InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bit of This and That ❯ The Rewards of Education ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Rewards of Education

Word Count: 199

Rating: PG - for the word 'hell'.
Genre: Canon fic/Romantic overtones
Pairings: Inuyasha/Kagome
Summary: Kagome finally aces a math test, and in her celebration, she gives the ill-tempered hanyou the perfect greeting.

 

Uploaded on: January 2, 2005

 

 

Kagome clambered out of the well. Even with her heavy pack, she felt as if nothing could get her down. She felt strong enough to take on Naraku and Kikyou at the same time and win.

The reason for her jubilation: She'd aced her first Trig test in months.

Kagome couldn't keep the giggles contained even as she bowed forward beneath her bag's weight. Taking a few steps forward, Kagome giggled more as the distinct sound of loose clothing flapping approached her. She yielded her load to him as it was slipped from her back.

"Keh," he began his normal pretend-to-be-pissed rant, "you're late, again. What the hell were you dawdling for - "

She whirled to face him. "Inuyasha!" she cried happily, rushing towards him, ignoring his peevishness. "I aced my Trig test. We have to celebrate!"

Inuyasha blinked in surprise, not only when she threw her arms around his neck, but when her lips met his in an overjoyed kiss. Just as he was getting a feel for her soft lips, Kagome pulled away - red in the face and stuttering apologies.

Inuyasha watched as she toddled ahead of him, and suddenly he realized he liked studying very much.