InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Castle Through your Eyes ❯ Bloodied hands ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Okay, this is my first, R rated fic. I guaranty this is not, I repeat NOT for the young peoples! Any ways! I hope you enjoy this fic. It is my second story now, so I think I am a pretty okay writer. This is inspired by a real good book called Lord of Mists, by Desiree Lindsey. Little people should not read! This fic doesnfollow Miss. Lindseyplot all the way, in fact it just really has a ruff edge where my own ideas really give a twist. I changed a lot of it even the year a bit, but I still like to give the main credic to her plot. Any ways......
I consider it a serious fic, yes there might be funny parts because I like funny, but this is a serious love, and might have lemons in it, so if you donlike them there is always the back button. For those who have not already left, I hope you enjoy. If you do, check out my other fic! Well, on with it, A Castle Through Your Eyes. I hope you like!
Declaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or the main plot of Desiree Lindsey. I wish I did, though. They go so well together!

Chapter 1 Bloodied Hands
It was the year 1812. The land was still young in the devolping Japan. Villages were finally coming to peace with the outside world and their people were grown use to the demons and hanyou's that had pledged their lands before the first leaf was crushed by human. The village close to the docks was buzzing with people running about trying to get food for their tables tonight or the young playing in the puddles of the recent rain. Yet among the village a young woman sat weeping in a now closed tavern, that held only three people in it. Kagome Higurashi was sitting by her father's side, holding his cold hand whimpering, as her elder brother, Miroku, paced back and forth worried. Their father, Mr. Higurashi, barley breathed in the oxygen needed to keep his lungs moving. The bullet in his chest making it difficult, mayhap collapsed one of his lungs, and his blood soaking through the material trying to keep it bound, staining not only his daughter's beautiful gown from New York, but the wooden boards that substituted as a futon for now.
on, Father! Please hold on. Kagome whispered. Her tears and whispers of hurt caused Miroku to look up from his pacing to his little sister. She had dark black hair that was unbound across her shoulders and soft white skin that could out match the snow. Eyes once with enough light to shine as the moon, were now dark as any alley and even still, her beauty was set in stone. He knew that many young men would be fight for her hand out in the open of society if she was an only child of the family fortune. Alas, she was the youngest out of her and her four brothers. The eldest was Sesshomaru, an adopt child from their Father's second marriage that didn't result in any children since the woman had dissapeared it had seemed when they were younger. Mr.Higurashi heart broken again, still took in care of the full demon from his lost lover's last mate,and he would consider him son. Sesshomaru knew that the human was not his real father but regarded him as such and only showed the out-most respect and took care of his 'step' siblings.
The next two were the twins who, even though they were around 24 years of age, were still tricksters and trouble makers. Souta and Kohaku, what a pair. Even though the two weren't identical twins you still caught yourself calling one the other. They were the eldest from their Father's first wife who passed on berthing Kagome. Even if they did more games then work, they still knew when to a do a job right and had their serious moments. Like when Sesshomaru heard news of his mother's death, instead of making fun of the woman Sesshomaru had hardly known, they helped Sesshomaru with the arrangements when their father was overseas on business.
Then there was Miroku. In his early twenties and happily married, he had a gift for being a pervert but a heart of gold when there was a great need. Miroku and his little sister were the closest in age and looked out for one another. When one had been hurt the other was putting on the bandage and when one did a prank, you knew who the other culprit was. They could sometimes even have Kohaku and Souta running for their money. Miroku had married Kagome's best fun and had even owed his marriage to his little sister. She had introduced them and had made Sango look past his bad habits and see how sincere he really was. Now, the one who he was most close to was deciding to off alone, to leave him behind on a dangerous mission that he could only hope to keep her from.
dont want you going Kagome. You don't know this land! The priestess will be here soon. We only need to keep him alive for that long." Miroku said. Kagome looked into her brothers violet eyes without turning hers away.The stains that were once on her face from the tears had longed disappeared as they had begun to fight.
must leave. Father needs me, I am the only one that can go as Jaken said. He said that only women are allowed to enter the forest of Inuyasha, and so unless there is something you need to tell me, I am the only one that can go.Kagome said lifting herself to wobbling legs to stand proud just as any other Higurashi would do. Her face had smears of blood from where she had wiped the sweat from her face and her dress looked like it had been soaked in blood all over. Yet she did look proud and was standing on her two feet with now little sway. Their family originated from this land, and yet had not been their for over a century. They were very wealthy and had many trades in America and Africa where the family had been living. As soon as Kagome found that her familybirth was right here, she insisted on venturing with her family to start a trade here and find old friends or even lost family. It was also her that had gotten them into this mess and she felt responsible for getting them out. know that I am the only one who can go. Sango, as much as I wish to have her go, is not to come with me. She is with child and it would be to be a risk as well as putting you emotions through hell. Admit Miroku, I am the only one who has a chance in saving our Father. Please trust me with this task. I will not fail.Kagome begged.
