InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Chance of a Lifetime ❯ First Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

disclaimer: I dont own InuYasha, oh but if I did <wink wink>
 
Thank you for the reviews and I am glad I could give you something to read when you weren't feeling well neon blue. I hope this chapter is good, took me a while. I didnt want to leave ppl hanging when I used some of the actual ballet terms so I needed to explain them in a non text book kind of way, and here it is. I hope you like it and I am that it is all you were hoping for. :)
 
First Day
 
Kagome looked around the lush green forest. She takes in th sun streaming through the branches. When she turns around she realizes that the forest she is in is the one from the mural. Before her was the huge tree with the strange indentation in the middle of the base. As Kagome reached out to touch the spot, she felt a poke in her shoulder. She glances around but sees no one there. Her grey eyes sparkle in the sun as she looks back at the tree. Once again she reaches to touch the tree and once again she feels a poke to her shoulder. Before she turns around she hears a soft voice whisper her name "Kagome...". She squints her eyes and looks into the forest. "Whose there?" she called out. "Kagome" it says again and once more she gets poked in the shoulder.
 
Suddenly her eyes fly open and she sees Sango on her bed poking her in the shoulder. "Finally you're awake!" Kagome groans and starts to rub her eyes. "I just wanted to know if you were going to go to class or sleep the day away?" Sango said as she stood and started to walk towards the door. "It's already 8:10" was all Kagome heard as her bedroom door closed. With the sound from the click of the door, Kagome's head whipped around to look at the clock on her nighstand and see that it was indeed 8:10. "AHHHHHHHH!!" Kagome screamed and dashed into the bathroom stripping off the black pants and halter tip she fell asleep in. Washing her hair Kagome let the scent of cherry blossoms relax her and quickly rinsed it then washed the rest of her body before getting out of the shower. Drying her hair with a fluffly blue towel, she pulls on her robe and looks at herself in the mirror. She brushed her hair and applied a little hairspray before pulling it back and twisting it around into a bun. After securing it with bobby-pins Kagome walked out of her room and into the kitchen.
 
Sango smiled as Kagome entered. "Morning Sunshine." she said and pointed to the counter. "Coffee and toast but make it quick". Kagome grinned "Oh Thank you!" she said and quickly added sugar and cream to the coffee. Turning around with the large cup in her hands, Kagome noticed Sango already had her black leotard and pink tights on. She had on a dark pink zip hoodie and black shorts pulled on over her ballet clothes and was tying the laces of her pink and gray sketchers. Sango took a look at her watch and noticed it was 8:35. "Hey girl, get the move on we need to be out of here in about 15 minutes." Kagome nodded and took a piece of toast with her as she made it back to her room to get ready. "I wish I was a morning person like you are Sango" she called behind her. "Not everyone can be perfect like me!" Sango yelled back and laughed. Kagome started laughing as she entered her room and closed the door. She set her cup off coffee and toast on the dresser and started to pull out her ballet attire.
 
After slipping on her tights and leotard, Kagome started searching through her drawers for her red running pants. Once she had them pull on and her k-swiss laced up Kagome grabbed her black hoodie and glanced at her clock, 8:45. She quickly grabbed her duffle bag with a towel, her point shoes and a water bottle, and walked out the door. She started to pull on the hoodie as she met Sango at the apartment's front door. "I hope everything goes alright" Kagome said as they walked out into the hallway. "It will but no matter what we won't let those two hoochies mess with us." Sango said as she locked the door and headed for the elevator. They stepped inside and finally arrived on the 5th floor of the building. It was just as beautiful as the rest with royal purple carpet and cream colored walls. Lovely scenes from different ballets were depicted on every other wall like the murals in the girls bedroom. As they were walking they passed a large room that had the best gym equipment placed throughout. Their eyes went wide as they glanced quickly through the room. 'Wow' Sango mouthed to Kagome as they continued down the hallway.
 
