InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Castle Through your Eyes ❯ A Brief Glimpse Of Angels ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]




Thanks for the reviews! Any way, here is your next chapter! I hope you like!

Chapter 2 A Brief glimpse of Angels

Kagome settled herself on her horse, Kago. It was a female, large painted horse, beautiful and pleasing to her. She was very muscular for her age, but was very gentle and did not fret at Kagome's touch. With a small nudge, Kagome led her new horse to follow Jaken. She did not dare look back at the brother watching her leave, knowing that if she did her tears now falling on her cheeks would be found which would drag him along with her at the risk of his life. Kagome followed the toad youkai into the sea of forest to which her journey would begin.
*In the dark*

It was very quiet and very cold. The small jacket the young women wore, was not fitting enough for the chill of the air. She consistently rubbed her arms to keep the circulation flowing in her arms only making it a bit of a struggle to stay on her horse. Kagome had tried to make conversation with her companion but all he would do was nod or say 'yes' or 'no'. The crickets were the talk able ones. She decided to give up and listen to forest. It was frightening. The shift in the tree as the cool wind blew, the invisible owlhoot, it was starting to get to her after awhile. She swore that she heard a wolf howl in the near distance. She stared at the bright moon that hung in the sky, remembering what her past life had been to take her mind off of the creatures that were near.

*6*6*6*

*Flashback
On the balcony of her home. Her first love found his way to be the first to touch on her body. The man who she swore never to have his name echo in her life again, who had placed himself into her heart for the few short months. He had drugged her mind with passionate kisses, begging her to trust him, giving him access into her heart where she never had known had beat there. Her body reacting in ways she never knew possible, but yet in some ways remarkable. She allowed it, but as she found out, had been tricked. Luckily enough before going too far and loosing her purity, her head cleared as all he had spoken of was the wealth her family owned. How that she would make the perfect little wife and that he would always take care of everything. All she needed to do was take care of the children. That had messed with the mood and earned her anger.

When Sesshomaru found out that his little sister -whom he loved very much- was used, well to say the least, Kagome never heard of the man again. After that she swore not to allow any man to have her unless she made the move which right now, was highly unlikely. Love was the only way to her heart and even then it seemed like a fairy tale of dreams.
*End of flashback

Kagome laughed out loud at the memory, earning a look from Jaken. She blushed, pulling her jacket in a death clench, in her fist. She looked around to where they were, surprised that they were not moving. Jaken had stopped and was looking forward for something. Then before Kagome knew it he was turning around.

where are you going?" Kagome asked, frightened that her guide was leaving. Without looking behind him he kept going.

be off, Lady Higurashi. I am not permitted to enter any further. This is where I take my leave, and not my life. You keep the moon in front of ye'self and ye will find the castle of Four Souls. There you will find your healer." He said no more and was almost out of sight before Kagome screamed.

brother shall have you killed for this you know!" He did not stop as if not to have heard her. The horse and rider traveled on leaving Kagome to look at the her path before her. A gentle stream was her first challenge, then a walk through the forest. Summing up courage she never thought possible, Kagome held her head up high and led Kago through the cold water. Luckily for her, only the edges of her pants were wet. 'You can do this, Kagome! Just a walk on water, or rather through it! You can do this, they are counting on you.' she thought. Though it was a small stream it seemed to go on forever. She was pleased at herself when she made it through her first task alone leaving the water and onto the banks, staring at the haunting looks of wilderness. part done, a few hundred to do.

*6*6*6*

Miroku was pacing again, this time driving his wife Sango crazed. "Miroku please, you are going to make me sick!" Nothing. "Miroku, you child is really making me queezy with you moving that way." The man didn't even flinch. "Stop, or I will aim!" That made the tall, black haired man stop in his tracks and went to her. Checking to make sure she wasnrunning a fever, or if she was straining herself, he made himself a bit useful. Finding nothing wrong, he sat by her side on her bed. Sango sighed. "She will be okay. She is one of the strongest women I know, even stronger and stubborn as some men. She will be back." She said taking his cold yet, bloodstained hand into her own. He had not been able to clean himself, he wouldn't leave her side now that Kagome was gone. He was in a trance.

I know. I just can't help but distrust that damned Jaken. I don't trust demons well," Sango gave him a look. "Besides Sesshomaru, he's my brother. I just don't think Kagome is really safe with this guy and she is just blind right now. His tong lies. I can't help but worry."Sango laid back into her pillow. Miroku, though usually could be kept down with a slap to the face, was more protective then she was used to, so the slapping she gave her husband had no effect. Sango had to resort to pouting, which she hadndone since she was little. The trip over on the ship was hell for her, even though Miroku did everything to make he as comfortable as possible. She had wanted to come along even when her father-in-law insisted she stay home. She was stubborn. When they had arrived in Japan, it was a nightmare not being able to walk around as much, with a purple dog following her around everywhere. I--"

PLEASE L-LORD SESSHOMARU!"A yelling came from the street. Sango wobbled at first to her legs and with Miroku's help, they got to the window where they could see the angered dog demon. Sesshomaru had the toad like demon in his claws.

