InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Castle Through your Eyes ❯ The Bond Between Wild and Society ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Okay, I know that everyone really wants to kill me but please give me a big break. I really don’t have too much time lately so I try to keep with the fics I am reading and then try to get some writing done so please forgive. Umm… lets see.

Inuyasha has wolves. Kyren that you haven‘t really seen much of but is one of Inuyasha‘s best friends (check chapter 4). Kagura the youngest pup out of four. (who is a wolf in this fic) Then last but not least the alfa-female, mate of Kyren who you haven’t seen much yet either. Her and the other three pups have not been named yet, so don’t worry.

About Sesshomaru. He is Full demon kays? His mother and Kagome’s father married but never had children together. Miroku, Souta, Kohaku and Kagome have a different mother from their father’s first unhappy marriage. Sesshomaru has a hatred to all humans but that of his family. I know, I know, he is not really like this, but in this case of my fanfic, I want to show the side of him that he has for Rin in the mangas. He has deep affection for Kagome because she is the only female in his family and happens to be the youngest. Because of how new every thing is, it’s very difficult for him to track anyone or anything in the forest. I hope this helps answer some questions.

Okay now that That is settled, here is your next chapter.

Chapter 9 The Bond Between Wild and Society

 

Kagome was happy. She was going to save her Father’s life and tell her tale to her brothers. No longer would they see her as the little girl they thought she was. ‘No more being the little girl of the family, but the grown woman.’ Kagome placed the beautiful Kimono on the bed as she changed back into her riding outfit.

“I wish I knew why Inuyasha must be so cold to me.” She said allowed. After breakfast, she had been taken back to his room to change, while he attended to the carriage and horse. Lord Myouga said he was going to change into peasant clothing to make sure no one would recognize him. ‘I don’t understand why he would hide that kind of gift from his people. Why not share it to the world to save his people instead of placing it under legend and forest?’ Maybe some things she would never understand. Like why her heart beat so fast when those coldish, yet meaning filled eyes looked at her.

#HI^_^#

Inuyasha loaded her beast to the carriage so that they would be gone quickly. Every moment that girl stayed there, would be seconds taken of her life span. He could not stop counting the minutes.

 

“Master, are ‘ye certain ‘ye won’t join us on this journey? I believe the young maiden would highly appreciate it.” Myouga said. He had been hasty when changing back into his servant clothing, like it was a great relief to be away from appearing power.

 

“I don’t want to be seen with her. The forest has many seeing eyes in which I wish to stay shadowed from. I will make sure she lives, with or without the sacrifice of my life.” He said stubbornly. Myouga nodded and returned to the castle to tend to the wolves. Inuyasha took a breath and started to softly brush Kago’s black mane. The horse stomped her hooves at him, making him look up. There was his angel of death watching him groom the animal.

 

She walked toward him, with no voice to her curious watching. Inuyasha just watched each of her steps without taking his eyes off of her. She watched with equal intensity. Her eyes searched his, looking for something she thought might be there, but before she could find anything, he turned his head breaking any contact between them. He took his time brushing the horse as Kagome came up to the carriage, looking around for another horse. She looked at Inuyasha as if to accuse him for not coming. ‘I am doing that for your safety, don’t accuse me for something I did not do wrong.’

“I see your not coming with us, why?” She gave him a careful gaze as if that would be enough for him to retrieve his animal.

“I am not going with you because there is work I must do here. Kagura will be with you so you both will be safe.” At the mention of the wolf he saw her tense and draw a bit closer to him. At the name she was given, Kagura came out of the castle and walked down to her friends beckoning hands. Eagerly awaiting a good scratch of attention. Inuyasha heard a whimper from Kagome, as she hid behind his cloak, digging her lethal nails into him. He sighed and grabbed the frightened girl hand, much rather that he unhinged it from the fabric.

“Please, please don’t.” he heard her whimper again. He sighed, and gently laid both of their hands on Kagura’s soft fur. Kagome gasped and tried to pull her hand away, but he kept her hand with a firm, soft grip. “Please, please, let me go.”

“She won’t do anything to harm you, right Kagura? She loves attention no matter who gives it to her. You two should be friends, she will protect you.” He explained in a gentle tone. She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder blades. ‘If she must leave her, I can at least give her some comfort and harmony between herself and Kagura.’ He thought.

Wolves were considered dangerous and because of the tales told by ‘who knows whom’, they were feared and mistreated. Inuyasha had never known that fear because his mother loved wolves with much respect. He had never known the tales of the ‘man eating wolf’. But after his mother died when he was at the age of 9 many things changed. His friends were not permitted to be in sight of his Lord, nor were they allowed within the keep. Of course, Inuyasha was capable of sneaking out and had done it quite often in which he learned everything that he needed to survive the wild with the wolves.

Inuyasha snapped out of it when Kagome breathed through the fabric of his cloak. Sure he had a cape, but because it was quite cool this morning, any heat was easy to feel. “Thank you.” She whispered as they continued to stroke Kagura, whom loved everything little scratch they gave her behind the ears. Inuyasha smiled, happy he formed a bond between the two.

“Your welcome.”