When they walked through the door that matched the number on their schedule, they were met with about 15 other girls beating and breaking in their point shoes. They made their way over to a wall and sat down when Kagome felt like someone was watching them. When they finally pulled off their shoes and extra clothes Kagome looked up and noticed the glares that were coming from Kikyo, that girl Yura, and a girl with bright red hair and green eyes, her pointed ears slightly poking out through the wisps of hair framing her face. Kagome looked at Sango and noticed she had a confused look on her face. "Uh Kagome, that girl has pointed ears...and oh my god are those fangs?" she asked as she stared harder. Kagome looked back at the girl and noticed the fangs as she laughed at something Yura said. "I forgot that this company was started by a demon, so I guess it's only natural it would allow demons." she said with a shrug. Sango just nodded and then noticed some of the other girls with different features and smiled. "That is so cool!" Kagome grinned and pulled on her point shoes and started to tie them around her ankles. "You know what this means don't you?" Sango asked. Kagome just turned to her and raised an eyebrow with a questioning gaze. "Demon guys are totally built!" she said and winked at Kagome.
 
"Only you Sango." was all Kagome could say as the ballet teacher walked through the door and cleared her throat. "Alright ladies, if you would please step up to the barre" the young woman in the front of the room said. Kagome and Sango quickly joined the other girls next to the horizontal wooden poles they used for support. "Thank you" she said when she noticed everyone was in a place and nicely spaced out. "For those of you who are new, my name is Rin Thomas, and I am your Ballet Instructor." she smiled and walked over to a large stereo unit that was set up on the far wall. Kagome took in Rin's appearance through the mirror across from her. She was about an inch shorter then Kagome, so she was about 5'4 and had dark brown hair. She had the samd kind of warm brown eyes that Sango had. She also noticed that since she has entered the stuido she had yet to stop smiling. A soft melody flowed from the speakers drawing Kagome out of her thoughts. Rin made her way back into the front center of the room and started to speak. " Alright ladies. I want you to start off with your feet in the first position then to a demi-plie, then second position, demi-plie, then finally third position with a grand-plie."
 
The girls nodded and begun. Kagome formed one line with her feet, the heels touching indicating the first position. "Don't forget the Bras Bas" Rin said and created a low circle with her arms, the sides of her hands lightly resting on her thighs. All the girls followed suit and bent slightly at the knees performing a demi-plie. As they continued Rin walked around and helped the girls improve some of their moves. Sango heard Kikyo snicker as she saw Rin walk up to Kagome. "That's excellent dear, you have a beautiful turn out." she told her talking about her ability to turn her feet and legs from the hip to an extent position. Kagome beamed with pride, Sango smiled smuggly and Kikyo just sneered. They all gracefully moved their feet about a foot apart in the same line and created the second position. They raised their arms slightly but held the smooth circle their arms made then once again bent slightly at the knees for the demi-plie. "Beautiful" Rin said smiling as she continued to walk around. Next came the third position of the feet. One foot is placed in front of the other with the heel touching the middle of the other foot. As the girls did this they again raised their arms creathing an arch above their heads. Then they performed the last move, the grand-plie. They bent all the way at the hips until their thighs were horizontal. After standing back up gracefully they held the position as the song faded.
 
"Very nice." Rin said and clapped her hands. "And again" she said and went back to the front of the class. Four more times the girls did this and Rin made sure that the positions were ideal. "Alright ladies, now I would like to see what I call "Flutter". I want you to glide smoothly across the floor on the points of your toes." she said and nodded at Kikyo. Kikyo smiled and went to the side of the room where she got on the tips of her toes and glided beautifully across the floor to the opposite side, her arms gracefully arched above her head. The soft taps of the shoes barely touching the ground was all the was heard. The girls all clapped and paired off into groups of 3, then each group took turns "fluttering" across the dance floor. Rin watched closely and was impressed at how well Kagome and Sango danced. She could see their love for in their eyes each time they performed a move. Then came Kikyo. Each of her moves were executed perfectly but Rin knew she was just doing what she was told. There was no love for ballet in those cold brown eyes. She finally noticed that the last group was up and quickly glanced at her watch. '10:30' she read and looked back at the girl.
 
