InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A clone in Feudal Japan ❯ The Well ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Star Katt: We don't own InuYasha or the X-Men

Soul Avenger: DUH!

Feudal Era-By the Enchanted Well

If anyone had walked up to the well at this moment, they would have found unusual company resting there. There was a half-demon with long white hair and dog ears, a female ex-demon exterminator, and a perverted monk.
The half-demon known as Inuyasha, suddenly jumped up. "That's it! I'm going back to get her!" he growled. Without warning, Inuyasha suddenly leaped into the enchanted well, leaving a stunned ex-exterminator and an amused monk behind.
"Now, why doesn't that surprise me?" Miroku the monk asked Sango, the ex-exterminator.
Sango smiled at the remark, but then a worried expression came over her features. "He forgot Tetsuaiga," she replied.
"What could happen over there that would make him need it?" Miroku asked.
Sango shrugged as her demon friend, Kirara, climbed into her lap. Miroku stared, wishing he could be in Kirara's position.
Sango noticed the devilish gleam in his eyes, and glared at him. "Quit staring at me!" she said, angrily. Immediately, Miroku looked at the ground like it was the most fascinating thing in the world to him right then.

Back On the Other Side- At the Shrine

I should just put them in my pocket for now, Kagome thought, looking up to her bedroom window. I don't really feel like going up there right now. "I wonder what I should get for the others?" she said aloud, thinking of her feudal era friends.
"KAGOME!!!" Inuyasha's voice came out of the well, making Kagome jump a foot in the air.
"Ahhhh! INUYASHA! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!?" Kagome yelled, angrily.
"Sorry!" Inuyasha snapped. "Maybe if you hurried up, I wouldn't have to come after you!"
"So, now you're saying I'm slow!? Maybe I'm too slow to keep up with you guys! Maybe you don't even need me!" Kagome retorted.
"Quit your whining," Inuyasha said, a little irritably. "I came to bring you back." He gave her his puppy dog eyes. (Adorable!)
Kagome sighed. "Okay, Inuyasha, I'll forgive you if you help me bring some things back with me."
"Feh!" Inuyasha crossed his arms. "Why should I?"
Kagome glared at him. "Because I could S-I-T you, that's why!"
"Okay, okay! You don't have to resort to that!" Inuyasha said, holding up his hands in defense.
"Good!" Kagome said, smugly.
"Awww," Someone said from behind the two, making both of them jump this time. They both turned around, and Kagome recognized the girl from earlier. "You took something from me and I want it back," the girl said, pointing to Kagome.
Inuyasha suddenly snarled, jumping in front of Kagome. "Well, you can't have it!" he said, fiercely. She stared at Inuyasha until realization dawned on her that he didn't know about the pictures. Kagome gasped. Inuyasha probably thought that the girl wanted the sacred jewel!
There was a moment of confused silence as Inuyasha and the girl each tried to sniff each other without the other one noticing. "Inuyasha-." Kagome started to say, but he interrupted her.
"Stay back, Kagome! I don't know what she is, but I know that's she's not quite human…She's not a demon, either!" Inuyasha snarled at the girl. "What the hell are you?"
"I could ask you the same thing!" the girl snapped. "What's with the ears? Did Halloween come early this year?" Moving swiftly, the girl reached up and yanked on Inuyasha's ears. (u lucky devil, u!)
"Owww!" Inuyasha said, snatching his head away.
"Wait, did you say… demon???" The girl stared at him.
Inuyasha sneered. "Yeah. I'm half-demon. If you really want what you came here for, then you're going to have to go through me! Unless, you're afraid!" Inuyasha taunted her.

All this for my pictures? Alexandra thought. This is ridulous! He must think I'm after something else… Something much more important! I wonder… if I fight him, will I find out what it is?
"Inu-," the black-haired girl, Kagome, started to say again, but the so-called half-demon interrupted her again.
"SHUT UP!" the half-demon, Inuyasha, yelled. "So what's it going to be, girl?"
Alexandra realized that he really was serious. He really did want to fight her. She shrugged. "Sure. I'll fight you," she said. "You don't scare me." Alexandra took a fighting stance, her titanium claws popping out of her hands and feet. "I have my weapon! Where's yours?" Absentmindedly, she noticed that Kagome and Inuyasha didn't really seem that surprised by her sudden change in appearance. Maybe they get this a lot, she thought.
She watched as Inuyasha reached down to his side. Looking for a gun? She thought. "Damn! I must have left Tetsuaiga on the other side of the well!" he exclaimed. Turning around, he suddenly jumped through the well, startling Alexandra.
"What the-!?" she said, watching him. Anger overtook her. He was running from battle, she realized. Without a moment of hesitation, she ran down the shrine steps and jumped in after him. "Oh, no you don't! Come back here, coward!" she screamed in frustration.

Back In the Feudal Era

Inuyasha climbed out of the well, slowly, realizing that he had left Kagome. "Oh, well," he said aloud. "She didn't want to fight Kagome anyway, and at least I got away."
"I wouldn't be too sure about that, dog boy!" An angry voice said from under him. Looking down into the well, he jumped as he spotted the girl climbing up after him.

Wherever Logan Was While Alex, Inuyasha, and Kagome were at the Shrine

"Where is that girl!? It's been forty-seven minutes!" Logan growled. As angry as he was, he failed to realize that nervous people near him were taking the long way around to avoid walking near him. He was giving out angry-man vibes. I'm going to go look for her, he thought worriedly. She better be all right.

A Few Minutes Later When Logan Arrives at the Shrine- Alex and Inuyasha are now Challenging Each other to a Fight Inside the Shrine

Logan had lost his breath from running all the way here. He stopped, hunching over and putting his hands on his knees. Looking up, he suddenly spotted Alex standing in the doorway of the shrine. Her back was tense and her claws were out. He had been right to worry about her. He caught his breath, and right when he was about to yell out her name, she disappeared into the shrine. Shocked, he stood there for a second longer. Then, he sniffed. Her scent had completely disappeared.
He stalked up towards the shrine and stopped as he saw someone emerge from it. It was a girl, about Alex's age. She spotted him and stopped looking as surprised as he felt.
"You're the guy!" she exclaimed in Japanese.
"The guy?" he asked, clearly confused.
The girl nodded. "Yeah. You're the guy in the pictures with that girl!"
"Pictures!?"
"Yeah, the pictures she had with her," the girl continued. "I have them, but I didn't get a chance to tell her because my friend Inuyasha kept interrupting me. He thought she was looking for something else that belongs to me, but she was looking for her pictures. Then, he challenged her to battle, and before I could say anything, she accepted. But, he forgot his weapon… uh, somewhere, and she followed him-."
"Wait a minute!" Logan growled. "What exactly is he? He didn't smell like anything I've ever smelled before. Kind of like a cross between a dog and a human…."
He trailed off as he noticed the girl staring at him. "Smell?" she asked. Now it was her turn to be confused.
"I mean…." Logan said, hastily.
"You know what? It's okay. You don't have to explain. I'm used to, uh, unusual things happening to me, and you don't seem particularly evil. Besides, it's more important that we go after our friends, don't you think?" the girl said.
"Actually, no. Alexandra will be perfectly fine. It's your friend that I'm worried about. Alex knows when to kill and when not to," Logan replied.
"I can usually say the same thing about Inuyasha," the girl said, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, my name's Kagome, nice to meet you." She held out her hands.
"Logan," he said, warmly. "And the pleasure's all mine."