InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A clone in Feudal Japan ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Star Katt: Here's the disclaimer.

SoulaVenger: We don't own the X-men or InuYasha (darn) but we do own the plot.

Star Katt: Don't sue me!

SoulaVenger: Why not?

Star Katt: Because, I don't any money.

SoulaVenger: Oh, ok. Good point.

Star Katt: Thanx. Anyways, on with the story.

Feudal Japan- Beside the Enchanted Well


"Gahhhh! How did you get over here!?" Inuyasha yelled down at Alexandra angrily. Alexandra could see that he was clearly surprised. She didn't bother answering since she didn't even know herself.
"Inuyasha, is that Kagome?" A male voice floated down to Alexandra, who was struggling to pull herself out of the well. She stuck her head up in time to see Inuyasha reach for his sword.
"A pest!" He muttered angrily.
Quick as lightning, Alexandra hoisted herself out of the well, and grabbed the nearest person to her. A male with black hair and dressed in some kind of purple robe thing. Startled, he didn't even try to fight back. Just in case he tried anything, she slowly slid out her titanium claws until they rested against his throat. Now, he looked really scared. Alexandra smiled inwardly.
"Now, just give me my pictures and no one will get hurt," she said, glaring at Inuyasha.
Inuyasha's eyes widened in realization. "Pictures? You wanted pictures!?" he howled.
Alexandra rolled her eyes. "Yes, you idiot! That girl, Kagome, has pictures of my brother and me and I want them back."
"Why didn't you say that before?" Inuyasha growled in a low, but dangerous voice.
"If you had let me explain, I would have told you that!" Alexandra retorted, matching his tone.
For the first time, Alexandra saw that a female was with them. "Umm," the lady said. "Now that this is cleared up, will you please let Miroku go?"
"Huh?" Alexandra had forgotten that she was holding someone prisoner. She looked down at the one called Miroku in her hand. Sliding her claws back in, she dropped him on the ground. "Sorry," she muttered.
"It's alright," Miroku said, brushing the dirt off of his clothes.
Alexandra looked around also noticing for the first time that the shrine was nowhere in view. "Where am I?" she asked, fear creeping slowly up her spine. She was in a grassy plain with flowers and trees all around for as far as she could see. It was very beautiful, but that wasn't the point.
"Feudal Japan," the female spoke up, smiling at Alexandra. Alexandra saw that she was wearing funny clothes, too. Out-of-date clothes.
"Near the God Tree," Miroku added, having brushed all the dirt off of him.
"Not to be rude or anything, but what are those?" the female asked, pointing to Alexandra's hands. "Those things that came out of your hands?"
"Oh, these? They're titanium steel," Alexandra answered, before she realized that if they really were in Feudal Japan, then these people wouldn't know what titanium steel was.

Sango gave the girl a confused look. "Oh, okay," she said. "Um, what's titanium steel?"
"Excuse me," Miroku said, interrupting. "But, did either of you see where Inuyasha went?"
"He left?" Sango asked, looking around. Sure enough, he was nowhere to be seen.
"He probably went back to the village," Miroku sighed.
Sango looked around again. "Great. Now, where did that girl go?"
Before Miroku could answer, they both heard a noise coming from inside the well. Looking down, they spotted the girl literally hopping mad.
"No!" she yelled. She looked up and saw Miroku and Sango. Giving them a ferocious look, she screamed. "Why won't it work!?!?"
Sango and Miroku looked at each other, amused. Then, Sango might have imagined it, but she could've sworn Miroku gave her the smallest wink. "It's magic," Miroku explained to the girl. "You probably have to go back the same way you came."
"How did you get here anyway?" Sango asked. "Usually only Kagome and Inuyasha can get through. Speaking of Kagome, where is she?"
The girl shrugged. "Dunno. I came with that dog boy, Inu-hasha, or whatever his name is. I guess I'll have to leave with him." Reluctantly, she climbed back up the well.
"His name is Inuyasha," Miroku said, smiling. "I'm Miroku, and this is Sango." He pointed to himself and Sango in turn.
"And this is Kirara." The small cat-like thing had nudged Sango on the leg, and then jumped up into her arms, looking at the girl curiously.
"I'm Alexandra," the girl muttered.
"It's a pleasure, Alexandra," Sango said, warmly.
"Well, we better hurry if we're to catch up to Inuyasha before nightfall," Miroku said, looking worriedly at the sky. "These woods are a nightmare to get through in the dark."

Back in Modern Japan

Kagome directed Logan over to the God Tree and they sat down next to each other. "So…." Kagome said, taking a deep breath. "Who should go first?"
Logan raised an eyebrow at her. "First?" he repeated.
"Yes. We definitely need to trade stories. I mean, at least it'll help pass the time," Kagome said, smiling at his mistrustful expression.
"Oh," he said, relaxing visibly. "I suppose I should go first, then. My story is kind of long."

