InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 12

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The alarm pierced through the hanyous ears as it rang once, twice, ten times. A sigh, the rustle of sheets and the blessed off button was pressed. It wasn't that she was particularly loud in the mornings; in comparison to other women, she was relatively quiet. But with his sensitive hearing he picked up each little noise as if he was right there waking up beside her.

He pushed the pillow flush against his ears to try and muffle the sounds of her rummaging through her clothes, humming in the shower, or worse, the little content noises she made when the hot water hit her skin.

Once she came out of the bathroom he knew it was safe to emerge. This took about a month of trial and error to get right. What a dangerous time that had been.

The first day her alarm went off, he marched into the room and threw it against the wall. The sound of her screech so early in the morning, and the cold shoulder that continued on for the rest of the day made him leery to repeat those actions.

He tried a gentler approach; he simply unplugged it one day. The result was a well-rested Kagome and a content dog demon.

That was until she realized the time. Inuyasha shuddered at the memory. How could some one so small be filled with such fire and fury?!

So in the end, he had to endure it. But for her part, she did try to get up as immediately, even opting not to hit the snooze. He would never admit it, but he was grateful.

“Inuyasha, the bathroom is free.” She called out to him. It wasn't loud; she had learned by now that he needed little more than a whisper to pick up what she said. But for the sake of not feeling as if she was talking to herself, she said it at a conversational level.

He tugged on the discarded pajama pants on the floor. He wouldn't make the mistake of walking out into his living room in the nude again. She had pelted every object within reach at him. He ran his fingers through his thick, silver hair. It was time to start the day.

The hanyou was not used to waking up this early. It had been a month and he was still fighting the change.

It wasn't that he was tired. On the contrary, he often had trouble sleeping, because he required so little sleep. It was the principal of it! He should be able to move around as he pleased, not according to her damned schedule.

He was used to sleeping in, doing things at his own leisure.

Moreover, he was accustomed to wanting those extra hours of sleep, thanks to his bedmates.

But since his new little wife had moved in, he hadn't been able to bring a woman home.

She had moved his couch in lieu of a bed. Alongside his television and speakers stood two tall dressers housing her many articles of clothes. Textbooks seemed to be in every corner of her space. He had expected cosmetics and perfumes, stuffed animals, trinkets and whatever frilly crap women liked would engulf his apartment. But that wasn't the case. She was neat and organized, and from what he saw, didn't seem overly concerned with those things. She was far more focused on school.

He opened his door and immediately caught her scent. It was heavenly. He knew by now to keep a hand on the door frame to steady himself. She always hit him like a ton of bricks.

It was worse when she came out of the shower; it was like the very air he breathed was Kagome.

The girl was standing at the stove, her back to him, preparing breakfast. He allowed himself the privilege to look her over. This had become his morning routine.

She was dressed casually, a flattering pink shirt and shorts. He couldn't help but admire the length of her legs, the curve of her ass. When she moved in just the right way, he could faintly see the dimples of her back. He silently begged her to stretch, to show him a little more.

He needed to get out tonight, he needed a woman. Maybe he would call Kikyo. He was salivating at the mere thought of this womans back.

Oh, he had gone out and fucked his fair share since Kagome had moved in. He had rented hotels, gone back to their place, made do in the car. And while the experience was enjoyable, as the act always was, he was left with some nagging, unsatisfied feeling in the back of his mouth.

He disliked going to womens apartments, or inviting them to a room. His lovers had asked him to stay, begged him to cuddle, to open up and share something with them. He didn't want that. When he was done, he was done. He had no connection with these woman, other than sexual chemistry. He was in no rush to deepen that bond.

Even with Kikyo, he did not like pillow talk. If conversation occurred, it was about trivial things, nothing of consequence. That's what he liked about her. She seemed to understand that he wanted space.

Or, had understood that. Ever since he and Kagome had tied the knot she seemed pushy, like she was trying to dig her claws into him. It both repulsed and turned him on. He couldn't figure out why.

Even with the sound of the shower, he could pick up the sweet melody that she was humming in the next room over. He carefully lathered the shampoo in his hair, wondering for the millionth time how it came to this.

~.~

Kagome set the plate down on the table, then quickly made note of the time. She had about 15 minutes before she had to head out the door. As she idly pushed around the food on her plate, she went over the check list of things she had to accomplish today. Class, studying, food shopping. Had she promised to take Shippo to the park today? Or was it the movies?

She had given up her other jobs, but she refused to leave the kit. She had been with him for the majority of his life, and he was dear to her. His parents were both busy, and often having business overseas that resulted in him staying with Kagome for weeks at a time. They had hired a caretaker, but still kept her on, as a source of comfort.

The fox demon was less than pleased about her new husband. He had smelled it on her at once, “the stench of a dog” as he called it. He could tell just from sniffing her what kind of man, well, demon, her husband was.

And he didn't approve.

Whether it was Inuyasha himself, the type of demon he was, or that Shippo simply did not want to share her attention, she couldn't be sure. But either way, she found it adorable.