"Okay that was it for today. I know some of you have modern dance class at 11:15 so you might want to take a break and cool down. Sesshomaru can tend to be a slave driver." Rin said with a soft laugh. Some of the other girls nodded and laughed. They made their way to their bags and started to pull on their bottoms when they noticed Rin walking towards them. "Just a heads up but Sesshomaru will be having you girls work out in the gym tomorrow with who ever he chooses to be your partner in his class today." she said and started to walk away with a soft smile playing on her face. "Thank you Miss Thomas" Sango called out. Rin stopped in her mid step and turned around with a serious expression on her face. "Call me Rin." she said then gave them a huge grin. Kagome looked at Sango confused and shoved her hoodie and k-swiss in her bag before walking towards the door. "That was a nice class" Kagome said as they made their way down the hallway and to the small break room. Sango noticed that over most of the girls from their ballet class headed for the elevator as a few stayed behind and changed. "Yeah, I like Rin, she's really sweet" Sango said as they took a seat. Kagome just nodded as she pulled out her half frozen water bottle and took a drink. "Have you ever taken modern dance before?" Sango asked sounding a bit nervous. "No but it can't be that bad, right?" Kagome said and gave her friend a warm smile. "Right" Sango said giving a small nod.
 
They continued to sit and talk when they heard a door open behind them. Kagome looked up over Sango's shoulder and saw Kikyo walking out of one of the bathrooms. She was wearing a black sports bra and black spandex pants. She swung her dance bag over her shoulder and walked by completely ignoring Sango and Kagome. The girls looked at each other and shrugged before they bursted out laughing. Once they were finally able to catch their breath they noticed the clock on the wall read 11:00. Sango quickly stood up and tied her hoodie around waist. "Well are we ready for this?" she asked with a slight laugh. "As ready as we'll ever be" Kagome answered with a smile as she stood pulling the strap of her bag onto her shoulder. After Sango picked her bag off the floor the girls made it out of the breakroom and walked down the hall. When Kagome and Sango made it to the modern dance class room they were shocked. Inside there was a little over a handful of people. Sango gave a little smile and walked inside the room followed by Kagome. Out of the corner of her eye Kagome saw a flash of silver and stopped in her tracks. She turned her head and saw a guy about 5'8 with long silver hair tied back in a low braid. She was noticing how well the red muscle shirt showed off his built frame when she saw something twitch on the top of his head. Kagome's eyes went wide when she saw the two triangled shaped ears on top of his head. 'Oh he's got cute ears!' she thought to herself and had to stop from walking over there to touch them.
 
She was so distracted by his ears and muscles that she didnt realize he was starting to turn her way. Just when she came back to her senses, she caught the color of gold before Kikyo walked up to the guy and wrapped her arms around his neck drawing his attention. She watched as she was picked up by the waist and twirled. 'Sango was right about the guys' she thought to herself with a small smile before turning and walking towards Sango. She never noticed the pair of golden eyes that watched her walk away. Kagome saw Sango and couldnt help but laugh at her frustrated face as she made her way over to her. "Where is that stupid chapstick" Sango mumbled as she searched through her dance bag. Kagome just shifted her bag and pulled out a small tube before tapping Sango on the shoulder. Sango turned and smiled greatly at Kagome. "Oh thank you, I was afraid I'd start biting my lip" she said with a soft laugh. Kagome just gave a wink and set her bag down next to Sango's. They each took another swig of their water and placed them back in the bag just as a tall man with long white hair and golden eyes walked into the room. When the girls looked closer they could see purple stripes on both cheeks and pointed ears. His white tank top clung to his muscled chest and his pants hugged all the right places.
 
The man cleared his throat and everyone stopped what they were doing. "Alright, lets warm up" he said in a light emotionless voice. Everyone go into two lines and made sure they were spaced far enough apart. "For the few new people we have, I am Sesshomaru Andersen your modern dance teacher and the owner of The Shikon Dance Company. Now I want you all to know that if you are in this class you have been chosen for a special proformance we will be putting on in a few months." he said as he made his way to the stereo. "This performance is going to have both Ballet and Modern Dance fused together. Also I will be pairing you up today with who I see fit." he pushed play and a rock melody came blaring from the speakers. "Okay now everyone together! Starting with the head. Right, center, left center..." The dancers continued to warm up, rolling there shoulders and even laying on the ground doing pelvic thrusts. "Hold that position!" Sesshomaru yelled when everyone had their butts off the ground and their muscles tight. Taking a quick glance around the room Kagome saw the other silver hair guy next to Kikyo apparently whispering something to her from his spot a few feet away.
 
