InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A clone in Feudal Japan ❯ The Plot ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: WE DON'T OWN `EM!!

Star Katt: Never have, never will.

SoulAvenger: Well, I don't kno bout the 2nd part O.o

Star Katt: Don't mind her, just read the story

SoulAvenger: Rin's almost as weird as we are

Rin: Really? Cool!

SoulAvenger: Better take her back, you kno what happened last time.

Star Katt: *grumbles* Fine! *glares*

SoulAvenger: You're still here? Go read the story!!

Sesshomaru's Castle - Rin is In Her Room Alone

Rin paced back and forth, trying to come up with an idea for how to get Lord Sesshomaru and Alexandra to see each other again. "How to do this, howww toooo doooo thissssss," she whispered. "Hmmmm - if I…. No. That won't work…. How about….? No, he wouldn't fall for something like that. Hm, what if….? Hahahahahahahaha! Funny, but no."
Rin suddenly stopped pacing, and smiled, a light bulb appearing over her head. Then, she looked up in confusion. "What is that?" she pointed to the light bulb. "Oh, never mind. I just got the best idea! I better start right away, because this will take a couple of days!"
She scurried around the room, packing her clothes and other belongings into a bag. "Lucky for me that Lord Sesshomaru is out of the castle now!" She smiled and nodded. "Yes. This will work perfectly!"
Hoisting her bag up on her shoulder, she placed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on her door, so Jakken wouldn't find out about her disappearance so soon. Then, she set out in the direction of the well.
(A/N: we're making it so that Rin was able to get to the well in about 2 days, though we're not sure how - that's us, forever confuzzled w/ our own story)

Two Days Later - In Kaede's Village

"It's time for us to be leaving, Kid. We need to get back to Charles, tell him where we've been, and explain ourselves-" Logan was saying as Alexandra interrupted him.
"I know that, but can't you just go alone? I could stay here."
"Look Kid!" He glared at her, but his expression softened when he saw the desperate look in her eyes. "Look, we'll be able to come back."
"But when?" she asked.
"I don't know when," he admitted, sighing. "But we WILL come back."
(A/N: all this time, they had been walking toward the well, though, of course, Alex was walking reluctantly)
Inuyasha was pouting, and had been shooting angry glares at Kagome. "So, how long are you going to be away for THIS time?" he said, crossing his arms.
"Quit whining," Kagome said, matter-of-factly. "I'll only be gone for two days."
Inuyasha stopped. "TWO DAYS!"
"Yes," Kagome said, stopping also. The others walked on ahead. "I don't know why you're getting so upset. After all, I'm only your SHARD DETECTOR, right?" Tossing her head, she walked after the others.
Inuyasha was taken aback. 'Is that how she thinks it is?' "What do you mean, Kagome? I thought we were friends."
Kagome stopped and turned around. "Really? Friends?"
Inuyasha rubbed the back of his neck with one hand, looking uncomfortable. "Yeah, stupid," he said, looking everywhere, but at her. "You don't think I'd hang around you if we weren't, do you?" He shook his head, and muttered. "Women!" Then, he stalked ahead, leaving her behind.
Kagome smiled at his retreating back. "No, I guess not."

They kept walking until they got to the well. (A/N: It took a while, because if you remember, it took a while before they got TO the village FROM the well in the first place. Just reread if you're confused. It's in the first or second chappy.-The authors )
Anyway, what they found there surprised them, immensely. It was the little girl, Rin, sitting on the well, looking like she was waiting for them.
"What are you doing here?" Kagome asked, curiously. Alexandra choked back a surprised cry. Logan glanced at her.
Inuyasha snarled at Rin. "Where is that demented YOUKI that you always hang around?"
Rin smiled. "I ran away from him," she said, cheerfully, swinging her feet against the side of the well. "He'll never find me here!"
Alexandra was still in shock. The startled cry escaped her throat. Again, Logan was the only one who noticed. He pulled her back, and spoke into her ear.
"Who is she?"
Alexandra shook her head. "She - she's just a little girl. A little girl that I saved from a pack of wolves."
"Well, who was she running from then?" Logan asked.
"Sesshomaru," Alexandra whispered. "But I don't know why. From what I saw, she really likes him." Alexandra thought to herself. 'Maybe this time, he went too far with him being the bad parent that he is!'
"I wanna go home now!" Rin suddenly cried in the midst of Kagome's questioning and Inuyasha's growling. She locked eyes with Alexandra, and begged. "Will you take me home?"
Alexandra stared at Rin, visibly shocked. Everyone else was surprised, too. "Wha?"
"I want you to take me home."

^.^

Star Katt: EVIL CLIFFY! Aren't we mean? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SoulAvenger: (tosses head) I don't know what ur talkin bout. I'm jus as sweet as my name.

Star Katt: (rolls eyes) have u looked @ ur name, lately?

SoulAvenger: oh, yeah! Well n that case (grins evilly) MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Star Katt: (shakes head regretfully) oh, a mind is a terrible thing to waste