(K, I'm 2 lazy 2 type his whole story, but if u ever seen X-Men or X-Men Evolution, then u know his story. Wolverine's a mutant who has an amazing fast healing power and he has the titanium claw thing going on. He and his clone a.k.a. Alexandra, r looking 4 this science place, Hydra, 2 destroy it I guess. That's the place where Alexandra was cloned & a long time ago Wolverine was a.ka. Weapon X. If u don't know the story, I'm sorry. Maybe u should watch more TV…lol -Soul Avenger)

Logan finished his story, and took a deep breath, then turned to see how Kagome would react. Her mouth was hanging open. For a while, she seemed unable to talk.
"Wow, what a story," she finally said, shaking her head. "And I thought I had it rough."
Logan chuckled at her expression. "Well, I've told my tale. Now, what is going on with that dog guy you call Inuyasha and the shrine?"
Kagome smiled. "Well, it all started on my fifteenth birthday…."

"Well, kid, that is another very interesting story," Logan said. Now, it was his turn to have the weirded-out, but still shocked expression on his face.
Kagome looked at him and hesitated, before asking, "You do believe me, right?"
"Of course I believe you!" Logan said, glancing at her. "I've been through too many strange experiences to not believe you. I'll just apply it to my life. For instance, I'll just think of your dog friend as a mutant instead of a half-demon."
Kagome was relieved. Even compared to his, her story still sounded a little far-fetched. Thank goodness, she thought.
"You know? Alexandra and your dog friend have been gone for quite a while. I know not to worry too much about Alexandra, but it has been a long time, even for her," Logan said, looking down at his watch.
Kagome looked up at the sky. "Yeah. And it's getting dark, too. We should go look for them."
"What!? How!?" Logan said, startled at her abrupt suggestion.
"Through the well, of course," Kagome said. Plus now, I get to prove that I'm telling the truth, she thought to herself. I mean, I know he says that he believes me, but I can never be too sure.
"I mean, how will I get there? From what you said, it seems like only you and your dog friend can travel back and forth," Logan reminded her.
Kagome nodded. "Yeah, but it worked for Alexandra, right? So, maybe you just have to hang onto me, or something."
Logan sighed. "Okay, let's do this." They walked over to the shrine, entered it, and stopped at the well.
Kagome grabbed Logan's hand. "Whatever you do, make sure that you don't let go of me until I say so," Kagome said, sternly. "I don't even want to think about what might happen if you get stuck between here and the feudal era. Plus, I don't want to have to come back to get you if you don't make it."
Logan nodded, amused at her tone of voice. "Are you ready?" she asked, tightening her grip on his hand.
"No, but let's get this over with already," Logan said, eyeing the bottom of the well.
"Let's go!" Kagome said, somewhat excitedly as they both jumped into the well.

(Yes, we realize that this is kind of a tight fit, but stick with us anyway, -Star Katt & Soul Avenger)

