InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Day Without You ❯ Realization, Past Troubles, and Lot’s of Confusion... ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
I'm sooooo sorry for not updating sooner. My teachers where flocking me with homework and Fcats are next month. I'll try to get on the computer now and again, but until March, I'm kinda supposed to be grounded from it. Anyway, I hope you like the next chapter and please, if you'd like to be in it, e-mail me! My e-mail is in my profile part and that's the one I go on, so feel free to talk! I'm always welcome to talk to other people about stuff. Just, I won't be able to talk if I'm not on. Also, if you do e-mail me, please put something like `Fanfiction' for the subject. Sorry for the long apology. I had to catch up on some things!
 
 
Chapter 11: Realization, Past Troubles, and Lot's of Confusion...
 
Sango walked back into the temple after chopping all the wood into fireplace sized pieces. She sighed and sat on her bed, her forehead glistened with only the slightest amount of sweat. She looked around and saw that Kirara was still putting the wood into small piles when Mokun came out and started to run to help. He was saying something like `Thats enough! You and Sango have done so much to help already, please go rest!” Kirara looked at him strangely, then she looked up at Sango's window, asking for approval. Sango laughed and nodded. Then she made a small hand sign that looked like she was swatting a bug out of her face. Kirara smiled, as much a demon cat can smile, and happily pranced off into the forest for some alone time. Sango walked back over to her bed and started arranging her clothes so she wouldn't have too look for them when she needed them. She saw her demon slayer outfit and smiled. “This is the one that holds most memories…” She said. As she held the outfit, she noticed that she was starting to look down at Mokun, but as her eyes met his figure, she gasped. He wasn't there anymore. It was a slight difference, but someone else took his place. He glanced up at her and smiled. She smiled back, but retreated into the window when she felt herself start to blush. When she put the special outfit down, and looked back out the window, there was Mokun. The same one as when she entered the temple. Her eyes grew wide as she had just thought she saw a different person. “I need to rest. It's been a long day…” Sango blamed the vision and went over to her closet to change into sleeping clothes.
Kagome set her now finished homework aside and thought about what her mother had said. She lay back against her bed and looked out the window. As her gaze fell upon the Goshinbaku tree, her eyes widened. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes, but when she looked back, the tree was still glowing a light shade of purple. Kagome scrambled to he feet and flew out the front door. When she reached the tree, she saw a flash of light...
~ ONE OF KAGOME'S DREAMS WHEN SHE WAS IN THE FUDEL ERA ~ (I made this dream up!)
Where, am I? Kagome asked as she floated in a black realm. For some reason, she wasn't freaking out. She looked around as she felt like it was normal for a person to be floating around. “Wha...” She started, but was blinded as a flash of red light hit her. “Come on Inuyasha, dance with me!” She saw herself say to the same boy she was dreaming about. “Feh! Why would anyone want to dance?” He answered. She felt herself go mad, but calmed down as the other her started yelling at him. “Inuyasha! Why don't you just try it once! You always try and make me feel bad!” She said and started to cry. Inuyasha's eyes got all big “Don't cry!” he sorta ordered. “Fine! I'll dance! ONCE!” He said as she gave him a big smile. “Thank you Inuyasha...”
~ DREAM END ~
Kagome picked herself up off the ground and noticed the tree had stopped glowing. Souta was squatting next to her asking if she was ok. “I'm fine Souta, thanks.” She said and walked back to her room to think about what she had seen.
Shippo scrambled over to Sango's cocoon, which had begun to glow a faint blue. It was invisible to the naked eye, but it sure did send off a smell. Shippo turned to Kirara, who in turn, changed into her demon form. “Ready Kirara?” Shippo asked the cat. “Rrrr” Kirara growled lightly. Shippo noticed she was gathering more energy then when she attacked the other cocoons. “Right, because it's Sangos...” Shippo thought and hurtled a ball of foxfire at the silk ball. He immediately followed up by throwing his top. Kirara was attacking the ball viscously. Biting, clawing, and banging it for all she was worth. Shippo smiled at his friend, but continued his assault. Finally, a chunk of silk broke off and disintegrated. The hole did not close up. “Kirara!” Shippo called as he realized something. Kirara glanced at him to show she was listening, but did not falter on her attacks. “If we break the cocoon in their sleep, it doesn't re-grow!” Shippo said. Kirara was so happy, she banged harder then before and broke off another section. They noticed she was starting to wake up, so they stopped and took a break noticing the prison still kept the two holes.
