InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Chance Meeting ❯ My Car ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Chance Meeting

by: edebey

I don't own Inuyasha.

MEETING THE FRIENDS-

She shivered slightly, moving her hands to her arms, she rubbed them in an effort to get them to warm up. But the effort was futile. Goosebumps were starting to form on her creamy white skin. She consiously looked around for any signs of people or any other living life-form in the street. She hated the fact that she didn't have a car. She had to walk home every night from night school. She silently cursed whatever gods had given her the idea to do the nightly Buisiness Admin. classes. These streets weren't exactly the safest place to be at 9 o'clock at night. She looked around agian to make sure nobody was following her. She pulled out her cell-phone and flipped it open and pressed 1 and talk. Her best friends number was on speed dial, she loved that.

"Hello, Hiromeshi residence" came a cheerful female's voice.

"Hey Sango! It's me, Kagome. I really need someone to talk to so nobody will think aobut doing anything while I'm walking home. Okay?" Kagome asked the female dubbed 'Sango.'

"Yeah, sure. Hey, I heard we have a new teacher in history. They say he is pretty young. About 2-3 years older than us. You know, I still don't think it's fair you don't have to take history classes. I mean, you're real good and all, but it still isn't fair." Sango complained.

"Hey, for your sake only, I'll come to your classes and help you and Keiko, 'kay?" Kagome comforted her friend.

"Hey, why don't you come to classes with me tommorow? I really wouldn't mind if you came along, you know. I mean you could sit there and pass me notes." Sango pleaded with her childhood friend.

"Yeah, I guess I can come with you." Kagome replied.

"Yay. Now I can actually do somting when I'm done with my work in class. Oh, and by the way, Hojo asked for you yesterday! He said he was really worried about you and the fact you're missing a lot of days. He just doesn't know that you actually save the country almost every night! HEHE" Sango cheered on the other line.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't know a lot of things and it's is better if he didn't. Well I'm at my door now, so I can let you go. I'll see you tommorow in front of the cherry tree by the fountain, k.k.?" Kagome asked the overly excited Sango. Kagome heard the click of the phone on the other line so she closed hers and put hers back in her bag.

Kagome let herelf in her house and turned the lights on so nobody would think it was empty. After checking her messages she made her way to her master bedroom. Her mom gave her her parents bedroom set. It was a California King sized cherry oak four poster bed with the sheer hangings. She went to the bathroom and turned the hot water on and a little of the cold water and added some scented oils to the hot water. Shedding her garments she let herself slide in the big 2-person bathtub. She washed herself then just soaked to get the tension out of her muscles.

About and hour later she got out of the rapidly cooling water and grabbed and big wool towel and wrapped it under her arms. She emptied the tub and left the bathroom and went to her dresser to get one of her silk pajamas out. She got dressed and walked to her bed.

' A girl could sleep in this thing for a week and not hit the same spot twice,' she giggled. Pulling the big comforter back, she crawled in the over-sized bed and proceeded to go to sleep.

ELSEWHERE, IN ANOTHER HOUSE-

"How am I going to get these impudent humans into college if they don't achieve the minimum grades for at least a local college?" Sesshoumaru complained to no one in particular. "These children are so idiotic, it is a wonder how they made it past kindergarten. They will be taught the necessary materials if I have to keep them for days. I will not put my job on the line for their grades." he growed to no one in particular again, making the maids jump from shock.

"Though, I do see one that is very intersting. Sango Hiromeshi. Hmmm, maybe not all of them are pests. Maybe, I can use her as an influence.

Turning of his laptop he got up and made his way to his private chambers and took a cold shower. After getting out he made his way to his welcoming bed and lay down. Closing his eyes, he started to take deep breaths and concentrated on slowing his heart rate down. Sleep does not come easilly for a youkai. It is a praticed skill learned while still young. Some impatient youkai just rest once in a while.

Sesshoumaru slowly relaxed and drifted off to sleep, unaware of the interesting day he would have tommorw.

IN THE MORING, AT THE HIGURASHI RESIDENCE-


"AHHHH, I'm gonna be late. Where's my shoe, where's my shoe, where's me- ahh my shoe!" Kagome dried a shout of joy when she found her shoe under her bed. Getting up and hopping on one foot while picking up her books with one hand and using the other to put her shoe on, she made her way to the kitchen. On the counter, she saw a not e with her mom's signature and keys beside it.

