InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A BIG CHANGE OF SCENERY ❯ Ice Cream and good byes ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A BIG CHANGE OF SCENERY
 
SUMMARY- Having been born and raised in America, you could guess how hard it was for Kagome Higurashi to fit in. Spending her senior year at Shikon Private School in Tokyo, Japan isn't going to be an easy task.
 
 
DISCLAIMER- I'm to poor to own Inuyasha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER (1) Ice Cream and good byes.
 
 
 
 
 
Stepping off the subway Kagome made her way to ground level. Her purse padded her side softly as she ran up the steps.
 
"Damn I'm late again" she grumbled to herself. Her best friends Crystal and Gabby and her have met at the Basken & Robbins near the underground in Atlanta, Georgia every Saturday for the last 3 years, and for the past 2 Saturdays she's been late.
 
Kagome Higurashi (18) was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. Both of her parents are from Japan, and moved to America together after high school to attend college and to start a new life. The American life style is all she knows and the fact that her Japanese teacher signed her up for the foreign exchange program (and was selected) didn't quit leave a comfortable feeling in her gut.
 
Walking through Atlanta's busy uptown streets, she dodged a few passer-Byers and finally spotted the ice cream shop in the distance. The warm wind blow her long braids about her while she jogged down Peachtree road. 'it's a good thing I wore my Jordans today' she thought to herself. At last she made it to the door and through it open just to spot her friends in a near-by booth, chatting away.
 
"Finally!" hollered Gabby while pointing an accusing cone filled ice cream at Kagome.
 
Kagome smiled sheepishly back while sliding into the booth beside Crystal. “Sorry guys I tried to make the first train but couldn't get out of piano practice fast enough"
 
"No excuses Gome, we've been sitting here waiting for your ass for 20 minutes! That's 20 minutes wasted on none boy scouting. Do you have any idea what that could do to a sista?" tossed Gabby. Kagome sweat dropped and just grinned knowing her best friend was joking.
 
Gabriel Maxwell (18) was a tale beautiful girl that could charm any man with just a soft blink and a smile. From her dark Carmel smooth complexion, and long dark brown hair, to her perfect curves, she was seen as absolute in many males eyes. She was destined to be a supermodel.
 
"So how did the old bat treat you this time checa?" asked Crystal
 
"She was unusually nice today, kinda scared me a little." Kagome said while playing with the salt shaker.
 
"Well maybe she decided to go easy on you after your mom told her about your plans for being overseas for the next year." Exclaimed Crystal
 
Crystal Gomez (17) made up the third member of the trio. She was really short and looked a lot younger then she was. People would mistake her for being an innocent child but if you pissed her off you were in for a rude awakening. Although she could handle herself her two older brothers Poco and Jesus always had her back (even when she didn't want or need it). She was stare of the soccer team and always kept her hair in a bob.
 
"Or maybe the sour witch realized that being mean all the time was getting her no where and decided to practice a little thing called care" barked Gabby.
 
Shrugging Kagome sat back against the booth and gazed out the window. The plaza was pack with a bunch of people both old and young looking to hang out and socialize. The young people were out just to scope for good looking people, meet up with friends, and shop, while the older folks focused manly on shopping or playing checkers in the near-by park. `God I'm ganna miss this place' Kagome thought. When ever she thought about living in Japan, away from her family, friends and comfort zone, it terrified her. She knew no one over there. Her grandparents stay there but she only met them twice in her life. She would be completely alone, having to fend for herself, and find new friends, which she already set in her mind that, that was damn, near impossible.
 
Curling a braid around her finger she sighed in slight depression, “guys I don't know what I'm ganna do.”
 
Crystal placed a warm hand on her friends shoulder. “You'll be fine girlie, just think about it this way, the McDonalds will taste better over there.”
 
Kagome and Gabby looked at Crystal with identical deadpan expressions. “I don't think that'll help much” said Gabby. The three shared a short pause before bursting out laughing.
 
Kagome wiped the corner of her eye, “you guys are silly, lets go do something fun. I need something to distract me from the butterflies in my stomach.
 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
That night, Kagome stepped out of the shower and dried herself off. Wrapping the towel around her she walked across the hall towards her bedroom and quietly closed the door, as to not wake the household. Dressing in grey boy shorts and a grey wife beater she turned on her I pod boom box to her favorite song `Rev 22:20 by Puscifer' and open her balcony door. Stepping out she looked out across Atlanta's midtown skyline. She loved looking out at it, it soothed her and put a damper on any problems she was currently having. Swallowing hard she sat back in her hot green patio chair, she'll be leaving in a week. She spent all summer long spending a lot of time with her family and friends, crying, and packing. It's too late to turn back now; she'll just have to be brave and try to enjoy herself.
 
Kagome's thoughts were interrupted when her mother walked out dressed in her night gown. “You wanna talk about it?” she spoke quietly. Kagome and her mother always knew when the other was feeling down. They considered it a weird telepathic phenomenon. Taking a seat in the other chair her mother sat and waiting for her grief stricken daughter to talk. It didn't take long.
 
