InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 11

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Helllllllo? Are you even listening to me?” Kagome said, waving her hand in front of Inuyashas face.

“Feh, you're so damn noisy how could I not here what you've been blabbering on about?”

The woman took a deep breath through her nose, clenching her teeth together in frustration.

“Then why,” She said in a controlled voice, “Can't you answer me when I'm talking to you?”

The hanyou was laying on his side, making a point not to look at Kagome who loomed over the large couch he was on.

He just shrugged his shoulders in response.

`Because I like the look on your face when I provoke you. I like the way your scent spikes, like I can almost feel your passion oozing off your skin.'

And, it was fucking funny. She had so many reactions. The girl wore her heart on her sleeve and had the facial expressions to match. Women, for the most part had always been a mystery to him- why they needed to be so damn clingy, what their real motives were, what they were really thinking-

But when he thought about it, he had never really tried to analyze what the woman in his life had running through their head, or what they wanted- aside from their time in bed together, of course.

With Kagome, it was easy. When she was angry, her eyes lit up like fireworks; her hair stood up on end. Her skin became flush from frustration. When she was sad or disappointed, her face fell, her eyes became misty. And when she was happy-

Damn, her smile was almost blinding. He liked it when she smiled the most.

And fucking hated it.

It made him feel uneasy and uncomfortable, as if he wasn't in control of his own body anymore. Since when did he care about women's smiles and all that crap? What he was really interested in was what kind of expression she would make when he ran his tongue down her-

“UGH! Forget it! I'm just going do it myself!” Her loud screech made his ears flatten.

“I told you before, just put it where ever the hell you want.”

“Fine, I will. I have a lot of stuff, dog boy, so don't come crying to me when my things get in your way.”

“Feh. I don't know why you have to unpack everything now. Its not like were going to be living here for the entire three years.”

“Yeah, but the house isn't going to be ready for months! Im not about to live out of boxes until then.”

“Feh. Such a princess.”

He caught the sound of her grumbling and it sounded suspiciously like `such an ass.' He sat up and turned to give her a piece of his mind-

Just as she was stripping off her tee shirt. As she pulled it over her head, the bottom of her tank top rode up to her ribs, revealing the flat plains of her stomach. He watched as the defined yet delicate muscled contracted, noticed the creamy color of her skin. His eyes traveled up to the curve of her breasts. If only it would raise a little more, he could see the fabric of her bra.

He felt his mouth go dry. Whatever retort he had died in his throat.

“Wh- what are you doing?” He asked, hating the shake in his voice.

Damn, why the hell did he sound so nervous?!

“Were you watching me?” She said in a panic. “What the heck!”

“I-I just looked over and- BESIDES!” He yelled, louder than he intended. “What the hell are you doing stripping?”

“Im not stripping you perverted idiot!” She said throwing a bad in his direction. “In case you haven't noticed, its kind of hot in here. And Im the only one who is putting anything away. I feel like im going to have a heat stroke!”

Inuyasha growled. He rose from his seat and stalked towards her. She instinctively backed up.

“Wh-“

The closer he got, the more she retreated. He had a serious look in his eyes. She felt her back hit the wall and bit her bottom lip, clutching the bag she was holding close to her chest.

Inuyasha was inches away from her. He could smell her sweet scent, mixed with that of her sweat. It smelled intoxicating. He wanted to bury his nose in the crook of her neck and breathe in nothing else. The bag she was holding was pushing her breasts up, already exposed in the low tank top she was wearing.

Gods, had he noticed just how well-endowed she was before now? Her chest was heaving, she was breathless. They were so close he could almost feel the rise and fall of it.

“Inu-Inuyasha…” Her voice was quiet, like a question. He drew his attention to her mouth; her pearly white teeth were busy worrying away her bottom lip again. Was this a habit of hers? He wanted to tear it away from her, and take it into his own. He wanted to show her want his fangs could do.

He looked at her, his amber eyes half lidded with desire. He leaned down and

Took the bag away from her.

“Wh-what?” She asked confusedly.

“If you needed help, you should have just said something wench.” He quickly looked at the contents and walked into a different room.

Kagome felt hazy. It was as if the world had stopped spinning for a moment, and all that existed was she and Inuyasha.

She was sure that he was about to kiss her. The way he leaned his head down towards her, the sound of his voice, she had been positive-

He was probably just playing with her. He was a playboy after all. Or maybe he was serious. That wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

What was scaring her, was for a moment, she wasn't sure if she would have been able to resist him. She wanted to get closer to him, but she didn't intend for that to be the way. Maybe if they got to know each other, got to like each other then-

Kagome shook her head to clear away those thoughts.

No matter what, she would just be a business partner to him, or worse- a conquest.

~.~

What the hell was wrong with him?

He hadn't even been aware that he had made his way over to the wench, let alone get that close. It was like the sight of her drew him over.

Gods, the way she smelled, the way she looked, it was as if her body was seducing him. HIM! If it hadn't been for his quick thinking, grabbing whatever the hell she was holding, he would have kissed her for sure.

Inuyasha ran his fingers through his hair and smirked.

He had felt like a hunter in that moment, closing in on his prey.

His demon was in his element, loving every second of it. He had not failed to mention the change in her scent. There wasn't fear.

Why the hell wasn't a virgin girl like her afraid of him, a demon, coming at her, lost in the moment due to his lust.

He couldn't be certain, but in that moment, she had almost looked aroused.

At the sound of her light footsteps approaching and he squared his shoulders, trying to rid his mind of his dirty thoughts.

He bent down to pick up a box, and began to carry it over to the dresser he had cleared for her. From the corner of his eye, he noticed her biting that lip again, hastily trying to catch a glimpse of him.