"Alright everyone up and lets get started." Sesshomaru said as he changed the cd. "Dirty little secrets" by All-American Rejects started to pour from the speakers. "Now I want you to have fun with it so I can see what you can do. I want to see some jumps, some spins and some damn emotion put into! Got it?!" he said. Everyone nodded and started to split into the groups he wanted. "Here are the groups. I want InuYasha, Kikyo, and Sango. Then Kagome, Koga, and Naraku. And finally Miroku, Yura, Hiten, and Ayame. Begin!" he yelled and the first group went to the center of the room. "Remember, use the people that are with you, nothing drastic, give them some kind of heads up but I want to see who looks good together, as we go the groups will change til I get what I want" he said with a smirk.
 
Sango glanced nervously at the rest of the dancers then concentrated on the music. She quickly raised up on the tips of her toes and did a smooth spin. Kagome watched with a smile on her face as her friend did a high kick and dropped down to her knees right in front of the guy she was almost drooling over, InuYasha. He gave Sango a smirk then lifted her by hands and pulled her against his body. Just when he spun her out with his hand held outward, Kikyo stepped in and started to grind her body against his. The smirk still played on his lips as he held on to her waist and proceeded to lift her above his head. Kikyo arch her back slightly and bent her knees as he brought her back down and held her bride style. Sango gave Kikyo a glare when she looked at her and threw her head back with the arch of her back and spread her arms beautifully. She then wrapped her arms around herself like a hug and thrusted her hips forward with the beat. "Alright next group please" Sesshomaru said his eyes slightly narrowed at the way Kikyo was acting.
 
Kagome started to walk towards the center of the room when she felt someone grab her hands and pull her into a hard chest. She looked up and grey eyes were met with a piercing blue. His fang peaked out from under his upper lip when he smiled down at her.His brown hair was tied back into a pony tail and he wore a sweatband around his head. She figured him to be as tall as the now known InuYasha. His black tank top stretched across his chest as he started to move. Before she could do anything he lifted her up into the air. Quickly putting her hands on his shoulders she began to wrap her legs around his waist when he brought her back down. Just as he got her secured in his arms, she arched her back and he spun. After releasing his hold on her except for her hand, she found herself once again lifted into the air and carried away from the man before her. She was spun around quickly and came face to face with cold hard purple eyes and inky looking black hair hanging over the tall mans shoulder. Kagome didnt like the feeling she got from him when he lets his hands roam her body. Standing off to the side watching was InuYasha and a man with short black hair tied back into a small ponytail and purple eyes. InuYasha couldn't take his eyes off of the girl that was stuck dancing with Naraku. "She pretty good huh Inu?" the guy whispered next to him. InuYasha just gave a little nodded and watched when Naraku started let his hands go down the girl's side and lift her up by her butt. He quickly shot his brother Sesshomaru a look and saw that he too was not happy with the display.
 
"Alright next group please, and lets keep it clean, atleast for now" he said as he watch Naraku walk off to the sidelines with a smirk. Soon the guy that was standing next to Inuyasha was in the center of the room, he immediately grab Yura and spun her around then landed on his knees infront of her as if offering himself to her. Yura smile wickedly and rested her foot on his shoulder pushing him away. Meanwhile Ayame and Hiten were joined at the hands, he twirled her out and brought her back against his chest. His electric blue eyes seemed to sparkle as he lifted her and held her above his head with one hand. Ayame gracefully put one arm straight into the air as the other gripped his shoulder. Gently he threw her up and watch as she twirled in the air before he caught her dipping her low to the ground. Yura watched this and grabbed Miroku's hands wrapping them around her waist. The moment she did that his mind started to wonder as he lifted her straight up above his head. His purple eyes started to glint with mischief as he looked at her rear end. 'Dont touch dont touch dont touch dont touch...' he chanted in his head over and over again. Yet when he let her slide down so her feet were once more touching the ground, everyone couldnt help but laugh at the expression on her face. She quickly turned around and saw Miroku's hand on her ass cheek. She slapped him hard and walked over to Kikyo. Miroku just rubbed his shoulder and sigh as he join Inuyasha.
 