"Tell me where my sister is, you filthy lying vermin. Your throat shall be ripped from your being if your tong is tied." He said calmly. The toad squealed. "Talk you piece of filth."Sesshomaru opened his hands, allowing the poison to slowly and painfully enter into his victim's body from a small cut. The creature squealed in pain. Sesshomaru wasn't affect by the squirming but payed close attenchin to him, waiting.

Miroku felt Sango flinch from the squealing. When they had been in some training, Sesshomaru could be quite dangerous. He once almost blinded Sango when he lost his sense of control. No one had thought that possible but Sesshomaru had been going through some frustrations and that would explain the loss of since when he had been training Sango in the methods of her fatherpeople. Still though, Sango could feel that pain when she traced the two scars that were barley visible next to her eyes. Miroku though had no sympathies for the little demon. He held information about his sister, and that was enough to hold him from killing that creature. The thing screamed again, making Miroku focus his attentions to the scene before them.

SHALL NOT TELL YOU! Either way I shall die, so I die by your hand and not by that of my master's!" the thing screamed. He grabbed Sesshomaru's surprised hand and threw it into his neck, beheading himself. Sesshomaru let the blood fall from his hand after dropping the body. He looked up at Miroku who held his wife up against his chest, with a look of concern in his eyes, that showed how much they should all worry about their sister. Miroku knew that if Sesshomaru was worried, then the hope of finding his little sister would be like finding a diamond in a pile of white gems.

*6*6*6*

A man with a cape of black followed his old tracks around his forested lands. The forest being that of Inuyasha. His companion, a small she-wolf, named Kagura, was by his side looking in every direction waiting for something to happen. It was time for his normal patrols around his lands in the late evening. The world that he knew, was protect with his wolves, his strength and his bow. Inuyasha walked, listening for the unusual sounds that may or may not be there this night. The ones he knew from a child playing on the land were no threat. It was when there were no sounds from the forest that put him on edge.

Suddenly, poundings of a light trot from a horse were coming clear to his ears. He looked to Kagura and nodded. They fled to be consumed by the bushes and leaves. A young women came into their vision, though the moon hid it's rays, the shape of her face still came to view. Lovely as lilies, the sent of apples were upon Inuyasha curious nose in a second. From what his ears could hear, she was cursing someone with hatred and frustration which made him wonder what she could be doing out here in the first place. She was shivering and Inuyasha felt deep sorrow for the woman. She was quite beautiful, too beautiful to be out here alone in this forest. All of the sudden before he could walk away and let the women go, Kagura let out a short howl startling the girl as she started to come into view. The horse was already stressed and unease. The wolf howl was not going to help. His glared at Kagura with his deep molten gold eyes. Instead of backing down, she let off another, longer howl, scaring the women and jumping her horse which in turn made her loose grip and fall off. Inuyasha, sighed, gave his wolf one more deadly look, and stepped out into the open. Kagura licked her paw and waited.

*6*6*6*

Kagome kept the moon in front of her as instructed for what seemed like hours. She was tired, cold, and hungry. To top it all off, she knew that she was lost and without a guide, she was almost to the point of panic. The forest was trapping her in that panic but the thought of her family kept her mind calmer then she expected.

you Jaken! Curse yourself to hell you lying thieving toad!" She whispered loudly to the thin night air. Suddenly short, but close howl invaded her ears. Kago shifted her feet, making Kagome even more nerves. She whispered calming words that she didn't herself believe. The moon was now hidden from her view, making her stop in the small clearing. A short howl was made known once again but this time it was not off in the far distance. Kagome was scared beyond belief. Yet as things seemed to make their noises she had gained the knowledge of, they were smeared as another, longer, closer howl announced itself. It seemed to be coming from the bushes. Before she knew it, Kago lifted her powerful hooves from the ground sending Kagome strait down into the dirt and leaves. She barely turned over when the horse flew off out of the clearing, leaving her alone and shaken. Kagome sat looking up at the sky, for the moon which still hide in the clouds. Tears glistening at the sides of her face. 'Father, where are you? Why do I have to fail you?' she asked. Before bursting in full tears, a twig snapped behind her.
Kagome twisted around and into the face of a silver haired demon. His eyes looked strait into hers, brown honey with the mix of gold. His face was beautiful and strong. He wore black that made him seem to melt in and out of the forest. He looked at her with fierceness but held a hand out to her. Her eyes started to blink rapidly as if falling asleep as the demon came closer, but she felt no fear of him. Before she could blackout, she wished to stay awake just for a touch. On the head of the silver haired, forest master, were two silvery puppy ears.
*6*6*6*

Well, that is your update. Hope it keeps you reading. ^_^ Thanks!

~ShadowStar666