She looked over her shoulder and smiled at the hanyou.

“Morning.” She chirped out.

“Feh.”

“I left some food on the stove for you.”

“Eh. Thanks.” He said, slightly awkwardly, mostly expectant, as he did every morning.

Kagome took a bite of her breakfast before looking at the clock once more. It wasn't time for her to leave yet. She could still sit and relax. But the tension was thick, there was nothing to say.


Inuyasha watched as she rose from her seat to clear her plate.

“I don't know why you even bother cooking.” He said. “You hardly eat anything you make.”

“I just don't have a big appetite.”

“Keh. Whatever. More for me.”

“Yeeep.” She replied, washing the plate in the sink.

“Heading out?”

“Yeah. I have class.” She said over her shoulder as she walked towards the door. “See ya.”

And just like that, she was gone.

The dog demon looked down at the food. He had to admit, she was a good cook, although she was a bit heavy handed with the spices.

She was gone, but every inch of his place smell like her. There were bits if her in every corner, a feeling that he wasn't alone here anymore.

It was the first time he had ever a space with anyone. He had always had his own room, hell, growing up he had his own wing of the house.

When he moved out, he had chosen an apartment, not as spacious as he was used to, but it was large enough for his needs. Without the hustle and bustle of servants running around, he didn't want to be overwhelmed by the empty space.

Not that he felt lonely.

He had a plethora of women at his disposal.

Kagome was different.

From the moment he met her, his demon thrashed against him. Something about her called out to him on a primal level.

Lust, he had told himself. Plain and simple. And the damned wench didn't want him! That had to be it.

Inuyasha wouldn't accept any other explanation than that.

~.~

He had decided that he was going out tonight. That would take the edge off of his situation. He was being smothered at home, he needed a breath of fresh air.

He needed the scent of an available women.

At first he considered Kikyo, but decided against the hassle. She was suddenly tiresome since his wedding, naggy and possessive.

The point of tonight was to break away from that. A woman with a beautiful face, a body that killed, and the best part, no name.

When he arrived at the bar, Miroku was ahead of him, losing points with the ladies. The hanyous ears picked up the sound of a slap, and when he greeted his smiling, albeit lecherous friend, he was sporting his red cheek proudly.

“Already making an ass of yourself?” He said with a smirk, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Inuyasha, what ever gave you that idea?” He asked innocently.

“Keh. The evidence is all over your face.” He scanned the room looking for someone to meet his needs.

A rather leggy blonde was sitting with her friends, idly stirring around her drink. Her breasts were exposed in a way that left little to the imagination. Every bit of her was screaming for his attention.

“Well I-“ Miroku started.

“Hold the thought, lecher.” The dog demon said, walking toward his prey.

With a confident stride, one of a man who did not know the sting of being turned down, he gave the stranger a grin.

~.~

It hadn't taken much. A few flattering words, some bold jokes, and the allure of his demon. She was putty in his hands. Prey in his claws.

She led him to the door of her apartment. The building was old, the neighborhood sketchy. He ws hesitant about following her here, but watching the way her ass moved in that tight dress wiped out any reservations he had. As she opened the door, he mentally kicked himself for not getting a hotel.

He wanted fucking scream for not being able to go home, fuck this woman in his bed, where he knew it was clean, where he knew the scents.

Her apartment smelled. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't pleasant. He caught the lingering smell of what she last cooked, the brand of her laundry soap, the fragrance

It wasn't what he was used to.

Her things were in disarray, a snapshot of the life she lived. He wondered how many men she brought here.

He wondered why he cared.

She was stripping off her clothes, throwing them on the floor. He worked quickly to fill the gap between their bodies.

He buried his nose in the crook of her neck. He intended to lightly nip at her, soothe it better with lavish kisses, lapping his way up to her puckered mouth.

Instead, he caught her scent; strong and foreign.

“Wh-Whats the matter? Y-Your growling…”

It was like something was pulling at him.

Not right. Not her. Not Kago-

He wouldn't let his damned demon finish that thought. He was in charge of who he fucked. And it wasn't going to be Kagome.

It had been too long. He needed this. He WANTED this. He did… want this… right?

Fuck. Of course he did!

He was going to prove that tonight. This girl didn't know what she was in store for.

~.~

As Inuyasha walked towards his door, exhausted. He was left with a feeling of uneasiness with every step he took to this apartment.

Immediately when he stepped inside, his senses were on high alert. It smelled wonderful. Like the dinner she had made, the light fragrance she wore, the natural scent of her; the one that made it clear this is where she laid her head down at night. The mingled scents of them.

He inhaled it deeply, hating himself for feeling comforted. The unease lightened for a moment, only before it increased.

He should have felt satisfied. His hunger should have been slightly quenched. So why was just the mere sight of her making him starve?

A/N: Sorry for the delay! No, I didn't abandon this story. I had finals, then I took a few summer courses! I now have time to devote to a deal with a demon! Sorry for this chapter, as it was mostly a filler. The net one is coming soon, I swear!