Feudal Era in the Woods- Early Evening, like 6-ish

Meanwhile, Alexandra, Miroku, Sango and Kirara were still walking through the woods heading for the village, when Alexandra suddenly stuck her arm out in front of everybody. "Stop," she said, surveying their surroundings.
"What's wrong?" Sango asked, alarmed. "What is it?"
"I smell something… it's…. I'm going to go check it out. Don't follow me!" Alexandra replied quickly, running away from them in another direction.
"Wha-huh?" Miroku said, looking to see which way Alexandra had gone. He sighed and turned to Sango. "Remind you of anyone?"
Alexandra ran through the woods, gaining speed as the smell that had worried her grew stronger. Wolves and a frightened child. She stopped suddenly taking in the scene before her. I was right, she thought, not even pausing to hesitate. Instead, with a ferocious yell, her claws erupted from her hands and feet. Launching herself at the wolves, she landed right next to the little girl. She sprung into action then, slicing at the bloodthirsty wolves, not killing them, just scaring them… a LOT. The wolves yelped and ran away from the direction they had probably came with their tails between their legs.
Alexandra sighed. Cowards, she thought. Wincing, she slid her titanium claws back in, and turned toward the little girl. The girl stared at her, wide-eyed. Alexandra knelt by her side. "Are you alright?" she asked.
The girl still looked astonished, but she managed to nod, just barely. Alexandra sighed wearily. The little girl was obviously in shock. "Listen," Alexandra said, as gently as her voice could go. (Remember, she's not used 2 this, so her voice isn't very gentle or quiet.) "Little girl, I'm not here to hurt you. My name is Alexandra. What's yours?"
The girl's face suddenly broke out into a smile, startling Alexandra. "Rin!" the little girl said, still smiling that adorable smile. (Awww!)
Alexandra couldn't help, but smile back. "Well, Rin, do you have family I could take you to? We can't stay in the woods all day."
A dark shadow passed quickly over the little girl's face, and then she shook her head. "No. Just Lord Sesshomaru! Lord Sesshomaru will come for me!"
Alexandra frowned. "Who?" she said, confused.
At that moment, Alexandra suddenly smelled a scent much like Inuyasha's, but different. It was more… evil, somehow. She spun around, and her eyes went wide. It could have been Inuyasha, but this guy was taller, had longer white hair, and normal looking ears. He was also… very, very, very good looking. Alexandra shook her head. Now wasn't the time to think of things like that.
He stared at her, also, clearly just as surprised as she was, but his surprise wasn't as obvious as hers. In an effort to protect Rin, she snatched the little girl up into her arms.
The guy saw what she was doing, and narrowed his eyes at her. "Let go of her," he said, calmly.
Alexandra blanched. How dare he order me around like that? She thought, getting annoyed. "Why should I?" she yelled. "I don't know who you are!" Reluctantly, she realized that if she wanted to be able to fight him, she had to put Rin down anyway. Setting Rin down, slowly, she never took her eyes off of the guy. Her claws slid out of her hands and feet and she shifted to a battle stance.
Rin looked from one to the other, a cheerful expression on her face. Alexandra was confused momentarily to why she was so happy. Then, Rin spoke. "Lord Sesshomaru! It's you!"
"What?" Alexandra said, really confused now. This… person, or whatever, is her guardian?
"I'm okay, now, Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin continued. "This lady rescued me from the wolves."
Sesshomaru looked at Alexandra more interestedly now. "Is that so?" he said, still in that calm manner.
Rin nodded happily. "Yes, my lord!"
Alexandra was getting irritated at being left out of the conversation, like she wasn't even there. "Is this your daughter?" she growled, staring at Sesshomaru.
Sesshomaru didn't answer, just continued to look at her, thoughtfully. Alexandra continued. "Because if she is, then YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PARENT! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE HER IN THESE WOODS TO GET EATEN BY WOLVES!?!?"
Rin jumped at Alexandra's abrupt change of tone. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes.
"He's my guardian," Rin said, her smile fading a little. "I suggest that you be more polite." She leaned over and whispered to Alexandra. "It looks like he wants to kill you."
"Of course he does, just like everyone else," Alexandra said, mostly to herself. She let Rin go back to Sesshomaru, but her eyes were still sad. She started to walk away in the direction she had come.

Sesshomaru looked after her. Clearly, she didn't want to fight. She was just doing a nice turn for Rin, but… something… he didn't want to see her leave so soon. Mentally, he growled at himself. "What is that supposed to mean?" The words burst from his mouth, making her stop.
Rin looked up at him, confused. Normally, he would have let someone go without a word, unless he had good reason to kill them.
The "lady" stopped, but didn't turn around. "Oh, everyone either wants to kill me, or use me as a weapon. No one really cares about me… or understands." Her tone was sad, but her body tensed in anger. She spun around, anger changing her features. "It doesn't even matter. I don't even know what I'm doing here, and I just want to get home. Back to familiarity and… Logan." She smiled briefly as she looked up at Sesshomaru. At that moment, he felt something that he had never felt before. It was a light fluttering in his stomach. It sort of sickened him.
"Who's Logan?" he growled, the unknown feeling in his stomach making him angry.
Another smile suddenly passed over her face. "You sound almost… Logan's my brother. He's the only one who cares."
Again, the feeling fluttered in Sesshomaru's stomach. What was it? Why am I… feeling this way? He thought, his face features darkening.
"You know, I was going to say that you sound almost jealous," Alexandra said. "But now, you look like it, too!" A soft giggle escaped her throat.
"I'm not jealous!" Sesshomaru said in a dangerous tone of voice. He glared at her, vaguely aware of Rin looking back and forth between them.
Alexandra shrugged. "Okay. No need to get mad. See you around." She turned and headed back in the direction that she came from.
"There are a lot of creatures around," Sesshomaru said, another pang from seeing her almost leave again.
She turned around. "Are you… worried about me? Because if you are, then you should know, I can take care of myself."
Sesshomaru's face darkened again. "I'm not worried. I just want nothing to happen to you for the simple reason that Rin would be devastated if something ever were to happen. She's grown attached to you."
The girl snorted. "She barely knows me," she retorted. However, her face softened again when she looked at Rin. "We'll meet again someday, little one," she said, softly.
Rin's smile suddenly erupted out of her again. "Bye, Alexandra! Bye, bye!"
Sesshomaru finally let her go this time. Alexandra, he thought. So, that is her name. "We'll meet again, soon, Alexandra," he whispered, not realizing that Rin could hear him, nor noticing her, and she gazed up at his face with wonder.