InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A clone in Feudal Japan ❯ The Insanity ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: (both) We don't own it! We don't own it! We don't own it! Tra la la la la!

Star Katt: Wait? Why are we singing happily about the fact that we don't own it?

SoulAvenger: Because, dear, you simply cannot sing a sad song in a happy tune… tra la la la la…

Star Katt: O.o Ok, on with the story.

Back w/ Sesshomaru & Rin In the Forest

Rin walked absentmindedly through the forest, next to Sesshomaru. "Hmm… I wonder why Sesshomaru stopped that pretty lady?" she thought, stopping to glance up at him every once in a while. He had the oddest expression on his face. Rin shook her head. "He's never done anything like that before. Could it be because she rescued me from the wolves?" He wouldn't be THIS grateful, especially after the lady had yelled at him. Hardly anyone did that and actually lived to tell the tale, much less someone of the female gender.
"Could he possibly like her?" Rin thought, looking up at Sesshomaru again. Now, he was… smiling!?!? Yes, he was! Just barely, but it was definitely more of a genuine smile, than a smirk. "That does it!" Rin exploded silently. "They'll have to see each other again. Somehow."


Sesshomaru walked calmly alongside Rin. Try as he might, he could not get Alexandra out of his head. 'That woman!' he snarled to himself. 'She has corrupted my thoughts! Why was I compelled to stop her?'

Well, there is the fact that she was beautiful…

'No!' He said silently. 'I won't allow myself to think about it!'

But you like her…

'What!? That's preposterous! I can't!'

Yes you can. You just don't want to admit it…

'That is pure, unadulterated, horse-hockey and you are out of your ever-lovin mind!'

Actually, I am your mind, more technically, your conscience.

'Strange. I didn't think I had one.'

Oh you do, you just don't listen to me very often…

'Okay! But I am not in love with her!'

You love her? I merely stated that you liked her…

'I… I don't!'

You don't have to like her in order to love her…

"I don't like her! I don't love her! I want nothing to do with her!" Sesshomaru said out loud, startling Rin. He glanced at her. She was staring back at her with the most confused look on her face. He narrowed his eyes at her. "Rin, leave in peace for a while." Then, without another word, he stalked off alone through the forest.
Rin shook her head again. "If I don't get them together soon, Lord Sesshomaru will go crazy…" she looked in his direction worriedly, and then she started to smile."On the other hand, this could be really fun getting them together!"

The Next Day - Kaede's Village

Introductions and friends were made. Ramen was eaten. (Star Katt dances 2 the YMCA song & SoulAvenger claps & whistles after she's done) Everyone recounted their stories. It was a very long, uneventful, yet relaxing day. (Kikyo was also hit on the head w/a squeaking hammer b/c we don't like her - Star Katt) Then, everyone began to talk about what they should do next.
"Well, Alexandra and I should be heading 'back to the future,'" Logan said lazily, while stretching.
Alexandra was quiet for a moment. "Oh, come on! We can stay a bit longer, Logan! Where in the future can you see beauty like this, huh?" She spread her arms and looked around. Everyone else looked around, too.
"You're right. It is quite a sight," Logan said, sighing.

Alexandra sighed. 'I know I have to go back… and I want to, don't I?'

Do you?

'Of course I do! Why would I want to stay?"

Why WOULD you want to stay?

'I dunno! Maybe because I can't stop thinking about Rin… and Sesshomaru,' Alex shook her head. 'No. It's not him. It couldn't be him.'

Why not?

'Because!'

That isn't a very good answer…

'Well, you're my brain, right? You think of a better one.'

* sigh * Must I point out everything to you?

'What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that…? I like him?' Alex shook her head. 'But that's… its just stupid! I don't believe you!'

You know something's wrong when you don't believe your brain…

'There's nothing wrong with me! I just don't trust him… he's probably out to get me or something…'

Oh, right. I forgot, because no one can ever love you for who you are, right?

'No! I-I just… I just… I'm only sixteen!'

Quit searching for excuses… it doesn't work with me, I'm your brain, remember?

'So, if you're my brain, what am I arguing with?'

Your heart, honey. Your heart. You're arguing with your heart.

Logan suddenly waved his hand in front of Alexandra's face. "Earth to Kid! Helloooo, Kid!"
"Huh?" Alexandra was shaken out of her thoughts.
"Did you happen to hear anything I just said?" Logan asked, looking faintly annoyed.
Alex shook her head, sheepishly. "No, sorry. I was thinking about something."
"Obviously," Logan said. "Well, I was saying that we could stay for two days and then that's it. You do realize that Charles and the others will be worried?"
Alexandra nodded, trying to look guilty, when really she was ecstatic. 'Two more days! Anything could happen in that time!'

Dreamily, Alexandra got up and wandered away while Logan stared after her. "Kids," he muttered, under his breath.

^.^

So, how'd ya like it? Please Read & Review!

SoulAvenger: Yeah, & check out my other cool stuff on FictionPress.com! It's all 100% original!

Star Katt: (rolls her eyes) Duh! Of course it's original! It's FictionPress!

SoulAvenger: (scratches head) Yeah, I knew that…

Star Katt: Well, guys sorry bout the long wait for this chappie.

SoulAvenger: Yeah, lots `o school work + writer's block = a looooong wait for this chapter.

Star Katt: Hopefully the next chappie won't take as long

Both: Bye! ^-^