"You were asking for that you idiot." Inuyasha said as Miroku walked up. "I know but it's a pain well worth it" he answered then they turned to look at Sesshomaru. "Alright, here is who I want partnered. I dont want to hear any whine what so ever!" he waited til everyone was quiet and listening. He knew that there would be some unhappy dancers but he could careless, it's his Company and he'll do what he wants. Sesshomaru crossed his arms over his chest and glanced at everyone. "Okay, I want Ayame and Koga" he waited til the two paired off before he continued. "Yura and Hiten." Yura fumed as she saw Hiten make his way over to her. 'I want to dance with Miroku!' she yelled in her head. 'Great just what I need' Hiten thought as he stepped up to Yura with a fake smile. "Sango and Miroku." he watched with amusement as Sango cautiously kept a few feet away from Miroku. Miroku dropped down on one knee and grabbed Sango's hand. "Will you do me the honor of bearing my children?". All that was heard was a loud slap and a mumbled "pervert". "Alright last two pairs" Sesshomaru said with a smirk, pausing on purpose. "Kikyo and....Naraku". Kikyo stomped her foot and started swearing under her breath before she turned and gave Naraku a sweet smile. Naraku just nodded and looked over her shoulder at Kagome. "And obviously the last pair is Kagome and Inuyasha. Now remember you will be working out and dancing with these people for the next couple of months so I would play nice if I was you." he said before he walked out of the room. Everyone just stared at Inuyasha and Kagome looking at each other. "You better not step on my feet wench!" was all he said before he turned to walk away.
 
Kagome blinked slowly before coming back to her senses. "Excuse me, what did you call me?" she said with her arms folded over her chest. "I called you a wench, got a problem with your hearing?" Inuyasha said as he turned around. Grey clashed with gold. "My name is Kagome. KA-GO-ME. Get it right." she then walked over and grabbed her bag meeting Sango at the door. She heard a mumble 'keh' as she walked by him. Before exiting she turn and looked at him a bright smile on her face. "See you in the morning Inuyasha" she said and was gone with a laughing Sango behind her. Inuyasha just stood there with a confused look on his face. When Miroku walked over to him he bent over laughing at Inuyasha's dropped jaw and wide eyes. Before he could say anything he felt a blinding pain upside his head. "Shut up!" was all he heard before he was shoved out of the way by a pissed off Kikyo. "You better have your brother fix this Inuyasha!" she yelled. Inuyasha flattened his ears on top of his head and looked at her. "You heard what he said no whining. I am not going to mess with him. I would still like the use of my legs." he said with a glare. Kikyo 'hmphed' and left the room. "You kind of like this Kagome girl don't you Inu?" Miroku asked while nudging his friend with his elbow. "Can it ass!" he said and walked away. 'Tomorrow should be interesting' Miroku though as he went quickly to catch up with his angry half-demon friend.
 
In the break room stood a fuming Kikyo and Yura when Naraku walked in. "Do you really want to listen to that dog demon for your entire dancing career with decisions like this?" Yura shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest. Kikyo just stared at him curiously. "I know you want the pathetic half breed,and I want Kagome. I'll help you, if you help me." he said with a smirk. Kikyo raised her eyebrow and watched as he put his hand out for her to shake. She slowly took it and was thrown off balance when he quickly pulled her to him and kissed her. When she was finally able to push him off Naraku was laughing coldly. "I think we'll make a great team" he said before he walked out leaving the girls to wonder what exactly Naraku was up to.
 
 
 
 
Well that was it for my lasted chapter. Sorry it took so long, took me a while to picture it and then when I started to type it my computer decided it wanted to close the app before I could save, so I ended up spending an hour typing for nothing (sigh) oh well it's finally finished. I hope everyone will like this story more now that Inu and Kagome finally met. It should be pretty interesting.
Well until next time. Have fun!
 
InuYashaJunkie