InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Castle Through your Eyes ❯ Moonlight to Rain Upon ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Thanks for the reviews so far. They are really helpful. Sorry I seem to make short chapters and like umm-

well push the fic a little fast. I hope I get better then that. Thank you to my one reviewer, Tsukiyo Kitsune

tears . Thank you for your reviews that you have given me. I am glad to at least have one person review then

none at all.

Here is your next chapter, which will hopefully be in improvement. Sorry for the long wait. Here is your

next chapter.

Chapter 3 Moonlight to Rain Upon (I won't give up!)

Inuyasha looked down at the passed out maiden. She wasn't to far into her panic that she would be difficult to waken, so he shook her shoulder gently to make her come to her senses. The women moaned a bit, and Inuyasha backed off. She raised herself to her shoulders, her chocolate brown eyes, slowly opened to observe her surroundings. Inuyasha quickly turned his head and backed away. That life was forbidden, to dwindle into looking at the girl, would awaken him painfully into something he already had a hard time controlling. She sat up at him as he backed off, first calm, then the sound of her heart beating pounding rapidly made Inuyasha questionable. He looked back around at her, to find the bright-eyed women looking at Kagura with such fear. He used this as an advantage.

"You should be more careful. The world here in this forest is even more terrifying then the wolf, girl." he said, trying to strike even more fear into her already fast-beating heart. It worked well, as her heart beat impossibly faster.

"Will, will you hurt me?" the girl said looking to the ground. Inuyasha looked down at her, not sure he could answer that question. He saw she wore britches, not common for women; the fashion had changed much in the time he had been locked up. She wore a very low cut shirt that was loosely covered with a jacket, which looked as thin as silk. "Sir?" she asked quietly. Inuyasha looked away, he could swear she was like a humming bird. Her heart beat so fast.

"No, but if you don't get out of my forest soon, you will only become a threat to me, in which I swear to remove." he heard her whimper. Shaking his head he walked to where her horse had gotten caught up in a tree log not far off. It was as terrified as it's master. "Don't worry to much, to become any real threat to me, you would have to live her in the forest. I will make sure you don't. Stay there until I can untangle your beast." he said in a softer tone. With gentle hands that no one would suspect he could have, started his job.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*
*~* ~*
*~*
~*

Kagome watched in amazement as the nightwalker, undertake the work on soothing Kago. He spoke very kindly with his rich voice and his hands stroked her. Kagome tried to stand up, but the low growl from the she-devil stopped her from moving an inch. She was only allowed to change her eyes and just slightly adjust her back. She studied the man before her. Ever jester with his hands, every light foot step, every twitch of his silver-white ears. He wore a midnight black cape, with a blood red shirt underneath. She knew he had to be of some wealth because the clip pendent that secured the cape was of emerald green. He wore tight -kind of fitting pants, well for haunting and black boots. It nearly took her breath a way. He walked with dignity she saw rarely and impressed her well. He looked toward her suddenly with inhuman golden eyes. She turned her head quickly away. She knew she was blushing, but hopefully this demon would not notice.

"Sir, might it be boldest to ask if you knew of a healer around here?" Kagome quietly whispered. The man looked startled for a moment, and then sighed. Kagome waited patiently, waiting for his answer, praying it would be good one to follow.

"I am sorry. Your healer you search for is no longer of any use. You journey has been in vain. I am sorry, but who ever needs a healer can count on the priestess." Kagome was almost heart broken. 'Turn back! After all this way! How could I have failed? Father!' Kagome broke down into tears. Cradling her head into her lap of what strength she had left, she allowed her sobs and broken heart let loose on the dank forest. She cried for her failure, she cried for being tricked, she cried for her stupidity, most of all though, she cried for the lost time she could have spent with her father in his ending. She cried for long minutes until strong arms picked her up, cradling her to whoever's chest. She quieted down as whispers were injected into her ears; being rocked back and forth was making her feel tired and worn. She could smell the deep sent of her holder. It smelt musky and mint type. Not over powering just enough to make her melt inside. She cuddled closer to the strong chest and tried to stay there.

"Are you okay now?" her nightwalker asked. Kagome looked up into his eyes and nodded. He set her down gently on the forest ground again and led her horse over to her. "Come on now, no more need of tears. I will ride you all the way back to the creek, from there your beast should know the way home to the village. Do not, for any reasons, come back here. Understand?" Kagome only half understood what was going on. She was in pain in body and mind. Her heart was broken. Her healer was gone, evaporated and her father might have as well. As he picked her limp form up, the moon shown on the both beings. It took her breath away on how her could be so handsome for someone to be human. He on the other hand, turned away, and started to help her onto the saddle, not able to face her. She had seen him though look at her with that look she had gotten from most men. She found beauty more of a curse then a gift. Look what had happened at the tavern. 'Father' Though he was dazed for a moment, she tried to get answers. The first one, she was dying to know.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you demon?"

*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
*^*^*^*^*^*^
*^*^*^*^*^*
^*^*^*^ *^
^*^*^*
^*

"I am, partly." Inuyasha answered the girl. He had turned to help her up into the saddle. He could not stand the young women's face. It wasn't that she was ugly. She was far from it ever being, a lily, waiting to be touched and cared for. Her raven hair was tangled, wavy from a past braid perhaps. The night had concealed it deeply, and the stars were able to place themselves into her eyes, allowing her more beauty to show.

"What do you mean partly?" she asked. Before she could ask more her lifted her to the saddle and swung in behind her. He felt her fall perfectly into his chest. Her bottom, a bit atop his thighs, made him intake a breath to gain some control Cold baths for a month now. "By the way, my name is Kagome, Kagome Higurashi." She said softly. She lend more into his chest, his demon noise was taking in her scent, making it remember for the long, lonely nights ahead. Inuyasha mouthed her name silently and made a mental note to curse it out later. "What are you?" she said at a moments pause.

"Don't worry about that, you won't ever see me after ward anyway." he replied coldly. She shut her mouth and tried to keep as warm as possible, Inuyasha could feel it. Her clothing was too thin for traveling the journey she started, and he could tell she hadn't eaten in a while, making her body tired. He felt her drowsiness getting closer by the minute. "Don't fall asleep on me, Ms. Higurashi. We are almost there." Silence swallowed them. Inuyasha tried to hurry as fast as possible, eyes surrounded the forest, always watching.

Soon, Inuyasha found the forest silence stolen as they splashed through the crystal creek. Each splash that made its way onto his cape and pants made him shudder to think of what this girl was going through. When they were in the clear, Inuyasha swiftly swept off of Kago, landing softly on the forest's ground. The girl looked startled.

"This is as far as I will take you. Your beast, I said before, will lead you to the village. Don't come back miss. Higurashi." before he could drift back into his forest she spoke with that calling voice.

"Please, tell me your name." she pleaded. Inuyasha did not turn around but did stop.

"Kagura will follow you a distance, just to make sure you leave." he heard her whimper again. He then spoke calmer. "Don't worry she will keep you safe. Good journey Kagome Higurashi." She looked down and shuffled bit. Her horse started and as she started to trot away. Inuyasha called to her. "My name is Inuyasha." She stopped turned back, but he had melted back into the forest. He heard her whisper his name, and then with the silver stains of rain started to pour, he turned his back. Leaving the danger, and prey.

Well that is the chapter. I hope it is better. I am soo sorry for the long wait. I hope you with forgive me and review. Please do! (Those who read my other fic, I will try to update that soon! I swear!) So Ja Mata!

~ShadowStar666