She had taken her ice cold, bloodied hands into his warmer and larger ones. Miroku looked into her hopeful, but dark-filled, eyes. They had never been far apart, even when he married. Sango had wished to stay as near as he and they had ended up living in the Hirgurashi mansion.
Miroku started but was interrupted by a little demon who scurried in with his staff. He was short with big eyes and looked like a toad almost at first, his skin an eerie green/gray color. Kagome embraced her brother though any way, taking in what comfort she would need for the long journey ahead.
will have to be the one who holds back Sesshomaru, Sota, and Kohaku from looking for me. Please, trust me." Kagome pleaded. It took much effort for him to let go of his little sister. They both knew that he was going to get a beating for this, but Sango -Mirokuwife- would do all she could to protect him. Miroku nodded with a heavy heart and let his little sister go. He turned and gave her riding clothes that he had lent her and turned his back. He eyed the green thing to get out of the tavern for privacy. The creature just gave a disgusted look and left the building. He heard the shifting of clothes as her dress dropped and the new clothing was being put on.
When she had finished she hugged him again. Miroku took the advantage to memorize everything about the young women of 19 who was about leave his sight, not knowing when he would ever see the stars kiss in those shading eyes once more. The way her soft hair flowed even though it had been touched by droplets of blood and how much shorter she seemed in the riding boots that luckily were made just for her. She pulled from him and gave him a small reassuring smile and let him go. Kagome went to her father once more quickly. None of her brothers were as close to him as she was. The only man besides her Miroku, could she speak to or go to in trouble. She was her daddy's one and only little girl no matter how big she got. onKagome begged with all her heart. Wait for me Father, I will not leave to have your death on my hands.Kagome looked at her father who was so pale and seemed so lifeless. Memories of the past few hours flooded through her mind, forcing her to look back on what had happened.
Flash back
The siblings and their father all sat down comfortably in the tavern. It was small but in a warm way. All was quiet if you pushed past the sounds of drunken men and women around with loud laughter and whistles. They had been talking about what they were going to see, a talk of hope to finding their old family shrine and grounds when a youkai male, whose face was covered with a piece of cloth, came into their view. They just ignored him with no though and talked. The quite family did not see him again until it was to late. The tall, muscular youkai came up to Kagome, put a clawed hand into her dress and squeezed her breast, making her scream in shock and embarrassment.
Sesshomaru the oldest demon brother, was quickly over at her side, readying himself to punch the man who had touched his sister. Before he could rip the male into pieces, the youkia blew away in a flash, running with the wind of a tornado, surrounding him. Their was a shot of thunder as a bullet scraped past Kagomefrightened face and into her fatherchest. The small, silver pointed metal made itmark, clawing and biting itway into his flesh. Kagome turned with tears already being to shed, jumped to follow her father's falling side, taking hold of his hand. Her twin brothers Souta and Kohaku ran in search for the towns healer. Sesshomaru went to track that youkai who made his father bleed. Miroku hurried to get bandages and calm his sister down. The other occupients in the room went to help or leave with a guilty mind.
The bleeding would not stop and Sesshomaru tried to do what he could with his power when he returned with a sour face without his prey, angry at the youkai for having such fast legs. His human father would not be avenged this night, but hopefully with a priestess, he would see more days. Miroku was speaking all the prayers he knew when a small youkai, named Jaken, came in after hearing the commotion. Seeing the human in distress, he told them of a healer that lived deep in the forest of Inuyasha, but only women were allowed to go past the river into the heart of itforest. The priestess of the village was currently unavailiable because of fire outside of town where children had been greatly injured from it. Hearing this, Sesshomaru left again to help them to hurry things along and get the woman. After he had gone, Kagome agreed quickly to go into the forest with the hope of finding a healer and asked the toad to get horses. He left with a quick bow. Kagome wiped her tears away and turned to her brother. That is when they had their fight on whether or not Kagome was going into the forest.
End of flash back
Kagome kissed her fathercheek once more. She was going to make things right. She got them here and by Kamii she was going to get them out of it. She was going to be strong. She stood with one more grip of her father's hand. With one last look to her brother for confidence, Kagome walked through the door into the dark night towards her adventure with one thought on her mind.
it for me Father, please wait for me.'
666666666
Well, how was that for a first chapter. I bet there are going to be questions so please read and review! I welcome all the reviews, the good and the bad! Ja mata!
ShadowStar666