“Uh, Inuyasha…”

“Eh?” He tried to sound nonchalant, choosing to focus on the task at hand.

“I, uh, I wanted to say…”

The hanyou turned to make eye contact with her. She let out a sigh and smiled.

“I just wanted to say thank you for helping. I know that you didn't really want to do this, but it really means a lot.” She looked up at him with bright eyes.

He clicked his tongue in response. “Tck. If I let you do this by yourself you wouldn't finish until it was time to repack and move.”

“Hehe, you're probably right.”

He didn't know what to say. Usually, he always had something witty on the tip of his tongue. Where the hell had his suave confidence gone?

Well, to be honest, he didn't really have to talk to women for extended periods of time. He spoke to tem enough to get what he wanted. He said the things he knew they wanted to hear. What was often the case, he didn't even need to say anything to impress them. His exotic looks, his demon heritage and his wealth did all the talking for him.

Was he not good at communicating? Did he now know how to hold a fucking conversation with a goddamned woman without behaving like a fucking idiot?

Damn that woman. She was making im realize things about himself.

Things he could have lived without knowing.

Having nothing better to say, he just grunted.

“Keh.”

“Hey, how about we take a break and get something to eat? My treat?”

Inuyasha had to turn his head to conceal his blush he could feel spreading across his cheeks.

“Whatever.”

~.~

“So, how is this going to work, dog boy?” Kagome said, putting her hands on her hips.

They had just reentered their new home, and she was already fatigued. The exhaustion from the day had finally caught up to her.

They had spent the last hour over dinner. It hadn't been… unpleasant. But it hadn't been the easy conversation that she had had with Kouga.

But that wasn't to say she didn't enjoy herself.

Inuyasha was like a mystery. He only revealed bits and pieces of his personality, and at strange times too.

One minute he was talking to her, looking so intently that she felt scrutinized, then the next minute he was flirting with the waitress. So couldn't figure him out.

Kagome had been satisfied though. She wasn't looking for a relationship with him. She wasn't looking for anything more than a possible friendship so that way when they had to greet each other in the morning it woudnt be totally awkward.

“Eh? How's what going to work?” He asked.

“Theres only one bedroom in your bachelor pad. Who's taking the couch?”

“Im not fucking sleeping on that. That's my bed in there.”

“Wow. And they say chivalry is dead.”

“I never claimed to be a fucking prince.”

“Ha! That's for sure.”

He looked up and scowled at her.

“I think the fair thing to do is to take turns.”

“No fucking way.”

“Listen, its not like I want to sleep in your bed. Ill probably be risking my health. Gods knows what you have brought there. But if I spend the entire time on the couch my back is going to get sore.”

“You'll be fine.”

“Ugh. You're so stubborn!”

“There is another solution.” He said with a smirk.

“Eh?”

“You could always sleep with me.”

Kagomes push had taken him by such surprise, he ended up face first into the floor.

~.~

In the end, Kagome had given up the argument and bedded down on the couch. Inuyasha laid down on his plump bed, tossing and turning in the sheets.

Even though his door was closed, in the stillness of the night his demon ears could still pick up the pattern of her breathing.

She didn't sound comfortable.

But why the hell should he have to sacrifice his comfort for her? A virtual stranger?

It felt strange, having someone spend the night in his apartment. For as long as he could remember, he had been alone.

Of course, when he as younger his world was filled with nannies and teachers, butlers and maids, but they had never really stuck around. To say he was a handful was an understatement. He had never had anyone willing to stay with him long term.

He certainly never had a woman stay over night.

Even Kikyo, his girlfriend did not sleep here.

But there she was, his new little wife, her shallow breathing only one room away.

He wasn't sure why, but he didn't feel right having her so far away.

Feet on the floor, he walked quietly over to her.

She looked beautiful. Her back hair was a mess, the shirt she was wearing was twisted from her restrained movements.

And yet, he couldn't remember a time when he had seen a woman look so pure, so unattainable.

Reaching down with a gentleness he did not know he possessed, he lifted her up and held her against his chest.

She was lighter than he imagined, which was a surprise, as her frame was small to begin with. She felt weightless on his strong arms. He cradled her a little closer to him as he made his way to his bed.

He laid her down on her back, watching as she stretched and adjusted her body to the new space. He crawled in beside her, taking care to cover the both of them.

This was a new experience. A sleeping woman in his bed, and he didn't mind. That he actually went out of his way to put there.

She turned over on her side, inching closer to him. In her sleep induced state, she was seeking out the heat of his body.

She draped one arm over his chest and snuggled in closer. The hanyou knew he was blushing, could feel the burn where her soft skin met his.

Normally, he would have shoved whatever clingy woman he had brought home off of him. He hated the feeling of being constrained, like they were trying to take ownership of him.

But with Kagome…

He leaned in closer, burying his nose in the floral scent of her hair. He pressed a light kiss to the top of her head before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

He couldn't remember having ever slept so damn well.

~.~

Kagome awoke in a strange place.

The sun was fluttering through the windows, ushering in a new day. The smells of the room were foreign, not her own. It was masculine and strong.

And what was she laying on? It was plush and soft, warm and hard.

She was more content than she had been in a long time. Reluctantly, she cracked open an eye, and it hit her all at once.

She was tangled in Inuyasha. Their legs were entwined, her hands wrapped around his torso. His own strong, large arms were cradling her possessively. She wasn't even she sure could get out of this hold if she tried!

His body was so strong, so very manly. As she attempted to move away, he unconsciously moved in closer, pressing his very hard erection into her.

That was when the hanyou awoke from one of the loudest screams he had ever heard in his life.