“You know…” Kagome began, still staring off in front of her. “…its not that I can't speak the language, you and dad taught Sota and I well, and its not that I couldn't cope with surroundings and take care of my self, but it's more how alone I'll be. Having to start over, thrown into a world where it'll feel like everyone is black and white striped and I'm purple and green polk-a-doted. I may look the same and everything like everyone else, but I was brought up so differently, in another world. I don't think I could catch up to everyone else, and I feel as though everybody will notice that and alienate me, won't except me.” Kagome pulled her knees up and hugged them close. “And that's what I'm really nervous about. God forbid I couldn't speak the language well either, I would just die.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi smiled and patted her daughter's foot. “Kagome, when you go and get settled I'll give you a month before you give us a call telling us how silly you were for being so stressed. It's the 21st century baby, you're not going to some third world country. They have streets and grocery stores too.”
 
Kagome smiled and gave her mother a hug. “I know that mom, just a little nervous.”
 
“Do you know how terrified your father and I were when we first got here? We were fresh off the banana boat I guess you could say. (the two laughed) All we had were the few lessons in English and straight determination. It was a little different with us, we were leaving our home for good, not just a year of school like you. It took a while but with faith and the love to succeed we were able to get through college, marry, and have children. Your father was so lucky to get a well paying job straight out of school, so we all could live a good life. And this was all because of our determination. You'll be fine sweetheart and just think, you may end up loving it so much that you won't want to come home ever again. Now try to get some sleep so you can have energy to stress about it tomorrow.” The two laughed a little before Mrs. Higurashi stepped back inside.
 
Kagome sat outside a little longer before finally going inside her self. `Mom's right, her and dad had to have went through a lot more then me' she thought. With butterflies still floating in her stomach she slowly fell asleep.
 
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
The next week was filled with parties, shopping sprees, and tears. Crystal and Gabby refused to leave her side the whole time, and that's why they packed a weeks worth of clothing each and spent the week at Kagome's place.
 
Friday night (the last night) finally arrived and the girls couldn't sit down.
 
“How about this one” chirped Crystal pulling a blue jean skirt and a blue baby sleeve shirt out of the closet.
 
Kagome looked up from her seat on the floor against her bed, twisting her face into a `yuck' look Crystal smirked and put the articles into one of many large suitcases. “I think I'm ganna stick with sweatpants and a t-shirt. It's a 10 hour flight and I wanna be as comfortable as I can” said Kagome. Shrugging Crystal went back to work packing trinkets and other things away for Kagome's new room.
 
“So how do you want it this time” asked Gabby while looming over Kagome's form, from on top of the bed.
 
Sliding her fingers through her long naturally wavy black hair she thought for a second. “Do what every you want, go wild, this is the last time you'll be doing my hair for a while.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah, do whatever”
 
Kagome was notorious for her fancy corn rows, (thanks to Gabby) ever since Gabby introduced the idea to her two years ago. You would rarely see Kagome with out her hair braided. And it was a good look for her too.
 
Pulling out the grease and comb from her bag, Gabby went straight to work. “Girl I'm ganna make this look good.” With that Kagome relaxed and let it happen.
 
The girls finally settled in at around 2:30 even though they knew they had to get up at 6 for Kagome's 8:00 departure. Everything was completely packed, cept for Kagome's tooth brush and her single traveling outfit. Kagome would be leaving the house with seven large suitcases full of clothing in four of them, shoes in one, room trinkets in the last, and a large yellow book bag/ duffle bag filled with food and things to keep herself occupied during the trip.
 
 
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
The next morning all hell broke loose. It was pouring outside and they were late. “KAGOME LETS GOOO.” Screamed a panicked Mrs. Higurashi.
 
Slinging her yellow bag over her shoulder Kagome dashed down the stairs giving her half empty room one last look. Everyone rushed out to the Higurashi's metallic grey 2006 Suburban and tore down the road towards the airport.
 
After rushing through security, piling onto the train and running down concourse E, they made it just as they started boarding. Mrs. Higurashi latched herself to her daughter as tears rolled down her face. “We love you sweetie, be strong, everything will be fine” she whispered.
 
A watery eyed Kagome returned with a tight squeeze. “I know mom.”
 
After giving her father and brother a strong hug she turned to her friends, who were both trying to hold back their tears, but were failing miserably.
 
The trio embraced, “It will go by so fast you wouldn't believe it.” Said Crystal
 
“But make sure you take pictures of those fine Japanese boys for me first before coming back home.” sniffed Gabby.
 
The girls laughed “I will.” Stepping back she blow everyone a kiss before handing the gate agent her ticket and passport. After receiving clearance she took one last look at her family and friends before turning and walking quickly down the jet bridge. `this will be fine, I just know it.' Kagome thought trying to encourage herself.
 
To her luck she was able to get the window seat. Flying first class was nice enough, but first class by the window was better, and that's what she got (thanks to her dad).
 
It wasn't long before the jumbo jet taxied off the gate and down the tarmac towards the awaiting runway. A knot lodged itself in Kagome's throat as the plane took off down the runway and ascended into the grey sky. It was as if Atlanta knew its beloved Kagome was leaving and cried for her.
 
Kagome plastered her face against the window and watched her city disappear under the thick layer of rain cloud.
 
“This sucks!” she murmured before throwing on her I pod and shutting her eyes.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
 
 
THAT'S ALL FOR NOW ^_^ ……….PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS, I LOVE COMMENTS
 
 
 
 
 
Chi chi ba ba