"Oh, mom came by last night, she must of left her keys and slept in her room. Hmmmm...." she picked up a note left on the kitchen counter and read it.

" Dear Kagome,

You have grown up to be a fine young lady, and a beautiful young woman. I hope you go far in your dreams and take good care of yourself. And watch out for any bad demons. Me and your grandfather decided we would go to America and are giving you a good-bye present. The keys will give you all the information you need. Hope you love your new baby.

Love,

Youshi Higurashi &

Ginenji Higuarahi, SR. "

"MOMMA! I can't believe it! She actually, finally went home to America." Kagome cried. Then she remembered the keys. Slowly she reached for them and put them in her pocket to figure out later. Looking at her watch she cried out again.

"AHHHHH, DAMMIT! I'm gonna be late again. Come on 'Gome, hurry up or Sango's gonna drop-kick you when you get there. Out the door, out the door, out the......door?" She looked at the driveway and saw a hot bronze convertable Mustang GT sitting in her yard with a big bow on the top of it.

"OH MY GOD! They left me a car!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She suddenly pulled out the keys and pushed unlock on the remote and the car beeped and the interior lights flashed. She ran over to it and opened the driver side door throwing her stuff into it, she hopped in and closed the door.

"Wow." Was all Kagome could say. She put her keys in the egnition and turned the car on. She sat there with the car running, dumbstruck. Then it hits her.

"I gotta get Sango!" she drives her brand new car out of the driveway and into the street. Remembering the way to the park she see's Sango sitting on the bench, looking pretty much pissed off. Kagome parks her car carefully, and gets out. Pushing the 'lock' key on her little remote, she jogged over to Sango.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HALF AN HOUR ON YOUR BEHIND! YOU BETTER HAVE A GODDAMN GOOD EXCUSE!" Sango began yellin at her when she got in hearing distance, making the moring joggers speed up and run off.

"Sango: I HAVE A CAR!" Kagome yelled frantically waving her hands in the air and jumping up and down.

Sango stood there and let the information sink in and when it finally hit her she yelled "No more buses!" joining her friend in her little 'jumps of joy', scaring more joggers off.

"Come on, you gotta see it!" Kagome grabbed Sango's hand a sped off towards her parked car. When she got to the parking lot she let go of Sango.

"Is this it?" Sango asked, standing in front of an ooold busted up Toyota, dumbstruck.

"HELL NO! They don't come equipped with remotes. *MY* car is over here!" she chirped. Walking to her car she unlocked it and proceeded to get in.

Sango slowly walked around the convertable and ended on the passesnger side. She opened the door and got in.

"Oh. My. God. Hojo's car isn't even as good as this. And he is totally rich and hot. You will be the talk of the campus! Come on, let's get this engine to school. They wont even know it's us until we get out with these tinted windows.

I can't wait!" Sango squeled like a child.

"Okay, Okay. Let's go!" She started the engine and pulled off towards Tokyo University. Upon pulling into the campus parking lots, people stopped and gawked at the new car driveing into the parking lots. Inside the car, two grown women giggled like little girls. Just to spike it all off, they decided to park beside Hojo and Kikyou's car, where nobody else ever parked. Kagome decided to park there because she didn't want anybody near her car.

Everyone just looked at the car and piled aroound it to see the occupants. Hojo and Kikyou just stood there like idiots, looking at the car that had overridden theirs.

When Kagome and Sango got out of the car, there was a gasp loud enough to hear in America from the crowd. Kagome just ignored the comments and walked right by Hojo and Kikyou, until Kikyou grabbed her arm.

"Look bitch, I don't know what you're trying to pull, but it isn't workin'. So, why don't you take your rental car back to the shop and start walking to school again, alright?" Kikyou demanded. Kagome replied with a loud "NO." Grabbing her arm harder she planned on throwing her on the ground, but Kagome was faster.

"NO!" Kagome yelled. When Kikyou planned on throwing her, Kagome snapped her wrist to get Kikyou off and did a split while knocking Kikyou off of her feet and brought her legs together to flip back up. "That car is mine, Kikyou, and I am not taking it anywhere. If you so much as lay one finger on it, you'll lose all of them. GOT IT?" Kagome yelled to the girl sprawled on the ground.

The crowd cheered and yelled when she turned and walked away, towards the Univarsity. Hojo turned and looked at Kikyou, "Uh, BYE!" He smiled and walked away, happy that he had a reason to let go of Kikyou.