Inuyasha lay in the tree, thinking about what Breeze had told him. “Kikyo...” He started his train of thought. “I love...Kagome?” He said to the wind. As he said her name, he immediately remembered the dream him. He remembered her scent. He smiled as the smell intoxicated his senses. As he realized this, he shook his head. “Do I really...love her?” as the thought reached his head, his mind screamed at him. He couldn't figure out what it was saying, but he knew that this other him must have been pretty stubborn. Even as he thought this, he was remembering his life before Kikyo. “No one would accept me...” He thought. Then, an image flew into his mind. The time when Kikyo shot him with the arrow. He gasped as he looked down and saw the arrow pierce his chest. Then when he looked around, he saw that it had turned to night. He could move, but not much. When he looked down again, he was wrapped in vines, with the arrow still in him. “What the...” He was about to say, but he heard a scream and immediately wanted to help that scream. The girl, Kagome, came into view. He was about to ask her something, when he heard himself talking. “Well hello Kikyo” `What?' he thought. “Kikyo, Kikyo who ever she is, I'm not her! I'm Kagome! Ka-Go-Me!” she stated roughly. “She's here” He once again spoke without his own will. When he saw the centipede demon appear, he was about to explode because the need to protect her was so great. He sighed when the villagers came to her rescue. As the demon was about to get pulled into the well he saw earlier, she broke free and bit Kagome. She didn't scream, she just looked very surprised. A jewel flew out of her side. He gasped “The Shikon no Tama!” He cried, and to his surprise, so did his mouth. She now screamed as she was flown against him. “Hey,” he heard himself ask. “Can you pull out this arrow?” “Huh?” “I said...” he started “I mean, I don't know if a can!” She said and started to reach upward toward the arrow. As he blinked, waiting to see what happened next, the image vanished, as if it wasn't even there to begin with. Inuyasha gasped, for about the fourth time that hour and his head flew down to his chest. The arrow was no where to be seen. “What...Just happened?” Inuyasha asked himself as he half fell half climbed out of the tree to sit at it's base.
Miroku and Suki walked down a path in a forest. They had been walking for about three hours, talking about things such as what the other had done before their meeting. As they come to a bend in the path, Suki brings up the discussion of family. Miroku winced slightly as the thought of his family inhabited his mind once again. “So,” she started, “What did your father or mother do when you where with them?” She asked. Miroku turned to her and gave her a forced smile. “They both died when I was very young.” He said. Then looked at his hand, missing the knowing look in Suki's eyes. “I'm on this journey to get rid of a wind tunnel Naraku placed on my family.” He flexed his hand, as if he could feel the tunnel getting bigger. “Someday, if I do not break this curse, I will be sucked into my wind tunnel.” Suki now looked at him with understanding in her eyes. “I know how you feel.” She said. Miroku looked at her to tell her that she didn't really know, but she continued. “My family has been cursed by Naraku as well. All the women in the family are destined to never find love. We will never be able to have children. Only once and a while, a male is born. Each girl can have one child. But if it is a baby girl, she knows life will be hard for her...” Suki now stopped and gave Miroku a smile with tears streaming down her face. “That's why I have to kill Naraku. I want so much to have a family.” At this, she broke into sobs. They shook through her whole body and they had to stop to let her calm down. “It's ok Suki, we will kill Naraku. I promise.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her and restrained from going below her waist as she cried into is robes...
 
Authors Notes:
Again, I'm very sorry for not updating! I wrote a really long chapter to make up for it. I hope I'll be able to post more often, but as I said earlier, Fcats are coming up and I don't have that much time to sit on the computer. I'll have plenty of time when Spring break comes and I promise I'll update almost daily (if I have all the good ideas...) or write one really big chapter. I'm so sorry again! I'm not really expecting anyone to be so kind as to give a review, but they are welcome! I will continue the story anyway.