened the door and his nose went into overdrive. There were so many scents it was starting to overwhelm him. He didn't want to look weak, so he concentrated on Kagome's scent. It helped a little but not much.

Kagome pulled Inu-Yasha into a ton of clothing stores. She had gotten him some clothes and shoes (which detested very much and argued with her about but in the end Kagome had won). After three hours they were ready to leave, with Inu-Yasha complaining loudly.

They were at the door when somebody called out, "Hey Kagome!"

Kagome turned around to see Eri, Ayumi, and Yuka walking towards her, `Oh no!'She sigh and put on a fake smile, "Hey I didn't expect to see you guys here." She heard Inu-Yasha start growling behind her, so she stomped on his foot making him stop.

"Hey Kagome! We haven't seen you in a long time. Your mom said you had the flu." Yuka explained.

Kagome thanked her mom for getting to the phone before her grandfather did and making up a normal illness. "Yeah, I'm all better now though."

"Who's your friend?" Ayumi asked looking over her shoulder at Inu-Yasha.

"Oh that's Inu-Yasha. He's visiting my family from. . .up north." She said introducing them.

Inu-Yasha muttered a "Feh" and stared at Ayumi making her shift uncomfortably.

"What's up with his clothes?" Eri asked.

Kagome thought for a second then looked down at her watch, "Look at the time I've got to go. Bye!" She ran off dragging Inu-Yasha off with her.

"What's up with her?" They said in unison.

"Inu-Yasha. . . Now why does that name sound so familiar?" Ayumi asked, but the others just shrugged.

-~-~-~-~-

Once outside Kagome breathed a sigh of relief. "Why were you staring at Ayumi?" She asked Inu-Yasha.

He face turned serious, "Because she smelled like a demon."

-~-~-~-~-

Author's Note: Dun, dun, dunnnnn! I thought if Kaede could make the necklace that makes Inu-Yasha sit, why can't Kagome make one to hide his demon features? Any who what'd you think?